GUILTY TX - Alicia Moore, 16, Greenville, 2 November 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Minutes before Greenville High School’s Friday night football game, there was a moment of silence to honor Moore.

Moore will be laid to rest on Saturday, November 17th at 11 a.m. at Ridgecrest Baptist Church.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2012/11/09/greenville-police-release-new-photos-in-alicia-moore-case/

BBM above for some reason this made me cry all over again. I'm glad to hear about the moment of silence, though. That her community hasn't forgotten her.

Sorry, I know my posts are kind of disjointed while I'm catching up. This board gets me from crying to laughing to crying again in minutes.

O/T but we all need to laugh sometimes, yes? I forgot to post last night that this cracked me up. Awhile back when I got the newer Windows (Vista I think at the time) I typed up a quick note in Word, then had to spend an hour doing online searches to figure out how to print the document. Really, was the printer icon or File/Print so bad? Drove me NUTS! Also LOL about the message you sent to your missing iPad.

That iCloud sounds like a cool feature though. Tied back to this case, seems like the school would have iCloud enabled if for no other reason that prevention and recovery of losses/thefts. I obviously don't have an iPad but it seems like there'd have to be some kind of way to lock people out of disabling that feature. Makes me wonder if the school could block people from disabling it but didn't set it up or didn't know how? Or did whoever ended up with the iPad knew how to reset it and disable the feature in spite of possible restrictions?

http://www.apple.com/asia/ipad/find-my-ipad.html
This shows how it's done through iCloud. You can even lock it remotely or wipe it remotely. Obviously you can wipe it if you have possession of the device. You just go to settings and follow the directions. I do believe the latter is what happened with AM's iPad. Who possessed it wiped it. The school knew this on Saturday since they couldn't locate it with iCloud.
jmo

BBM above for some reason this made me cry all over again. I'm glad to hear about the moment of silence, though. That her community hasn't forgotten her.

Sorry, I know my posts are kind of disjointed while I'm catching up. This board gets me from crying to laughing to crying again in minutes.

:(
From this, the Dallas ME has given the family a date to return her body. So... hopefully we'll hear TOD and/or COD soon?

http://www.apple.com/asia/ipad/find-my-ipad.html
This shows how it's done through iCloud. You can even lock it remotely or wipe it remotely. Obviously you can wipe it if you have possession of the device. You just go to settings and follow the directions. I do believe the latter is what happened with AM's iPad. Who possessed it wiped it. The school knew this on Saturday since they couldn't locate it with iCloud.
jmo

I understand you can "wipe it" or reset to factory settings or whatever...but I thought a computer forensics team can find anything, even if deleted, from a computer. Does anyone know the answer to this? TIA!

I understand you can "wipe it" or reset to factory settings or whatever...but I thought a computer forensics team can find anything, even if deleted, from a computer. Does anyone know the answer to this? TIA!

You don't need an expert IF you have the iPad. iCloud backs up daily and it will recover all data that had been saved even if wiped.

http://www.apple.com/asia/ipad/icloud/#backup
Scroll down to backup and restore

iCloud offers little storage, it's possible it was disabled.

I may have to get myself an iPad ... for research purposes, of course. ;)

I'm not clear on the language there. Regardless, even if it is possible, it is highly unlikely that a rape case will be prosecuted unless the victim is willing to take the stand. In cases where the victim is a very young child, they may substitute the testimony of a forensic interviewer (or more likely a videotape of that exchange) but I've been a victims advocate for a long time and I've only seen one case where they went to trial without a victim willing to give testimony-and that was the Jerry Sandusky case. Two of the victims were never even identified, but based on eyewitness testimony (in one case it was actually hearsay testimony, allowed under the "excited utterance" exception) they got convictions for those two victims.

None of Warren Jeffs' victims testified against him in Texas during his trial for sexual assault and aggravated sexual assault. The same is true for the other FLDS members tried in Texas for sexual assault.

In most of those cases, there was DNA evidence along with documents that made the solid cases without testimony from the victims. It was known from the onset of those criminal cases that it was highly unlikely that any of the victims would testify.

It is not necessary to have testimony from a victim in Texas. The state is the entity making the charges and it is the state who determines whether to procede or not. Rarely do the victims call those shots other than refusal to testify.

Some judicial districts are better than others when it comes to providing support and a degree of safety/protection for victims. I'm withholding my judgement about Alicia's case until I can learn more about it.

The sexual assault case against Ramsire may be a different story absent testimony from the victim. We don't know much about the case against Ramsire, but I'm also concerned that the case may have been weakened by her murder.

Maybe the iPad got erased because the location services were on. I'm thinking if it was a school issue maybe it was pass code locked to be able to turn find iPad off. Moo

I've been very puzzled on how exactly this perp seemed to have so easily reset her iPad thereby rendering it essentially useless in every way as far as tracking, locating it, etc.. I wouldn't be near as puzzled if say, it was just a personally purchased iPad..but I can attest from my sons school issuing them apple Mac notebook laptops to each student the last three years that the way in which they go about literally locking down every single feature imaginable(and each locked down feature has a totally different lock down code)... I am no computer illiterate here AND YET HONESTLY THERE WAS NO WAY IN HELL TO BY PASS THE WAY THEY HAD EACH APPLE LAPTOP LOCKED UP WITH PASSCODES!

At one point I had reached my limit with the way in which they were not allowing me, as the parent to place parental blocks on my own Childs laptop(yes, that's an entirely other story in that they did not place any blocks on the laptops as far as internet access...and yes these kids were absolutely looking up *advertiser censored* among other things no parent in their right mind wants their child seeing...THEY WERE LOOKING THESE SITES UP AT SCHOOL...yet still when I went and raised Hell about it they still placed no protective blocks)

That's when I marched my butt straight down to the apple store seeking help to how to go about protecting my child and could I purchase and have parental provisions placed on my sons computer.. That's when I really learned from one of the apple techs that theway in which the schools have everything on the apple laptops securely locked down that WITHOUT THE SCHOOL PERMISSION AND UNLOCKING CERTAIN AREAS OF THE LAPTOP THAT I, AS A PARENT COULDN'T SO MUCH AS CHANGE EVEN SOMETHING AS IRRELEVANT AS THE DEFAULT PRINTER..

SO, upon hearing about Alicia's iPad actually being school issues I was literally dumbstruck at evidently just how easily her tablet was completely disabled and rendered useless in helping in any way this investigation...

I am still puzzled about it..jmo.

None of Warren Jeffs' victims testified against him in Texas during his trial for sexual assault and aggravated sexual assault. The same is true for the other FLDS members tried in Texas for sexual assault.

In most of those cases, there was DNA evidence along with documents that made the solid cases without testimony from the victims. It was known from the onset of those criminal cases that it was highly unlikely that any of the victims would testify.

It is not necessary to have testimony from a victim in Texas. The state is the entity making the charges and it is the state who determines whether to procede or not. Rarely do the victims call those shots other than refusal to testify.

Some judicial districts are better than others when it comes to providing support and a degree of safety/protection for victims. I'm withholding my judgement about Alicia's case until I can learn more about it.

The sexual assault case against Ramsire may be a different story absent testimony from the victim. We don't know much about the case against Ramsire, but I'm also concerned that the case may have been weakened by her murder.

I understand that it's up to the state-again, just speaking from my experience here, it's very that a prosecutor will go forward with a rape case unless the victim is willing to testify. There are exceptions of course-in the Jeff's case as you mentioned, as with the Sandusky case where there is significant corroborating evidence-but in your standard sexual assault case (which seems to be the case with Alicia) it's much harder to meet the burden of proof without the victim testifying. Things like eyewitness testimony, even physical evidence are rare in rape cases. Most victims are left with few-if any-physical injuries and the most compelling evidence is their testimony itself.

I've heard some horror stories about how Texas handles rape victims personally, but in fairness I hear those from just about everywhere. In terms of protecting victims before trial, the support from LE is pretty much nonexistent in every state. I'll hold off some judgement with this LE I suppose, but the way they handled her MP case says a LOT, IMO.

I went to the original fb i found for Alicia when the story first broke on her page she post a photo of herself i looked under the pic for people who liked,in another browser I had TW page open i ran threw every friend there is a young lady that is on Alicia as well as tw page and from there you find more friends and contacts the same. IMO it is possible he might have seen her pictures or even tried to chat with her.Here is the link http://www.facebook.com/alicia.moore.12979

Bringing this forward. Incredibly interesting and heartbreaking in light of what was apparently going on in her life during the six months chronicled in those few photos.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Bringing this forward. Incredibly interesting and heartbreaking in light of what was apparently going on in her life during the six months chronicled in those few photos.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

If you look on TW's facebook page he has a friend thats a cousin of hers and i clicked on his (cousins) fB page and he didnt know anything about her missing till wed

I've been very puzzled on how exactly this perp seemed to have so easily reset her iPad thereby rendering it essentially useless in every way as far as tracking, locating it, etc.. I wouldn't be near as puzzled if say, it was just a personally purchased iPad..but I can attest from my sons school issuing them apple Mac notebook laptops to each student the last three years that the way in which they go about literally locking down every single feature imaginable(and each locked down feature has a totally different lock down code)... I am no computer illiterate here AND YET HONESTLY THERE WAS NO WAY IN HELL TO BY PASS THE WAY THEY HAD EACH APPLE LAPTOP LOCKED UP WITH PASSCODES!

At one point I had reached my limit with the way in which they were not allowing me, as the parent to place parental blocks on my own Childs laptop(yes, that's an entirely other story in that they did not place any blocks on the laptops as far as internet access...and yes these kids were absolutely looking up *advertiser censored* among other things no parent in their right mind wants their child seeing...THEY WERE LOOKING THESE SITES UP AT SCHOOL...yet still when I went and raised Hell about it they still placed no protective blocks)

That's when I marched my butt straight down to the apple store seeking help to how to go about protecting my child and could I purchase and have parental provisions placed on my sons computer.. That's when I really learned from one of the apple techs that theway in which the schools have everything on the apple laptops securely locked down that WITHOUT THE SCHOOL PERMISSION AND UNLOCKING CERTAIN AREAS OF THE LAPTOP THAT I, AS A PARENT COULDN'T SO MUCH AS CHANGE EVEN SOMETHING AS IRRELEVANT AS THE DEFAULT PRINTER..

SO, upon hearing about Alicia's iPad actually being school issues I was literally dumbstruck at evidently just how easily her tablet was completely disabled and rendered useless in helping in any way this investigation...

Yes, is there something more to someone at the school? They were really involved. I've been following JRs case closely and the school never said a word. Just my curiosity.

Perhaps the Ipad was destroyed?

ETA: Is there a way to take something out of one Ipad and put it in to another and then that Ipad will have all the other's information on it? Like changing out SIM cards on a phone?

Destroyed or tossed along with the backpack somewhere would make the most sense to me. Resetting things does not change the serial numbers, etc that are used for tracking purposes.

Destroyed or tossed along with the backpack somewhere would make the most sense to me. Resetting things does not change the serial numbers, etc that are used for tracking purposes.

Serial #'s to track ... ? A serial # will be helpful when/if it's found, but otherwise it does no good. IMO. You can't "track" a serial #.

I think we have some sort of disconnect between iPad (Apple) v PC and understanding the difference, I guess??????

The reports have said:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/08/alicia-moore-murder_n_2093017.html

Authorities said they interviewed Moore's friends and teachers. The school district's technology department also attempted to trace the location of Moore's school-issued iPad, however officials said the device had been reset and was untraceable.

BBM -= Reset/untraceable it was WIPED on purpose. IMO. I AGREE it would be so much easier to just toss the thing somewhere and be done with it, YET someone took the time to reset/wipe/ that iPad per report(s) from the GISD.

JMO.

You asked this ?
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased TX - Alicia Moore, 16, GreenVille, 2 Nov 2012

I answered here because I didn't quite understand your ? and tried to answer:
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased TX - Alicia Moore, 16, GreenVille, 2 Nov 2012

:twocents: Oh well ... onward. Waiting for an arrest.

Perhaps the Ipad was destroyed?

ETA: Is there a way to take something out of one Ipad and put it in to another and then that Ipad will have all the other's information on it? Like changing out SIM cards on a phone?

There is no "hard drive" on an iPad to replace or reuse, etc.

See I didn't get upset with LE during that presser. I just listened. I then listened to the aunt and her friends and was like who are these people and why are they even allowed to speak? That's when I realized ... WHOA ... she went to ACE and no one knew she came home early? Why? WTH was going on? Then the bashing of GLE/the Amber Alert system and somehow Alicia got lost. :(

I was busy looking up people (that I knew their names) online, FB and I couldn't find one and came here and asked for HELP. Help came... I started putting things together and got very, very concerned because I wasn't :furious: at LE and they said things without saying things and now I know WHY. She had run away before and her aunt was like pffffffft. AM's mom let that cat out of the bag. God love her for standing up for her child NOW and back in July when SHE filed charges against R for SA her child.

I was annoyed at everyone other then LE. I figured LE had reasons of doing things. The aunt and family friend not sure if they were the best to go up and speak. To me they were to busy blaming LE instead of giving as much info as possible to help find the murderer. If she was bullied that needs to be addressed. If she was a previous run away that needs to be looked at too. That would help the every day folks think about people they thought were suspicious but may have pushed it off b/c the "family" blew it off the bullying or that she has run off before.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buck_317
Back