TX - Botham Shem Jean, 26, killed when police officer entered his apartment, Dallas, Sept 2018 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some posters seem to have it dead set in their mind that she went to his apartment aiming to kill. I don’t think she did. And that stand your ground doesn’t apply here because she wasn’t in her apartment. IN HER MIND WHEN SHE PULLED THAT TRIGGER, she’s was in her apartment. Even if she wasn’t.. to HER, she was.
again should have backed out and called for backup like she supposedly is trained to do , had she done that she would have realized where she was.

I couldn't agree more!! This is why I suggest the very aggressive police academy training which churns out officers ready and seemingly eager to kill, suited her well and she really wanted to be a hero in taking her first trophy kill.

Think of the headlines she would have basked in had she been correct, especially if her failing to call for back up because she determined the situation was so very imminent, would have served to have her appear like a fearlessly brave and wise lil' superhero.

Was that part of what was in her mind?

Daniel Hambrick shooting: Video released; Briley calls for review of police

Link above shows young cop shooting running suspect in the back, yeah he had a gun but, I can't see anyone was in danger. Can you? It took many many days for this video to be released and this police department continues to resist using body cams despite funding for them long before having been made available to the police department in the state's capitol city.

Too many police officers demonstrate a patent lack of ability or desire to de-escalate a situation and in some cases, shooting an unarmed and even running 'subject' in the back.

A huge part of the problem is the training and our courts have held over and over again that a police officer's alleged fearful state of mind more often than not seems to trump common sense, reason and value for human life, when the question about wrongful death comes before them.

They are not trained to de-escalate or shoot to maim, they are taught to shoot to kill in order to make sure the subject injures nobody in the public or any officers.

Video shows Miami Beach police fatally shooting man - CNN

WATCH THIS ONE and ask yourself what exactly was going through the minds of those who fired.

Did this man, very likely mentally ill, have to die?

again should have backed out and called for backup like she supposedly is trained to do , had she done that she would have realized where she was.

Last edited:
Good morning! I’ve seen some recent discussion about AG’s Pinterest pins. As an avid pinner (lol), I wanted to point out something on how pinning works that I’ve not seen discussed. When you pin a pin, you’re also pinning the pin description that the original pin creator wrote. You do have the ability to edit that description, but I don’t think most people know or choose to do that — I’ve used Pinterest for 6 years and just recently realized I could do that! So while AG’s pins were disgusting in and of themselves, the poorly-written, crass descriptions may not have been written by her. I hope that makes sense. I’ve included screenshots of one of my pins to illustrate this.

I also want to state I DO NOT support or defend her actions one bit. I just thought I could add my Pinterest expertise to the discussion.

Attachments

• FE76E4A3-7E1D-4BCE-9259-2465982B1178.jpeg
    FE76E4A3-7E1D-4BCE-9259-2465982B1178.jpeg
    87.5 KB · Views: 49
  • 31B730F0-2750-4DC5-813C-F4DE7C400535.jpeg
    31B730F0-2750-4DC5-813C-F4DE7C400535.jpeg
    60.1 KB · Views: 45
  • 5FEE43CA-362F-496E-911D-9724529E0179.jpeg
    5FEE43CA-362F-496E-911D-9724529E0179.jpeg
    81.8 KB · Views: 39
Assuming what has been shown to be hers is hers and overlooked during her campaign to erase social media, what reason do you suggest would be most likely for her "pinning" the items found?

Good morning! I’ve seen some recent discussion about AG’s Pinterest pins. As an avid pinner (lol), I wanted to point out something on how pinning works that I’ve not seen discussed. When you pin a pin, you’re also pinning the pin description that the original pin creator wrote. You do have the ability to edit that description, but I don’t think most people know or choose to do that — I’ve used Pinterest for 6 years and just recently realized I could do that! So while AG’s pins were disgusting in and of themselves, the poorly-written, crass descriptions may not have been written by her. I hope that makes sense. I’ve included screenshots of one of my pins to illustrate this.

I also want to state I DO NOT support or defend her actions one bit. I just thought I could add my Pinterest expertise to the discussion.

Last edited:
A fair point. But, advocating that an officer be fired based on what he or she might have posted is not good policy.

If other social media exists where the officer repeatedly presents herself pre-disposed to shoot people, or takes extremist left wing or right political positions that call into question inherent fairness, I think it should be used to support enhanced charges.

The fact that the officer say, does not support President Obama, does not like Trump, supports other officers killed in the line of duty, or criticizes / supports a social movement should not enter into the equation. Trying to put it into the equation may even backfire with a jury.
yes I get it, I'm referring to all the memes re: murdering people that get on your nerves , that was defiantly a theme of sorts , I'm not referring to to the political ones .

Interesting. In the below example would she have written the gun/shovel/gloves comment?

guygerpinterest7.jpg

Those are allegedly very typical of today's police officers' line of thinking with many finding nothing inappropriate about LEO public servants openly embracing such memes.

I find those types indicative of a mindset headed in the other direction of avoiding taking of lives.

"I wear black, don't mess with me since I'm already dressed for your funeral......" and then most likely didn't attend any services held for her victim. Hmmm

yes I get it, I'm referring to all the memes re: murdering people that get on your nerves , that was defiantly a theme of sorts , I'm not referring to to the political ones .

Last edited:

Thank you for that insight. I’m a serial pinner too. I more go through phases where I’m obsessed for months then don’t touch it and I rarely remember to edit my my re-pins. However it was clearly a LE member who originated it, if not her, which means we should all hope that copper doesn’t mix up our address for their own either. SMH + All IMO

Cop and EMT humor can be morbid. They spend their work time cleaning up everyone else's messes, day in, day out. They scrape brains off the pavements, deal with dead bodies, toddlers who have been beaten into comas - every day. They see things, touch things and smell things outsiders only glimpse at in the newspapers. They go home with blood, vomit, feces, on their clothes and shoes. They don't engage their feelings constantly pearl-clutching or enraged about things because it would be crippling. Overanalysis of AG's social media is just a manufactured tempest.

Cop and EMT humor can be morbid. They spend their work time cleaning up everyone else's messes, day in, day out. They scrape brains off the pavements, deal with dead bodies, toddlers who have been beaten into comas - every day. They see things, touch things and smell things outsiders only glimpse at in the newspapers. They go home with blood, vomit, feces, on their clothes and shoes. They don't engage their feelings constantly pearl-clutching or enraged about things because it would be crippling. Overanalysis of AG's social media is just a manufactured tempest.
Exceptional post although I do disagree with your last sentence. Her social media presence does give us some insight in to her mind. The majority of people I know in LE don't keep a public social media presence, for security reasons if nothing else. To me, this further reinforces her unsuitability.

I curious, for those who believe she was honest in her claims, what do you think should happen to her? Should she go to prison or not?

TIA

Yup. If they can put my 17 year old classmate in jail for manslaughter over killing his friend in a car accident (he wasn't speeding) and ruin his chances at his top schools, then surely, she should atleast get some time. I personally still can decide between manslaughter or murder but until I get that piece of evidence that make me go, oh she absolutely killed him with intent then I'll stick with the manslaughter charge simply because we all know exactly how hard it will be to take a murder case and win. Her defense is going to put out all these claims and are going to try to make it seem like she had every right to defend herself, if in her mind, she thought she was at home. Trust me, just writing that makes my blood boil.

Don't you think in light of the highly incredulous situation she created outrageously resulting in the tragic and senseless loss of a human life while she ignored all her training and protocol, and the fact she was unbelievably not arrested on the scene and allowed to go vaporize the rest of her social media; that what is left certainly can, should and will be scrutinzed with healthy doubt by the public?

Your analysis somewhat suggests cops and EMT's may be from a different species of mammal.

Perhaps that is true and helps explain why this wasn't forthwith treated as an actual murder, and still isn't being treated that way to this day.

If she is of a different species, that would mean mere humans among us could never comprise a jury of her reasonably doubtful peers.

She is the one that has to sell a jury to buy into she really temporarily lost her pea picking mind due to whatever contributing factors that many are having a hard time fathoming and accepting.

There is a strong argument to say anyone who staunchly insists she really believed she was at her apartment are biased in favor of cops, or cute enough blondes or something.

Overanalysis of AG's social media is just a manufactured tempest.

Last edited:
My humor about people and everyday things, say things we all do, like sex and not limited to just that subject, can be riotously outrageous and side-splittingly funny.

However, I don't publicly represent such while making my living as a government employed giglio rubbing my questionable humor in the faces of the people paying my way that may one day may have duty and right to analyze my mindset, and that I am duty bound to serve and protect equally without any appearance of fear or favor.

Cop and EMT humor can be morbid.

Some posters seem to have it dead set in their mind that she went to his apartment aiming to kill. I don’t think she did. And that stand your ground doesn’t apply here because she wasn’t in her apartment. IN HER MIND WHEN SHE PULLED THAT TRIGGER, she’s was in her apartment. Even if she wasn’t.. to HER, she was.

rbbm

In her mind with the magical thinking?

The REALITY of where she was and what she did is far, far more important than her perception (aka magical thinking) of where she was and what she was doing.

I do not believe she didn't know where she was. (And if she truly didn't know where she was, that is a whole 'nother can of worms for her as a law enforcement officer, and for DPD.)

And in at least one version of her story, she was not IN an apartment THAT WAS NOT HERS, she was in the hallway outside an apartment THAT WAS NOT HERS, in full uniform, banging on the door (as per witnesses) of an apartment THAT WAS NOT HERS.

Botham Shem Jean is a VICTIM, shot IN HIS OWN APARTMENT by an officer of the law whose training should have created a very different ending. There were many many points in her journey to the door of an apartment THAT WAS NOT HERS where she could have chosen a different path. And instead, she chose to shoot an innocent man IN HIS OWN APARTMENT.

there was a red doormat in front of his door, not in front of hers. she had a dog, he did not. the APT number is clearly marked with a neon sign to the left. the door automatically shuts and is too heavy to stay ajar, as has been proven by the video provided by the Daily Mail after talking to neighbors. she had also previously filed noise complaints. not sure where the doubt is, but there seems to be quite a few privileged posters here that are making excuses that really defy logic.

ETA* the key flashes red when in the incorrect door, also.

Video contradicts story of white Dallas cop who killed black neighbor | Daily Mail Online

I have quite a few pins myself, and they reflect my interests/values. If anyone reviewed my page, it would be a boring collection of cats, Whole30, and beadwork. I am not sure why I have 300 random followers.

I would never have pins that reflected that level of racism. And no, not all LEO are racist.

Couldn't agree more. I wonder about this (bbm).

Isn't the fourth floor garage on the same level as his 4th floor apartment?
It is .. This would have been the last floor in the apartment building itself, so she would have walked down to the 4th floor. Nothing makes sense at all.

I have quite a few pins myself, and they reflect my interests/values. If anyone reviewed my page, it would be a boring collection of cats, Whole30, and beadwork. I am not sure why I have 300 random followers.

I would never have pins that reflected that level of racism. And no, not all LEO are racist.
I 100 % agree with you I see the racism, some people don't see it he theme though, I see it shining brightly JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member