TX - Cash Gernon, 4, found dead in street w/multiple wounds, Dallas, 15 May 2021 #2 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"‘Sorry For Trying To Take Your Grandchild’, Suspect In Cash Gernon Homicide Grabbed Sleeping 2-Year-Old In February – CBS Dallas / Fort Worth" 'Sorry For Trying To Take Your Grandchild', Suspect In Cash Gernon Homicide Grabbed Sleeping 2-Year-Old In February Whoa. This just gets crazier.
OMG. So DB has had this desire to take a child for a longer time? I mean it wasn't just a spur of the moment impulse and not only directed at one twin? Does this prior act support premeditation?

Injury to ___ Charge?
Is it possible that the Injury to Child charge is regarding the other twin Carter, and not the murdered twin Cash? Is it Injury to touch the child while he sleeps during the commission of Burglary of Habitation With Intent to Commit Other Felony?
BTW they have now added additional bail amounts totalling $1,625,000.
Dallas County Online Jail Search
Kidnap 750,000
1 Burglary/Int 750,000
2 Burglary/Int 75,000
Injury to Child 50,000
Hold/Kidnapping 00
@SandyQLS. Good Question. bbm Maybe I've missed something/not caught up on today's news. but I'll jump in anyway.
DB "now faces two more charges. One of the charges details another incident involving a 2-year-old girl in February of this year, according to an arrest affidavit."* bbm
At first glance. imo, looks like injury to child may relate to 2 y/o girl in Feb incident.
Could be wrong. my2ct.
{{ETA: Oops, reread article, charge could be for punching G'pa of 2 y/o:
"Brown allegedly punched the man in the face then fled out the back door."*}}

* 'Sorry For Trying To Take Your Grandchild', Suspect In Cash Gernon Homicide Grabbed Sleeping 2-Year-Old In February

Last edited:
"‘Sorry For Trying To Take Your Grandchild’, Suspect In Cash Gernon Homicide Grabbed Sleeping 2-Year-Old In February – CBS Dallas / Fort Worth" 'Sorry For Trying To Take Your Grandchild', Suspect In Cash Gernon Homicide Grabbed Sleeping 2-Year-Old In February Whoa. This just gets crazier.

And now we know why he has a 2nd burglary of a habitation with intent to commit a felony and injury to a child.
He should have an injury to elderly person for hitting the grandpa in his attempt to take the 2 year old.

His bond is now at $1.625 million.

Attachments

• E66E065C-220B-4A5D-8DF7-84AC44F58D00.png
    E66E065C-220B-4A5D-8DF7-84AC44F58D00.png
    241 KB · Views: 12
Suspect accused of kidnapping 4-year-old Cash Gernon faces charges in incident involving 2-year-old girl

An affidavit says that a man confronted Brown after he allegedly came into his home and began going through rooms and closets. The man told police that he picked up a kitchen knife and told Brown to leave, eventually forcing him out. But, the affidavit says, Brown came back and began kicking a door between the garage and the home.

When the homeowner opened the door, Brown allegedly came into the house and punched him in the forehead.

At that point, according to the affidavit, Brown went into the living room where the homeowner’s 2-year-old granddaughter was sleeping and picked her her up, heading toward the laundry room in the back of the house. He ignored the grandfather’s demands to put the girl down, so the homeowner took the girl out of Brown’s arms and put her back on the sofa in the living room.

more at link

I cannot believe that what this person claims is true. Why on earth would someone not report an attempted abduction of a child? MOO

FWIW, I did hear an unsourced claim many days ago about him assaulting another little child, a little girl earlier this year. Now that he has a real pending charge for a similar matter in similar time frame, I wouldn’t make any hasty assumptions about it being false or assume no one brought it to the attention of any authority.

if I lived in this community I’d be livid about even the apparent police shoulder-shrugging at the *minor*crimes like property damage and threatened assault. If law enforcement in the area blew this off, I’d be wanting some accountability. I don’t know what they did or didn’t do, but I want to know what they did or didn’t do.

snipped

I hope so, but my faith is no longer strong that facts are enough to stop people from believing and spreading false conspiracies.

jmo

What are the conspiracies? Speaking for myself, but I don't deny facts. I know the law. Kidnapping doesn't equate to murder. That's a fact.

Is the theory that DB murdered Cash, left him in the street, and came back the next morning, conveniently stepped right in front of the camera without doing anything, and left - all alone? He did this all by himself? It's not what happened. That sounds like a conspiracy. Or a set up. All I've heard from DB's mom is that her son is being framed. Some have said that's "denial". Maybe. Or she's being honest. I don't know these people personally. WS is victim friendly. This is a tragedy for DB's mom too. So to say, oh she's just in denial. Come on. Who is supposed to speak for DB if not his mom? She didn't stay silent. She outright said he's being framed. Maybe she truly believes it. And unfortunately, facts aren't enough to stop people from spreading conspiracies and believing lies. For me, they are.

Last edited:
And now we know why he has a 2nd burglary of a habitation with intent to commit a felony and injury to a child.
He should have an injury to elderly person for hitting the grandpa in his attempt to take the 2 year old.

His bond is now at $1.625 million.

the charge is "injury to a child / elder / handicapped" i assumed the charge was related to assaulting the gpa. idk why no attempted kidnapping tho

Also the affidavit places the incident on Feb 8, 2021. I had been looking for an incident report related to Darriynn Brown on that date without success, either because there was no incident or it was removed from the database. The affidavit linked at the news source above, notes:
“The homeowner had decided at the time not to press charges, but told detectives after Cash Gernon was found dead and Brown arrested that he had changed his mind.”

Bloody Clothing?
We have not heard a peep about finding bloody clothing , to me thats unusual , especially if a knife was found and where it was found is an important tidbit IMO
@sloane7777 bbm Yes, seems there's bloody clothing somewhere, belonging to person - DB and/or whoever - who used an "edged weapon" (per LE's first media release) on the child.
Iirc, MSM (no link) said LE taped off path/scene into wooded area. Possible that the person cutting Cash left bloody clothing and/or other evd there. From some MSM pix, LE could have collected bloody clothing there, w'out MSM being able to capture photos.
Also possible that the perp simply wore same clothing back to home/friend's house, left it there, maybe/maybe not washing it. LE may have searched w warrant & collected evd. Or perp may have changed out of that clothing and tossed in alley or dumpster. LE may or may not have collected.
If LE has collected bloody clothing, likely imo, or at least possible that lab work is not completed, to link to identified or unidentified subject.
But even if lab results are already completed, not unusual or surprising me that LE is silent on this matter. No need for LE to release that info imo. my2ct.

Well... it looks like I got an answer to my question upthread on what the February incident was about.

Hard to believe he'd be so brazen as to kick in a door, punch the guy, and try to walk out with his granddaughter right in front of the guy! Even harder to believe the grandfather didn't press charges at that time. I mean... HELLO!! That's not small beans there.

Yep, something is definitely off with dude.

Injury to Child Charge?
@SandyQLS. Good Question. bbm Maybe I've missed something/not caught up on today's news. but I'll jump in anyway.
DB "now faces two more charges. One of the charges details another incident involving a 2-year-old girl in February of this year, according to an arrest affidavit."* bbm
At first glance. imo, looks like injury to child may relate to 2 y/o girl in Feb incident.
Could be wrong. my2ct.

* 'Sorry For Trying To Take Your Grandchild', Suspect In Cash Gernon Homicide Grabbed Sleeping 2-Year-Old In February
I think you are correct, thanks! I posted right before this new incident was reported.

DB's warrant numbers are listed here:
F2175848, F2175850 are the Kidnapping and 1 Burglary.
F2175907, F2175908 are the new 2 Burglary and Injury/Child, Elderly, Disabled.

F = felony
M = misdemeanor
DB's April misdemeanor case is M2155422.

The misdemeanor and first two felony charges have documents that can be found and read in the following Dallas County Court link. But it seems to only be updated through 5/25 as of now, so today's 5/27 two new felony case numbers for DB do not exist yet.

https://obpublicaccess.dallascounty.org/PublicAccessEP1/CriminalCourts/

I hope it updates before the long weekend. Thanks again to @MoeInVA for finding that court link.

Last edited:
Why would you decide not to press charges on such a serious crime against you and your family ?
When I saw rumors of this a week ago I was like, didn’t happen, no way they wouldn’t press charges. Now I’m like, so Cash’s death could have been prevented by so many people in so many ways. This baby was so failed.

Here's the penal code for Injury to a child, elderly individual, or disabled individual for the state of Texas:

Sec. 22.04. INJURY TO A CHILD, ELDERLY INDIVIDUAL, OR DISABLED INDIVIDUAL. (a) A person commits an offense if he intentionally, knowingly, recklessly, or with criminal negligence, by act or intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly by omission, causes to a child, elderly individual, or disabled individual:

(1) serious bodily injury;

(2) serious mental deficiency, impairment, or injury; or

(3) bodily injury.

PENAL CODE CHAPTER 22. ASSAULTIVE OFFENSES

Why would you decide not to press charges on such a serious crime against you and your family ?

I’d to hear from the source, but if it’s fair to speculate, if law enforcement was called by anyone, that he was pointedly given an option or even actively discouraged from pressing charges. That behavior by Brown as described is bizarre enough to suggest mental illness, and considering his youth and his issues it was viewed with some “mercy” (in the end merciful to no one, not even Brown) as a psychiatric or mental handicap issue, with him taken away and restored to his folks and treatment, sufficing. Not to mention the headache and expense along with guilty feelings for throwing a mentally off kid in jail.

Does that seem plausible? I hope the person speaks out about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces