TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not everyone is on a computer for social networking purposes. My sister is only 33 and has never seen FB and I rarely log into mine except for my recipe exchange!

Sadly, they ARE extremely active on FB. JMO

I am still not clear about the 911 calls. Were deputies responding to Brandon's call or the trucker? Is it a fact that Brandon made 2 911 calls? Has LE spoken with the truck driver to inquire as to what the trucker saw? I assume they record all 911 calls since they had Brandon 's so they would be able to track the trucker to speak with him.

I too am confused. Maybe RW can settle this as too many discrepancies.

B made 1 call to 911. LE did speak with the truck driver after the fact, according to LL on the blogtalk interview. She said she had not spoken to this person.

I'm reading that verified by LE to public means a press release from LE. The only press release issued in this case came from DPS (Texas Ranger) and angered many when San Angelo Live ran it. This press release used the word "fugitive".

A PR would be sent to all media outlets, not just one. SanAngeloLive did not quote the source properly and there is no record of the PR on the TxDPS site. Did you receive the same PR? If so, will you be reporting it with the appropriate quotes? Just trying to decipher what is accurate reporting and what is not? We, the public, read to many differences in the reporting of this case and it only confuses us and makes everyone suspect of having something to hide. I don't mean to sound disrespectful and do appreciate you taking the time here, and since you are here we are all going to weigh heavily on wanting accurate information because I, for one, do not know which site or news article is correct?

My impression ( MOO ) , is that the calls were dispatched as non-emergent and that BL's call was confusing I am sure for whoever was dispatching for 911. I agree, it would be great to know if there were two 911 calls an if they were from BL or one from the mystery trucker. We have no idea what is true and what isn't due to the constant misinformation . I totally understand LE not saying much, I am sure they have their own theories as well.

I am also curious if the bail bondsman is actively looking for BL. Considering what he has at stake, If the theory ( read my finger's THEORY that BL is in hiding ) then I would be willing to guess the bondsman could find him pretty quick. Just a theory and all MOO :cow::cow::cow:

:loveyou::loveyou::loveyou::loveyou::loveyou::loveyou:

IMO B is not an honest person. Why do I think this? An honest person does not run from the law. He knew he was arrested and he knew he had a warrant. He had done time prior to this and trust me, he knew the ropes. He also knew he was out on bail and most likely was not supposed to leave the county. Most likely he was still on parole/probation for his prior offenses and this could explain the DPS using the plural "warrants" in their press release. When one is on probation or parole they using have to check in with their officer regularly and it likely included mandatory drug testing and usually one can not leave the county. MOO

[modsnip]

IMO we have to be cautious and pick through what is said by any of the above to find some truth.

A PR would be sent to all media outlets, not just one. SanAngeloLive did not quote the source properly and there is no record of the PR on the TxDPS site. Did you receive the same PR? If so, will you be reporting it with the appropriate quotes? Just trying to decipher what is accurate reporting and what is not? We, the public, read to many differences in the reporting of this case and it only confuses us and makes everyone suspect of having something to hide. I don't mean to sound disrespectful and do appreciate you taking the time here, and since you are here we are all going to weigh heavily on wanting accurate information because I, for one, do not know which site or news article is correct?

They did report it as coming from a DPS Press release and it is in quotations. The reporter further clarified down in the comments that the press release was sent via email.

Do you think , in your opinion that with them saying fugitive, that they truly think he is? TIA :)

I don't think they have him labeled as a fugitive. Their site has him as "involuntary missing." I looked through other missing persons on the site and they could have used other words to describe his missing "tag line" but chose involuntary. That says to me he is not on the run. (Some have missing due to "other" instead of "involuntary" and I would think if they felt he was a fugitive he would be listed as "other" and he would be on their fugitive hunt list.)

This MSM has and interesting line in it:

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-1069601

The police and Kyle showed up at the same time in Bronte to where Brandon's truck was located about 4 ½ miles N of Bronte, ¼ of a block from a rest stop, but Brandon was not there. They called again and he said he was "10 minutes up the road."

My question is, so did K call BL while the Deputy was standing there and BL said he was 10 mins up the road?

This article explains that the 911 call dispatched was due to the parked car haphazard on the road and not due to Brandon's call for help nor to Brandon's "I ran out of gas' call, whichever way one wants to look at it. The Sheriff agrees the call was made due to the trucker.

RW can you clarify the above? http://sanangelolive.com/news/2013-09-24/missing-dead-or-run-where-brandon-lawson
At 12:58 the Coke County Sherriff’s office received a call that a vehicle was parked haphazard on the side of the road out on highway 277, thus posing a risk to oncoming traffic.

Deputies responded to the call and arrived on the scene where Lawson’s truck stood abandoned. At the same time, Kyle Lawson, Brandon’s brother, appeared with a gas can and filled his brother’s truck.

(This is incorrect as I read the gas can was empty?)

According to Lori Norris, Brandon Lawson and Ladessa Lofton’s neighbor, the Sherriff’s Deputies asked Kyle Lawson if he was the one who had made the call, and Kyle stated that the vehicle was his brother’s and that he must have stepped away. Kyle Lawson would gas it up and his brother would return to retrieve it.

After this, the Deputies left the scene.

This part of the story has been confirmed by Coke County Sherriff Wayne McCutchen, Lawson’s girlfriend Ladessa Lofton, and Lori Norris. What happened thereafter, however is where the story gets murky.

When Deputies were on the scene, no mention was made concerning the potential whereabouts of Brandon Lawson. It wasn’t until two to three days later that Kyle Lawson came forward and admitted to the Sherriff that his girlfriend had been on the phone with Brandon while Kyle was talking to the Deputies, Sherriff McCutchen said.

(So who was on the phone with Brandon when the Deputy was at the scene? KL or A? Sheriff M says it was A so I am going to go with this as more factual as I felt it would have been hard to talk to a Deputy and be on the phone at the same time? This makes more sense.)

According to Norris, who has been assisting in the search for Lawson since his disappearance six weeks ago, “Kyle went down the road and waited for the Sherriff’s Deputies to leave, and went back and was calling out to Brandon.”

Lofton added that Kyle had driven up and down the highway looking for Brandon until 4:30 a.m., and claimed that a few of his co-workers had assisted in the search, however was unable to say whether or not anyone stepped out of the vehicle to search in the brush where Brandon had reported he was hiding.

(Were others with KL? Did he call others in to help look?)

The truck wasn't north of Bronte and it wasn't a 1/4 of a block from a rest stop. The list goes on.....

Where was the truck exactly and how far away was the "new ping" from the truck? Is 3 miles accurate? Wouldn't it be possible that BL could have made it away from the truck scene if he got into a vehicle with someone else and that is the "car" he fled from and was in the middle of the field somewhere else? Perhaps even beyond Bronte towards Abiline?

HFBL just posted a pic of the tower B's phone pinged off of. If his phone only pinged a single tower than I am leery about trusting it. From what I read, a single tower ping is not very accurate. She (assuming LL made the post) also talks about gps but in the context she used on the post I have no idea what she's saying. GPS is different than a cell phone ping. GPS comes from satellites and is very accurate. Tower pings are not so accurate and a single tower ping can only give a general location within a so many mile radius. I posted this info a few pages back. I don't even know if LL knows what she has from Verizon.

If BL was talking to KL and A, wouldn't their cell records give an indication of the towers used for incoming calls? We are focused on outgoing calls by BL and nothing has been mentioned if their call logs were tracked?

Here's what I think. IMO I believe BL got a ride in a car with people he "ran into" and they drove him away from the scene of his truck and towards the gas station. (Maybe he was afraid to wait in the truck with his warrant until KL arrived.) Perhaps an argument happened or they kept driving and BL jumped from their car and they pulled over. I think he ran and hid and knew to call his brother to let him know (as he knew he was coming with gas, or an empty gas can.) I do hear another voice on the 911 call, too. I played it for my sister and she hears it and so did my hubby. I believe BL was holding someone down (from the car) just as the MBL site by CC showed. I believe someone else came to help the person BL was holding down and BL was killed in the process. It could be an accident or on purpose, that I do not know, and it is not far fetching to believe drugs or drug acquaintances were involved. With all the gps and pings aside, I think searches done are no where near where he could be and if we go by the "10 minutes up the road" call, that is where a search could be done. JMHO

I watch "Disappeared" on dish channel 192, "Investigation Discovery" if that helps. I dont know for sure if they are reruns or not.

I keep hoping they will do more episodes, but they keep adding new shows that are just a rehash of the same murder cases. Boo! Put back Disappeared!! Though I did read somewhere they are going to be doing new episodes of Stolen Voices. That was a great show! You should watch the new season of Dark Minds. I was really ticked off at the information they were putting on that show. Boooo to reality drama shows! :scared: :)

[modsnip]

I spent 4 days reading after we returned from vacation and even if I read it all over again, there is no facts to support nearly all "evidence" in this case that we've discussed. Not even the location of the truck is clear? How does any headway happen when we are merely guessing because no clear facts exist? I don't even think LE knows what is true and what is not and whether BL is on the run or on the ground? The PI on the case, BP, tells a total different story than what LL has told. The media has various reports from site to site, the MBL site reports only what LL wants her to know, the HFBL site is too confusing, the JFBL site is too gossipy and we have PR releases made for only one media outlet and a 911 call in which everyone hears something different! :banghead::banghead:

Not everyone is on a computer for social networking purposes. My sister is only 33 and has never seen FB and I rarely log into mine except for my recipe exchange!

I agree not everyone is on FB but there ARE enough people on FB that if someone had helped search, it would be somewhere, a wife, a friend of a friend etc...just moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Warden2024