TX - Cash Gernon, 4, found dead in street w/multiple wounds, Dallas, 15 May 2021 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's possible that, yes, it's a split personality or that he hears voices, but I've read that these "exchanges" tend to escalate and become more frantic. He was eerily calm, and -granted- this could play into coldbloodedness, but...WHY did he take him away and then returned hours later to look for Carter? Both children were there, and he had plenty of time to kill them both right then and there, but instead, he spent a very long time in the room, pondering what to do?
I thought that too about how long he was in the room. The video appears to have pieces removed so I assume he may have been there even longer. Either he wasn’t moving or possibly left the room and they took out sections for clarity, or he was doing something they don’t want he public to see.

I thought that too about how long he was in the room. The video appears to have pieces removed so I assume he may have been there even longer. Either he wasn’t moving or possibly left the room and they took out sections for clarity, or he was doing something they don’t want he public to see.

That might be the case. Or, as sometimes happens with our son's camera, if there's no movement, the recording stops and restarts when it detects motion. He turns towards the camera and almost seems to be looking directly at it. He walks towards the window...a window that has a curtain that is sheer in daylight so one would assume he can see outside. There are many things that seem odd about this.

My heart breaks for both little boys. I hope that all those who had anything to do with Cash's death are identified and prosecuted. I don't know if neglect and abandonment played a hand in this, but I can't help wondering if they did.

I’ve watched the video a few times. He seems intent on taking Cash specifically. He does look over at his twin, but he goes directly to Cash’s side of the bed and spends far more time looking at him. Intentional? Maybe. I would assume if he wanted a child to kidnap/abuse/murder it wouldn’t matter which twin but he may have had a reason to take Cash first.

He also seems to get close then hesitate with his hands very close to Cash. Was he debating whether to go through with his plan? Did he hear something? Was he afraid he’d wake one or both boys?

I also noticed the glare on his glasses. At first it looked like his eyes were glowing but it’s definitely a light reflection. That means the room wasn’t completely dark. Could be coming from a nightlight in the boys room, hall light or somewhere else.

At first it does appear he may be holding something to his ear but as he turns I see he’s playing with his hair. I don’t think his hand was close to his ear and I don’t think he was talking to anyone.

And for now I will consider DB’s mother a victim per TOS but I do wonder why she spoke to the media. Of course the police are going to ask her where he was, but unless she was awake and watching him sleep, there’s no way she could know if he left her house. She could assume, but that video seems pretty clear and it would be hard to not admit that was her son.

All moo

why she spoke to media? Or why she SOLD her story to the DailyMail

I’m assuming this was live streamed to MS1’s room, right? That’s the point of a video monitor with audio. The first time he was quiet but the 2nd time he was talking, how wasn’t he heard? We never had a video monitor for our kids but the audio monitor would pick up every little noise. So we’d wake up if there was any noise at all in the room.
And to an extent I can see not rushing in if a baby sleeps late but there was the video monitor, why not check that?

I accidentally wake my teens when they sleep later than normal and my paranoid mom brain goes “oh no I should make sure they’re breathing”.

It's possible that, yes, it's a split personality or that he hears voices, but I've read that these "exchanges" tend to escalate and become more frantic. He was eerily calm, and -granted- this could play into coldbloodedness, but...WHY did he take him away and then returned hours later to look for Carter? Both children were there, and he had plenty of time to kill them both right then and there, but instead, he spent a very long time in the room, pondering what to do?
The only experience I have is with my younger brother---but he rarely sounded frantic in his exchanges with his voices.

Now, we were lucky that his voices didn't urge him to do anything violent. He believed the CIA was out to kidnap him, so he was truly paranoid, and imagined that total strangers were actually secret agents, about to. pounce.

So when he was off his meds he would do very odd, impulsive things, like take off running in the middle of the grocery store, because the old lady behind us looked like she was in disguise.

One of the reasons I thought DB might be schizophrenic was because he seems so eerily calm and indecisive. My brother was like that if the voices in his head were very active.

He would hear 'mixed' messages and it made him stall and be confused about what to do next. He would scare me sometimes because if he came to visit my parents when I was there, he'd often stand on the porch, not making a move to come in, for a long time, as his voices argued in his head about it all. :eek:

@MimosaMornings. Thx for your post w Zillow link.
FWIW, iirc, per Zillow, it is a rental property, not owner-occupied.
"5/15/2015 Listing removed $1,395
4/29/2015 Listed for rent $1,395"

Also at link "NICE LARGE SINGLE STORY HOME, THREE LIVING AREAS...SECTION 8 OK......MUST HAVE GOOD RENTAL......MUST HAVE DEPOSIT WITH APP." sbm bbm

My opinion of the video is that he’s obviously taking orders from somebody, but like someone posted above, we don’t know if that someone is “real” or not. A couple of times he looks right into the camera, as if he knows it’s there. It looks like he’s holding a phone or earbud to his left ear. He hesitates, big time, a couple of times, then awkwardly grabs cash, as though he’s about to hand him over to somebody else, and bolts. Definitely not “experienced” as chadwell, for example. Looks like the first time he’s ever picked up a sleeping baby in his life. I can’t see him carrying the kid 8 blocks like that.. and then he COMES BACK FOR THE OTHER KID IN DAYLIGHT!?? Mumbles something about “sleep” or “creep” and not having to do it... I’m more convinced now than ever before, he was set up. Not as innocent as I had initally assumed, but definitely set up.

Very interesting thoughts. I was thinking that DB might be taking orders from voices in his mind or something--perhaps undiagnosed schizophrenia or something, I dunno. But I agree, he definitely seems apprehensive. The whole "I don't got to do it," was almost like he was trying to convince someone else to let him abort the mission.

It may be a far-fetched suggestion, but could he have been wearing glasses with a built-in microphone that connects via Bluetooth to his cellphone, and getting instructions from someone that way? Bose and Amazon are both producing these “smart” glasses, so they aren’t necessarily hard to come by. This is just IMO, but I think that it’s possible that when the perp appears to be “talking to himself” in the twins’ bedroom, he is actually having a conversation with (or being coached/egged on by) someone who wanted the twins for nefarious purposes and who would’ve hired the perp to get them. Again, this is only my conjecture, but I just don’t get the impression he is just having an argument with himself as he stands there watching the sleeping boys.

why she spoke to media? Or why she SOLD her story to the DailyMail

We don't know if she sold her story.

The way I see it for the moment is that she knew these boys and their father for a long time before they moved in.

Obviously not a wealthy household, we can poke holes, but she speaks of self-educating, she home-schooled these boys, they look healthy, she took them on.

Absconded father had custody, now being sought on unknown charges. We do not not know why bio Mam lost custody.

Girlfriend seems to have done her best. Her best may not be ours, but that is another matter.

IMO

Several things I noticed from the video...
1.) I agree it is motion censored. I think at times he stands really still so that the motion detector camera will go off. He moves and it comes on again. He may have thought the censor just covered the entrance to the room and if he stood still long enough it wouldn’t come back on.
2.) I think when he leans over and has his hands above the child, it looks to me like he had a phone in his hand and is taking a close up picture or video of the boys face. Then he placed the phone back in his jacket/shirt.
3.) Why does he carry the boy away like that? Almost like he was rushing to hand him off to someone. He didn’t even try to do it softly.

So there’s recorded video surveillance inside the boys’ room. Not a baby monitor that live-streams. (I don’t believe most baby monitors record and store footage). Was this some kind of all-in-one set-up that recorded & stored footage, live-streamed, and gave an alert? That sounds like a system most commonly used for the exterior of a property, or for using inside when the home is vacant.

I’m not seeing anything about an alert, though...just surveillance that is stored. Was it just the boys’ room that was under surveillance? I believe that there is a fee for storing video footage - wouldn’t a baby monitor be cheaper? What’s the purpose of the surveillance system here?

Given that the body will lose blood, if cut after death (after 9, 10 hours, it pools and coagulates and doesn't "flow" so much), does anyone know if a coroner can tell the difference between a postmortem laceration and a cut inflicted while a person is alive? I am just dumbfounded over this situation and trying to come up with a plausible theory that can explain why ANY of these bizarre events and circumstances happened in the way they did...

This is the same thing that bothers us. We have a camera for our son during the day and a baby monitor at night. Because people with ASD sometimes wander off, we have alarms on all the doors and windows even though he's never exhibited that behavior. And there is a window in that room that simply has a piece of plywood over it...

We put these special locks up high on doors leading outside. Doors are alarmed, too. Got for our non-ASD then-toddler who is now tall enough to unlatch. Gave us some peace of mind, though we do insist sitters demonstrate how to use it (you pull to the side, not up). You can unlatch it immediately for fast exit - I was concerned about fire safety but it’s easy. Cardinal Gates - Door Guardian

I would think interior cameras for the purpose of protection would be placed showing the entry/exit points into the house.

Garage (especially if unlocked or broken)
Door from garage into house
Front/side/rear doors
Hallway/sliding glass doors/etc.

Places or areas where a criminal would attempt to break in.
JMO

It is unusual that Sherrod's children were removed from the home. I wonder why.

Camera shows 18-year-old taking Dallas 4-year-old from his bed hours before his death

"Cash had a twin brother who was also staying with Mori and his mom. That child was temporarily removed from the home by protective and regulatory services along with Mori's two young biological brothers.".

Cash's brother was with him in cot when he was abducted¡ The abductor even turned up up after Cash's murder to look at the twin as is he were to take him.

<modsnip>

Camera shows 18-year-old taking Dallas 4-year-old from his bed hours before his death

"Cash had a twin brother who was also staying with Mori and his mom. That child was temporarily removed from the home by protective and regulatory services along with Mori's two young biological brothers.".

That is logical but also perhaps worrying. The Dad had custody, we do not know why, he has been in long term relationship with girlfriend. He suddenly disappeared in March when charges wre filed against him. We do not know for what.

Bio Mam supposedly does not want contact with her twins over Christmas.

Cash's twin bro now with bio mother.

Last edited by a moderator:
So there’s recorded video surveillance inside the boys’ room. Not a baby monitor that live-streams. (I don’t believe most baby monitors record and store footage). Was this some kind of all-in-one set-up that recorded & stored footage, live-streamed, and gave an alert? That sounds like a system most commonly used for the exterior of a property, or for using inside when the home is vacant.

I’m not seeing anything about an alert, though...just surveillance that is stored. Was it just the boys’ room that was under surveillance? I believe that there is a fee for storing video footage - wouldn’t a baby monitor be cheaper? What’s the purpose of the surveillance system here?

Do we know when it was installed?

It took me a few minutes here but seems Sherrod has 4 children ranging in age 14 - 18, in addition to the twins that had been staying with her since March when their father left.

He then made his way to the boys' room, which is located in the back of the house, away from where Sherrod, her sons M, 15, L, 14, and Kamron, 18, plus her daughter E, 16, sleep.

I understand the 18-year-old is an adult but wouldn't CPS also take the 16 yr old daughter if they removed the younger sons?

Inside the bedroom where four-year-old Cash Gernon was snatched from his bed | Daily Mail Online

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member