GUILTY TX - Alicia Moore, 16, Greenville, 2 November 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Poor family isn't even confident at this point if they are following up on leads. Used the words "hopefully" and "supposedly".

Why was the school guy so defensive? Afraid they will investigate teachers and find some skeletons? Afraid they will get heat because the ipad couldn't be tracked? Or because they gave the ipads out in the first place making kids vulnerable to robbery? Or why?

Is there a link where I can see the presser again? The live feed didn't work for me.

Thank you all for transcribing!

Alicia normally stayed after school at the ACE Program.

Poor family isn't even confident at this point if they are following up on leads. Used the words "hopefully" and "supposedly".

LE kept saying "hopefully we will have more information for you soon". I don't blame the family for not being confident :/

Questions and Answers :

What happened to the i-pad ? Jefferies: unable to track it electronically, has no idea where the physical device is.

Q: Why the initial delay in release of information/photo ? Chief Busken: Looking into the reason why.

Q: Amber Alert ? A: going over criteria, not met / satisfied. "...even now we cannot say for certain she was abducted."

Autopsy was conducted this morning, no details until the report is issued.

Tracking down leads.

Q: Was there a social media aspect ? A: LE looking into that aspect.

Q: Time of Death ? A: awaiting ME report.

Q: Runaway ? A: initial information indicated this may have been something that happened before.

Q: Body found in a "tool box"... A: that information is not completely accurate. there is a box that has been shown. the box is a key point of their investigation.

Asking for help from the community.

Family speaking, impromptu... (all officials have left the room)

Aunt: Not speaking favorably about police response. Complaining about Amber Alert.

Female Friend: PD dismissed the initial call as a runaway. Says Alicia circumstances did not meet the criteria of a runaway. Family wanted PD to begin searching for Alicia which never happened.

Aunt: PD on Sunday classified case as a runaway. No indication of runaway.

Male Friend: PD dropped the ball and never took the family seriously.

Female Friend: Family was on it's own all weekend. PD started investigation after body was found.

Aunt: Uncle was home at the time, she never made it home from the bus stop.

Aunt: Alicia in the after school program "Ace", family started searching for her after she did not come home after the 7:30 Ace bus.

Auntie is VERY involved with her Facebook it sounds like. She even admitted to "stalking it." :)

Why was the school guy so defensive? Afraid they will investigate teachers and find some skeletons? Afraid they will get heat because the ipad couldn't be tracked? Or because they gave the ipads out in the first place making kids vulnerable to robbery? Or why?

Is there a link where I can see the presser again? The live feed didn't work for me.

Thank you all for transcribing!

Sadly, it's all about CYA. It's horrible, but very widespread. We recently had a child predator in my area, and when I contacted the school about alerting the community through their email list I got this email back about how they practice lockdowns at school and have procedures and protocols for the campuses, blah blah blah. It was all about covering their butts and nothing about actually helping bring awareness to the parents that there was a predator stalking kids on the street. Luckily after a friend in the PD backed me and I wrote another not so nice email, less than 3 hours later an email went out. It really broke my heart that all they really cared about was liability.

This family appears to have every reason to believe they were let down by LE and received no support initially. They certainly aren't receiving any support now either. So sad......

Wow, family is NOT happy with how this was handled, to say the least. I'm angry for them. I don't know if it would have made any difference in the outcome, but that "what ifs" are haunting.

I didn't catch the last question they asked auntie...something about bullying? Did anyone hear it?

I feel confident this family will not let the case get lost. I just hope LE does their part. RIP Alicia--it's clear you were a sweet, smart girl loved by your family and I am sad you are gone so soon :(

Sounds like grounds for a civil lawsuit.

Did any of you catch what the guys taking down the mikes said? Something about "don't say anything crazy, yeah, the mikes are hot"?

I wonder why she went home that day?

Good question, and it could be why the school is so defensive. Perhaps the teacher called out sick or had to leave early, or the program was cancelled that particular day?

Wow, family is NOT happy with how this was handled, to say the least. I'm angry for them. I don't know if it would have made any difference in the outcome, but that "what ifs" are haunting.

I didn't catch the last question they asked auntie...something about bullying? Did anyone hear it?

BBM: Yes, she said that it wasn't as "big as everyone makes it out to be." "I always stalked her FB page and sent her uplifting words."

Thank God the Rangers have taken over this investigation.

Interesting. So the school knows she didn't check into the program at 3:20.

I don't know. I was trying to find out if "attendance" is taken during the ACE time and/or is it optional for the student to attend daily?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaexo21
Back