TX - Cash Gernon, 4, found dead in street w/multiple wounds, Dallas, 15 May 2021 #2 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe it’s the time police were dispatched to where Cash was found.
I’m guessing maybe this report + the burglary report with same dispatch time were entered after the fact ?

That’s the only thing that makes sense to me with all 3 reports having the exact same dispatch time. moo

Yes, it’ll be interesting to find out more about the stolen hand gun. Was it reported stolen to Bogata Police by a resident or was it a stolen gun belonging to Bogata Police department? More questions than answers. Moo

Another thing I noticed on the police reports when I put Bayberry Lane without a street number.

So. many. car. break-ins.
Thanks for your thoughts on this as it helps to make sense of the report info. Also, thanks for the update on the multiple car break ins on Bayberry Lane. The decision to not prosecute crimes below a certain dollar value doesn't take into account stopping or slowing someone down on an escalating crime trajectory. Maybe if he faced charges for all the "petty" crimes then he wouldn't have had the opportunity to escalate to a horribly vile, violent crime.

Appears it's an approximately 7 min walk to where Cash was found. That's a long time to be walking during commuting time carrying a bloody dead/dying child. The other thing I find odd is why leave him there of all places? Especially when there's a wooded park directly across the street from where Cash was living. That doesn't make sense. I wonder what his reason for doing that was? Especially when he risked getting caught going that way, versus being able to go unseen in the park had he done that instead. Plus, it would have given him more time to take the twin without anyone tipped off that something bad was goin' down in the hood (as it was by the jogger). Odd....

Google Maps

Thanks for your thoughts on this as it helps to make sense of the report info. Also, thanks for the update on the multiple car break ins on Bayberry Lane. The decision to not prosecute crimes below a certain dollar value doesn't take into account stopping or slowing someone down on an escalating crime trajectory. Maybe if he faced charges for all the "petty" crimes then he wouldn't have had the opportunity to escalate to a horribly vile, violent crime.

Yes, completely agree with you regarding the DA’s office not prosecuting certain crimes leading to more crime and escalation.
Criminal trespass is another one of the crimes the DA’s office won’t prosecute unless it meets certain criteria.
This could explain why nothing was done when calls were made to report Darriynn trespassing in yards & driveways. moo

I don’t know how I missed this devastating case. What a sad and tragic loss. I can’t help but feel so much sadness for Cash and his twin brother. I’m sad for all he went through in his last hours. I’m thankful this monster did not take his brother. It’s tragic to hear about the fighting in the family and how the caregiver is being treated. It doesn’t sound like the boys were in an ideal situation with any of them IMO; however, the blame should be on the monster who stalked (IMO) and allegedly killed this sweet baby boy. I will never forget Cash and his sweet smile or his brother who will have to deal with his loss for the rest of his life.

Does anyone remember when MS told him that she did not want him around her house?

BBM apparently 2 days prior to the murder, so on May 13.

Inside the bedroom where four-year-old Cash Gernon was snatched from his bed | Daily Mail Online

“Sherrod revealed Brown, whom she described as an acquaintance of one of her sons, had visited the house two days earlier and interacted with Cash while she was out, which angered her at the time.

'I told him don't come back around my kids. I don't want you,' she said.

'I was out grocery shopping when he was here. I'd left the twins with my boys and daughter. He was only here a short time. Emily said he creeped her out. I got upset with them.' “

Inside the bedroom where four-year-old Cash Gernon was snatched from his bed | Daily Mail Online

“Sherrod revealed Brown, whom she described as an acquaintance of one of her sons, had visited the house two days earlier and interacted with Cash while she was out, which angered her at the time.

'I was out grocery shopping when he was here. I'd left the twins with my boys and daughter. He was only here a short time. Emily said he creeped her out. I got upset with them.' “

Sounds like Emily was on to something. I wonder what her son has to say about all this considering DB was an acquaintance of his.

I posted upthread that I thought this might be retaliation. Now I'm wondering if it wasn't that at all, and he had planned this before, which was why he was at the house 2 days before interacting with Cash.

Several years ago when my child was the same age as Cash, my teenage stepson who was schizophrenic was bringing strangers to the house.... people he met on the street. It was very worrisome and I put an end to it promptly. I felt very insecure.
So if Sherrod did tell DB not to come back, then she was exhibiting protective behavior over the children. I definitely remember the anger and fear of having that element in my house at the time.

This article states Cash was found on the sidewalk, not in the road... “Cops say Cash had been snatched from the home of his father's ex-girlfriend Monica Sherrod in the early hours of May 15 before he was left bleeding out on a sidewalk.”

Also, it appears none of the “several” calls to police detailed here showed DB working in conjunction with anyone else when he was casing houses and breaking surveillance cameras and trying car doors. So why would we assume the guy who stalked the neighborhood alone at night had an accomplice this time? Police state they expect to charge him with murder once forensic tests are done because presumably there is no evidence pointing to anyone but DB.
Neighbors of Cash Gernon say they reported 'killer' Darriynn Brown to police before 4 year old died | Daily Mail Online
I don't think that article is correct about him being found on the sidewalk. The woman who found him said she had to protect him from passing cars, IIRC. Maybe it was just a car pulling out of their driveway? But she seemed to be saying he was in the road.

“'The closer I get to it, I can tell it’s a human because I see hands… and I see legs,' said Antwainese Square, who later called 911. 'To see a child covered in blood in the middle of the street? It’s truly traumatizing.'”

Medical Examiner: 4-Year-Old Cash Gernon Died Of Multiple Stab Wounds When Found In Dallas Street

I still can't forget how it was said that a relative of the child came out, looked at the dead child then headed back to their home. But then it was hrs later that he was reported missing. I don't know how to pull the original post over from thread one,or the news article as there is a paywall. Sorry.
There was also an interview posted here with the 17 yr old son of Monica---and he said that he went out looking for the missing child that morning, before they reported him missing. Could he have come across the police tape and asked to identify him?

<modsnip> I’m surprised MS didn’t mention in the interview he was arrested at her house previously.

Last edited by a moderator:
If it's true that DB was barred from MS's home, then I feel like he did something there or somewhere else that she didn't like and that's why she didn't want him coming there anymore, thus her getting angry at him being in her home two days prior to Cash's murder.

Maybe he didn't do anything directly to her or her kids, this guy was doing all sorts of stupid things around the neighborhood and making everyone angry. He was trashing stuff, breaking into cars/houses, threatening people. Of course she wouldn't want him around her kids or in her house. It makes sense.

I'm sure she's not telling everything about the "relationship" with DB, but I don't think she or her children are at fault here. I think she's not telling some details that would make her look bad. But she didn't kill or caused Cash's death, so...

Honestly, this was bound to happen sooner or later. The way I see it, DB was out of control. People complained and not much was done. He was arrested before, etc. It was only a matter of time until he hurt someone. Poor Cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces