TX - Cash Gernon, 4, found dead in street w/multiple wounds, Dallas, 15 May 2021 #2 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still think there may be more involvement and never thought that involvement included a teenager, and did we determine which house the knife and tissue were found in?
Due to poor reporting it’s still in the air. I lean towards they were found in Monica’s house, because I don’t know that they would have mentioned it if it had been found in DBs house, because presumably they founds tons of evidence at DBs house, like bloody clothes, his glasses & backpack.

Due to poor reporting it’s still in the air. I lean towards they were found in Monica’s house,

because I don’t know that they would have mentioned it if it had been found in DBs house, because presumably they founds tons of evidence at DBs house, like bloody clothes, his glasses & backpack.

I'd really like to know where the bathroom is in relation to the twins room, and I still suspect he possibly was supposed to return him on that 2nd trip. IMO just thinking out loud I just don't think the 2nd trip was to get the other twin and I dont think he's that mental, I think he knew exactly what he was doing , I think he's a bad egg with bad home training and lost control and killed him he was angry enough to bite him I'm wondering if CG tried to defend himself by biting him first.

I mean what if he tapped on someone's door the 2nd time and said He's back...then stepped into the bathroom and dropped the murder weapon so as to pin the murder on someone in the house ......really need to know where the knife was found, and where the bathroom is if knife was at MS house , thats my theory I can't see any other reason.

I slowed the video speed to .05 and viewed on full screen. At around the 2:48 mark, it looks like DB is holding something in his right hand. In the return to the house video

Agreed. It looks like he has on different clothes to me. I'm also not seeing the backpack. The pic quality isn't as good as the first so I could be wrong about that (again. lol :p)

Dallas News article with more details from the neighborhood meeting last night:

~snip~
Brown is jailed on suspicion of kidnapping and burglary. Lt. Carrie Wise told more than 100 community residents who demanded answers Monday that police will bring a capital murder charge against Brown, too, once they get forensic evidence back in two or three weeks. Chief Eddie García was also there to answer residents’ questions.
“There is no doubt who took him, and as soon as I get the lab report back there will be no doubt who killed him,” Wise said during a community meeting hosted by City Council member Casey Thomas at the Park in the Woods Recreation Center.

The video shows the intruder return about 7:30 a.m. He lifted the blanket and Cash’s twin moved. The man walked around the room before leaving.

“God’s grace saved” the brother, Wise said.

Police also sought to dispel rumors about the case. Brown is the only person police believe was responsible for the killing, Wise said, referring to incorrect speculation that a second person was involved. There were also rumors that Brown was wearing an ankle monitor, but they were wrong, Wise said. Brown was previously arrested on a charge of evading police, but he had been freed from jail on a personal recognizance bond, and an ankle monitor was not a condition of his release, she said.

Brown knew the child’s caregiver, Monica Sherrod, and her teenage son, Wise said. Brown broke into the house through a back door near the boys’ bedroom while the rest of the occupants of the house slept on the other side of the house, Wise said.
~snip~
Residents wanted to know how Cash and his brother ended up in the house without either of their biological parents. Asked whether anyone else responsible for the kids faces charges related to Cash, Wise said no.
~snip~
Residents and police were upset Sherrod gave the home surveillance video to the Daily Mail and asked whether Sherrod could be arrested. Wise said she asked a Dallas County prosecutor what Sherrod could be charged with. Wise did not repeat what the prosecutor said, but Sherrod has not been arrested. Sherrod could not be reached for comment Tuesday.

Video shows 4-year-old Cash Gernon taken from his bed before killing
Well well now. This interesting. I'll try to sit on my hands now. MOO

Hmmm, it looks like a stolen gun was recovered from Darriynn Browns house on same day Cash was murdered.
I’m guessing this was found while the home was being searched ?

edited to add: Bogata Police Department is listed as the reporting agency. Bogata Texas is northeast of the Dallas area.

Dallas Police Public Data Viewer

Last edited:
I don’t think his actions make sense that he wanted to return Cash to the house after murdering him. If that was his intent, why did he go back to the house and into the twins room without him? No, I think he was either planning to take the other boy or he was curious about what the household knew and how they’d react.

This article details how she found Cash that morning while on a walk. She also appeared on Fox News this morning detailing some of the information and how it has affected her.

I could not find video of that interview but some of the info is detailed here.
Dallas woman recalls harrowing moment she found Cash Gernon's body covered in ants | Daily Mail Online
What makes this even sadder is the thought that this beautiful,Sweet, Caring lady could have someday in the not so far off future be C&C's teacher.

Hmmm, it looks like a stolen gun was recovered from Darriynn Browns house on same day Cash was murdered.

edited to add: Bogata Police Department is listed as the reporting agency. Bogata Texas is northeast of the Dallas area.

Wow. Much more to come with this dude.

I don’t think his actions make sense that he wanted to return Cash to the house after murdering him. If that was his intent, why did he go back to the house and into the twins room without him? No, I think he was either planning to take the other boy or he was curious about what the household knew and how they’d react.

I didn't say he wanted to return him I said maybe he was supposed to return him , as in the same way Mario McNeil was supposed to return little Shania Davis , that was what I was trying to say without saying it .

I think he went back for the second twin, and around that time, whatever motivation/urge drove this heinous sequence of events, the satisfaction of that urge kicked in, that psychological sense of relief, and that's when he hesitated, said whatever he said about being a creep or whatever, and left.

The video shows the intruder return about 7:30 a.m. He lifted the blanket and Cash’s twin moved. The man walked around the room before leaving.
Video shows 4-year-old Cash Gernon taken from his bed before killing

(Snipped by me.)

I find it extremely odd that he'd return about 7:30am since Cash was obviously killed and left for dead before 6:40am, which is when he was found. For one thing... 7:30am is not early to early risers so why was he so confident that he wouldn't be noticed by someone in the house at that hour? Did he know their sleep patterns? I wouldn't have risked going back at that hour if I was to do something as heinous as this. Not to forget that the child was left dead(?) and bleeding/bloody about an hour earlier. He was left in the street so apparently DB didn't consider commuters at that hour? (or didn't care) That's commute time for a lot of people.

Does the dispatch time from the report on your link indicate what time Dallas PD was dispatched to DB's house OR the time they were dispatched to where little Cash was found? He was found by AS at approx 6:45am so that would be only 8 minutes later and I don't think time for them to link to DB & get to this house but don't know for sure how the reporting goes. Also, I'm guessing the reporting time is am vs pm (likely list times in 24 hundred hours vs am/pm). Bogata is about 2 1/2 hours away so am wondering about DB's link to that location or if the stolen gun made it's way to Dallas & in DB's hands by someone else (ie, did he steal it himself or buy/trade it from someone else?)
Dispatched At: 2021-05-15 06:53:58.0000000

Does the dispatch time from the report on your link indicate what time Dallas PD was dispatched to DB's house OR the time they were dispatched to where little Cash was found? He was found by AS at approx 6:45am so that would be only 8 minutes later and I don't think time for them to link to DB & get to this house but don't know for sure how the reporting goes. Also, I'm guessing the reporting time is am vs pm (likely list times in 24 hundred hours vs am/pm). Bogata is about 2 1/2 hours away so am wondering about DB's link to that location or if the stolen gun made it's way to Dallas & in DB's hands by someone else (ie, did he steal it himself or buy/trade it from someone else?)
The time is exactly the same as in the burglary report.

I believe it’s the time police were dispatched to where Cash was found.
I’m guessing maybe this report + the burglary report with same dispatch time were entered after the fact ?

That’s the only thing that makes sense to me with all 3 reports having the exact same dispatch time. moo

Yes, it’ll be interesting to find out more about the stolen hand gun. Was it reported stolen to Bogata Police by a resident or was it a stolen gun belonging to Bogata Police department? More questions than answers. Moo

Another thing I noticed on the police reports when I put Bayberry Lane without a street number.

So. many. car. break-ins.

(Snipped by me.)

I find it extremely odd that he'd return about 7:30am since Cash was obviously killed and left for dead before 6:40am, which is when he was found. For one thing... 7:30am is not early to early risers so why was he so confident that he wouldn't be noticed by someone in the house at that hour? Did he know their sleep patterns? I wouldn't have risked going back at that hour if I was to do something as heinous as this. Not to forget that the child was left dead(?) and bleeding/bloody about an hour earlier. He was left in the street so apparently DB didn't consider commuters at that hour? (or didn't care) That's commute time for a lot of people.

BINGO why was he so confident , and I stand by I don't think he was mental , I have personal experience with several different diagnosis and 2 kids on the spectrum, he had no home training , running around stealing things etc, I don't buy he's non functional crazy and his mom didn't wonder where stuff was coming from, and an acquaintance of one of the kids , dosen't seem like the kids would hang out with a mumbling scary person with serious mental illness , people like that don't usually have a social circle JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member