TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also on HFBL they say the media made him out to be a bad person. The media spoke the truth, if you have a warrant you are a fugitive. IMO that's not why they are not picking up the story. It's the running in circles, railroading, and the "I dont need to explain myself" answers that has made media look away. There are other stories out there that WANT and need help. Stories who will be truthful and families who really care what happened. Things need to change on the way the BL MP is handled. Stop railroading the investigation. Either join and tell the truth OR leave, let them do their job, I'm sure they will get farther than anyone else. Several of us have wrote things down and they have changed it. With that being said good luck finding him.? IMO you are looking in the wrong spot, I think he ran. He got tired of the nagging.? And IF he decided to go home, he doesn't know where home is because they so quickly up and moved and had their # changed.

Where is Brandon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even if the battery is completely dead?

Yes! There is a GPS in smart phones. So I agree with your earlier post, something seems off about this story. The one and only fact we know is Brandon is missing! If certain people aren't looking for him then I know a lot who would gladly step in and look

Also on HFBL they say the media made him out to be a bad person. The media spoke the truth, if you have a warrant you are a fugitive. IMO that's not why they are not picking up the story. It's the running in circles, railroading, and the "I dont need to explain myself" answers that has made media look away. There are other stories out there that WANT and need help. Stories who will be truthful and families who really care what happened. Things need to change on the way the BL MP is handled. Stop railroading the investigation. Either join and tell the truth OR leave, let them do their job, I'm sure they will get farther than anyone else. Several of us have wrote things down and they have changed it. With that being said good luck finding him.? IMO you are looking in the wrong spot, I think he ran. He got tired of the nagging.? And IF he decided to go home, he doesn't know where home is because they so quickly up and moved and had their # changed.

Where is Brandon

:goodpost:

Totally agree. Just because someone is a fugitive doesn't mean they are not worth looking for. The only ones who have said that people are looking at him badly comes from the HFBL site. No where else. But contrary to popular belief there, too solve the puzzle, mystery, and find Brandon, the truth has to be told so that it can be solved. He is person, no matter what he has done or his past, he deserves to be treated just like all other MP cases. So many people want to help find BL, but after a while getting treated like crap or the constant derailing, people give up and walk away and we will never be able to find him. :banghead:

And yes the media has been unreliable but who are they getting info from? Not SO cause they have no clue, so is it another thing made up? IMO

Just because law enforcement is not talking about the case publicly does not mean they don't have a clue. Not everything is meant to be public with an investigation.

Sadly, it is hard to not feel like something isn't quite right, when most of the activities surrounding finding Brandon are done by one person, on FB. I truly feel for the family members, but am really curious as to why more searches haven't been sanctioned, why all the drama whenever questions are asked. I am leaning more and more towards voluntarily disappearing, and it's mostly due to the antics.

I keep reading about drama when questions are asked and I don't see any of that on the HFBL site? Is there somewhere else that you're getting these feelings from?

No offense but I only feel bad for the kids. I feel like the family knows a lot more than what they are saying. If my "soulmate" was missing I would get my *advertiser censored* off Facebook and look. I think I'm speaking for a few that we are tired of the "poor me" pictures and song lyrics, the page is to HELP find BL and that is not being done! We want to see progress. Here is a thought, instead of staying on FB why not be on the phone asking LE or some one to help. Oh and PS, quit placing blame on the LE. If the truth was told in the beginning the outcome would have probably been different. Yes I'm frustrated with it all.

And MOO!

[modsnip] I also think it may be very therapeutic to post photos and songs and that does not mean that off times are not spent searching or talking with investigators. We are only the public and not one of us know what goes on behind the scenes. As my sister told me the family could get calls daily from the investigators about tips and that in itself would be high anxiety if the tips are not good but that does not mean it is going to be made public. I've lurked on quite a few cases here and others are truly sleuthing and not spending their days to post and mock grieving families. [modsnip]

No you can still track them thru the gps embedded on the phone. I used to work for major phone company.

Don't you think if his phone had the capability to be tracked that law enforcement would have done that at the get-go?

Where is Brandon

[modsnip] You are not a fugitive because you have a warrant. You are a fugitive when you run from a warrant. If it's proven that BL is hiding then your comment would apply, right now it does not. He was assigned involuntarily missing by TxDPS and not by whomever filled out a form as it was previously suggested. You can fill whatever you want on a form but what they title someone is what the Rangers determined, not the family. This was confirmed by my sister who as I explained earlier is in law enforcement. I'm more apt to listen to her explanation of how he was labeled by DPS as opposed to opinions stated here previously.
fu·gi·tive
[fyoo-ji-tiv] Show IPA
noun
a person who is fleeing, from prosecution, intolerable circumstances, etc.; a runaway: a fugitive from justice; a fugitive from a dictatorial regime.

Even if the battery is completely dead?

[modsnip] One needs to have the gps activated on their phone through apps in order f or the family to have checked on their computer and I am assuming he did not have that app. LE can do a gps check through a warrant and I am going to assume since they originally felt he was hiding they may have lost time in getting a warrant to check his phone (also it was a weekend) and by the time they may have tried to trace his phone by gps it would not give a ping/alert for location finding and that is why they had to go by the tower pings to determine where he may have been. Also the tower pings for the phone does not necessarily mean that is where he was, but would say that is where the phone was. (I'm explaining as my sister explained to me.)

Yes! There is a GPS in smart phones. So I agree with your earlier post, something seems off about this story. The one and only fact we know is Brandon is missing! If certain people aren't looking for him then I know a lot who would gladly step in and look

Please explain further. Who are the "certain people" you are talking about? Police? Family? Rangers? Sheriff? TxDPS? LL? Because I just read where LL has contacted search groups and waiting for police approval. I also know, as do you, that it is all private land so it is not like LL, the family, or friends can just drive over and start searching. Not too mention we are talking about a loved one, not a missing pet. I know I could never search a field to look for the decomposing body of my husband or my girls and I would hope and pray those with the know would be doing it on my behalf.

No more disparaging posts about family members.

They are considered victims and Websleuths is a victim friendly environment, always has been and proudly so.

Please think about that before posting as there will be no more warnings.

Thank you.

I'm reading that verified by LE to public means a press release from LE. The only press release issued in this case came from DPS (Texas Ranger) and angered many when San Angelo Live ran it. This press release used the word "fugitive".

Bringing forward

Let's break this down..... There are basically 3 possibilities in this case.

1. BL became disoriented in the brush and is still there and has not been found.
Each of the numerous LE searches and the TexSAR search makes this a less likely possibility. Due to the rough terrain, something of BL's (scraps of clothes, etc.) should have been found if he was actually running through brush in the dark.

2. BL is voluntarily missing with the assistance of others.
Statements made by those there that night, if true, point to this as being the case - at least during the time LE was on the scene.

3. BL was abducted by persons unknown.
The 911 call leaves this impression if it wasn't known that BL called and spoke with family and friends following the 911 call.

Bringing forward

It's in quotes and the reporter does clearly state it was an emailed press release from the DPS down at the bottom in the comments. Thank you for helping to clear this up! I think people are looking for this statement on the DPS website and can't find it, which would make sense if it was emailed rather than posted on their website. Here it is from Sanangelolive

The Texas DPS, Texas Rangers and the Coke County Sheriff are reinvigorating the search for Brandon Lawson, according to a press release.

It reads:

http://sanangelolive.com/news/crime/2014-03-03/investigation-ongoing-brandon-lawson-case

Bringing forword

Those apps don't work if the battery is dead and he would have had to have it installed in the first place. It is not something that comes pre-installed.

Actually, AT&T has a service that can locate a phone with the battery dead straight from a website using your home computer or tablet. And any cell provider can locate a phone with a battery dead.

*Unless specifically indicated, all opinions are my own. ;) *

Wrong. You are not a fugitive because you have a warrant. You are a fugitive when you run from a warrant. If it's proven that BL is hiding then your comment would apply, right now it does not. He was assigned involuntarily missing by TxDPS and not by whomever filled out a form as it was previously suggested. You can fill whatever you want on a form but what they title someone is what the Rangers determined, not the family. This was confirmed by my sister who as I explained earlier is in law enforcement. I'm more apt to listen to her explanation of how he was labeled by DPS as opposed to opinions stated here previously.
fu·gi·tive
[fyoo-ji-tiv] Show IPA
noun
a person who is fleeing, from prosecution, intolerable circumstances, etc.; a runaway: a fugitive from justice; a fugitive from a dictatorial regime.

But does your sister work for TDPS? How can someone that doesn't work for that agency comment on specific agency policy and procedures?

Please explain further. Who are the "certain people" you are talking about? Police? Family? Rangers? Sheriff? TxDPS? LL? Because I just read where LL has contacted search groups and waiting for police approval. I also know, as do you, that it is all private land so it is not like LL, the family, or friends can just drive over and start searching. Not too mention we are talking about a loved one, not a missing pet. I know I could never search a field to look for the decomposing body of my husband or my girls and I would hope and pray those with the know would be doing it on my behalf.

I searched a field for my missing Mother and found her. I must be a weirdo. LE in my area was small and had a huge county to cover so we gathered a search party of friends and family and searched on our own. We even asked for retired LE members and a horse club donated riders. Before going on private property we knocked and asked permission. When you are determined, you can get a lot done. I did, and I was the one who found her body. While the internet is a wonderful tool, it is only just a tool. Police approval was given already and search TEAMS were brought in. Just because it wasn't posted on SM does not mean LE has not done it. If there is any doubts, a quick phone call to TexasSar will clear up any confusion.

While this may sound snarky, it is not. This is the internet and tone can not be implied. Just as I am sure you did not want to appear snarky sounding either. I will take the high road an assume you are being nice.

Oh and my mother was butchered by a chainsaw. Did not traumatize me one bit to find her. I felt blessed to be able to find her and give her a christian burial that she deserved. SO many MP families never find their loved one. I was blessed to find her.

So Mandy, tell us your sleuthing idea's? We have not heard yours. We have heard when we need to be spanked, but not your thoughts on this case. Please feel free to join us.

Actually, AT&T has a service that can locate a phone with the battery dead straight from a website using your home computer or tablet. And any cell provider can locate a phone with a battery dead.

We have that. Totally love it!

I keep reading about drama when questions are asked and I don't see any of that on the HFBL site? Is there somewhere else that you're getting these feelings from?

Probably because those have been deleted. But, it could be everything many of us have seen was part of a weird apparition . Never know. A internet phenomenon :scared:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne