TX - Cash Gernon, 4, found dead in street w/multiple wounds, Dallas, 15 May 2021 #2 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's possible little Cash struggled out of the woods to find help and made it as far as the road before collapsing.

Or, if DB placed him there, it's likely it wasn't for a reason any of us would understand as his mind doesn't work in a rational way, imo.

jmo
I might could buy that Cash made it to the street before dying, but, I can not explain the blanket over him. There is no way, IMO that Cash covered himself up in the middle of the street just before dying.

Dallas News article with more details from the neighborhood meeting last night:

~snip~
Brown is jailed on suspicion of kidnapping and burglary. Lt. Carrie Wise told more than 100 community residents who demanded answers Monday that police will bring a capital murder charge against Brown, too, once they get forensic evidence back in two or three weeks. Chief Eddie García was also there to answer residents’ questions.
“There is no doubt who took him, and as soon as I get the lab report back there will be no doubt who killed him,” Wise said during a community meeting hosted by City Council member Casey Thomas at the Park in the Woods Recreation Center.

The video shows the intruder return about 7:30 a.m. He lifted the blanket and Cash’s twin moved. The man walked around the room before leaving.

“God’s grace saved” the brother, Wise said.

Police also sought to dispel rumors about the case. Brown is the only person police believe was responsible for the killing, Wise said, referring to incorrect speculation that a second person was involved. There were also rumors that Brown was wearing an ankle monitor, but they were wrong, Wise said. Brown was previously arrested on a charge of evading police, but he had been freed from jail on a personal recognizance bond, and an ankle monitor was not a condition of his release, she said.

Brown knew the child’s caregiver, Monica Sherrod, and her teenage son, Wise said. Brown broke into the house through a back door near the boys’ bedroom while the rest of the occupants of the house slept on the other side of the house, Wise said.
~snip~
Residents wanted to know how Cash and his brother ended up in the house without either of their biological parents. Asked whether anyone else responsible for the kids faces charges related to Cash, Wise said no.
~snip~
Residents and police were upset Sherrod gave the home surveillance video to the Daily Mail and asked whether Sherrod could be arrested. Wise said she asked a Dallas County prosecutor what Sherrod could be charged with. Wise did not repeat what the prosecutor said, but Sherrod has not been arrested. Sherrod could not be reached for comment Tuesday.

Video shows 4-year-old Cash Gernon taken from his bed before killing

Defense Arguments?
@alwaysonmymind Thanks for link & quote below w sbm & rbm. Not directing my post to you, but jumping off re Dallas officials' actions at meeting held to calm frayed nerves of neighborhood residents. I realize LE has vid of perp inside house abducting the child and tons of other evd (being) processed.

Seems w these kinds of assurances (in red below), def atty can make a better, classic LE-Rushed-to-Judgment argument --- LE just focused on DB, not the real perp, who masterminded the whole thing and LE did not look for evd of any other participant. The meeting was merely political publicity for City Council member hosting it and for Chief of Police, blah, blah, blah.
I just hope anyone involved in the poor child's death will be prosecuted & convicted.

... the neighborhood meeting:..."Brown is jailed on suspicion of kidnapping and burglary. Lt. Carrie Wise told ... police will bring a capital murder charge against Brown, too, once they get forensic evidence back in two or three weeks. Chief Eddie García was also there ...
“There is no doubt who took him, and as soon as I get the lab report back there will be no doubt who killed him,” Wise said during a community meeting hosted by City Council member Casey Thomas...
Brown is the only person police believe was responsible for the killing, Wise said, referring to incorrect speculation that a second person was involved...
Brown broke into the house through a back door near the boys’ bedroom while the rest of the occupants of the house slept ... Wise said...." Video shows 4-year-old Cash Gernon taken from his bed before killing

Use a computer. lol

What I find odd about this if this is true... is why wasn't Cash simply left wherever this might have happened down the trail? It would have taken longer to find him for one. But why carry/drag him back to the sidewalk? 1) he could have been seen carrying him, and 2) that would really bloody up his clothes. My mind doesn't do 'crazy' very well so I can't come up with a reason for him to do that.
I have thought about this as well. I wonder if he was trying to take Cash back to his (Brown's) house but there were people out so he just dropped Cash where he was and ran.

Dallas News article with more details from the neighborhood meeting last night:

~snip~
Brown is jailed on suspicion of kidnapping and burglary. Lt. Carrie Wise told more than 100 community residents who demanded answers Monday that police will bring a capital murder charge against Brown, too, once they get forensic evidence back in two or three weeks. Chief Eddie García was also there to answer residents’ questions.
“There is no doubt who took him, and as soon as I get the lab report back there will be no doubt who killed him,” Wise said during a community meeting hosted by City Council member Casey Thomas at the Park in the Woods Recreation Center.

The video shows the intruder return about 7:30 a.m. He lifted the blanket and Cash’s twin moved. The man walked around the room before leaving.

“God’s grace saved” the brother, Wise said.

Police also sought to dispel rumors about the case. Brown is the only person police believe was responsible for the killing, Wise said, referring to incorrect speculation that a second person was involved. There were also rumors that Brown was wearing an ankle monitor, but they were wrong, Wise said. Brown was previously arrested on a charge of evading police, but he had been freed from jail on a personal recognizance bond, and an ankle monitor was not a condition of his release, she said.

Brown knew the child’s caregiver, Monica Sherrod, and her teenage son, Wise said. Brown broke into the house through a back door near the boys’ bedroom while the rest of the occupants of the house slept on the other side of the house, Wise said.
~snip~
Residents wanted to know how Cash and his brother ended up in the house without either of their biological parents. Asked whether anyone else responsible for the kids faces charges related to Cash, Wise said no.
~snip~
Residents and police were upset Sherrod gave the home surveillance video to the Daily Mail and asked whether Sherrod could be arrested. Wise said she asked a Dallas County prosecutor what Sherrod could be charged with. Wise did not repeat what the prosecutor said, but Sherrod has not been arrested. Sherrod could not be reached for comment Tuesday.

Video shows 4-year-old Cash Gernon taken from his bed before killing

Well, hallelujah. Straight from the horses mouth. Maybe now we can stop accusing innocent teenagers and focus the blame on the one very criminal teenager who murdered this child.

Well, hallelujah. Straight from the horses mouth. Maybe now we can stop accusing innocent teenagers and focus the blame on the one very criminal teenager who murdered this child.

The problem here is the horse's mouth has been very voluble without conclusive evidence and that can present a problem in court if DB has a really good attorney. There are assurances that shouldn't be made in this fashion; I am not saying DB isn't guilty, but rather that a good defense attorney can take this to court and use it in his favor.

This article states Cash was found on the sidewalk, not in the road... “Cops say Cash had been snatched from the home of his father's ex-girlfriend Monica Sherrod in the early hours of May 15 before he was left bleeding out on a sidewalk.”

Also, it appears none of the “several” calls to police detailed here showed DB working in conjunction with anyone else when he was casing houses and breaking surveillance cameras and trying car doors. So why would we assume the guy who stalked the neighborhood alone at night had an accomplice this time? Police state they expect to charge him with murder once forensic tests are done because presumably there is no evidence pointing to anyone but DB.
Neighbors of Cash Gernon say they reported 'killer' Darriynn Brown to police before 4 year old died | Daily Mail Online

Something just dawned on me about the blanket that was covering him. It was stated by the person that found him "At one point, the blanket covering him fell off and she saw blood and what appeared to be bite marks on his face."

Wait! What?!? What blanket?!?!?!? :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: He was NOT taken with a blanket, just his jammies! At least from what I saw. Did anyone else see a blanket with him when he was carried away? If not....

Where did the blanket come from??
Did DB bring a blanket with him in his backpack? Did he leave a blanket out on the trail for when he came back with a child for whatever his reasons were? I'm confused how a child could be abducted with only what I believe were his jammies, later to be found covered up with a blanket. The person who found him didn't cover him. I doubt anyone else covered him and then didn't call the police to report it. That leaves DB having a blanket with him.

Sorry if this has already been discussed. I did a search of both threads for the word blanket and didn't see anyone question this. Apologize if I missed it.

4-year-old found dead in Dallas street: Video shows boy taken from bed
How does a blanket “fall off” a non-moving person lying on the ground? Something has to move it and we’re lead to believe Cash was deceased at this point.

Following the evidence is not the same as rushing to judgement.

LE followed the evidence left behind by the perp. It was a rather fast arrest because it wasn't hard to figure out from the evidence.

LE has stated that more charges are expected when forensic evidence reports are complete.

jmo

How does a blanket “fall off” a non-moving person lying on the ground? Something has to move it and we’re lead to believe Cash was deceased at this point.

Poor Cash was likely covered with a blanket by first responders. I would assume the onlooker saw his face when someone else like the coroner came to the scene and the blanket was moved/removed. Horrible to even imagine.

What I find odd about this if this is true... is why wasn't Cash simply left wherever this might have happened down the trail? It would have taken longer to find him for one. But why carry/drag him back to the sidewalk? 1) he could have been seen carrying him, and 2) that would really bloody up his clothes. My mind doesn't do 'crazy' very well so I can't come up with a reason for him to do that.

i wondered if he didnt flee there. but then wouldnt he have been crying? #heartbroken[/QUOTE]

I think DB wanted Cash to be found so his handy work would be on display for all to see. He clearly enjoys what he’s been doing. He’s also a “watcher”. I think he takes great pleasure in creating chaos and then watching the result. He’s been terrorizing the neighbourhood for a while and clearly escalating and getting more brazen. I think he wanted to be noticed and all of this activity was feeding his ego.

I’d like to know where DB was while all this activity was taking place. Was he watching LE and hanging around or was he chilling at home. I have a gut feeling he was watching.

ALL MOO and just thinking out loud.

Poor Cash was likely covered with a blanket by first responders. I would assume the onlooker saw his face when someone else like the coroner came to the scene and the blanket was moved/removed. Horrible to even imagine.
Right. I think when we see the arrest docs, we will learn that there was no blanket until first responders arrived.

I don't recall the initial witness mentioning a blanket. Correct me if I'm wrong. She thought it was a dog at first, until closer inspection. She was descriptive, but I don't recall her describing a blanket being there.

jmo

This article states Cash was found on the sidewalk, not in the road... “Cops say Cash had been snatched from the home of his father's ex-girlfriend Monica Sherrod in the early hours of May 15 before he was left bleeding out on a sidewalk.”

Also, it appears none of the “several” calls to police detailed here showed DB working in conjunction with anyone else when he was casing houses and breaking surveillance cameras and trying car doors. So why would we assume the guy who stalked the neighborhood alone at night had an accomplice this time? Police state they expect to charge him with murder once forensic tests are done because presumably there is no evidence pointing to anyone but DB.
Neighbors of Cash Gernon say they reported 'killer' Darriynn Brown to police before 4 year old died | Daily Mail Online

'He was on his back in the roadway. I remember one arm and one leg out. And the reason why I remember the arm and leg is because when I was walking up from afar, that was the determination of me knowing, OK this is a human. This is not a dog, this is a human being.
Dallas woman recalls harrowing moment she found Cash Gernon's body covered in ants | Daily Mail Online

The gal that found him said he was in the road.

This article details how she found Cash that morning while on a walk. She also appeared on Fox News this morning detailing some of the information and how it has affected her.

I could not find video of that interview but some of the info is detailed here.
Dallas woman recalls harrowing moment she found Cash Gernon's body covered in ants | Daily Mail Online
For those (like me) who don't want to rely on the DailyMail for accurate information, here's another news source with the info about the intial finding:

“'The closer I get to it, I can tell it’s a human because I see hands… and I see legs,' said Antwainese Square, who later called 911. 'To see a child covered in blood in the middle of the street? It’s truly traumatizing.'”

Medical Examiner: 4-Year-Old Cash Gernon Died Of Multiple Stab Wounds When Found In Dallas Street

Still think there may be more involvement and never thought that involvement included a teenager, and did we determine which house the knife and tissue were found in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucysmom20