TX - Botham Shem Jean, 26, killed when police officer entered wrong apartment, Dallas, Sept 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Link to what you read?
Snip:
The Texas Rangers got a search warrant for Jean's apartment because after interviewing Guyger, they believed that "a possibility exists that Subject Jean was expecting an unknown visitor" and that a cellphone or laptop may show evidence of that, according to an affidavit.

A return for the warrant shows the Rangers collected an iPhone from the living room. They didn't take Jean's laptop, which they noted was damaged. End Snip.

Victim's family disputes official account of the moments before Amber Guyger shot Botham Jean | Dallas Police | Dallas News

I was skeptical of the quick response by attorneys for a quick cash settlement.

But the more I see and hear about this situation, the more I understand the role that these attorneys play. They need to be here, to force accountability, because it is obvious that the police department is protecting their own. There is no actual "prosecution", because the city attorney is part of the very system that is defending the killer.

I have never seen a case this clear cut...this man was not a criminal, or doing anything wrong. He was in his home! I don't understand why the police have supported this killer.

This^^^^^^^
I wish I could give this comment a million likes.

That is inappropriate and you have no basis for saying this. This family has yet to bury their loved one. They are fighting for justice in his murder. To even imply this is grotesque.

And it is wrong to derail conversations and discussions ofjustice for this victim to imply that his family is money hungry.

New profile as this forum took off. Seeding criticism and ill will towards the family looking for justice. Trying to sway opinion away from the home invader to how Botham can be the cause of his own murder.... hmmm

Snip:
The Texas Rangers got a search warrant for Jean's apartment because after interviewing Guyger, they believed that "a possibility exists that Subject Jean was expecting an unknown visitor" and that a cellphone or laptop may show evidence of that, according to an affidavit.

A return for the warrant shows the Rangers collected an iPhone from the living room. They didn't take Jean's laptop, which they noted was damaged. End Snip.

Victim's family disputes official account of the moments before Amber Guyger shot Botham Jean | Dallas Police | Dallas News
expecting a visitor with all the lights off?

How to "Ignore" someone on a thread. Click on their name, and click on the "Ignore" button that comes up on their profile.
thats a bandaid. They can still be trying to slander the victim with out you personally seeing which is a disservice to the justice system and the real victim

If someone is victim blaming, report them too!

Do you know any professionals who do not work for money?

These Lawyers have a rep for getting the public fired up and collecting damages from the City. The Citizens of Dallas need to pay because they armed a 5' 3'' 115 female. Why was she on the Police Force?

This is the money phrase " ID’ing all responsible for enabling this incident."
I do not read that as a money phrase. There are many in this country who feel that justice is often not served when it comes to the investigative (police, in particular) side of the justice. It has happened over time on both sides for families, including loved ones convicted of crimes as police have pushed an investigation toward a suspect, crimes not investigated based on police bias based on many factors, and protection of the brotherhood/sisterhood above true justice.

In the past, settlements have been the only thing that many families have been able to obtain based on the biases they experienced. The idea that not ever touching your loved one again, the loved one not hitting milestones (marriage, children), predeceasing you as a parent would be offset by a check is just wrong. Ask those of us on this site who have had this experience. I guarantee that not one would say that money makes it better, palatable, or gives you a sense of peace.

These Lawyers have a rep for getting the public fired up and collecting damages from the City. The Citizens of Dallas need to pay because they armed a 5' 3'' 115 female. Why was she on the Police Force?

Why shouldn't a female be on the police force? I think it's pretty obvious that THIS particular female shouldn't have been, but not because she was a woman. Being a petite female shouldn't matter.

expecting a visitor with all the lights off?
I couldn't remember if that was what they were looking for or if they were trying to establish a relationship between Botham and AG. I suppose they were trying to find a way to articulate why the door may have been open. And I'm very skeptical that the door was left open. I live in a small town just south of Ft Worth and lock my door even during the day. And as a former police officer, I have to say nothing that has been released about the shooting sounds plausible.

You can flip through the pages of the warrant here, but I’ve yet to find a return on the warrant.
Case against officer who killed neighbor to go to grand jury

Thank you for posting that. I had not had a chance to read it. I read it very, very quickly. In order for the government to put in in prison they have to say what you did wrong.

To convict a defendant of manslaughter, prosecutors must be able to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the defendant recklessly caused the death of another individual.

Reckless Conduct

There is no requirement of premeditation to this crime and no requirement for there to be intent or knowledge on the part of the defendant. The only requirement is that the defendant's conduct was reckless.

Odd they never used the word "reckless"

I couldn't remember if that was what they were looking for or if they were trying to establish a relationship between Botham and AG. I suppose they were trying to find a way to articulate why the door may have been open. And I'm very skeptical that the door was left open. I live in a small town just south of Ft Worth and lock my door even during the day. And as a former police officer, I have to say nothing that has been released about the shooting sounds plausible.

If you really are a former Police Office I am curious what you think

And the police have a rep for shooting unarmed individuals.

No worries, I posted a application for the Dallas PD. You are welcome to Join and bring about real change. The Police have a terrible job, that I would never take on. I do not share your view of Police Officers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member