TX - Botham Shem Jean, 26, killed when police officer entered wrong apartment, Dallas, Sept 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would hope not; IMO, that kind of anger after one month would indicate such a short fuse. I would question someone’s ability to serve and protect the citizens of Dallas after displaying such character.
In terms of the validity of her claim to checking the door number, to me her narrative(s) is speculative.
I pray that forensics leaves no room for speculation, that Botham’s family gets justice and AG serves maximum time as a result of her actions.
Well, if we go with her story, that after parking on the wrong floor, she went to the wrong apartment (not observing details such as red welcome mat and door numbers), and shot at a silhouette of a person inside, wouldn't that also question her ability to serve and protect?

The only explanation which makes any sense is the one AG provided
I believe her basic explanation that she went to the wrong apt., saw a silhouette, and shot and killed him without any hesitation.

But I think that makes her guilty of murder.

I don't believe the add ons like she told him to "Show me your hands". She couldn't even see him, according to her---just a silhouette, so how would she have been able to see his hands.

"Nobody" in a city of a coupla million leaves their door ajar at night??

I won't speak for the whole city, I'll just speak for me. I have lived here 34 years and I have never met anyone that leaves their door unlocked. (Not in the past 15 or so.) Especially, not in an apartment. I have never even considered it. I mean...it's honestly a crazy thing to do around here. I've never lived in an apartment where the door could be kept ajar, so I don't know.

Last edited:
"Nobody" in a city of a coupla million leaves their door ajar at night??

Jim likes to play.

You’re right Jim. There is always a miniature chance that perhaps he did leave his door ajar. At 10pm. And what a coincidence that an officer walked into that apartment because it was unlocked.

Hey. Who knows.

“He says Dallas officers are advised to change out of their uniforms before they leave work because if they get involved in an incident in Dallas, they are presumed to be acting as an officer.

"If you are in uniform. If you are in the city and you are giving commands and you use your weapon, you should expect it will be treated as an officer involved shooting,” said Blankenbaker.

Officers are trained to use the least amount of force. “They should only use the amount of force necessary to bring someone into custody,” said Blankenbaker.”
Questions unanswered about the investigation of Botham Jean shooting

She supposedly shoots at an unknown figure in the dark.....

How did she know the electricity wasn't out and it was a repairman?

She is wearing a police uniform and is acting as a one-woman SWAT team without direction.

Utter lack of appropriate caution. Utter disregard for standard police procedure to defuse the situation and handle it without injury.

The account given by Dallas LE, apparently as given by AG, is not credible and I am very concerned about concealment of the truth and facts of this killing.

Snip:Cell phone video of Officer Guyger that night shows her pacing on the phone after the shooting. The video was taken by the women who did not go to police or Texas Rangers initially but took their story to Lee Merritt, an attorney for the Jean family.

“Said she heard pounding at the door, and she heard ‘Let me in.’ Shouted ‘Let me in’ at an elevated tone,” Merritt said. “She heard more pounding at the door. And then shortly thereafter, she heard gunshots.”

However, that is not the narrative of the evidentiary search warrant or Guyger’s own sworn statement to the Texas Rangers.

“It’s very unusual to have an officer in uniform and the shooting occur immediately after they are off duty. Very unusual,” said Russell Wilson, a former prosecutor who investigated police shootings.

“I think manslaughter is the correct charge,” Wilson said. “I think it is an appropriate charge based on the information obtained in the probable cause affidavit. Of course, if there’s more information later on, those charges could change or be adjusted.”

Attorney Geoff Henley is not involved in this case, but he has represented people in many excessive force cases including police shootings. He says there is no question in his mind that Guyger was reckless in her actions.

“Manslaughter is recklessly causing the death of another,” Henley said. “It was a series of things that this woman did that was absolutely errors that built upon themselves and escalated to a horrific and tragic end.”

The district attorney’s office has no timetable for taking the case to the grand jury, but the sit-down interview with the two women could come this week.

Guyger’s lead attorney tells FOX 4 he is trying to assemble a team to represent her and is not yet ready to make any public statements. End Snip.

New witnesses contradict Dallas officer's story in Botham Jean shooting - St. Lucia Times News

<...snip length...>
ETA: Does anyone know how tall AG is? Weight?
Amber Guyger: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

The extended booking information says 5'3" and 130 pounds.

At that same link there are several undated photos of AG. Scrolling down to one where she is wearing a brown, long sleeved top, she looks thin, petite and small-framed. IMO she has put on a lot of bulky muscle since that photo.

Has she been taking steroids? Roid rage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member