TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just read a comment on one of the 911 videos. The commenter said it sounds like BL is saying "______ just screwed someone over" they said the blank is someone's name.

I just read a comment on one of the 911 videos. The commenter said it sounds like BL is saying "______ just screwed someone over" they said the blank is someone's name.

Did they add the name or was it blank like you wrote?
And was it one of the YouTube videos?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did they add the name or was it blank like you wrote?
And was it one of the YouTube videos?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think it's a redact/ edit. I count three. Will post my transcript of the call later today.

So I listened to the 911 call like 50 bajillion times. Finally. I edited what I heard every time I listened.

I get the following (just Brandon's parts):

Yes, I'm in the middle of a field, a scraper just pushed two guys over.
Right here going toward Abilene on both sides.
My truck ran out of gas.
There's one car here, he got chased up /chunked up into to the woods.
Please hurry.
And when I talked to him, I totally ran into him.
Just the first guy.
No, I need the cops.

I am thinking maybe he said scraper, as in, road equipment. And yeah, it could be a redacted version of sta(te troo)per, or slang as in stater, but could it also have been a scraper or a grader for the caliche roads on the Edwards Plateau, that would be maintained off of US 277 for access roads to water wells, wind turbines or oil and gas wells. I do a fair amount of field work in west Texas, heard plenty of the vernacular, and have driven on many scraped/ graded road to get to existing water wells or drill sites for water wells. That's my take.

I tried chasing TxDOT project archives from 2013 but didn't land on anything definitive.

scraper.jpggrader.jpg

This is probably like, no help, but that's all I got.

Where are you, Brandon?

Totally unrelated, but something to file in the brain... That first type of scraper pictured is referred to as a 'pan' or 'pan scraper' by some construction crews.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Did they give the name? Which video is that comment under?

They didn't give a name. I'll look for the video again and let you know.

[video=youtube;FWNPUjeLQNQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWNPUjeLQNQ[/video]

That part where they have it saying "the car got taken through the woods" sounds more like "this guy got chased into the woods" to me. I think people are hearing it as taken through because he pauses slightly when he says it- chased in...to the woods

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I also hear "there's one guy talking to em, pry tellin em I ran into em."
In Texan twang a lot of people shorten probably into "pry".

In the beginning, I can't quite figure out the part that sounds like "stapler", but it seems like he's trying to say a a vehicle pushed a car off the road, chased a guy into the woods and then he ran off into the field to hide. Then he sees the driver, talking to another person and thinks the driver is telling the person that Brandon ran into him. I think when she asks if he needs an ambulance he just mistakenly says yes and then corrects it with "no i need the cops"

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I listened to the 911 call over and over. Having a difficult time interpreting what he is saying. It sounds like he says, "Yes, I'm out here in a field a staper just pulled some guys over". I assume he is referring to a state trooper as others have suggested. To that end, was there any reports of state troopers pulling people over in the area his car was found or any where nearby?

I also get the impression he is under the influence of drugs or he is in such despair he can't effecteilvy get the words out. I can imagine a scenario when you know you're going to die and the stress makes your statements sound incoherent.

I definitely hear another voice answer "yeah" after the operator asks if you need an ambulance as Brandon replies, "no he needs the cops" at the same time. Impossible for him to have said "yeah" as the comment overlapped his reply and it sounded like a different voice.

How would the person that answered "yeah" hear the question if Brandon was on the phone? The "yeah" reply was telling. Sounds of despair and hopelessness in that one response.

I'm not convinced there are gun shots toward the end of the call. To me it sounds like popping of the cell phone mic from wind as he was outside. I would think an audio engineer could figure that out.

I'm not convinced I hear a car pulling up or leaving either at the end when the operator repeats "hello". I noticed the sound is cyclical and gets quieter when the operator speaks. It could be some artifacts of the audio from the phone system. When she spoke the background noise was suppressed creating an impression of a cyclical sound.

What does the family think he was saying on the 911 call? Did they find his speech pattern to be normal? They should know best what he is saying. Had he ever used the word "staper" before?

Just some random thoughts for now. Any thoughts?

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

After further listening, the pops could very well have been gun shots. Hard to tell.

I think I got it now. Left out operator's comments. He says:

"Yes, I'm in the middle of the field, escaped for just pushing guys over. Right here going toward Abaline on both sides. My truck ran out of gas. There's one car here, the guy's taken us to the woods. Please Hurry"

"Because, I'm not talking to him"

"I accidently ran in to him"

"Just(or not/shot) the first guy"

"Yeah" (in different voice!)

"No, I need the cops"

"escaped for pushing guys over" doesn't really make sense but he was obviously under duress.

Could he have skipped some words or jumbled them up?

Did he mean 4 guys pushed him over? Maybe he ran out of gas and somebody helped push his car over off the road? Then maybe something nefarious happened? Just a thought.

My interpretation is he accidentally pushed some guy off the road with his vehicle, who became angry (road rage), a car chase ensued until he ran out of gas and had to run into a field to escape.

I also think the 911 operator blew the questions. With no formal 911 training I would want to know the following information in this order:

1) Where is the emergency at?

If you don't know where it is happening at nothing else the caller tells you really matters.

2) What is the emergency? Do you need assistance now?

3) What's your name?

Yes?

My interpretation is he accidentally pushed some guy off the road with his vehicle, who became angry (road rage), a car chase ensued until he ran out of gas and had to run into a field to escape.

I think that's it. The more I listen to it it makes perfect sense. He was under so much stress he was trying to get out as much information as possible as he knew he was about to die and that's why it sounds kind of incoherent. Poor guy.

He's says he's "in the middle of the field" first to explain where he is at then he changed his stream of thought to why he is in the field where he says "escaped for pushing guys over". So he's saying he pushed guys over likely in his car on the road and now has escaped to the field.

Then he tells her the location and what direction he was travelling, "right hear going toward Abaline on Bronte side." Meaning he is going toward Abaline but hasn't got to Bronte yet. Or he says "both sides" which doesn't make much sense.

He then says why he is there "my truck ran out of gas"

He then gives the reason why he is calling "There's one car here", he's referring to another car not his truck. He then says "guys taking/chasing us to the woods". Why would he say us? Was there another good Samaritan there that was with him and they both got chased in to the woods?

He then says "Please hurry". He obviously was very concerned about his well being and knew he was in danger.

He then interrupts the operator and says "I'm not talking to em". It sounds like he was answering someone else's question not the operator as he spoke before she finished with asking him to "run that by me again". He might have been telling the perpetrator "I'm not talking to em" as in not talking to the police or 911.

He then says "I accidently ran in to em". I don't think he was necessarily talking to the operator here. He may have been pleading with the perpetrator that it was an accident that he ran in to them and not wanting them to hurt him.

He then says "got/just/or shot the first guy". Again I don't know if he was speaking to the operator or someone on the scene. Since he uses the word first that means there are more than one other persons or cars on the scene. I don't think he is saying "shot" otherwise there would be reports of an injured or missing person. I think he says "just the first guy" meaning there were a few cars involved but the people in only one of the cars is presenting him a problem.

She then asks him if he needs the cops. You can clearly hear someone says "yeah" then you hear Brandon say "No I need the cops" The statements almost overlap each other and the "yeah" seems to be different tone of voice and further away. Plus the "yeah" sounds like an exhale, Brandon would have had to take a breath before saying he needed the cops. It has to be someone else. Who though? Maybe the purpotrator talking to someone else? Maybe they were running after Brandon and got to him and said yeah answering another person who may have asked did you find him? If the other person was killed or injured why no other reports?

The rest of the audio sounds like wind noise on the phone, heavy breathing, or possibly gun shots. I do here a faint whisper that some have said sounds like "help me". I'm not sure what I hear.

That's the best I can do interpreting the call and expounding off of others idea. Poor guy, was very scared. I don't think he was under influence of drugs now. He was so panicked he couldn't communicate effectively. I could only imagine.

Had one typo above. The operator asked him if he needed an ambulance not the cops.

Also, he may not have literally ran in to them with his car, it could have just been a close call where he ran them off the road on accident evem though he days he ran in to em.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member