TX - Cash Gernon, 4, found dead in street w/multiple wounds, Dallas, 15 May 2021 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a blink camera ( interior) as a bundle when I bought my Amazon Alexa

I use it to spy on my dog when I’m at work!!
We did the same to watch our cats.
Turns out they mostly eat and sleep but sometimes go close up and look right into the cam and swat it, often knocking it down, sending us a message that they know we are watching. We talk to them through the mic so I think that blew our cover.

I think a lot of why things don’t make sense is shoddy reporting, the press seemingly has the arrest affidavit and they definitely have a search warrant affidavit for MS’ home where the twins stayed, but they are interpreting things in different ways.
One news video from CBSDFW.com briefly showed the first page of the search warrant affidavit and I took a still but there’s not really anything there to clear things up.

View attachment 297541
Hmmm Took some time to report him missing. So much not adding up. MOO

It was hard to hear the talking but it sounds like when the officer (or judge - not sure who was asking) if he had taken drugs or alcohol, DB said yes. When asked, which one, drugs or alcohol, he said "alcohol." Then it sounds like he was asked his drug of choice and he said marijuana and alcohol.

But someone double check I got that right!! It's hard to hear and I also think DB was mumbling, plus had a mask on.

I couldn't make out what was said after that.

jmo
Replying to myself. I am suspecting a "friendship" is perhaps a "connection."

Speculation, thinking aloud, opinion only.

jmo

Sounds like the camera in the bedroom was attached to a baby monitor rather than a "security system." That's my impression anyway.

Seems odd to me to have a baby monitor for 4yos and in a house that isn't vast, but apparently they had one.

jmo
My grandson will be 4 in June and my daughter still has one set up in his room. Their house isn’t that big (she can hear him from her bedroom with both doors closed). Peace of mind just to glance over and see him asleep. I think it’s more common then you’d expect given home security cameras have become so available and prices have dropped so much over the years.

Since when have interior cameras become a thing?
WHAT is going on in that house that they are even needed?
No one wakes up one day and thinks, "I'm going to get some cameras for inside the house. That should protect us."
Are there cameras on the outside too?

Hmm. Is Dad monitoring from somewhere else?
A lot of people I know have these. It's basically a video baby monitor. I have one inside to check on my pets (and 5 more in chicken coops). They are cheap now.

Sounds like the camera in the bedroom was attached to a baby monitor rather than a "security system." That's my impression anyway.

Seems odd to me to have a baby monitor for 4yos and in a house that isn't vast, but apparently they had one.

jmo
That house is 2000+ sqft so depending on the layout if master is on one side and other bedrooms on another there’s pretty good reason for a monitor.

A baby monitor I can understand.
A camera set up for a pet.
Maybe one or two.

But a lot of interior cameras for protective reasons - not sure. In each bedroom? Bathroom? Kitchen? At each door?

No ring or outside cameras - which I consider the first line of protection?

New Details in Brutal Murder of 4-Year-Old Boy, Motive still Unknown

“We got cameras all over the place in my house,” said Moori. “It shows him coming in, took him while he was asleep. While he was asleep. Carried him out of my house while he was asleep.”

Moori says there was no sign of forced entry and insists he locked his house before going to bed. He also said they installed home surveillance cameras inside the house because they are "very protective" and because the neighborhood occasionally has problems with crimes.”

Last edited:
Three bedrooms. Who was sharing a bedroom with the twins? Mom, KM(18 year old) - probably have their own bedroom?
Plus two younger brothers and unknown number/age of sisters.

‘I’m already cried out’: Police say sleeping child taken from crib before he was killed, left in Dallas street

“He said his mother won’t stop crying and his brothers and sisters don’t know what to do.”

New Details in Brutal Murder of 4-Year-Old Boy, Motive still Unknown
According to a real estate website, it's a 4 bedroom, 2 bath home.

jmo

Do I have this right?

Victim found: 7500 block of Saddleridge Dr
Perp lives: 7500 block of Florina Pkwy
Victim lived same block as perp.

The distance between where the body was found and Florina Pkwy is about 8 blocks.

Is this right??
I finally found the street for DB - Bayberry Lane. See Moe's post#8, this thread on page#4 regarding DB's arrest in April 2021:
TX - Cash Gernon, 4, found dead in street w/multiple wounds, Dallas, 15 May 2021 *ARREST*

The current DM article says DB lived .5 mile from the crime scene:
Surveillance footage captured moment Dallas boy, 4, 'snatched from his bed, stabbed to death' | Daily Mail Online
"... A charging document from that case states Brown lived with his parents just half a mile from where Cash's body was found. A woman at Brown's address, who identified herself as the suspect's mother Mimi Brown ..."

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members