TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What ever happened to the neighbor who saw him leave the house, we heard from them then they disappeared

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is what I remember.......

There were 2-911 calls. One was BL's call asking for help....The other was a trucker calling about a stranded vehicle.

I think the 2 calls may have occurred in close proximity to each other BEFORE the deputy and KL arrived.

When the deputy and KL arrived, they saw the truck was partially out in the highway and a safety hazard. The truck was not locked so they put it in gear and pushed it onto the shoulder.
It was towed the next morning.

I think you may be correct about the Walmart incident. That is the way I remember reading about it....Oh! it happened, it didn't happen and then it can't be confirmed it happened, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen. I think it is a very strong possibility it did happen. It fits the timeline better for sure..JMO

How could they put it in gear & push it without the keys? Just curious cuz I've always thought keys were needed to do this unless it was being towed by an actual tow truck.

How could they put it in gear & push it without the keys? Just curious cuz I've always thought keys were needed to do this unless it was being towed by an actual tow truck.

I don't know about different models of cars, but my Toyota has a button by the gearshift that has a little cover that pops off (with a screwdriver or knife). You push the button down and you can move the gearshifter into neutral or any position. You only need to be able to get into the car to access it.

edit: here's a video on a Chevy - https://youtu.be/bwNrCbvCxB0

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Bumping for Brandon!

*All statements are that of my own opinion unless otherwise specified. *

Bumping for Brandon!

I don't know about different models of cars, but my Toyota has a button by the gearshift that has a little cover that pops off (with a screwdriver or knife). You push the button down and you can move the gearshifter into neutral or any position. You only need to be able to get into the car to access it.

I honestly don't think the truck had that feature. I'll have to do some research on that to be certain though.

Where's Brandon?

I went to high school with Brandon, it's a sad story. I hope his family finds some closure soon.

Sent from my SM-G920T1 using Tapatalk

I went to high school with Brandon, it's a sad story. I hope his family finds some closure soon.

Welcome to the thread MimeAshley! This is a very friendly thread. Maybe you can tell us a little about Brandon and Ladessa? What do your friends think happened to BL? It's great to have someone who knew Brandon.......:wagon::welcome6::welcome3:

Thank you for your kind words. I wasn't friends with Brandon and Ladessa. Brandon and I just had a class together. I'm sorry if I gave the impression that I was close to the family. I just randomly came across his 911 call on YT a like the November after he went missing. I try to stay updated on the case though because my heart breaks for his family.

If it is a front wheel drive, you can disable the shift linkage on the transmission (under the hood). If it is rear wheel (which trucks are) you can crawl under the truck to do it.

Thank you for your kind words. I wasn't friends with Brandon and Ladessa. Brandon and I just had a class together. I'm sorry if I gave the impression that I was close to the family. I just randomly came across his 911 call on YT a like the November after he went missing. I try to stay updated on the case though because my heart breaks for his family.

:welcome4:

Fantastic group of people here, and also plenty to read .... Opinions and possibilities change page by page we agree and disagree .... But always these sleuthers agree on a common goal to find Brandon and bring him home.

This is a missing case that truly scares the hell out of me, its really haunts me, I dont know whether its the phone call or the location where he went missing.

I pray fro Brandon and hope one day we will learn the truth

This is a missing case that truly scares the hell out of me, its really haunts me, I dont know whether its the phone call or the location where he went missing.

I pray fro Brandon and hope one day we will learn the truth

What did you think of the phone call? Being his age, knowing him, can you give us your interpretation of the tape, what do you hear him saying? Is "staper" a slang for something in that area?

It is possible the truck had a manual transmission which means it would be easy to move without the key.

Hello everyone!

I've recently become mesmerized with this bizarre case.

As I understand it, the area was not equipped with a 911 call center but rather used the nurses at the local nursing home to handle calls.

I'll begin by asking this: What is the lowdown on the lady who answered the 911 call? It seems as if she is not having difficulty discerning this call until nearer the end. Could the key to this case be what she recalled from that night?

That is a good question. The more I think about this case, the more I truly believe someone was chasing him. I travel this road at least once a month or so. I'm very familiar with the highway and Bronte area. Everytime I leave San Angelo heading to Bronte I try to imagine what BL was experiencing that evening/morning. The thing that gets me is the first statement he made....."Yes, I'm in the MIDDLE of a field." There is not a field very close to where he ran out of gas. The ONLY field is on up (heading north) the road a 1/4 mile and on the left. He would pass a home sitting off the road before he got to a field! I really think when he says "I ran into em", he means you know I ran into some friends of mine....and the 911 operator thinks he had a wreck and ran into someone. Totally different scenarios. I don't think she had a clue what was going on until a few days later when it became obvious he was missing.

JMO but the being chased answers a lot of my questions. I think the family has a clue what was going on, but cannot prove anything....they just want to find Brandon.

Unfortunately, I think he is deceased and the odds of finding him are pretty slim. It would take some hunters or construction or something like that to find his body now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14