TX - Botham Shem Jean, 26, killed when police officer entered wrong apartment, Dallas, Sept 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
People in the apartment complex say that you can't leave the doors ajar. They automatically close. Has the media covered that yet? I know I've seen it somewhere but I don't remember if I've seen someone deliberately TRY to leave it ajar.

Like hotel room doors close on their own too. However, if you hold onto it until it almost closes you can sometimes keep it from shutting. Or use the bar lock at the top to keep it ajar. Do these doors have that?

Here's a link to a neighbor showing that the doors can't just be left afar.

Shaun King on Twitter

As the parent of a 20-something professional singer who still lives with us, I will tell you that singing that is audible through walls, doors, the garage, the closed car, from the driveway, day in and day out can DRIVE YOU CRAZY no matter how much you love the person and how wonderful the voice. If there were noise complaints I can almost guarantee you it was the singing. That sure makes it look a lot more like premeditation though.
Strange though that at least one neighbor described him as quiet.

I am outraged at the idea of DPD getting a PR firm.
I am outraged that this woman is trying to make it seem like he was wrong for not listening to her commands.

I can't say that he made too much noise. But, quite frankly, when I would pull 15 hour days (not including time to wake before work, getting to work, getting home from work, and going to bed) I was a bear--mean and grizzly-like. Exhaustion, sleep deprivation and too much responsibility can make you exercise poor judgment. She had to be stellar at work so she probably was a nightmare to live over. No excuses for murdering someone in cold blood. No excuse for lying.

I can see where this is going and I am appalled.

That's EXACTLY what I'm thinking. She got home... he was making noise...and she turned right around and went upstairs.

It think her legal team would dispute this by saying she parked on his floor, so that's evidence that she was in the wrong place.

I personally agree that there is more to this and I could see it being totally plausible.

It think her legal team would dispute this by saying she parked on his floor, so that's evidence that she was in the wrong place.

I personally agree that there is more to this and I could see it being totally plausible.

My Dad doesn't park on the same floor as his girlfriend's apartment is on when he gets there at 10pm. The lower floors are already packed so he parks on a higher floor. Just a thought.

Here's a link to a neighbor showing that the doors can't just be left afar.

Shaun King on Twitter

Now what I want someone to do... is just push it open a TINY bit. Can it be left ajar that way?
Obviously if it swings shut it can't. If you just push it in half an inch to unlatch it, can you leave it ajar?
Also, does it have a bar up at the top inside the door that flips over as another lock like hotels?

I also want to know if someone took a picture of each floor. From the end of the hallway. To show different decor, mats, wreaths on doors, etc.

Does anyone know if the door locks at those apartments record when they are unlocked? I’m wondering if there’s a way to tell the last time her door was unlocked.

Also wondering the same about him, would it show if his was left ajar?

I more meant for her safety. She’s openly sharing her apt # and the one thing Americans love more than free speech and guns are cops. She’s 100% brave and bold and on the side of reightiousness IMO but that just so happens to be against the blue and that’s a dangerous predicament for a young woman in Texas.

This did occur to me as well. I'm glad she's speaking out though. There is also the concern that the defense will have access to ALL of her statements to go over word for word and be prepared for. That's generally the concern with having witnesses talking before trial.

I wonder if he was singing loudly and that is why banged on the door and yelled.

That would only work if she went home first...

Nope. The dog would have known where the right apartment was.

Very true.

Would really like to know what time the noise complaints were made???

Me too. Was it before she left for work? Was it from the apartment or from a cell phone or in person?

But when it came to describing the Dallas police officer’s years in the neighborhood, Anderson said the police presence of the past week now made sense.

“In the past couple of days, I’ve more police cars on this street. One parked in front of my house, and one last night had a search light going in all directions. And for this to happen, it’s a tragedy at every side. Everybody gets hurt,” he said. End Snip:

Neighbors From Amber Guyger's Childhood React To Deadly Shooting Of Innocent Man

Tell me this doesn't mean what I think it means. They are not providing her with protection are they?!
They would not provide any other person with police protection. If she wants protection she can stay in a cell by herself!

Difficult to imagine, but maybe she crated her dog while she was gone. I hate that!!!

Then the smell of poop would definitely exist, because the dog would have had to go in it's crate.

Question: If she was acting in some capacity of a security guard. Would she have a pass key card to all apartments?

I live in Dallas county. The ONLY people allowed to enter our apartments are management and maintenance staff. (Or the necessary companies for sprinkler and fire inspections, etc.) They have to give proper notice in doing so. We have a safety/security officer who is an off duty officer. They are not allowed to enter apartments unless specifically called by the apartment and asked to. They do not have access keys. If there is an after hours noise complaint, they tell us to call the non emergency police number and the police will address it. Unless the noise is coming from outside the apartment and they will address that. (Like a pool party, gathering outside...that sort of thing.) I don't know if every apartment security handles after hours noise calls this way. I do know that in our paperwork, it specifies that only office staff have access to the apartments and that security does not.

I would guess there should be a window in this living room, and probably on the side behind the photographer.

So if there was ample street light outside that window, it might be possible to see a silhouette in front of it.

Exactly, if a person's silhouette was visible, so should silhouettes of furniture, indoor lights, decorations etc.

The affidavit seems to paint a picture of the victim as if he was setting a trap for her in the dark. Unbelievable. Then there was suggestion that he might be waiting for someone to arrive. That's why LE has taken his iPhone for examination. Looks like they are working very hard to find those mitigating factors, and they are not defence attorneys!

there have been moments when I wondered if there was a relationship that went sour and the door was actually left open for her

but then she had to back off that when she murdered him

?????????

I more meant for her safety. She’s openly sharing her apt # and the one thing Americans love more than free speech and guns are cops. She’s 100% brave and bold and on the side of reightiousness IMO but that just so happens to be against the blue and that’s a dangerous predicament for a young woman in Texas.
I find that a very sad state of affairs for somewhere in a modern free country.

I am outraged at the idea of DPD getting a PR firm.
I am outraged that this woman is trying to make it seem like he was wrong for not listening to her commands.

I can't say that he made too much noise. But, quite frankly, when I would pull 15 hour days (not including time to wake before work, getting to work, getting home from work, and going to bed) I was a bear--mean and grizzly-like. Exhaustion, sleep deprivation and too much responsibility can make you exercise poor judgment. She had to be stellar at work so she probably was a nightmare to live over. No excuses for murdering someone in cold blood. No excuse for lying.

I can see where this is going and I am appalled.

Oh, no ! I was actually thinking this might be enough to upgrade to murder, but do you think they might try to prove this was somehow justified?? Omg. I can't...

I’ll be interested in the autopsy to see if there is girls on his torso. Cuz there should be if he opened the door and was shot at close range. If she shot him across the room, the lack of it would back up her story to some degree. I’m still having trouble getting past the red doormat.

me too

and the video i saw it was well lit

even the standing on a matt would feel different

we have to be talking about impaired

but she def walked like she was fine on the balcony (

there have been moments when I wondered if there was a relationship that went sour and the door was actually left open for her

but then she had to back off that when she murdered him

?????????

I really don't think so. I don't have a link or anything (there are plenty saying they didn't), but I just don't think this is true. I think the closest to a relationship is her being angry about his noise.

From the Dallas Observer:

Jean's neighbor, a man who requested to be identified by his initials J.B., knew Jean well enough to say hello to the 26-year-old Harding University graduate. J.B. heard the shots as he was heading to his apartment.

“I stay on the fourth floor, directly across from what happened. I was walking back into the building … [as] soon as I put my key fob in through this door thing right here, walking down the hallway, that's when I heard the shots.”

After the shots, J.B. says things became quiet.

“I heard the shots, and then after that I went to my door and I didn't hear nothing else. So for me to hear the shots and then nothing else … it's like, 'What the hell was she in there doing?'

There wasn't any panic or nothing like 'I had killed the wrong guy' or 'I'm in the wrong spot.' Like, 'I just did it.'”

J.B. says he didn't know a police officer lived in his building.

No way. I will lose my mind.

jmo

but it fits basic personality (generally generally only speculating) of a cop to get really pissed if a neighbor has the b to call in a noise complaint

trust me there were occasions where I wanted to call the cop below me in -- yelling doors slamming etc no way there was one front door slam that sounded and felt like thunder clap and shook the windows (sun was out guys!)

he was explosive and had anger issues -- i was scared of him and did not even like passing him on the sidewalk

he flat out gave me the creeps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member