TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone wonder if a totally outside source came in, fresh, from the start, things would come to light? And I mean fresh, like hand them the briefest report and let them go from there without LL, BL's family, or LE's input? Nor any PI close to any family member!

I think this would be a great idea except I think they would not be allowed to get any info if they were not LE and I think it is going to take FBI, TX Rangers or an agency or LE person outside the area to look at this without anyone else's input first. They would have to do their own interrogation of EVERYONE! Bring in qualified, experienced polygraphers and I still think we would be back to where is Brandon? MOO

I think too much time has passed for there to be a thorough investigation. People have moved, jobs changed, and any evidence that could have been left on the pickup is gone. So there wouldn't be too many leads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In regards to the 911 call and the lack of typical questions you would normally hear a trained 911 operator or dispatcher ask upon receiving a call; let's not forget this call was taken by an employee at a nursing home and obviously JMO I doubt the person fielding the call had much training in proper procedures for 911 operators.

Does anyone wonder if a totally outside source came in, fresh, from the start, things would come to light? And I mean fresh, like hand them the briefest report and let them go from there without LL, BL's family, or LE's input? Nor any PI close to any family member!

Great idea, but how could anyone investigate without interviewing the last person known to see BL and the last people known to have spoken with BL?

I mean they could start with the 911 call. And then...?

What else could they look at?

I guess the house, but it's been so long. And cell records. So maybe that would turn up something. But to make progress, I think the source would need info from LL, KL, and KL's gf.

I didn't say it would be easy...
Who was the last person to see BL? LL? KL? Do we know? Do we know for sure what time he arrived at his home and then left? What about neighbors...they would know things and I don't think anyone has ever been interviewed? What about co-workers, they would know things and I don't think any of them have been interviewed? What about his friends?
Yes, the house. Yes, cell records. Yes, the 911 call. Yes, people in the area the truck was found. Well, we know that what little was done in that area didn't go well at all, did it.?
Yes, neighbors. Yes, co-workers. You could get names and other things of interest that could lead somewhere...like where had BL been that night..was there a fight?
Did he indeed get into it with someone at a Wal-mart parking lot? What about checking for video in the 'home' area? Of course, it has been so long....
IMOO, there are avenues that could be taken PRIOR to speaking to family...so that, in theory, a 'story' could be seen. KL has interviewed once that I am aware of? No one finds that odd? LL can't keep her stories straight. Would a co-worker? Would a neighbor? Would a friend? It only takes one person to say one little thing for the whole thing to start to come together...
I'm meaning this 'fresh' look W/O the stories, misstatements of fact and such. Those closest to him are NOT going to give it up. For one, they may not know and for two, they don't want to get in trouble....

And I totally know, I'm just :autumn::treadmill:

This is my first time ever hearing about this case. From the recording, what I took away from it, was that Brandon's car ran out of gas, and he stumbled upon something he should not have been around. I feel like before he says "I accidentally ran into 'em", he says something along the lines of "There was one guy talking to him". When he says "I accidentally ran into 'em", I think he means "ran into them", as in meeting someone. Like "I ran into Jane at the grocery store". If someone was out there, let's say, doing something involving drugs, and his car ran out of gas, and he was kind of walking around the area a little waiting for someone to show up with gas, he may have come across something he shouldn't have. There was no damage to his car, so I don't think he "ran into" anything in that sense. I also think when he says he hit someone, he is saying he hit them as in punched them. I don't think he is saying taken or pushed into the woods, I think he is saying chased. I also think he crossed the road at some point, he references "both sides of the road".

So the scenario I am imagining here is that Brandon "ran into" some people or a situation that he was never supposed to see. They came at him aggressively, so he hit them/someone, and then took off running. He was chased into the "woods", where he hid and made that 911 call. That's why he was out of breath. After the 911 call, he was injured (maybe whoever was chasing him found him), and that is where the later call of "Im bleeding" comes in. I don't think the "yeah" was another person. I think it was Brandon. It sounds like he was looking away from the phone, and not paying attention to what the dispatcher was saying. I think he was looking behind or around him to see if whoever was chasing him was close. So he distractedly, looking around, says "yeah", then his brain catches up to what was asked and he says (in a more focused tone) "No, I need the cops".

I think Brandon was hurt by someone out there, and his body was taken by that person and hidden. If someone else was out there, they had to have a mode of transportation. Why were no tracks found? Either foot prints or tire tracks? What is the ground like out there, would it hold a trail like that?

Possibly, but why was none of his belongings found? Look at the shorts he had on, if he was being chased he was running with his car keys, phone and wallet along with other things and no pockets! You would think he would have dropped something in the struggle

This is my first time ever hearing about this case. From the recording, what I took away from it, was that Brandon's car ran out of gas, and he stumbled upon something he should not have been around. I feel like before he says "I accidentally ran into 'em", he says something along the lines of "There was one guy talking to him". When he says "I accidentally ran into 'em", I think he means "ran into them", as in meeting someone. Like "I ran into Jane at the grocery store". If someone was out there, let's say, doing something involving drugs, and his car ran out of gas, and he was kind of walking around the area a little waiting for someone to show up with gas, he may have come across something he shouldn't have. There was no damage to his car, so I don't think he "ran into" anything in that sense. I also think when he says he hit someone, he is saying he hit them as in punched them. I don't think he is saying taken or pushed into the woods, I think he is saying chased. I also think he crossed the road at some point, he references "both sides of the road".

So the scenario I am imagining here is that Brandon "ran into" some people or a situation that he was never supposed to see. They came at him aggressively, so he hit them/someone, and then took off running. He was chased into the "woods", where he hid and made that 911 call. That's why he was out of breath. After the 911 call, he was injured (maybe whoever was chasing him found him), and that is where the later call of "Im bleeding" comes in. I don't think the "yeah" was another person. I think it was Brandon. It sounds like he was looking away from the phone, and not paying attention to what the dispatcher was saying. I think he was looking behind or around him to see if whoever was chasing him was close. So he distractedly, looking around, says "yeah", then his brain catches up to what was asked and he says (in a more focused tone) "No, I need the cops".

I think Brandon was hurt by someone out there, and his body was taken by that person and hidden. If someone else was out there, they had to have a mode of transportation. Why were no tracks found? Either foot prints or tire tracks? What is the ground like out there, would it hold a trail like that?

I think you are probably spot on!

Part of the challenge has been, and I think continues to be, at least a day had passed before LE was informed he was missing. Then it took several more days before the requested info was given to LE...LL and KL along with a 'FEW' people did a search themselves that weekend, hoping he could be found, I'm thinking before LE was notified. I could be wrong on this, the timeline could be a bit tighter. The truck was towed...given back to the owner a bit later...we know at one point LL was able to retrieve some belongings of BL from that truck based on her statement, "after she moved she found his pants from that night with his rabbit's foot in it...."
Potential clues were lost...same as the rest of it.
I think this will remain a mystery until a rancher or hunter comes across remains, either in that area or further afield.

Great post. Cartels have been known to operate in this area and given how late at night it was it's definitely plausible to think he may have mistakenly wandered upon some nefarious activity. Why would he wander away from his truck though, knowing help is on the way?

Great post. Cartels have been known to operate in this area and given how late at night it was it's definitely plausible to think he may have mistakenly wandered upon some nefarious activity. Why would he wander away from his truck though, knowing help is on the way?

Looking for better cell reception maybe? He could have seen lights or another vehicle and wandered over to see if anyone would let him bum a smoke while he waited, or if they could help him out, and found out that he was trying to make contact with the wrong people.

Looking for better cell reception maybe? He could have seen lights or another vehicle and wandered over to see if anyone would let him bum a smoke while he waited, or if they could help him out, and found out that he was trying to make contact with the wrong people.

Not sure about the cell reception, he had reception, he had called Kyle, he called LL and was also on the phone with the girlfriend of Kyle. Was also very close to cell towers.

Someone mentioned the rabbit foot, LL said she found this stuff in the closet in a plastic bag when she moved. How did it get there? She acted surprised it was there, if she got it out of the pickup why throw it in the closet? There could have been some evidence in the bag.
None of this story adds up

I was looking through threads 1 and 2 to find some more info about BL's new job, and had a series of thoughts/questions that haven't been discussed recently. I'm sure they've been talked about at some point--we are on thread 4.

First, does anyone else find it odd that KL arrived at the same time as the police officer? What a coincidence they pulled up, from two different directions, at the exact same moment.

Is it possible that KL was there first? I did read WS posters commenting there might have been another person inside KL's truck besides KL's gf A (can't remember her last initial). I am trying to trace that idea backwards, so I won't speculate yet.

Regardless of how many people were in KL's vehicle, I find the dual arrival interesting. Am I just being overly paranoid?

I am going to post other thoughts in a separate comment.

Why was BL's truck on the side of the road?

LL said (1st Blogtalk radio interview) it was unusual that the truck was partially over the white line, and still in the way of other vehicles. We know a truck driver reported the vehicle as being unsafely parked.

You can usually coast a bit after your engine shuts off, enough to pull to the shoulder of the road. It's my understanding that this highway is dark, gets a fair amount of 18 wheeler traffic, and has typical speeds of 70 mph (a local or long term poster can please correct me if that's wrong).

So why didn't BL pull all the way to the shoulder? I have never heard anyone mention his hazard lights were turned on.

Did BL run out of gas? Did his truck physically run into someone or something?

What a series of bad luck if BL ran out of gas, could not completely pull into the shoulder, decided to walk around (stress release or better cell coverage or other reason), physically walked upon illegal activity, then disappeared.

Why was BL's truck on the side of the road?

LL said (1st Blogtalk radio interview) it was unusual that the truck was partially over the white line, and still in the way of other vehicles. We know a truck driver reported the vehicle as being unsafely parked.

You can usually coast a bit after your engine shuts off, enough to pull to the shoulder of the road. It's my understanding that this highway is dark, gets a fair amount of 18 wheeler traffic, and has typical speeds of 70 mph (a local or long term poster can please correct me if that's wrong).

So why didn't BL pull all the way to the shoulder? I have never heard anyone mention his hazard lights were turned on.

Did BL run out of gas? Did his truck physically run into someone or something?

What a series of bad luck if BL ran out of gas, could not completely pull into the shoulder, decided to walk around (stress release or better cell coverage or other reason), physically walked upon illegal activity, then disappeared.

From the way I understood it his truck was pulled over to the shoulder but still in the road a bit. At first I had it pictured in my head that it was the back of the truck that was in the road but later found out it was the front that was sticking out in the road, almost like he pulled to the shoulder but then started to pull away from the shoulder & attempt to make a U-Turn going back toward San Angelo, but never really took off; like his truck just died front tires over the white line. Now that is odd! Or it is to me!!!!

What do you think Brandon “ran into” that night? I think its likely he ran into some nefarious illegal activity occurring, and was killed because he was a witness.

What doesnt make sense to me is why people would be engaged in that activity in the middle of a road. From what Ive seen the road he was on was pitch black, no street lights, out in the middle of nowhere. But it was still a major road.

A lilkely conclusion would be a drug deal going down and Brandon happens to be passing through and see’s it. Why would a drug deal be going down, in the middle of a road like that? A major road at that? And what would it even consist of? Two cars parked, both guys out of the vehicle, in pitch black darkness. Brandon car runs out of gas, and it just happens to run out of gas near where a drug deal is going down? I dont know. How likely is that?

Any other scenario, stumbling on a meth operation for example, thats been widely suggested, also makes no sense, because of how public that operation would be for Brandon to stumble onto it. Meth deals dont usually go down on major roads. A field I could see, but a major road? I dont know. But why would Brandon have been in the fields at all to have stumbled onto it in the first place? His car ran out of gas, it would make sense for him to walk into the fields, in fact his call to his brother said he was 10 minutes up the road. If you run out of gas, I think, you stay, walking, on that road.

Listening to the 911 call, none of the other theories make sense. The main theory that he says “a trooper pushed some guys over…on both sides”, sounds very unnatural to say. And makes little sense. A state trooper, pulls people over, and it doesnt sound like “pushed”. Theres a definite “E” sound that pushed doesnt have. “PERCHED” is clearly what it sounds like. Troopers dont perch anything.

I think, he says, “Im in the middle of a field, I escaped and pushed some guys over, I got chased into the woods”.

He ran into someone, or something, they fought, he took off, “escaped” by pushing several guys down, and then took off into the field.

No one has ever come forward, in LE who has said they pulled people over near where Brandon was. Which makes me think, a state trooper wasn’t there, and he wasn’t saying state trooper. and was saying “i escaped and pushed some guys over”.

Its the only thing that makes sense. If a cop pulled some dudes over, he would have said “a cop PULLED some guys over”. A car doesnt “push” people over. It runs people off the road, or runs over them. Ive never heard of anyone referring to either a car getting pulled over, or a car running over pedestrians, or a car running into another car, as the car “pushing people over”’

Escaped is the only explanation

What do you think Brandon “ran into” that night? I think its likely he ran into some nefarious illegal activity occurring, and was killed because he was a witness.

What doesnt make sense to me is why people would be engaged in that activity in the middle of a road. From what Ive seen the road he was on was pitch black, no street lights, out in the middle of nowhere. But it was still a major road.

A lilkely conclusion would be a drug deal going down and Brandon happens to be passing through and see’s it. Why would a drug deal be going down, in the middle of a road like that? A major road at that? And what would it even consist of? Two cars parked, both guys out of the vehicle, in pitch black darkness. Brandon car runs out of gas, and it just happens to run out of gas near where a drug deal is going down? I dont know. How likely is that?

Any other scenario, stumbling on a meth operation for example, thats been widely suggested, also makes no sense, because of how public that operation would be for Brandon to stumble onto it. Meth deals dont usually go down on major roads. A field I could see, but a major road? I dont know. But why would Brandon have been in the fields at all to have stumbled onto it in the first place? His car ran out of gas, it would make sense for him to walk into the fields, in fact his call to his brother said he was 10 minutes up the road. If you run out of gas, I think, you stay, walking, on that road.

The thing is, yes, he was traveling down a major road, but the highway he was on seems to run parallel to several little dirt roads. Where he broke down is particularly close to one of them. If he was out there and saw a light or heard voices on one of those roads, could he have wandered over to see if they would help? A dirt road behind some trees, in a very deserted area but with easy highway access, wouldn't make a bad spot for a drug deal.

The thing is, yes, he was traveling down a major road, but the highway he was on seems to run parallel to several little dirt roads. Where he broke down is particularly close to one of them. If he was out there and saw a light or heard voices on one of those roads, could he have wandered over to see if they would help? A dirt road behind some trees, in a very deserted area but with easy highway access, wouldn't make a bad spot for a drug deal.

Possibly, but if that was the case, he was on the phone with KL and the girlfriend, why wouldn't he say he was walking to those to see if they can help, or why even call if he saw someone who he thought could help. WHERE ARE HIS BELONGINGS THAT HE HAD WITH HIM? Nothing was found. I keep coming back to the aunt who said they found a cell phone in the area. They confirmed it and then again denied it

Listening to the 911 call, none of the other theories make sense. The main theory that he says “a trooper pushed some guys over…on both sides”, sounds very unnatural to say. And makes little sense. A state trooper, pulls people over, and it doesnt sound like “pushed”. Theres a definite “E” sound that pushed doesnt have. “PERCHED” is clearly what it sounds like. Troopers dont perch anything.

I think, he says, “Im in the middle of a field, I escaped and pushed some guys over, I got chased into the woods”.

He ran into someone, or something, they fought, he took off, “escaped” by pushing several guys down, and then took off into the field.

No one has ever come forward, in LE who has said they pulled people over near where Brandon was. Which makes me think, a state trooper wasn’t there, and he wasn’t saying state trooper. and was saying “i escaped and pushed some guys over”.

Its the only thing that makes sense. If a cop pulled some dudes over, he would have said “a cop PULLED some guys over”. A car doesnt “push” people over. It runs people off the road, or runs over them. Ive never heard of anyone referring to either a car getting pulled over, or a car running over pedestrians, or a car running into another car, as the car “pushing people over”’

Escaped is the only explanation

I always thought he said "In fact, we pushed some guys over.....right here going toward Abilene". I.m going to go listen again for the 599th time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia