GUILTY TX - Alicia Moore, 16, Greenville, 2 November 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I will admit I was kind of upset during and after the presser too, but the more I read and hear, the less and less upset I am with LE. IMO that had to be really confusing for LE to figure out which story/stories to believe, and what action to take depending on what they believed.

I so wish this had a different ending for Alicia. :( I am feeling somewhat more hopeful that there are enough clues and connections to find the person who did this, though. I hope so.

See I didn't get upset with LE during that presser. I just listened. I then listened to the aunt and her friends and was like who are these people and why are they even allowed to speak? That's when I realized ... WHOA ... she went to ACE and no one knew she came home early? Why? WTH was going on? Then the bashing of GLE/the Amber Alert system and somehow Alicia got lost. :(

I was busy looking up people (that I knew their names) online, FB and I couldn't find one and came here and asked for HELP. Help came... I started putting things together and got very, very concerned because I wasn't :furious: at LE and they said things without saying things and now I know WHY. She had run away before and her aunt was like pffffffft. AM's mom let that cat out of the bag. God love her for standing up for her child NOW and back in July when SHE filed charges against R for SA her child.

And... one more thing... (Obviously I can't get this case out of my mind...)

The perp would want to erase the iPad so that there was no trail of communication between him/her and Alicia...

This is assuming this iPad has/had this feature...

And, sorry if this idea has already been suggested...:blushing:

It does have the feature whether through email or "chat". It can be done. With a school district issued iPad, I really don't know what is enabled and what's not. AGAIN ... it isn't difficult to add on apps after the fact.

Perhaps the Aunt was attempting to downplay the run away issue becaue she knew the response from LE would be minimal.

I'm so angry I could spit nails.

I have no doubt in my mind that Alicia's murder and the impending trial for Sexual Assault (in which she would have been the key witness) are related. I think it was either a paid hit, or some kind of personal favor, but I have no doubt that both of these scumbags are involved. And no, these cases do NOT generally go forward if there is no victim able to testify because the constitution guarantee's us all the right to confront our accuser. No victim, no trial (as a general rule) Which means if they cannot tie the (alleged) rapist to Alicia's murder, he may just get off scott free :furious:

What kills me is we JUST saw a case like this-ALSO in TX, and involving a 16 year old girl, Shania Gray:

Man murders girl, 16, before she can testify against him for raping her two years ago...and he lured her to her death by posing as a teen on Facebook

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rs-ago--lured-death-posing-teen-Facebook.html

This happened in September, only 60 miles away from Alicia!

This makes me even MORE angry with LE's reaction! Alicia wasn't just some missing teen, possible runaway-she was a key witness in a very serious case, in which she also happened to be the victim. The idea that they would treat her as a runaway is appalling-and I don't CARE if she had a history of it. The moment they found out she was the victim in a case of this magnitude, alarm bells should have been ringing like crazy-ESPECIALLY after seeing what happened to Shania. :banghead:

We tell our victims to be brave, and do the right thing-to tell the police, to go through the courts system, to get justice-but then our system doesn't offer them any kind of protection against retaliation. It is an outrage, and a moral failing of our society. Something has to be done...girls like Alicia and Shania can NOT be left to fall through the cracks any longer :cry:

Thank you.

Out of here for a while since I am the odd woman out that I don't think LE has been CYA at all. I listened to the presser and didn't :furious: like all here. I was floored with that take. LE was saying things between the lines that I picked up on. The Elephant in THAT room on THAT day was that LE and the family knew about AM sexual assaults in July. The very fragile, sweet, little, bullied (family glossed over that), so much of a homebody was SA before she disappeared. How in the world did that happen? LE knew that from the get go. LE didn't tell us that ... the press did many days later.

Sorry for the "novel". lol. BBL with a clearer head and no :furious: but still :truce:

Respectfully snipped and BBM

Fragile, sweet little bulled girls are PRIME targets for sexual predators. I'm not confused at all by how it could happen. He was probably someone the family trusted. He probably groomed her AND the family.

It also makes the families outrage that much more understandable. They were dealing with a child who had been a victim of a horrendous crime, who was set to testify in trial, and LE treated her like a runaway. Unbelievable.

I'm sorry if this question is not allowed, but is he an uncle? I noticed he's close in age to AM's mother. I think this RSO is a HUGE thing. I also thought uncle because someone said upthread that an uncle (who has not been named or talked about) was home that day.

IMO - All of this would make sense since the rest of her family didn't know she was coming home early (maybe she went to his house because she didn't have a key to get in to her own house, in order to wait for her family to get home). And then the whole iPad situation would make more sense, since if he's a relative he could've been familiar with the device being school issued. Lastly, placing her body in the trunk and taking her far away shows some connection to her.

This is clearly my rambling thoughts, and all MOO, but I just find that RSO link very significant.

Exactly! I was asking that Question! And I find it very troublesome!

Maybe the iPad got erased because the location services were on. I'm thinking if it was a school issue maybe it was pass code locked to be able to turn find iPad off. Moo

I don't think TW is responsible for Alicia's death. I think the LE are grasping at straws here.

I'm not sure if he is either. moo
If he knows anything, he won't be able to keep quiet about it. Again, moo, based on his online footprint.

I don't believe LE is grasping at straws though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Color me confused. I have always been under the impression that the "signature" if you will of an ipad cannot be undone by resetting or wiping clean.

Color me confused. I have always been under the impression that the "signature" if you will of an ipad cannot be undone by resetting or wiping clean.

I called my husband's Ipod a"wi-fi" again last night, so don't look at me...

I'm so angry I could spit nails.

I have no doubt in my mind that Alicia's murder and the impending trial for Sexual Assault (in which she would have been the key witness) are related. I think it was either a paid hit, or some kind of personal favor, but I have no doubt that both of these scumbags are involved. And no, these cases do NOT generally go forward if there is no victim able to testify because the constitution guarantee's us all the right to confront our accuser. No victim, no trial (as a general rule) Which means if they cannot tie the (alleged) rapist to Alicia's murder, he may just get off scott free :furious:

What kills me is we JUST saw a case like this-ALSO in TX, and involving a 16 year old girl, Shania Gray:

Man murders girl, 16, before she can testify against him for raping her two years ago...and he lured her to her death by posing as a teen on Facebook

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rs-ago--lured-death-posing-teen-Facebook.html

This happened in September, only 60 miles away from Alicia!

This makes me even MORE angry with LE's reaction! Alicia wasn't just some missing teen, possible runaway-she was a key witness in a very serious case, in which she also happened to be the victim. The idea that they would treat her as a runaway is appalling-and I don't CARE if she had a history of it. The moment they found out she was the victim in a case of this magnitude, alarm bells should have been ringing like crazy-ESPECIALLY after seeing what happened to Shania. :banghead:

We tell our victims to be brave, and do the right thing-to tell the police, to go through the courts system, to get justice-but then our system doesn't offer them any kind of protection against retaliation. It is an outrage, and a moral failing of our society. Something has to be done...girls like Alicia and Shania can NOT be left to fall through the cracks any longer :cry:

I think you are incorrect.
According to Texas Law,

In this context, it is clear that victims’ rights were provided to allow victims “the means to have access to and provide input into the criminal justice process—not to control it.”25# Both the constitutional and statutory Texas crime victims’ bill of rights specifically say that the victim does not have standing to participate as a party in a criminal proceeding nor contest the disposition of a charge.26# A crime victim’s rights are to be effectuated “within the criminal justice system” rather than “superseding or overriding it.”#27

I'm not sure what you mean by "signature". If you are talking about the signature "sent by .......", yes you can turn that off or even do a special message there.

LMAO at Clu's wifi.

I'm not sure what you mean by "signature". If you are talking about the signature "sent by .......", yes you can turn that off or even do a special message there.

LMAO at Clu's wifi.

ot/ my husband said my nieces will laugh at me too...going to see them in a few weeks. But I doubt it will come up, was just trying to remind my husband to take his "wi-fi" to work, as he goes crazy if he can't listen to his sports shows...

I think you are incorrect.
According to Texas Law,

In this context, it is clear that victims’ rights were provided to allow victims “the means to have access to and provide input into the criminal justice process—not to control it.”25# Both the constitutional and statutory Texas crime victims’ bill of rights specifically say that the victim does not have standing to participate as a party in a criminal proceeding nor contest the disposition of a charge.26# A crime victim’s rights are to be effectuated “within the criminal justice system” rather than “superseding or overriding it.”#27

I'm not clear on the language there. Regardless, even if it is possible, it is highly unlikely that a rape case will be prosecuted unless the victim is willing to take the stand. In cases where the victim is a very young child, they may substitute the testimony of a forensic interviewer (or more likely a videotape of that exchange) but I've been a victims advocate for a long time and I've only seen one case where they went to trial without a victim willing to give testimony-and that was the Jerry Sandusky case. Two of the victims were never even identified, but based on eyewitness testimony (in one case it was actually hearsay testimony, allowed under the "excited utterance" exception) they got convictions for those two victims.

It's not hard, it's an Apple. All Apple products are simple to use. No right click this that, no hold your breathe, turn around, touch the ground, no hacking/worms/trojans, etc.. It's so BASIC and follow step 1, 2, 3. Seriously easy to do. BUT you would have to know that the iPad could track you azz.

<snipped for space>

My DH (left brain dude) took my iPad. Came home without it. I went to his stupid PC and logged on to FIND MY iPAD through iCloud and tracked that sucker to my garage where it was lodged between the driver's seat and the console. It was BEEPING and he found it. Meanwhile I enabled that lost iPad to send a message to that iPad, he just found to say: "NEVER borrow your wife's iPad again. Irresponsible" lol. Sorry for the O/T

O/T but we all need to laugh sometimes, yes? I forgot to post last night that this cracked me up. Awhile back when I got the newer Windows (Vista I think at the time) I typed up a quick note in Word, then had to spend an hour doing online searches to figure out how to print the document. Really, was the printer icon or File/Print so bad? Drove me NUTS! Also LOL about the message you sent to your missing iPad.

That iCloud sounds like a cool feature though. Tied back to this case, seems like the school would have iCloud enabled if for no other reason that prevention and recovery of losses/thefts. I obviously don't have an iPad but it seems like there'd have to be some kind of way to lock people out of disabling that feature. Makes me wonder if the school could block people from disabling it but didn't set it up or didn't know how? Or did whoever ended up with the iPad knew how to reset it and disable the feature in spite of possible restrictions?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr
Back