GUILTY TX - Body of Julie Mott, 25, still missing from mortuary, 15 Aug 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That article says this about boyfriend: "One theory is that an ex-boyfriend who was supposedly obsessed with her took the body. He was one of the last people seen exiting the chapel. However, police used cadaver dogs to search the man’s car, home, and some property owned by his grandparents, and nothing was found."
Interesting

Thank you.

While reading about Melinda Ann Lee, I came upon this odd (grave robbery archive) blog... years of news clippings, magazine articles, etc.

http://theresurrectionistdiary.blogspot.com/

Personally, I believe Julie's case is/was a terrible "mistake" by the funeral home. But, then again, I've been wrong before :thinking:

Oh my I went to that site and there are allot of ghouls out there. In my state an embalmed elderly ladies head was found, no body and to my knowledge the LE are still trying to ID her. My grandparents used to talk about grave robber's and they constantly went to the family plots. It sure is creepy. I can't even think of it.

Do you think Julie was accidently cremated? and kept secret? Put in the wrong grave?

Oh my I went to that site and there are allot of ghouls out there. In my state an embalmed elderly ladies head was found, no body and to my knowledge the LE are still trying to ID her. My grandparents used to talk about grave robber's and they constantly went to the family plots. It sure is creepy. I can't even think of it.

Do you think Julie was accidently cremated? and kept secret? Put in the wrong grave?

I was definitely surprised by all the info on that blog!

Possibly accidental cremation followed by an attempt to cover it up. Again, just a guess.

It was Julie's wish to be cremated, so I don't understand some of the thoughts of an "accidental cremation". I cannot imagine family wanting to be there for that process, but I guess that would be up to each family member. So, if that was done ahead of time, the employee would just apologize, and give the urn to the family.

That article says this about boyfriend: "One theory is that an ex-boyfriend who was supposedly obsessed with her took the body. He was one of the last people seen exiting the chapel. However, police used cadaver dogs to search the man’s car, home, and some property owned by his grandparents, and nothing was found."
Interesting
BBM:
I just thought about this but if he was seen he wasn't carrying anything , right! a body isn't an easy thing to just put under your coat and walk out .

First, I want to say how sorry I feel for her parents. To lose a child to a lifelong illness, to watch them struggle everyday and know they were going to die, and then to have someone destroy their peace of mind knowing that she would finally be able to rest... Whoever did this - you should be so ashamed of yourself. Whatever your selfish reasons for doing something like this may be, they don't outweigh the pain you've caused her family.
I don't know what kind of security cameras the funeral chapel may have had, what kind of neighborhood it was in or what size it was, but I would think it would not be that unbelievably difficult to steal a body. With the right timing and vehicle it could be done - they didn't steal the whole casket after all. There are numerous storage facilities that have electricity, 24/7 access and climate control as someone mentioned earlier in this thread. I would check bank records of any good suspects for rent on a storage facility. Maybe check the electricity usage at the home to see if it's consistently higher than a norm or spiked after the funeral. That person would want to keep her close. A person that buried her would think that they were doing the right thing for her, that only they truly "understood" what she wanted. They would still put her somewhere safe - maybe where they could check on her.
If the funeral home just straight up made a mistake, then it is unforgivable that they have let the family grieve this long without admitting it. An honest mistake admitted right away may have made the family angry, but that is so much better than this not knowing. With the amount of construction continuously going on around San Antonio and all the growth, it seems that if she were buried, something would have turned up by now, nearly two years later. If she was still in the area.

Bodies can stay hidden. Bury her in Hill Country and let the bluebonnets bloom above her for forever.

It was Julie's wish to be cremated, so I don't understand some of the thoughts of an "accidental cremation". I cannot imagine family wanting to be there for that process, but I guess that would be up to each family member. So, if that was done ahead of time, the employee would just apologize, and give the urn to the family.

Your thoughts definitely make more sense than my guess of accidental cremation.

Anyone know the status of the lawsuit? (Must be much more awful for everyone since the owner was a friend of the Motts)

http://www.expressnews.com/news/loc...eral-Homes-and-Cemeteries-sued-by-6772271.php

That's crazy that he kept going back to the funeral home after the time when Julie's body was taken. Was he looking for another body or what? Geesh

Hopefully he will give up the location of Julie's remains what a horrendous sick thing he did.
So far, he's only being charged with criminal trespassing.
According to a criminal complaint obtained by the KSAT 12 Defenders, Wilburn was seen on surveillance video entering Mission Park North on June 26 and June 29 despite being issued a criminal trespass notice weeks after Mott's body disappeared.

[...]

A Mission Park representative said Tuesday that the company installed surveillance cameras after Wilburn was issued a criminal trespass warning in September 2015.
snipped

http://www.ksat.com/news/defenders/...iend-arrested-on-criminal-trespassing-charges

It is strange he keeps returning to the funeral home. Is he now trying to figure out a surreptitious way of returning JM's body without admitting guilt to stealing it, assuming he is responsible for her body's disappearance?

A Mission Park representative said Tuesday that the company installed surveillance cameras after Wilburn was issued a criminal trespass warning in September 2015. Video captured by the cameras was later provided to investigators.

Salame said the criminal trespassing charges came after Wilburn repeatedly harassed employees of the funeral home.

"Whatever your beliefs are, however you feel about death and the afterlife, everybody deserves the opportunity to put their family to rest the way they choose to," Salame said.

http://www.ksat.com/news/defenders/...iend-arrested-on-criminal-trespassing-charges

BBM. It sounds as if he is opposed to cremation?

Is there anymore info about the person who was obsessed with her? I assume he'd be a POI and hopefully had already been checked out. But there are some truly sick people out there. I knew someone in my past that would have done this...so it's all too real in my mind that it could happen to someone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there anymore info about the person who was obsessed with her? I assume he'd be a POI and hopefully had already been checked out. But there are some truly sick people out there. I knew someone in my past that would have done this...so it's all too real in my mind that it could happen to someone else.

I know he posted frequently on a site...I can't remember the name of it....something like MySpace but for deceased people? I stumbled upon it through Reddit and read almost all of it. I'm really not sure he did it.

I know he posted frequently on a site...I can't remember the name of it....something like MySpace but for deceased people? I stumbled upon it through Reddit and read almost all of it. I'm really not sure he did it.

I think the site you're thinking of is mydeathspace

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper