TX - Botham Shem Jean, 26, killed when police officer entered wrong apartment, Dallas, Sept 2018 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Either he was in the middle of eating soup in the dark or the lights weren’t off as she had stated. His being a neat person who likes routines as his family had described leads me to believe he probs doesn’t make a random bowl of soup, not eat it and leave it out on the furniture. That was my point, his apartment was disheveled bc of the search I assumed. I just think the dark + soup + underwear + “damaged” laptop tell a different story than she’d like us all to believe. IMO
Forgive me I cannot find the link, but didn’t a female tenant state that she saw Botham’s lights on prior to hearing the gunshots?

"Consensual search on the Killer's apartment, HOURS LATER". Imagine that.

And it looks like they are working hard at proving her story.

"Okay, here is the story, now find the evidence that proves it".

For some reason, that doesn't pass the smell test to me.

I still think that he heard her fumbling with the lock, looked out and saw a cop, and opened the door.

She may have thought that the door just opened (wasn't closed all the way).

However , even if she thought he was an intruder in her own apartment, from there on she acted recklessly and carelessly. Even if he came toward her or failed to obey commands, he was in this own apartment and probably really confused about what was going on. Maybe he was even trying to calm her down.

Still all that being said I don't believe she intentionally went to this mans apartment and killed him.
I respectfully disagree. I believe she went there to tell him not to make any more noise, and lost her temper, shot him, and he died as a result of her reckless action.

Either he was in the middle of eating soup in the dark or the lights weren’t off as she had stated. His being a neat person who likes routines as his family had described leads me to believe he probs doesn’t make a random bowl of soup, not eat it and leave it out on the furniture. That was my point, his apartment was disheveled bc of the search I assumed. I just think the dark + soup + underwear + “damaged” laptop tell a different story than she’d like us all to believe. IMO
I don’t remember the date the video was made and by whom? Is it electronic evidence? Surely not. I can’t imagine LE or the DA authorizing the release of a video or photos potentially evidential in a court of law.

Forgive me I cannot find the link, but didn’t a female tenant state that she saw Botham’s lights on prior to hearing the gunshots?
I’m pretty sure it was either the neighbor who’s name starts with an A who was posting her account of the events on her Twitter or one of the two sisters who overheard Bothem’s alledged final words. I definately remember that being said.

I don’t remember the date the video was made and by whom? Is it electronic evidence? Surely not. I can’t imagine LE or the DA authorizing the release of a video or photos potentially evidential in a court of law.
I’m almost positive the interior photos were taken and released by Bo’s family lawyer. I think he said he wanted to see and document the scene in person.

Additional idems recovered from both apartments.

I don't see her electronic devices which should have been taken on the scene.

I want to see all vaporized social media and her text message conversations etc.

I'm pretty sure she vaporized plenty of supremist hatred tidbits like some of the highly questionable garbage on her Pinterest. Very inappropriate for a servant of the people making her living off the people's taxes and suffering.

I still find it insane that people can possibly defend her at all.

Fact.
She shot a man dead after breaking into his own home.

What more is needed? Where else anywhere in the world or in any situation can someone come into your home and shoot you and you're to blame?

Many peoples PARENT or close family will always defend them.

I would like to know if they ever searched the Killer's apartment.
Did they confiscate every single weapon she owns?
Did they look for narcotics or other drug paraphernalia in the Killer's apartment?

And still, what caliber of weapon did she use? Why hasn't that information been made public?
Well what if she cleared of any of that in her apartment prior to going to Botham’s apartment?
Knowing that her apartment could be searched? The “elite force” that she ended up on obviously knows what takes place in events Officer related shootings entails. Well even ones not on that force know procedures.
I find it hard to believe that Botham had marijuana even though I do not know him, there are way too many contradictions in this case.
A killer was alone in the apartment, the killer left the apartment to use her cellphone to talk to who knows who. The killer left the apartment unsecured while on that phone call. The evidence of that is her trotting up and down the hallway prior to police and rescue arriving.
I am relieved to know that the door evidence and elevator evidence is being reviewed.
She either propped open the door or had a key to get back in.

My opinion only

Interesting, Twitter is showing the beginnings of another demonstration tonight. But the rain is interrupting the march. I think this weekend will be interesting to watch.

And since when is the ACLU and NRA on the same side? Both agree that this should have never happened. Of course, the NRA slant is that of Botham had a gun...right, he would be in jail right now...

Where did this quote come from? That is pathetic and disgusting for someone to post.

Thank you for your post, they did take photos after the search.

This was part of my post, but there was nothing ugly or pathetic about it. Killer Cop said it was dark, his family said he’s a man of routine and tidy. My post was saying that either he was eating soup in the dark in his skivvies which in and of itself seems strange or he had just made soup, not eaten it and left it out and went to bed? The other option is that it wasn’t dark at all and he was tucking in to dinner as she arrived at the door. His family asserts that it would be totally out of character for his place to be a mess. My post was merely saying that the police probably tossed things around, hence the messy state of the apartment but the soup implies her account of events just doesn’t make any sense.
Sorry, I didn’t meant to cause a ruckus and I certainly never meant anything but respect and love toward mister Bo.

Botham Shem Jean analyzed risk for a living at a global auditing firm. For someone in his line of work, the evening was shaping up to be as risk-free as it gets: Alone, in his one-bedroom apartment one block from the Dallas Police Department headquarters.

Fresh from work, he had texted his sister his evening plans: Watching a football game on TV, the Eagles versus the Falcons. He texted a friend, apologizing for not going out with her the weekend before. Mr. Jean, 26, was from the island-nation of St. Lucia. He had a big smile, and was a big eater, winning a meat-lovers’ contest at Big Chef Steak House back in the Caribbean. He still had his ticket for a free meal on his next visit, his prize after eating a two-pound steak in one sitting.

Unit 1478 on the fourth floor of the South Side Flats apartment complex was an 800-square-foot bachelor pad: dishes piled up in the sink, with pancake syrup, dish soap and other belongings adding to the clutter on the kitchen island. It was the evening of September 6. His 27th birthday was three weeks away.

In a matter of hours, Mr. Jean would be dead. A white off-duty police officer who lived in Unit 1378 — directly below Mr. Jean — claimed that she mistakenly entered the wrong apartment after returning home from her 14-hour shift and believed Mr. Jean, who is black, was an intruder. Officer Amber R. Guyger, 30, fired her service weapon twice, striking him once in the torso.
A Dallas Police Officer Shot Her Neighbor, and a City is Full of Questions

This was part of my post, but there was nothing ugly or pathetic about it. Killer Cop said it was dark, his family said he’s a man of routine and tidy. My post was saying that either he was eating soup in the dark in his skivvies which in and of itself seems strange or he had just made soup, not eaten it and left it out and went to bed? The other option is that it wasn’t dark at all and he was tucking in to dinner as she arrived at the door. His family asserts that it would be totally out of character for his place to be a mess. My post was merely saying that the police probably tossed things around, hence the messy state of the apartment but the soup implies her account of events just doesn’t make any sense.
Sorry, I didn’t meant to cause a ruckus and I certainly never meant anything but respect and love toward mister Bo.

I was not trying to throw you under the bus about anything. I didn't understand that you too thought the video was after the search, hence my post.

Right. The police had "tossed" his apartment, that's why the clothes, possessions, etc. were lying around and everything was a mess.
Right? And maybe he planned on tidying up before he called it a night- but didn’t have time because this lunatic with a badge murdered him before he could. (Yes, that was a long run on sentence)

That’s my usual bedtime routine anyway...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3