TX - Cash Gernon, 4, found dead in street w/multiple wounds, Dallas, 15 May 2021 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This case really stinks, it truly does - I hope the police get to the bottom of this mess and get justice for Cash bless him. I'm really interested to know what has happened to his bio dad too, you'd think he'd show up if one of his kids has been murdered....

Oh man. A lot going on here. Lies, misleading info, poor reporting, rumours, etc etc. This one is going to be hard to put together. Nothing makes sense.

Who are these people? Why would you keep your ex boyfriend’s kids? SMH.

What was going on in that house?

Oh man. A lot going on here. Lies, misleading info, poor reporting, rumours, etc etc. This one is going to be hard to put together. Nothing makes sense.

Who are these people? Why would you keep your ex boyfriend’s kids? SMH.

What was going on in that house?

Agree completely, but I think there's a possibility that maybe the father's girlfriend had developed a bond with the boys from whenever the father was living with them. That does happen. However, if she knew the boys' mother was looking for them then that's a different story.

@Barbieshell
I was wondering the same....the father is in the wind, but if he knows about Cash, through media or whatever, why oh why isn't that enough to get him involved?

So DB was allowed in the house, even overnight, there had to be some degree of a relationship. Unless it's a flophouse.

Poor sweet Cash, poor Carter.

A baby monitor I can understand.
A camera set up for a pet.
Maybe one or two.

But a lot of interior cameras for protective reasons - not sure. In each bedroom? Bathroom? Kitchen? At each door?

No ring or outside cameras - which I consider the first line of protection?

New Details in Brutal Murder of 4-Year-Old Boy, Motive still Unknown

“We got cameras all over the place in my house,” said Moori. “It shows him coming in, took him while he was asleep. While he was asleep. Carried him out of my house while he was asleep.”

Moori says there was no sign of forced entry and insists he locked his house before going to bed. He also said they installed home surveillance cameras inside the house because they are "very protective" and because the neighborhood occasionally has problems with crimes.”
"All over the house" may actually mean two or three cameras.

ETA - remember this kid also initially described himself as Cash's older brother. We're going by his perception of the truth here.

I saw this update, it seems like there is a lot more to this story than we knew
Dallas 4-year-old Cash Gernon's killing: No murder charges filed, kidnapping suspect held on $1.5M bond

"Cash and his twin brother were staying at the home owned by their biological father's ex-girlfriend, Monica Sherrod. She had not been able to get in contact with the boys' father since March when he left his sons in her care. Court documents say Sherrod was the one to identify Brown in the surveillance footage watched together with investigators, but the connection Brown has to the family remains unclear."

JD Miles with CBS 11 DFW says ‘police found a tissue with blood and small pocket knife’ in the bathroom trash in the home where Cash Gernon was staying...

So if there is also a small pocket knife along with bloody tissue in the trashcan, that seems significant.

But the timeline is very confusing. If the suspect is seen picking up the sleeping boy and leaving the house with him, still asleep, how would he be able to toss the weapon and bloody tissues , while child was still asleep?

If it was the weapon, then DB had to come back to the house to toss it in the trash. And that makes no sense.
Okay, this is probably too crazy, but I'm brainstorming here....

What if DB entered the house and took the sleeping child as seen on video at 5am. He carried him to the wildnerness area where he used the edged weapon on the child and then was attempting to bring the child back home (because he doesn't think straight), but realized the child was deceased so left him in the road (because he doesn't think straight) and returned back to Cash's house to clean up (because he doesn't think straight) and left the knife in the bathroom. When a resident at the home woke up, s/he realized someone had entered the house so called 911 at 7:27am, not knowing a little boy had been found dead a few blocks away about 30 minute prior.

jmo, just thinking aloud - trying to figure out the pocket knife angle.

JMO, but that "interview" sounded like a bad skit on SNL, the reporting is beyond horrible and why would a knife and tissue be found at the home where Cash stayed and a pool of blood in the middle of the street, and if cash was asleep when carried out, how did knife and tissue end up in bathroom trash? Was he wondering around the house ? If knife was in BR trash how could it be the knife used ? Please news gods send us a report that makes more sense!

A baby monitor I can understand.
A camera set up for a pet.
Maybe one or two.

But a lot of interior cameras for protective reasons - not sure. In each bedroom? Bathroom? Kitchen? At each door?

No ring or outside cameras - which I consider the first line of protection?

New Details in Brutal Murder of 4-Year-Old Boy, Motive still Unknown

“We got cameras all over the place in my house,” said Moori. “It shows him coming in, took him while he was asleep. While he was asleep. Carried him out of my house while he was asleep.”

Moori says there was no sign of forced entry and insists he locked his house before going to bed. He also said they installed home surveillance cameras inside the house because they are "very protective" and because the neighborhood occasionally has problems with crimes.”
Had the home been burglarized before ?
Or had the occupants had an incident with visitors or the older teen's friends ?
So they were much less trusting ?
MOO

JMO, but that "interview" sounded like a bad skit on SNL, the reporting is beyond horrible and why would a knife and tissue be found at the home where Cash stayed and a pool of blood in the middle of the street, and if cash was asleep when carried out, how did knife and tissue end up in bathroom trash? Was he wondering around the house ? If knife was in BR trash how could it be the knife used ? Please news gods send us a report that makes more sense!
The msm videos and articles do seem to be conflicting with each other ?
I'd hope that the reporters aren't getting their information from people in the neighborhood, but straight from LE instead.
Imo.

Agree completely, but I think there's a possibility that maybe the father's girlfriend had developed a bond with the boys from whenever the father was living with them. That does happen. However, if she knew the boys' mother was looking for them then that's a different story.

@Barbieshell
I was wondering the same....the father is in the wind, but if he knows about Cash, through media or whatever, why oh why isn't that enough to get him involved?

So DB was allowed in the house, even overnight, there had to be some degree of a relationship. Unless it's a flophouse.

Poor sweet Cash, poor Carter.
It's starting to look like the perp was not unknown in the area and to the home where Cash was abducted from, even though the initial articles suggested that.
Im0.

MOO the pocket knife and tissue with spot of blood found in the Sherrod residence are red herrings. completely unrelated to this horrible murder. I will be following this one. It seems to have a lot of moving pieces. The existence of interior surveillance in this home is confusing to me but who knows, it's a tech world and different strokes for different folks. Other questions I hope will eventually be answered:

why was dad keeping Cash and sibling from bio mom?
where dad took off to and why he left his boys there?
what would motivate Brown to do this?
what is he accused of stealing during the abduction (haven't seen it mentioned)?

Mori’s two biological underage teenage brothers, as well as Cash’s twin 4-year-old brother, have since been removed from the home by child protective services, KXAS-TV reported. Cash’s twin brother has been reunited with their biological mother, Melinda Seagroves. Dallas 4-year-old Cash Gernon's killing: No murder charges filed, kidnapping suspect held on $1.5M bond

If they saw Cash being abducted on video and that is what prompted his charges, I wonder what prompted the removal of Sherrod's minor children from the home?

Authorities either did so out of an abundance of caution (not likely MOO CPS does nothing out of an abundance of caution). or they saw something troubling in the Sherrod residence that prompted an investigation.

reminds me of the Alesha McPhail case in Scotland. Random psychopath kidnaps a child from their sleeping bed. Sounds crazy but sadly happens

Alesha's body was also presented in a way that wasn't hiding it. He wanted her to be found like it was something he was proud of

MOO the pocket knife and tissue with spot of blood found in the Sherrod residence are red herrings. completely unrelated to this horrible murder. I will be following this one. It seems to have a lot of moving pieces. The existence of interior surveillance in this home is confusing to me but who knows, it's a tech world and different strokes for different folks. Other questions I hope will eventually be answered:

why was dad keeping Cash and sibling from bio mom?
where dad took off to and why he left his boys there?
what would motivate Brown to do this?
what is he accused of stealing during the abduction (haven't seen it mentioned)?
I think the pocket knife is the weapon and DB went back to the house after killing Cash. (That theory is subject to change without notice!)

Regarding motivation, I think DB was attracted to little Cash and desired to do what he did. I don't think he's being framed (theory subject to change!).

DB is accused of burglary not theft. Burglary means he entered the house - the charge does not require that he took anything. His current charges of burglary and kidnapping are here:
Dallas County Online Jail Search

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member