TX - Cash Gernon, 4, found dead in street w/multiple wounds, Dallas, 15 May 2021 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And if he had been dead then stabbed there would have been far less bleeding and probably pretty apparent to even the jogger.
I would assume that is correct, but I am not trained and I rely on officials who are.

The Medical Examiner is trained - s/he knows if stabs are inflicted before or after death. You can't fool a Medical Examiner by stabbing a dead body to cover another cause of death.

bbm

" The Dallas County Medical Examiner has ruled the death of a 4-year-old boy whose body was found abandoned in a southwest Dallas street early Saturday a homicide, adding that the child later identified as Cash Gernon died from multiple stab wounds."

Medical Examiner: 4-Year-Old Cash Gernon Died Of Multiple Stab Wounds When Found In Dallas Street

Alright, after sleeping on this and watching the video in .25 speed many times. IMO the critical issue is the WHO/WHAT/WHERE/WHY regarding the footage. Here are some important/troubling observations.

Breaking down the night footage, it begins with one of the twins getting in bed. At that point in the video, you can see what appears to be the head of the other twin across the bed. Then the video randomly cuts, you see the red flash. Again, who made this video? But right after that flash, the perp is in the room, and the head is no longer visible. It's under a blanket. The footage is edited to make things appear a certain way. Who edited the footage? Keep asking yourself this. LE didn't publish it. A tabloid "journalism" site that buys clickbait stories did. Who sold the footage? So the perp is on camera now. As some have noted, it looks like the person is on a phone and/or being instructed. That is absolutely what is happening IMO. Watch closely. Person appears to be on the phone whether holding it or using earbuds. Appears to be listening and waiting on what to be told to do next. Around 1:31 in the video there is another red flash. After that flash, the person is no longer just waiting around. He is now leaning down and removes the blanket. Again, the footage is edited. I'm not a film expert, but I have edited many videos over the last decade. At that point, it as if the person instructing him said "remove the cover". Slow the portion of the video down. It is obvious IMO that after removing the cover, the person is shocked, and jolts back, stunned at what he is looking at, puts hand to face area, surprised. Even in .25 speed, the jump back motion is quick. Looks like a genuine reaction. Then there is another break in the footage. A strange shooting-star kind of light can be seen on the floor for a moment. The person is now examining Cash and appears to be thinking about the best way to pick him up. Seems to be waiting on a car or another person, thus keeps looking to his right. Once he picks Cash up, the poor boy is limp, doesn't make a sound. His twin is moving in the bed, seeing what happened. Even if Cash was sleeping, he would've moved. JMO. I don't think he was sleeping. The footage then rolls for a moment, showing Carter moving around. I cannot help but keep repeating: why was this footage released and who edited it?

The footage is the crucial part here, because it shows DB in the house, no question - I guess that day, although the video I'm seeing is not timestamped. DB appears in the video, certainly. But that's the only certainty in the video re: DB. There is no evidence he killed Cash, especially considering he hasn't been charged with murder. We the public have a duty to question this footage, as it didn't come from LE. This part reminds me of the Elisa Lam case, in that the footage is, IMO, clearly edited to show a certain narrative, and wasn't released by official LE, and led to people concluding she was mentally ill. EVEN if this footage came from LE, I would still be questioning it, which is why I mentioned the Terry Bevers case earlier. And family talking to reporters. If LE released footage, then LE wants the public to help. If the Daily Mail releases footage, and LE doesn't comment on it, it raises infinite doubt.

DB hasn't been charged with murder because IMO he didn't commit murder. DB is clearly in the morning video and was arrested after being identified in it. But there is much more to this than the footage. IMO Cash was hurt before being picked up in that video. I don't think it is DB in that part of the video. IMO the person in the video may not have killed Cash. I think that person - with help - put Cash in the middle of the road, and then decided to involve DB after the fact, to make it appear DB did all of this. There is a reason DB hasn't been charged with murder. I want justice for Cash. I do not want a miscarriage of justice. This footage being published in the Daily Mail is disgusting and compromises the investigation. Someone made money off of this footage. For all we know the Daily Mail edited the footage to make it look a certain way. I don't know. It is edited, of that I am certain. So because it didn't come from LE, that is a major problem. JMO. Justice for Cash.

I don't have the exact camera that was used to record the footage, but a similar one.
I don't think the footage has been edited.
Our camera only records if there's movement and sends a notification of each indivdual segment of footage it records, I think what we're seeing is the little segments of footage stitched together?
Obviously can't be 100% sure as don't have this exact camera, but that is what it feels like to me.

So I also don't think he was just sleeping in his bed. But maybe he also wasn't dead. Maybe gravely injured. Maybe vomit on him (would explain being carried outstretched like that). Kidnapper guy took him and passed him on. Then he was stabbed and left in the street. He went for poor Cash and was zeroed in on just Cash plus I also agree that he seemed startled when he pulled the cover back. Just my thoughts, could be wrong.

I don't have the exact camera that was used to record the footage, but a similar one.
I don't think the footage has been edited.
Our camera only records if there's movement and sends a notification of each indivdual segment of footage it records, I think what we're seeing is the little segments of footage stitched together?
Obviously can't be 100% sure as don't have this exact camera, but that is what it feels like to me.

Thanks for sharing this. Does your camera system have an option to turn off notifications? Does it also turn on if it hears sound? Is there an option to choose ‘movement activation’ only?
Thanks

Looks to me like you can get from the boy’s home to the place he was found by going around the homes in the neighborhood, using the woods.

Attachments

• 99C88519-7811-4437-972A-027098DA39C1.jpeg
    99C88519-7811-4437-972A-027098DA39C1.jpeg
    240 KB · Views: 43
I think it is what it is.....a murderer, that’s what we saw. Bit of a stretch saying other people were waiting for him to take away into woods to stab before placing in the road.....I think it’s simply what we saw jmo

and Cash looked to move so really doubt he was dead at that point

Texas tot boy stolen from crib: Cash Gernon’s dad is a WANTED FUGITIVE

May 20, 2021

The mysterious father of a young boy found dead on Saturday has numerous felony warrants out for his arrest, according to court documents.

Cash Gernon, 4, was found deceased with multiple wounds lying in the middle of a street in the Mountain Creek neighborhood of Dallas. Authorities on Saturday night arrested 18-year-old Darriynn Brown in connection with the boy’s death. He’s currently facing kidnapping and robbery charges, although authorities said charges will likely be upgraded after the official cause of death is released.

Andy Kahan, Director of Victim Services and Advocacy for Crime Stoppers of Houston, shared court documents with CrimeOnline from the Harris County District Court state that Cash’s father Trevor Gernon is wanted on multiple felonies. Kahan previously worked as a Victim Advocate for the Mayor’s Office and for the Houston Police Department as both a Parole and Probation Officer.

Court documents at the Harris County District Court state that Trevor Gernon is wanted on charges of:

• Unauthorized use of a vehicle (two counts)
  • Fraud
  • Drug possession (two counts)
  • Theft by check
warrants-1-.jpg

Looks to me like you can get from the boy’s home to the place he was found by going around the homes in the neighborhood, using the woods.

Yes, I’m wondering if that’s the route DB took. I made a map showing the locations and possible route. Possible route = speculation.

RED= 7435 Bayberry Lane Darriynn Brown residence
GREEN= 7527 Florina Parkway home where Cash was living
BLUE= 7500 Saddleridge location of Cash’s body

An entrance to the trail system is on Mountain Creek Parkway. This is the yellow circle to the left of the green spot. FFDE944B-34E2-43A8-AB5F-158AB3D5E773.jpeg

I wonder if LE will take it slightly easy on bio dad if he turns himself in, given the death of his child and the nature of his outstanding charges? Similar to someone who steals a laptop but brings it to LE when he discovers CSAM on it?

My confusion increases with every post...surely someone (ex gf, bio mom) has a way to get in touch with him? Is this guy alive?

So I also don't think he was just sleeping in his bed. But maybe he also wasn't dead. Maybe gravely injured. Maybe vomit on him (would explain being carried outstretched like that).

That’s how I’d carry a vomit-covered kid. But it strikes me as how someone unfamiliar w kids would carry a kid. Awkward, not quite sure what to do. I’ve only seen a few stills and haven’t watched the video, though.

More Video, Please. (for LE Review)
I'm a bit behind, but IMO it is two different people. I am appalled that this video was released - no matter the reason. But who released it or who sold it? Why hasn't LE issued a statement about the video? ...
what else they captured, and so on. For all we know, the footage is fake. Of course I do not believe it's fake, but the fact that it didn't come from LE is odd. JMO. Justice for Cash.
@manfromut Thanks for your post w a differing point of view from many others here.
Atm fwiw (well, 2 cents?) I do not agree w all of it, or most of it. But agree - the points you raise need to be considered by LE. And here on W/S too.
One excellent, crucial point you questioned --- what else did the cam's record? Let me add a few other angles.
Preceding the kidnapping? Not just that night/morning, but in previous days/weeks? After the kidnapping? Who else was on cam? What were they doing? What vehicles?
Didn't GF-Monica S. say she installed cam's after break-ins in the neighborhood? Seems like there would be exterior cams too. What did they record?
Did any data from the cam's get deleted/erased? Was it recorded over by auto-delete default or by manual delete? Is the info still in the cloud? Yada, yada, yada.

I imagine LE is very busy gathering this ^ info and much more, which will likely not be released until trial. my2ct. {{ETA. More vid may show no sign of other's involvement in the kidnapping or death, OTOH could show one or more additional persons participating in some way.}}

Last edited:
That’s how I’d carry a vomit-covered kid. But it strikes me as how someone unfamiliar w kids would carry a kid. Awkward, not quite sure what to do. I’ve only seen a few stills and haven’t watched the video, though.
I'm assuming he didn't carry Cash that way all the way, but just to get out of the room quickly without adjusting Cash too much as he was pulled from the bed.

I'm sure the perp carried him in a more normal way or even had Cash walk himself once they got along the route. It would be hard to carry a child like that for long, but it is a way to make the removal in one smooth move.

I don't think he handed him to anyone else.

I hope there is video of him outside, from other houses in the neighborhood.

jmo

Our dog is constantly reacting to movement outside...other dogs, people, rabbits, cats, trucks. At that hour, wouldn't someone's pet (regardless of how circuitous the route) have reacted?

It just seems odd that this little boy, carried as if he were radioactive (facing forward and away from the body), doesn't seem to have caused a stir anywhere until he was found. Someone somewhere must have noticed something.

I've played with the map. I've taken different routes from the comfort of my home and I've calculated the effort required to move that body (whether alive or dead) from where it was picked up to where it was abandoned. Someone somewhere must've seen something. That is the only conclusion I can reach, and if no one saw...was there a vehicle involved?

Yes, I’m wondering if that’s the route DB took. I made a map showing the locations and possible route. Possible route = speculation.

RED= 7435 Bayberry Lane Darriynn Brown residence
GREEN= 7527 Florina Parkway home where Cash was living
BLUE= 7500 Saddleridge location of Cash’s body

An entrance to the trail system is on Mountain Creek Parkway. This is the yellow circle to the left of the green spot. View attachment 298096

Our dog is constantly reacting to movement outside...other dogs, people, rabbits, cats, trucks. At that hour, wouldn't someone's pet (regardless of how circuitous the route) have reacted?

It just seems odd that this little boy, carried as if he were radioactive (facing forward and away from the body), doesn't seem to have caused a stir anywhere until he was found. Someone somewhere must have noticed something.

I've played with the map. I've taken different routes from the comfort of my home and I've calculated the effort required to move that body (whether alive or dead) from where it was picked up to where it was abandoned. Someone somewhere must've seen something. That is the only conclusion I can reach, and if no one saw...was there a vehicle involved?

Is there any reason to believe that DB did not have a vehicle he used to facilitate this crime against Cash?

The living arrangements seem part of the problem. I don't know what to believe about all these statements. Yes, you can argue she is a good person doing the best she can for kids who are not her own, but on the other hand, she must also know how stretched-to-the-limits her resources are.

I go back and forth on what I think of MS, but I'll just add my opinion about living arrangements.

I've lived all my life in NYC in high-rise apartment buildings. While there are plenty of residential neighborhoods with single family homes, most of us live in apartments. Unless it's a NYC billionaire, who have apartments with square footage bigger than most homes, the majority of us have an awful lot less space than homes outside of New York. My co-op has two bedrooms and a terrace, is over 50 years old and is worth $400,000, which is what a huge home would cost in many more rural areas of the country. Newer co-ops cost much more.

I say this to make the point that in NYC, there are often families who are extremely crowded together. In some immigrant families there may literally be 10 people in a two- bedroom. The furnishings are cheap and people are piled up any which way. Yet some of my students, who live in these conditions, have been the best and brightest and happiest of the thousands and thousands of students I've had over the decades. I think the differences between eventual outcomes come down to the child's personality and whether or not they feel safe and loved. Of course I've seen many exceptions, but the shabbiness of MS' home does not necessarily translate into lack of care. It may but it may not.

On another related note, the actions of adults seem to have directly impacted the living conditions, based on what's been stated in MSM. However, we aren't allowed to discuss them because other than DB, everyone else is still considered a victim, as the Mods have told us.

<modsnip>

I don't know anything about editing video so I really can't speak to that, but I do still believe we are seeing what we are seeing. IMO, Cash was very much alive in that bed until he was stolen by DB. In my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

I’ve wondered about dogs along the route as well.
<modsnip>

I wonder if LE will take it slightly easy on bio dad if he turns himself in, given the death of his child and the nature of his outstanding charges? Similar to someone who steals a laptop but brings it to LE when he discovers CSAM on it?

My confusion increases with every post...surely someone (ex gf, bio mom) has a way to get in touch with him? Is this guy alive?
I don't think they should go easy on him Shouldn't they add other charges like child neglect? I do believe he is alive and it was his responsibility to keep the boys save I don't think MS and her family had anything to do with this crime ,it was all DB who is mentally ill I do believe he was talking to voices in his head and when he returns I don't think he meant to take Carter ,he is no longer wearing the murder gear and I actually think he's trying to soothe Carter telling him he has the crib all to himself now I just think its horrific that there was not one responsible adult aside from the grandparents to watch over these babies But I believe that is a separate issue.I also feel bad for MS biological children especially the son who is being painted as the devil in SM I'm sure he never had it easy either....I just hope and pray Carter will have some sort of stability in his life now This case literally breaks my heart

I think it’s possible that he walked with Cash all the way to the trail. Told him to be quiet. They were going on an adventure, he has a secret surprise etc. They’ve probably met a few times before. I think he was attacked when they got to the trees.

Jmo

I go back and forth on what I think of MS, but I'll just add my opinion about living arrangements.

I've lived all my life in NYC in high-rise apartment buildings. While there are plenty of residential neighborhoods with single family homes, most of us live in apartments. Unless it's a NYC billionaire, who have apartments with square footage bigger than most homes, the majority of us have an awful lot less space than homes outside of New York. My co-op has two bedrooms and a terrace, is over 50 years old and is worth $400,000, which is what a huge home would cost in many more rural areas of the country. Newer co-ops cost much more.

I say this to make the point that in NYC, there are often families who are extremely crowded together. In some immigrant families there may literally be 10 people in a two- bedroom. The furnishings are cheap and people are piled up any which way. Yet some of my students, who live in these conditions, have been the best and brightest and happiest of the thousands and thousands of students I've had over the decades. I think the differences between eventual outcomes come down to the child's personality and whether or not they feel safe and loved. Of course I've seen many exceptions, but the shabbiness of MS' home does not necessarily translate into lack of care. It may but it may not.

On another related note, the actions of adults seem to have directly impacted the living conditions, based on what's been stated in MSM. However, we aren't allowed to discuss them because other than DB, everyone else is still considered a victim, as the Mods have told us.

<modsnip>

I don't know anything about editing video so I really can't speak to that, but I do still believe we are seeing what we are seeing. IMO, Cash was very much alive in that bed until he was stolen by DB. In my opinion.

I am mostly concerned about his continuing absence. Even in the worst of circumstances, a parent might react by making their presence known. I wonder if he is well or if he is able to make contact.

Until anything is proven otherwise, everyone in this situation is a victim. The same is true of DB. Until he is formally accused and it is proven he had a hand in Cash's death, we don't know what his role was in full.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member