TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the best most rationale possible scenario I have seen.

Very interesting and plausible scenario Sutton! I have always heard rumors he was in an altercation at Walmart, but we were told that was not true. I have always maintained he wasn't headed to Ft. Worth. Since I drive that route very often, I know better than to leave San Angelo without enough gas to get to Abilene. You don't take off from there at midnight without enough gas to get 25 miles!

Do you know for fact he called the neighbor? I have not heard that before.

Great idea tho!

Very interesting and plausible scenario Sutton! I have always heard rumors he was in an altercation at Walmart, but we were told that was not true. I have always maintained he wasn't headed to Ft. Worth. Since I drive that route very often, I know better than to leave San Angelo without enough gas to get to Abilene. You don't take off from there at midnight without enough gas to get 25 miles!

Do you know for fact he called the neighbor? I have not heard that before.

Great idea tho!

The bounty hunter scenario is a tight fit in the timeline. It seems like Kyle or the deputy would have seen other vehicles in the area, but maybe not.

I have no idea if the call to a neighbor actually happened. I've read or heard it mentioned from several sources. If you Google empathy insights Brandon Lawson the first website has a related comment.

I went back and started reading the old WS posts (still reading thread 3.) Ranch Wife made some interesting comments, but I don't think she posts here anymore. If she did, maybe she could verify a short call was made that night, or a call was made to a neighbor, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been looking through Brandon's criminal record in order to find out how much time he spent in jail and how much time he spent in prison, how he behaved previously in regards to bond, previous bond amounts, previous bond companies, and what his charges were.

Brandon pleaded guilty to indecent exposure in 2005. I know people are sometimes charged with indecent exposure for urinating in public or having sex in a public place. Does anyone know any details surrounding this offense?

I've been looking through Brandon's criminal record in order to find out how much time he spent in jail and how much time he spent in prison, how he behaved previously in regards to bond, previous bond amounts, previous bond companies, and what his charges were.

Brandon pleaded guilty to indecent exposure in 2005. I know people are sometimes charged with indecent exposure for urinating in public or having sex in a public place. Does anyone know any details surrounding this offense?

I have never seen that charge although I've looked at his record before. Very interesting. I wonder if LL knows if he had been contacted in the days prior to his disappearance by a bail bondsman? It would take a little leg work but it's not impossible to find out who the bondsman was that bonded him out and who he skipped out on. I wonder what he used as security or who signed for him with what as the collateral? Bondsman require something, from car titles to property as collateral for the amount owed. I wonder if whomever Co signed for him was contacted about him not showing for court and wanting to collect the collateral put down?

One thing is for certain, somebody was out 45k and they weren't happy about it. Where was the last ping? Close to the highway (like just off the shoulder) or in a field? Bounty hunters being very familiar with LE techniques would probably get rid of the phone ASAP so no tracking can be done. That doesn't exclude the possibility of him dropping it in a field while running though.

If someone was following/chasing Brandon from San Angelo, they caught up with him when he ran out of gas, that would cause him to run. "I totally ran into em!" They passed him and realized it was him, turned around and are "headed both ways going to Abilene".

He ran into a field to get away from them. If I were on the east side of 277 and they were on the west side, I would naturally run northeast. Southeast is a pretty big incline uphill. The only problem here is there is not a field close to the east side where he ran out of gas. I have always assumed he ran west to the field close to his truck. Lots of brush on the east side. Makes the 911 call more understandable .

If someone stayed with the car and was driving around south of there, the deputy would not have seen him. Kyle probably would not have noticed anyone heading either way if they were still moving. The deputy did say he didn't see anyone. The trucker might be the key. If he made a 911 call shortly after Bl did, he might have remembered someone passing him at a high rate of speed if the 2 vehicles were chasing/being chased? Someone saw something I am sure. They just don't remember.

Yeah but the only thing that bothers me about this scenario is why would Brandon call the cops? He would know the bounty hunters are on the side of the law. Wonder if we are somewhat on the right track. It would be odd for Brandon to have a steady address and not get picked up by bounty hunters after missing some court dates. I guess the question is, did he use a bondsman or did he get someone to post for him? (An unsavory individual perhaps) I think he knew the type people that would do that. So if you knew your life was on the line because of that money and you had to pay it back, wouldn't you dip into your 401k? Someone lost a lot of money by him not going to court. Anyway to check the court records and see who signed for the bond? My thinking is they weren't there to collect the money, they were there to kill him for costing them so much money. If he is returned to jail, you don't get that money back as far as I understand it.

For the record, I found Brandon's criminal charges for Johnson county here:

http://www.texasonlinerecords.com/clerk/index?office_id=4

I had to register (provide my name, address, email), but there aren't any charges for viewing the results. This is where I found the 2005 indecent exposure charge.

Unfortunately the 2011 charge for which Brandon was on bail, is no longer listed.

Wow, excellent scenario. I hadn't heard about a call to a neighbor. I know that there was an incident at Walmart, but I hadn't heard about a call. You can put up cash or collateral for a bond. If the person returns to prison, the bonding agent isn't responsible for the remainder of the bond. In order for the person to get to prison, at some point, they will have shown up for court, so the bond will be satisfied. I'm going to go with - for this scenario - the bond enforcement agents went after him to make sure that he appeared for his next court date, and things got out of hand. In Texas, bond enforcement agents are licensed by the state. They aren't Bub and Billy Joe running around, willy nilly. Not legally they aren't, anyway.

*All statements are that of my own opinion unless otherwise specified. *

Wow, excellent scenario. I hadn't heard about a call to a neighbor. I know that there was an incident at Walmart, but I hadn't heard about a call. You can put up cash or collateral for a bond. If the person returns to prison, the bonding agent isn't responsible for the remainder of the bond. In order for the person to get to prison, at some point, they will have shown up for court, so the bond will be satisfied. I'm going to go with - for this scenario - the bond enforcement agents went after him to make sure that he appeared for his next court date, and things got out of hand. In Texas, bond enforcement agents are licensed by the state. They aren't Bub and Billy Joe running around, willy nilly. Not legally they aren't, anyway.

*All statements are that of my own opinion unless

Is there anyway to find out if BL had a bail agent and if so, who signed for him??

*All statements are that of my own opinion unless

Is there anyway to find out if BL had a bail agent and if so, who signed for him??
You can call Johnson County, and see if someone in the booking section of the jail will look it up, or the District Clerk, and see if they will tell you. You might also call a random bail bonds office in the county, and just ask if they took care of the bond. If they say no, ask if they know who did. Most of places in each county can look up and see who is on the bond for people on bond. As much as he was in and out, he probably had a regular place that did his bonds. Most "frequent fliers" do.

One thing about bond enforcement agents, that's how they make their money. They want a live body delivered to the jail/court. Unless it's a large bonding company that has their own respective agents, most work for more than one bonding company so that they have consistent work flow. When someone jumps bond, or is FTA, they find that person, and deliver them to the nearest law enforcement facility. That facility issues a "body receipt" to the enforcement agent. (That's really what it's called.) That body receipt is how they get paid. They turn that in as proof that the bond jumper is in custody, and that they've done their job, along with applicable paperwork to the bonding company. The usual and customary pay for a body receipt is 10% of the bond. Sometimes it's more for special circumstances. That's what the bonding company pays the enforcement agent for the capture of the fugitive. So while there was a sizeable liability to the bonding company there with Brandon dodging court, there was a hefty financial reward in store for whatever bond enforcement agent may have brought him in. And sometimes things can get ugly between enforcement agents. It may be "Bob's" assignment, but "Jimmy" hears that there's big money for the capture. Whoever gets their name on that body receipt as having brought the fugitive in is who gets paid in the end. Just some things to think about.

Wonder if "dog" the bounty hunter has a 1800 # and wiuld give free advice ... LoL

Yall know im just joking ... It is a very interesting scenario that has come up Dont recall it being discussed.
I read as well there was an incident/argument at Walmart what it was and whom was all involved is a question.

There is another senario that still rolls around in my mind is a possible female acquaintance...

You can call Johnson County, and see if someone in the booking section of the jail will look it up, or the District Clerk, and see if they will tell you. You might also call a random bail bonds office in the county, and just ask if they took care of the bond. If they say no, ask if they know who did. Most of places in each county can look up and see who is on the bond for people on bond. As much as he was in and out, he probably had a regular place that did his bonds. Most "frequent fliers" do.

I am trying to figure out Brandon's criminal history: his offenses, incarcerations, past warrants, bond situations, etc.

I have been searching for BL's arrest and court records for his 2011 offense. He was arrested by the Crowley Police Department, and that was set before the County Criminal Court #3 Fort Worth. That is in Tarrant county, not Johnson county. But I cannot find any further information.

Am I wrong? Do you or anyone else have further info or remember other details?

I am trying to figure out Brandon's criminal history: his offenses, incarcerations, past warrants, bond situations, etc.

I have been searching for BL's arrest and court records for his 2011 offense. He was arrested by the Crowley Police Department, and that was set before the County Criminal Court #3 Fort Worth. That is in Tarrant county, not Johnson county. But I cannot find any further information.

Am I wrong? Do you or anyone else have further info or remember other details?

I can dig this weekend.

Wonder if "dog" the bounty hunter has a 1800 # and wiuld give free advice ... LoL

Yall know im just joking ... It is a very interesting scenario that has come up Dont recall it being discussed.
I read as well there was an incident/argument at Walmart what it was and whom was all involved is a question.

There is another senario that still rolls around in my mind is a possible female acquaintance...
Throw it out there. We all have our theories, but anything is possible.

Throw it out there. We all have our theories, but anything is possible.

Just an assumption .... Could Brandon been seeing a person in the medical field

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members