TX - Cash Gernon, 4, found dead in street w/multiple wounds, Dallas, 15 May 2021 #2 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ABC video:

Those look like the same shoes to me, in the video from a month prior. Hood up, mask on, while trying car doors?

This guy definitely knows right from wrong and doesn't want to get caught.

Oh wow, good catch on the kicks (shoes)

I believe you are correct. I’m also thinking those are Adidas. I have Adidas running shoes and those stripes on the side are like their signature design. moo

WFAA news article about the neighborhood meeting last night.
I’m wondering if the reason police didn’t respond has anything to do with the District Attorneys decision to not prosecute certain crimes. Example: theft cases under $750 are no longer being prosecuted.
There are other crimes they no longer prosecute as well. Since the DA’s office won’t prosecute, Dallas PD no longer answers the calls.

~snip~
A few other neighbors said during the meeting that they reported Brown to the police several times and had no follow-ups on their calls before Gernon was killed.

One neighbor shared a video with WFAA of a man who appears to be Brown on April 19, checking on door handles in his driveway to see if they're unlocked.

In another security still from that night, a clearer photo of Brown is shown as he's in the process of breaking a home surveillance camera, the man said.
~snip~ Neighbor says he previously reported suspect in child's death | wfaa.com

I’m wondering if the reason police didn’t respond has anything to do with the District Attorneys decision to not prosecute certain crimes. Example: theft cases under $750 are no longer being prosecuted.
There are other crimes they no longer prosecute as well. Since the DA’s office won’t prosecute, Dallas PD no longer answers the calls.

~snip~
A few other neighbors said during the meeting that they reported Brown to the police several times and had no follow-ups on their calls before Gernon was killed.

One neighbor shared a video with WFAA of a man who appears to be Brown on April 19, checking on door handles in his driveway to see if they're unlocked.

In another security still from that night, a clearer photo of Brown is shown as he's in the process of breaking a home surveillance camera, the man said.
Thanks for this info.

Yall do realize that MSM reported that several people had already reported Darriynn for threatening people and breaking ring cameras with a hammer, right?!?! And his own mom didn't hear him sneaking out to terrorize the neighborhood for months?!?! I really do not understand the confusion! Or why people refuse to believe what 1. The police have said/ who they arrested arrested 2. Actual video of the kidnapping!!! Thank God Monica had an interior camera he didn't know about. I feel confident I know why he was breaking the ring cameras now.

I don't know enough about mental health, or DB's state of mind, or how much he can distinguish between right and wrong.

What I do think I see is escalation. Breaking cameras, making threats, peering over the neighbor's gate, leading him eventually to the boys' bedroom, working himself up to steal Cash.

I still don't know enough about his condition to know if it was some kind of compulsion to take the boy, or sudden psychotic break, but it does feel to me that he was climbing from neighborhood nuisance to kidnap and murder. Maybe LE will find exculpatory evidence and eliminate him as the murder suspect, but I believe for now that he is the sole culprit. Just connecting the dots.

The family had deep and disturbing issues, sure, but to me what happened to Cash is solely due to DB. Time will tell.

I was rewatching news coverage from the day Cash was found.
From this video:
~DPD mounted unit called in to search wooded area
~DPD bike unit called in to search wooded area
~FBI evidence recovery team called in to assist DPD with processing crime scenes and gathering evidence
~FBI gathering digital evidence

Originally I was thinking he might have mental issues that distort reality... based on the fact his mom said he was receiving care for mental health. I'd seen a lot of posts here assuming he might be talking to himself and hearing voices, and I thought his face showed either flat affect (common with some mental illness) or indifference. Obviously we can't diagnose specific conditions and shouldn't try. But now, I'm thinking more that he's someone with no conscience, no empathy — because I see planning for specific activities based on the way he clothes himself. Now I'm beginning to wonder if he planned to kill both boys as revenge, because MS was mad her kids let him in to hang out while she was gone at the grocery store.
I have to question why exactly was she mad at her kids,and just exactly what she meant by DB interacting acting with the littles? So many unanswered questions. MOO

~snip~

DB’s parent’s do not question what he’s doing out in the middle of the night?
Or don’t know? If he’s not working or going to school? There’s no shortage of jobs here for someone starting out in the workplace.

From this video:
~FBI evidence recovery team called in to assist DPD with processing crime scenes and gathering evidence
Yes, they were in the trail immediately, which makes me think there was an evidence trail that led them there.

jmo

From this video:

In that video, police are quoted as saying they believe Cash was murdered by a single individual.

ETA: So it doesn't sound like they also have someone else under investigation as an accomplice, which I'd seen people speculate about.

Forgive me Y'all I am having a terrible time with my phone posting

Use a computer. lol
Yes, they were in the trail immediately, which makes me think there was an evidence trail that led them there.

jmo

What I find odd about this if this is true... is why wasn't Cash simply left wherever this might have happened down the trail? It would have taken longer to find him for one. But why carry/drag him back to the sidewalk? 1) he could have been seen carrying him, and 2) that would really bloody up his clothes. My mind doesn't do 'crazy' very well so I can't come up with a reason for him to do that.

Use a computer. lol

What I find odd about this if this is true... is why wasn't Cash simply left wherever this might have happened down the trail? It would have taken longer to find him for one. But why carry/drag him back to the sidewalk? 1) he could have been seen carrying him, and 2) that would really bloody up his clothes. My mind doesn't do 'crazy' very well so I can't come up with a reason for him to do that.
It's possible little Cash struggled out of the woods to find help and made it as far as the road before collapsing.

Or, if DB placed him there, it's likely it wasn't for a reason any of us would understand as his mind doesn't work in a rational way, imo.

jmo

It's possible little Cash struggled out of the woods to find help and made it as far as the road before collapsing.

Or, if DB placed him there, it's likely it wasn't for a reason any of us would understand as his mind doesn't work in a rational way, imo.

jmo

I don't want to believe that little guy suffered any more than we already know. Everything about this story is a tragedy.

Wow. That really made me think of all the times I sat up because of a noise, just to lay back down when it didn't repeat. I have to add that I don't think the second noise needs to be loud as you state. It just needs to be there when you're alert and listening for a repeat of the noise that woke you.

I'm not gonna sleep well tonight. lol :eek:
my husband jumps out of bed and grabs a bat w any loud noise or repeated noise of any kind and investigates....and i always tell him to calm down, guess i wont anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper