GUILTY TX - Body of Julie Mott, 25, still missing from mortuary, 15 Aug 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
One year today.

Will they ever find the body or learn who took it?

One year today.

Will they ever find the body or learn who took it?

WOW its pretty insane to think that someone has her body, and it makes me think its probably not as unusual as I think it is. Her poor family.

So. The possibilities?

-- a. ex-boyfriend

-- b. funeral home employee

-- c. both a. & b.

-- d. other

I've always thought the ex- was too easy of an answer. Also that it's interesting the funeral director was a friend of the woman's family.

You?

How about, instead of -- d. other, a -- d. family? Unlikely, yes. It's all unlikely though. So....

I'm thinking the funeral home messed up somehow.

The ex bf comes off as creepy because he was obsessed with her, but that also makes him an easy scapegoat.

This is all so bizarre! Unless the thief buried her to "save" her from cremation, I can't understand how she could be "kept". I know that the Chinese have left beloved rulers where they could be visited, but I'm pretty sure that person was under a protective covering to control temperature and keep dirt and moisture from the body. The thief in this case wouldn't necessarily know how to do that, and she certainly wouldn't retain the look she had in the funeral home. Whoever did this certainly has some emotional problems!

beyond the pain to the family, which has to be enormous - I cannot imagine how this has occurred. While on one hand I thought the BF was extremely suspicious (don't we always look at the person who was known to have seen the MP last?), I can't imagine how/what he could've done with her....I'm completely baffled.

beyond the pain to the family, which has to be enormous - I cannot imagine how this has occurred. While on one hand I thought the BF was extremely suspicious (don't we always look at the person who was known to have seen the MP last?), I can't imagine how/what he could've done with her....I'm completely baffled.

I think the boyfriend had a burial place all ready and that's where he put her. With cremation he had nothing but now he has her in his special place that no one knows but him.

I think the boyfriend had a burial place all ready and that's where he put her. With cremation he had nothing but now he has her in his special place that no one knows but him.

Some people have a paraphilia which involves dead bodies. They feel the most lovely people are the dead. My guess is it was someone with this very strange attraction
which he could no longer control. Someone with this paraphilia would be taking great care of the body right up to the point of decomposition. I know we shudder and think of it as desecration, but to the ones with this paraphilia, it feels like they are honouring that person. Of course, the other possibility is a sexually deviant psycho.

Psychology Today: The dark, bizarre, absurd, and deviant side of curiosity

Jonathan P. Rosman and Phillip J. Resnick, in Sexual Attraction to Corpses: A Psychiatric Review of Necrophilia (1989), summarized the details of 122 people with necrophilia. They provided the most comprehensive account of what motivates people to show an erotic preference for dead people:

68% said it was about possessing someone who couldn’t resist or reject them
21% wanted to continue a relationship with a romantic partner
15% were sexually attracted to corpses
15% spent time with them to ward off the pain of being isolated and lonely
12% sought self-esteem and power

I spent ages last night reading through the ex boyfriends ramblings on another website. Insanely bizarre. Anyway, putting that aside, one thing that puzzles me is, I wonder if the police brought in sniffer dogs to check out his car etc? Surely that would be warrant for an arrest if they got a hit?

One would think dogs would have been used, but who knows? I don't like to be pessimistic, but I doubt she will ever be found.

That article says this about boyfriend: "One theory is that an ex-boyfriend who was supposedly obsessed with her took the body. He was one of the last people seen exiting the chapel. However, police used cadaver dogs to search the man’s car, home, and some property owned by his grandparents, and nothing was found."
Interesting

Would embalming throw the animals off? It stops (or profoundly slows) the process of tissue decomposition.

While reading about Melinda Ann Lee, I came upon this odd (grave robbery archive) blog... years of news clippings, magazine articles, etc.

http://theresurrectionistdiary.blogspot.com/

Personally, I believe Julie's case is/was a terrible "mistake" by the funeral home. But, then again, I've been wrong before :thinking:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back