TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the 95% of us who think he's missing/deceased have it wrong. Whether it's those who think he was harmed by persons close to him, or that he met foul play at the hands of someone random or acquaintances, I think most of us agree that Brandon would never leave his children. But what if we are wrong? What if he wasn't the family man we've been led to believe? What if he just had enough of the drama and chaos that surrounded his relationship with the baby mama, and his legal woes? What if he really did just skip out, and is living a new life far away from the baggage of his past? All we really have to go on concerning his personality and character is what we've been fed by people who have shown to be less than credible. Nothing at all with this case is at it seems. It's been half truths, no truths, and retractions. While it's illegal to disappear to dodge legal charges, it's not against the law to just leave. And maybe that is in fact, what he did.

*All statements are that of my own opinion unless otherwise specified. *

Maybe the 95% of us who think he's missing/deceased have it wrong. Whether it's those who think he was harmed by persons close to him, or that he met foul play at the hands of someone random or acquaintances, I think most of us agree that Brandon would never leave his children. But what if we are wrong? What if he wasn't the family man we've been led to believe? What if he just had enough of the drama and chaos that surrounded his relationship with the baby mama, and his legal woes? What if he really did just skip out, and is living a new life far away from the baggage of his past? All we really have to go on concerning his personality and character is what we've been fed by people who have shown to be less than credible. Nothing at all with this case is at it seems. It's been half truths, no truths, and retractions. While it's illegal to disappear to dodge legal charges, it's not against the law to just leave. And maybe that is in fact, what he did.

And....What if you are right? It is terribly frustrating - all the half truths, retractions, etc.
I must say that the Timeline is what is most confusing! If you take the bizarre 911 call out of the equation, I would imagine that most ppl would just assume he bolted, leaving it all behind on purpose.

That is a good question. The more I think about this case, the more I truly believe someone was chasing him. I travel this road at least once a month or so. I'm very familiar with the highway and Bronte area. Everytime I leave San Angelo heading to Bronte I try to imagine what BL was experiencing that evening/morning. The thing that gets me is the first statement he made....."Yes, I'm in the MIDDLE of a field." There is not a field very close to where he ran out of gas. The ONLY field is on up (heading north) the road a 1/4 mile and on the left. He would pass a home sitting off the road before he got to a field! I really think when he says "I ran into em", he means you know I ran into some friends of mine....and the 911 operator thinks he had a wreck and ran into someone. Totally different scenarios. I don't think she had a clue what was going on until a few days later when it became obvious he was missing.

JMO but the being chased answers a lot of my questions. I think the family has a clue what was going on, but cannot prove anything....they just want to find Brandon.

Unfortunately, I think he is deceased and the odds of finding him are pretty slim. It would take some hunters or construction or something like that to find his body now.

NannyMo,

Wow! How could you not think about this case travelling down the same road!? I would imagine it's rather unsettling. I mean - so many questions - so few answers. The harsh elements just complicate everything. Perhaps hunters will one day come across what would be left of his remains.

With no prior knowledge of the case at all, I asked my husband to listen to the 911 and tell me what he heard. He has a background in criminal justice, so he hears things that others might miss. Without knowing anything at all of this case, he immediately told me that although he couldn't decipher all the words being said, he knew two things were certain. 1. Brandon was being chased. 2. There were two male voices on the 911 call.

That is a good question. The more I think about this case, the more I truly believe someone was chasing him. I travel this road at least once a month or so. I'm very familiar with the highway and Bronte area. Everytime I leave San Angelo heading to Bronte I try to imagine what BL was experiencing that evening/morning. The thing that gets me is the first statement he made....."Yes, I'm in the MIDDLE of a field." There is not a field very close to where he ran out of gas. The ONLY field is on up (heading north) the road a 1/4 mile and on the left. He would pass a home sitting off the road before he got to a field! I really think when he says "I ran into em", he means you know I ran into some friends of mine....and the 911 operator thinks he had a wreck and ran into someone. Totally different scenarios. I don't think she had a clue what was going on until a few days later when it became obvious he was missing.

JMO but the being chased answers a lot of my questions. I think the family has a clue what was going on, but cannot prove anything....they just want to find Brandon.

Unfortunately, I think he is deceased and the odds of finding him are pretty slim. It would take some hunters or construction or something like that to find his body now.

Spot on NannyMo .... unfortunately believe Brandon will show up as a UID one day if he has not already. Based on the distances of cell pings and verbal info from the call he was somehow headed out of the area towards that darn Y after that nothing ...

I do agree with what you are all saying . Some people talk about the harsh elements, but there are houses nearby. Yes, it is hot....yes there is rough terrain, but it's not a desert! There are homes and pasture (grassy fields) nearby. If BL had been nearby when he died, he would have been found. I think whoever was chasing him, killed him and took him with them. The problem I have with the Y is BL would go right through Bronte to get to that Y. I think they headed back toward San Angelo because LE said they did not see any cars when they headed toward the "stranded vehicle". It would make sense if they were chasing him FROM San Angelo, they would probably head back that way......

There is so much ranch land in this area, it would be easy to hide a body. All JMO!

It was rumored in the beginning he went up north, that he had another girl pregnant, also rumored that he did leave and baby momma knew and was funneling money to him. Honestly I don't know what to think anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want to know more than anything who his cosigner for his bond was. Bounty hunters would want him alive as mentioned before. If his consigner knew he was out $45k or whatever he could have gone after him and things gotten out of hand. At that point they would have had to cover uo what hey had done. Someone please tell me how to get this info and I will call tomorrow. We all keep talking about filing a freedom of information document. Can anyone do that? If so tell me how and I will. Let's get some actual hard facts people!

LP
I do agree with what you are all saying . Some people talk about the harsh elements, but there are houses nearby. Yes, it is hot....yes there is rough terrain, but it's not a desert! There are homes and pasture (grassy fields) nearby. If BL had been nearby when he died, he would have been found. I think whoever was chasing him, killed him and took him with them. The problem I have with the Y is BL would go right through Bronte to get to that Y. I think they headed back toward San Angelo because LE said they did not see any cars when they headed toward the "stranded vehicle". It would make sense if they were chasing him FROM San Angelo, they would probably head back that way......

There is so much ranch land in this area, it would be easy to hide a body. All JMO!

NannyMo - I think you're exactly right. When I looked at the Google map pics where his truck ran out of gas, I was shocked to see the homes so close! Indeed, I believe he had to have been far away. And not too mention the pings.

I've not seen much on theories about who could have been with him when he made the 911 call. Clearly, he's not alone.

But I gather everyone's biggest question is WHY make several calls to K, A, and his GF AFTER making the 911 call?!

Doing so, totally negates the seriousness of that 911 call, in my mind, but listening to it, it's impossible to discount it.

I want to know more than anything who his cosigner for his bond was. Bounty hunters would want him alive as mentioned before. If his consigner knew he was out $45k or whatever he could have gone after him and things gotten out of hand. At that point they would have had to cover uo what hey had done. Someone please tell me how to get this info and I will call tomorrow. We all keep talking about filing a freedom of information document. Can anyone do that? If so tell me how and I will. Let's get some actual hard facts people!
You MIGHT be able to call the District Clerk in Johnson County, and ask. If they won't tell you (50/50 chance), then the other alternative is to just go down the list and call the bondsmen in that area. Someone may tell you. The ones here are all able to see what company is on someone's bond. For instance, ABC Bonding can look and tell you that XYZ Bonding is who holds someone's bond. I'm not sure if that's everywhere or not, though. Also, since it's not an active bond anymore, and the charge has been dropped, I have no idea if they keep records for that or not. Surely so.

Can you send me
a google maps link to where his truck was found? And the house ? Or tell me where it is on the forum??? Thanks

LP

NannyMo - I think you're exactly right. When I looked at the Google map pics where his truck ran out of gas, I was shocked to see the homes so close! Indeed, I believe he had to have been far away. And not too mention the pings.

I've not seen much on theories about who could have been with him when he made the 911 call. Clearly, he's not alone.

But I gather everyone's biggest question is WHY make several calls to K, A, and his GF AFTER making the 911 call?!

Doing so, totally negates the seriousness of that 911 call, in my mind, but listening to it, it's impossible to discount it.

I need to look at the timeline close again, but did BL actually speak to Kyle's gf or were there texts exchanged. If they were texts, how would we know they were truly from BL?

In the beginning, I always thought it was strange they spoke about talking to him after he ran put of gas and was supposedly hiding in the brush. I think I looked at the timeline and said....why did he not tell Kyle he was being chased?

I've got to go find those times and check it out.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/B...7313204b7d55b!8m2!3d31.8873671!4d-100.2917601

This is just as you are approaching the Colorado River. I think his phone pinged close to here. This is just a mile or so closer to Bronte.

This is the "RIVER"....lol https://www.google.com/maps/@31.847...4!1sniDqRBjjMQzzn5YevA0Dsg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

An aerial shot of Bronte...you can see "the river" at the bottom of the picture. https://www.google.com/maps/place/B...7313204b7d55b!8m2!3d31.8873671!4d-100.2917601

And here is the Y (aerial view) that is of some interest on North of Bronte towards Abilene......possibly from the 911 call...
https://www.google.com/maps/place/B...7313204b7d55b!8m2!3d31.8873671!4d-100.2917601

I hope this helps some of you see that it is not as desolate at it appears. These images down on the highway are from March 2013 before BL went missing in August. The aerial views are from 2016.

http://www.texasonlinerecords.com/clerk/index?office_id=3

The record indicates that he was never arrested on the 2012 charge, so no bond has been posted according to the Johnson County District Court records accessible through the link.

The case # is F46728.

If you search By Name, the 2012 charge does not appear because the case is not on a court docket.

However, a search using the By Case option, the record is there. You can search using that option by using the case # or by Defendant using his name. The last name alone is sufficient for that option.

Make sure that the Criminal (court) option is toggled. View Details.

He was indicted on 9-27-2012. (The Offense date is 6-1-2011.)

An arrest warrant (capias) was issued on 9-28-2012. The bond amount is $50,000. The record would reflect who posted a bond. That field is empty, indicating no bond was ever posted.

That is consistent with other information in the record that states that the case is Off List Until Arrested.

Using the search By Case option will also bring up his prior convictions in Johnson County and the relevant court actions.

They are interesting in that he was given ample opportunities by the court to turn things around. He was unable to do so, resulting in some time locked up to reconsider things.

The 9-27-2012 charge is for Delivery of a Controlled Substance 1-4 grams, a Second Degree Felony. The record is not specific as to the substance or Penalty Group, but the specific charge in the Texas Penal Code is the one used for methamphetamine.

These are so helpful. You're right it's not much in the way of woods. I wonder if he was bleeding because he ran into the fence? Is it barbed wire or electric? It's hard to believe if he is dead out there he didn't lose a shoe or get a piece of clothing tangled in the brush....I would think that would lead quickly to a body. I strongly believe now he will not be found in coke county dead or alive.

IThe court record is also very interesting. We can eliminate my skip tracer or bounty hunter theory I would say at this point since no bond was posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14