TX - Botham Shem Jean, 26, killed when police officer entered wrong apartment, Dallas, Sept 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is interesting. A man who killed an officer with his car while driving intoxicated was given a bond of ~75K. When the prosecutor wanted to increase the bond, they were denied based on state set bonds. However they did set terms on the bond. Judge Denies Bond Increase for Suspect in Officer's Death

I guess we won't know the terms this officer yet. I wonder what the mandatory maximum is and how they came to the 300K.

That is what we've heard reported the entire time. She lived on the third floor and he lived on the fourth.

Well if she was yelling his name or something that would show that.

This was after EMTs had taken him out I believe. I hope. I don't believe she gave him first aid but I don't want to believe she was already on the phone.

9:55 I believe. We just don't know what time she got off work though so that doesn't help us. Especially since she worked late.

Me neither. I would absolutely be applying pressure, yelling for neighbors to help and doing CPR.

7:30pm. So she was arrested like immediately after the press conference. So it was likely already in the works when they met with the D.A.

I was expecting that, but it still pisses me off. I guess she isn't worried about her safety from the public.

I'm sure she's spent the last 72 hours preparing for this. They knew charges were coming so they likely prepared to have bond money ready when they did.

You can use a house, yes. That has to cover the full $300k. If you pay the 10% you don't get it back. Which really sucks. That's $30k they just lost when they will also have to hire an attorney which will likely be at least double that. Man she must have some wealthy family members.
Many thanks for putting that together. We’re gonna need a timeline set up at some point. Look how fast this thread has/is moving.

Statement of Mayor Mike Rawlings, Mayor of Dallas
I want to thank the Texas Rangers for thoroughly investigating this tragic case from the moment the Dallas Police Department requested that they take over on Friday morning. I am grateful to Dallas Police Chief Renee Hall for her leadership and foresight in calling for the Rangers to handle the investigation to ensure there was no appearance of bias. I also greatly appreciate that our citizens and community leaders were so respectful of the investigative process over these past few days.

Please continue to pray for the family of Botham Jean tonight and in the weeks and months ahead.

Kaufman county is an adjacent county. She may have been visiting family, or staying with friends.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/heavy.com/news/2018/09/amber-guyger-arrested-arrest-mugshot/amp/

Mug shot of AG. She doesn't look too good. I wonder if she is a drinker.
My initial thought was the look of an emotionally upset woman who had been crying for an extensive period. The bags under her eyes would indicate so. If alcohol is a factor, it would intensify the added dehydration from tears. She looks distraught. I’m suspecting alcohol will factor in here; more than not. I’m gonna add to the mix - a lack of sleep with the darkness around her eyes.

Last edited:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/heavy.com/news/2018/09/amber-guyger-arrested-arrest-mugshot/amp/

Mug shot of AG. She doesn't look too good. I wonder if she is a drinker.
I would imagine she has been pretty sleepless since this event as it was pretty clear that this was going to be a problem. I don't know if she is a drinker but she clearly is not looking too good at this point.

I wonder if a deal was struck to have her turn herself in at Kaufman because that was a jurisdiction that could bond her out tonight.

My initial thought was the look of an emotionally upset woman who had been crying for an extensive period. The bags under her eyes would indicate so. If alcohol is a factor, it would intensify the added dehydration from tears. She looks distraught.

Yes. I felt a twinge of sympathy for her when I saw the mugshot. It's an odd background for a mugshot. Is that typical of the county?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme