TX - Cash Gernon, 4, found dead in street w/multiple wounds, Dallas, 15 May 2021 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for finding and posting that.

I’ve been sitting on my fingers about the grandmother & mom frantically searching for the twins since March.
Bio dad missed a court date and disappeared with the boys after judge issued warrant for failure to appear.

UGGGGHHHHH

This makes me SOOOO angry.

I knew this boy had a loving mother. You can tell by the photo. I was also waiting on this information.

can u post exerpts, pay wall.

A 4-year-old boy found dead in a Dallas neighborhood street over the weekend was taken from his crib as he slept early Saturday morning, according to an arrest warrant affidavit.

Home surveillance footage showed a man police said was Darriynn Ronnell Brown lift a sleeping child from a crib and carry him away around 5 a.m. Saturday.

NYDNYRRLNJEP3M7FK6QMPVAM2Y.jpg

Cash Gernon, 4, was found dead Saturday, May 15, 2021. Dallas police are investigating his death as a kidnapping and homicide.(Courtesy: Kameron Mori)
The child was identified in court records as Cash Gernon, who was staying in the home in the 7500 block of Florina Parkway with his father’s girlfriend, Monica Sherrod, in the Mountain Creek area of Dallas. The father, who Dallas police did not name, has been absent since March, police said. Cash’s biological mother and grandmother had been looking for Cash and his brother, who is now reunited with them.
‘I’m already cried out:’ Police say sleeping child taken from crib before he was killed, left in Dallas street

Last edited:
Sherrod called police shortly before 11 a.m. and said Cash was missing, the affidavit said. Sherrod said Brown was the man in the video, the affidavit says.

About four hours earlier, a jogger found a child’s body lying in a pool of blood in the 7500 block Saddleridge Drive, about eight blocks away from the house where the girlfriend reported Cash missing.

A Dallas police detective who examined photos and cell phone videos of Cash determined the boy was the child found dead.

The detective watched the home surveillance video with the girlfriend, who identified Brown, 18. The detective’s affidavit does not detail Brown’s relationship to Cash’s family or offer any explanation for Brown taking Cash. ‘I’m already cried out:’ Police say sleeping child taken from crib before he was killed, left in Dallas street

Last edited:
A 4-year-old boy found dead in a Dallas neighborhood street over the weekend was taken from his crib as he slept early Saturday morning, according to an arrest warrant affidavit.

Home surveillance footage showed a man police said was Darriynn Ronnell Brown lift a sleeping child from a crib and carry him away around 5 a.m. Saturday.

NYDNYRRLNJEP3M7FK6QMPVAM2Y.jpg

Cash Gernon, 4, was found dead Saturday, May 15, 2021. Dallas police are investigating his death as a kidnapping and homicide.(Courtesy: Kameron Mori)
The child was identified in court records as Cash Gernon, who was staying in the home in the 7500 block of Florina Parkway with his father’s girlfriend, Monica Sherrod, in the Mountain Creek area of Dallas. The father, who Dallas police did not name, has been absent since March, police said. Cash’s biological mother and grandmother had been looking for Cash and his brother, who is now reunited with them.

So glad the mother at least has her other boy back in her arms now and so glad the truth came out in this case. May justice be swift.

Child abuse detectives found Brown at his home and took him to the law enforcement wing of the Dallas Children’s Advocacy Center for an interview before he was booked into jail. Brown remained jailed Monday in lieu of $1.5 million bail and faces charges of kidnapping and burglary. Police said they anticipate Brown will face more charges after a forensic analysis is completed. ‘I’m already cried out:’ Police say sleeping child taken from crib before he was killed, left in Dallas street

Cash had multiple wounds from “an edged weapon” when he was found without a shirt and shoes in the road, police said. Police have said his death was a homicide. The jogger who found Cash, Antwainese Square, said she initially thought the boy’s body was a dog before seeing his arms and legs.

The neighborhood, near Cedar Ridge Preserve, is a mix of middle class and low-income homes. Brown’s home and Cash’s home are both within a half-mile of where his body was found, just a few minutes’ walk.

A home next-door to Cash’s flew a flag at half-staff Monday. A small memorial with a rain-soaked teddy bear, a few bouquets of flowers and a plastic firefighter’s helmet were placed on the curb near where he was found. ‘I’m already cried out:’ Police say sleeping child taken from crib before he was killed, left in Dallas street

Cash’s 18-year-old brother, Kameron Mori, said Cash was a happy boy who loved superheroes. He used to pretend to be Iron Man and use his arms to send imaginary energy rays just like Tony Stark.

He said his mother won’t stop crying and his brothers and sisters don’t know what to do.

”I’m already cried out,” Mori said.

Mori said the family will host a memorial balloon launch Sunday at 6 p.m. at Park in the Woods near Mountain Creek Parkway and Wheatland Road.

Mori said he knew Brown from Duncanville High School and middle school. He said they had been friends.

”Friends ain’t nothing,” he said outside his home Monday, just a few blocks from where Brown lived and where Cash’s body was found. “Evil. No reason. Literally, no reason.” ‘I’m already cried out:’ Police say sleeping child taken from crib before he was killed, left in Dallas street

A woman at Brown’s address, who identified herself as Darriynn Brown’s mother and only gave a nickname — Mimi Brown, said her son was home all weekend and could not have kidnapped the boy.

”That’s not right at all,” Brown said. “I know my son is traumatized. I know he’s scared, because I’m scared.”

Brown said her son is a patient of Metrocare Services, which provides mental health care to children and adults. She said he has several young cousins that he helps take care of, and wouldn’t have hurt Cash.

”Darriynn is very kind,” she said. “I feel that he’s being framed.”

Brown’s court-appointed lawyer declined to comment Monday afternoon before meeting with her client.

end of the article. ‘I’m already cried out:’ Police say sleeping child taken from crib before he was killed, left in Dallas street

<modsnip - quoted post removed>

I see the interest, but the child's family, despite decisions and actions we all would find questionable at best, are still victims of a heinous crime. Unless I'm missing a big chunk of info, they are not the perps and the sole perp is in custody.

jmo

More info coming out. Paraphrasing here:

The twin boys were staying with their dad and dads girlfriend.
The dads girlfriend called 911 4 hours (!!!!) after he’d after been found dead to report him missing.
The suspect attended school with the dads girlfriend since middle school and they were friends. ‘I’m already cried out:’ Police say sleeping child taken from crib before he was killed, left in Dallas street
This article is behind a paywall for me--but thought it was weird that a 4 yr old was 'taken from his crib.' He slept in a crib?

This is worth the read.

"The Dallas Police Department would like to correct misleading information that has been circulating within the news and social media regarding the death of the 4-year-old toddler discovered on Saturday, May 15, 2021."

info at link: Homicide at 7500 Saddleridge Drive
FROM THE LINK:
“There has been a misidentification of Ms. Monica Sherrod as to being Cash’s biological/Stepmother. Cash was left in the care of Ms. Sherrod by his father unbeknownst to his biological mother, Ms. Melinda Seagroves. According to Ms. Sherrod, she has not been able to contact the father since his departure from her residence in March 2021.

Meanwhile, Ms. Seagroves, with the help of her mother Ms. Connie Ward, has been conducting an extensive search for her sons for an extended amount of time.

Cash‘s brother has since been reunited with their mother, Ms. Seagroves.”

:(

This article is behind a paywall for me--but thought it was weird that a 4 yr old was 'taken from his crib.' He slept in a crib?

Have you tried using Duck Duck Go? No paywall for me there.
I c&p the article below.
And yes, I found that detail odd. 4 year olds climb out of cribs so what’s the point of putting them in one?
I did notice Charlie added lots more detail than was originally in the article- including that the twins mom & grandmother had been searching for them.
Absolutely heartbreaking that they didn’t find them in time to save Cash.

I wanted to give some insight into this area, since it’s where I grew up and my parents still live. This area although in Dallas is literally 1/4 mile outside Duncanville. It’s Duncanville School District. It may be considered lower class for Duncanville but by far not lower class for Dallas. Clark Rd is the divider I lived on the Duncanville side our house is currently valued at 400K the houses on that side of Clark have to be near 200k if I was guessing. I use to have to walk through that neighborhood to get to the 9th grade school which has since closed and reintegrated with the high school. We called the neighborhood the woods. On the other side of the neighborhood there is a nature center I was just there about 6mo ago it’s one of my favorite places to visit when I go home. If someone was in their right mind planning on murdering someone this is where they would go. It’s dirt trails, undisturbed wooded area thick trees etc. it goes miles and miles. I cannot think that whatever happened it the child was left there intentionally to make a statement as I said it would be very easy to go into the nature area.

2nd Duncanville High School is huge. Duncanville High School is the second largest high school campus in the United States. The 863,137 square feet (80,188.1 m2) campus is more than twice as large as the nearby Mountain View College, and it is over the size of four combined Wal-MartSupercenters. We are talking East and West Campus college size campus, and with 10min between class sometimes impossible. Enrollment usually over 4000 students.

Which brings me to my next point. Nobody knows anyone at Duncanville High school unless they want to. You either hang with that crowd or are on a team or have common classes, otherwise probably not gonna know the person. I don’t know more than 1/2 of my graduating class.

<modsnip: Brother is a victim unless otherwise stated.>

Last edited by a moderator:
FROM THE LINK:
“There has been a misidentification of Ms. Monica Sherrod as to being Cash’s biological/Stepmother. Cash was left in the care of Ms. Sherrod by his father unbeknownst to his biological mother, Ms. Melinda Seagroves. According to Ms. Sherrod, she has not been able to contact the father since his departure from her residence in March 2021.

Meanwhile, Ms. Seagroves, with the help of her mother Ms. Connie Ward, has been conducting an extensive search for her sons for an extended amount of time.

Cash‘s brother has since been reunited with their mother, Ms. Seagroves.”

:(
i think this is all related because this crime wouldnt have happened if the kids were not left there.

I was just coming here to say the same thing, @katydid23.

A four year old is too old to be confined to a crib. It poses a hazard, as well. A boy that age will attempt to climb out and will likely be successful. He can get hurt vaulting out or climbing down from the crib, and also will be loose in a home where the adults believe he is confined.

I wonder if his twin was in a crib, as well. Maybe they couldn't afford to move the children into beds, but IMO this is neglect.

“Cash’s biological mother and grandmother had been looking for Cash and his brother, who is now reunited with them.

Cash’s 18-year-old brother, Kameron Mori, said Cash was a happy boy who loved superheroes.

Mori said he knew Brown from Duncanville High School and middle school. He said they had been friends.

”Friends ain’t nothing,” he said outside his home Monday, just a few blocks from where Brown lived and where Cash’s body was found. “Evil. No reason. Literally, no reason.”

What? Cash’s biomom has been looking for the twins? And they lived only a few blocks away? The 18 year old brother knows him? This is horrific.
I think there is a 'mistake' in this article. I think when it says Mori is Cash's 'brother' ---they mean he is the girlfriend/caretaker's son.

Because the article says Mori lives a few blocks away from Brown and from where the body was found. But the bio -mom does not live near this area.

I think the suspect hung out at the home that Cash and his brother were living in. He was friends with the teen brother and got to know the twins.

And Brown seems to have mental health issues and possibly a drug problem, and he acted out violently. Very heartbreaking and shocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Heypig06