TX - Cash Gernon, 4, found dead in street w/multiple wounds, Dallas, 15 May 2021 #2 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody Heard Anything?
@BetzC bbm sbm Thanks for your post. Monica S's teen son gave vid tour,* showing how (he says) kidnapper got in & made his way to twin's room.
Agreeing w you. Imo, likely someone inside would have heard something from the break-in, either:
1. Pedestrian door from garage into kitchen kitchen.
Teen son said: Ped. door from garage to house was kicked in or tampered with.
2. Garage's roll-up vehicle door.
Teen son said lock on garage's vehicle door is broken so they chain it to lock it closed. W. what I saw of door's condition, seems likely, opening it would be a loud, squeaky, rattley operation.

Could occupants miss noise from both ped door kick-in/tampering and roll-up vehicle door being opened by kidnapper? Maybe, IDK. my2ct.
I saw in Cashs room, there is a window unit style air conditioner. I have central AC, but my son runs a fan in his room. I can call for him as loud as I can and he can't hear me. He is only 2 rooms down. I definitely think it is possible no one heard.

Additionally, I once watched a guy who was a predator. He said you can make noise one time. No one gets up if they hear noise once. They listen and then just write it off. You just can't make a loud noise a second time. I think about that a lot.

My hunch is Dallas LE is awaiting the full autopsy report before murder charges against DB are filed, though that is just my guess.

"Autopsies usually take two to four hours to perform. Preliminary results can be released within 24 hours, but the full results of an autopsy may take up to six weeks to prepare."
My hunch is Dallas LE is awaiting the full autopsy report before murder charges against DB are filed, though that is just my guess.

"Autopsies usually take two to four hours to perform. Preliminary results can be released within 24 hours, but the full results of an autopsy may take up to six weeks to prepare."

Things To Know - Autopsy 101 | Post Mortem | FRONTLINE | PBS.

bbm

Things To Know - Autopsy 101 | Post Mortem | FRONTLINE | PBS.

bbm

Thank you for this post

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw in Cashs room, there is a window unit style air conditioner. I have central AC, but my son runs a fan in his room. I can call for him as loud as I can and he can't hear me. He is only 2 rooms down. I definitely think it is possible no one heard.

Additionally, I once watched a guy who was a predator. He said you can make noise one time. No one gets up if they hear noise once. They listen and then just write it off. You just can't make a loud noise a second time. I think about that a lot.

Wow. That really made me think of all the times I sat up because of a noise, just to lay back down when it didn't repeat. I have to add that I don't think the second noise needs to be loud as you state. It just needs to be there when you're alert and listening for a repeat of the noise that woke you.

I'm not gonna sleep well tonight. lol :eek:

Noises?
@mpnola bbm Thanks for your post w two good points re others in house hearing noises. Or not hearing.
1. Fan in twins' room. In one pic, looked like a ceiling fan, almost above the bed was running, so yes, maybe muffled noise the kidnapper caused in that room. Would that also muffle the break-in noise from kicking in ped door and that wobbly looking garage door? Maybe, IDK.
2. Second loud noise. Well, if there was no second loud noise, could explain non-response from others in house.

Thanks for prompting me to consider other possibilities.:) my2ct.

The family feud over the kidnapping and killing of 4-year-old Cash Gernon has gotten so acrimonious that his parents are now fighting over the funeral.

The boy’s father, Trevor Gernon, who left Cash and his twin Carter with a friend for weeks before the slaying, wants to pay his respects before he turns himself in to police on outstanding drug charges, his sister told The Daily Beast.

“My brother wants to just say goodbye to his son and put him to rest, and this has just been really difficult to figure out,” Ashlee Marcoux said in a phone interview.

Kidnapped Boy Cash Gernon’s Family Is Now Fighting Over His Funeral

This is the 3rd source I've seen saying the twins were only there for a few weeks
Nobody Heard Anything?
@BetzC bbm sbm Thanks for your post. Monica S's teen son gave vid tour,* showing how (he says) kidnapper got in & made his way to twin's room.
Agreeing w you. Imo, likely someone inside would have heard something from the break-in, either:
Teen son said lock on garage's vehicle door is broken so they chain it to lock it closed. W. what I saw of door's condition, seems likely, opening it would be a loud, squeaky, rattley operation.

Could occupants miss noise from both ped door kick-in/tampering and roll-up vehicle door being opened by kidnapper? Maybe, IDK. my2ct.

Yeah I take melatonin at night and me ,the dogs, and my husband and 1 grandaughter hear EVERYTHING esp the 15 year old the kids that are virtual are on SM ALL HOURS of the night , its a thing with the at home learners they know they can nap between zooms or they just have to watch recorded zooms , And I find it odd him talking to himself and we can hear it , he HAD to almost know those two were separated and no one else was at that end of the house and if you already know you have weirdos in the hood, you don't isolate the wee ones and everyone else was at the other end , I would think you'd put the teen there he's almost grown and probably wants more privacy it just seems like common sense
JM2cents

Nobody Heard Anything?

Honestly, with that many people living in the house I'm sure a lot of noises get written off/ignored. When you have one kid, you might go investigate a noise. Five or six? Forget it. "Someone will holler if it's important."

This is the 3rd source I've seen saying the twins were only there for a few weeks
If TG left MS's home when warrant issued/fugitive status for no show in court, that would have been on March 29 which translates to about seven weeks. However, I don't know if there's been verification on the date TM actually left.

Yall do realize that MSM reported that several people had already reported Darriynn for threatening people and breaking ring cameras with a hammer, right?!?! And his own mom didn't hear him sneaking out to terrorize the neighborhood for months?!?! I really do not understand the confusion! Or why people refuse to believe what 1. The police have said/ who they arrested arrested 2. Actual video of the kidnapping!!! Thank God Monica had an interior camera he didn't know about. I feel confident I know why he was breaking the ring cameras now.

Yall do realize that MSM reported that several people had already reported Darriynn for threatening people and breaking ring cameras with a hammer, right?!?! And his own mom didn't hear him sneaking out to terrorize the neighborhood for months?!?! I really do not understand the confusion! Or why people refuse to believe what 1. The police have said/ who they arrested arrested 2. Actual video of the kidnapping!!! Thank God Monica had an interior camera he didn't know about. I feel confident I know why he was breaking the ring cameras now.
All this needs to proven in court.

There was a town hall type meeting tonight.
Councilman T.C. Broadnax and Dallas Police Chief Eddie Garcia met with the residents of the neighborhood where this occurred.

I’d love to see the complete footage from this-

The video above shows Darriynn with hood up and mask on at night trying door handles.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

I've been robbed as I slept, while my 2 indoor dogs didn't bark or alert me. Someone I know? Expert creeper? Who knows, but Darriynn was both. And I don't think they had dogs anyway.

All this needs to proven in court.

That video above, plus any other reports of broken ring cameras, etc. will hopefully be brought up in court.

Last edited by a moderator:
[snipped by me for focus]
I really do not understand the confusion! Or why people refuse to believe what 1. The police have said/ who they arrested arrested 2. Actual video of the kidnapping!!! Thank God Monica had an interior camera he didn't know about. I feel confident I know why he was breaking the ring cameras now.

I tend to agree. The theories about him being framed or set up or being a puppet that someone else is dictating to are ridiculous to me, but that is what we do here. Speculate, opine, and try to put the pieces together in a way that makes sense to us. I feel pretty confident that this is a case of what you see is what you get, we saw it and I believe it. Others are still looking for the why of it when I don't think we will ever have the Why of it. I believe this young man has serious mental health issues. Which means what happens in his head may never make sense to mine. I think once the murder charges drop on DB some of the wilder speculation will settle down.

ABC video:

Those look like the same shoes to me, in the video from a month prior. Hood up, mask on, while trying car doors?

This guy definitely knows right from wrong and doesn't want to get caught.

Attachments

• dariynn.jpg
    dariynn.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 34
I even think he had a larger backpack on the night he was trying car doors, in order to carry away stolen goods. On the night he was planning to take Cash, he took a smaller backpack because he wasn't really out to steal stuff that night (he may have had a shirt and a knife in there)

ABC video:

Those look like the same shoes to me, in the video from a month prior. Hood up, mask on, while trying car doors?

This guy definitely knows right from wrong and doesn't want to get caught.

He’s wearing a mask outside in the dark with his hood up. If you look closely he’s also wearing gloves. Oh he knows right from wrong. The mask and hood is so you can’t identify him and the gloves so he doesn’t leave fingerprints.

However, in the videos with Cash and Carter, especially Carter, no gloves and you can see his face clearly.

I will buy into the mental illness theory because I do believe there are issues there however, you can’t tell me he didn’t know right from wrong.

He is well aware of the difference between right and wrong.

MOO

I tend to agree. The theories about him being framed or set up or being a puppet that someone else is dictating to are ridiculous to me, but that is what we do here. Speculate, opine, and try to put the pieces together in a way that makes sense to us. I feel pretty confident that this is a case of what you see is what you get, we saw it and I believe it. Others are still looking for the why of it when I don't think we will ever have the Why of it. I believe this young man has serious mental health issues. Which means what happens in his head may never make sense to mine. I think once the murder charges drop on DB some of the wilder speculation will settle down.

I think it’s easy to go down the conspiracy hole when the only people speaking publicly aren’t believable and contradict themselves and each other constantly.

I find myself trying to remember that just because they are lying doesn’t mean DB didn’t act alone.

Originally I was thinking he might have mental issues that distort reality... based on the fact his mom said he was receiving care for mental health. I'd seen a lot of posts here assuming he might be talking to himself and hearing voices, and I thought his face showed either flat affect (common with some mental illness) or indifference. Obviously we can't diagnose specific conditions and shouldn't try. But now, I'm thinking more that he's someone with no conscience, no empathy — because I see planning for specific activities based on the way he clothes himself. Now I'm beginning to wonder if he planned to kill both boys as revenge, because MS was mad her kids let him in to hang out while she was gone at the grocery store.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucysmom20