GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #10 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally caught up on the thread. I didn't want to post until I had read all the answers. I know Christina works for the dating service, what are your job responsibilities? Do clients go to an office and does she photograph them? Does she work set hours or can she set her own hours? Besides photography, what else does she do?
http://starlocalmedia.com/planocour...cle_5978a7b6-3479-11e4-a198-001a4bcf887a.html
Christina is a salesperson and company photographer at Great Expectations, a Fort Worth professional dating service, Jake said.

Those specific questions can only be answered by a company representative.

Mostly people would go on their own and do our best. Hard to rally the troops after it's been so long. Any tips were not thru me. We worked areas we thought best. Mostly guesswork.

It wasn't an order as much as I first thought. They want for us to search only if it's under their umbrella. This is because of the worry off messing up a crime scene or hurting this case. It just wasn't communicated to us lthat well. I'm over any frustration and all is good.

There's been so much chaos in all this that things got mis communicated to us I believe. It's not that they don't want our helps. They just want these searches done right when they happen

Yes of course it is under their umbrella .. since last week the information was released that FBI is involved.
Thank you for all your continued efforts and passion. I am sure that Christina's parents appreciate all that you have done.
http://starlocalmedia.com/planocour...cle_b1ba7a8c-5006-11e4-a2ba-3f2629c2649e.html

Updated information

All surveillance cameras in The Shops at Legacy parking lot were working Aug. 30.
Surveillance footage has been sent off for enhancement.
Christina’s iPhone 5 has a metallic blue case with a black teddy bear sticker on the back made from skateboard grip, according to her mother, Jonni McElroy, in a Facebook post.
Plano PD has been in touch with the FBI; case has not reached the level of their jurisdiction yet.
FBI is not officially working the case, but is involved.
PD believes Christina was last seen wearing black shorts, flip flops and a light-colored t-shirt.
Friends and those with Christina the night she went missing are being treated as witnesses by Plano PD.
More than 200 tips have been received; all are being investigated.

Tilley said that although detectives have received some bizarre tips, nothing has been discounted in their quest to locate the missing woman.

“There’s a lot of information that we’ve obtained that we’re not releasing, mainly just because the information we do have is sensitive enough that … if it does turn into a criminal investigation … we do not necessarily want it out all over the place,” he said.

maybe they've started to uncover clues pointing toward the person they are searching for not actually being missing? Wouldn't of thought that would be a case when I first started reading this but now am starting to suspect it based on the way people are acting.
That could actually sprout off into a few directions.
Not Actually Missing??

We have a 3-NO CASE here
NO BODY
NO CRIME SCENE
NO CONTACT

Quiet today!

Extremely quiet. I assume that means no news. Just rumor and that is forbidden. I can't even find the private FB page. I'm really I. The dark!

It appears on CC jail website that someone was released yesterday, if I am reading it right. Shows scheduled release date to be the 24th, but then shows released on 10-15-2014.

You know...I have decided today that Plano PD has everything they need for this case - except Christina. It's been 47 days.

After 47 days, if they felt that it were a voluntary missing persons case (a la she walked away), I think they would say that and not waste resources on it.
After 47 days, if they still had NO clue what happened to her, they'd trickle out a little more information or details - even false information - just to catch someone in a lie or to see if it jogs someone memory.
After 47 days, if they thought it was stranger abduction, they would issue a warning or continue police presence at Shops at Legacy.

On September 18, PPD tweeted out a picture of a man "Do you recognized this man? He is wanted for questioning in a Fraud case." - They aren't even doing anything like that for Christina.

It's been 47 days and they have released exactly nothing else since September 5. 41 Days. Of Nothing.
It's been 47 days and "someone" told the searchers to stop searching.
It's been 47 days - I feel like the family must know something because if it were me, 47 days later, I'd be hiring a PI, a publicity person, a lawyer and I would be putting PPD on blast. The fact that they're not and continue to support the PD tells me they know something.

So all that put together tells me that PPD has everything they need except Christina. And apparently they're not going to release anything else that will allow the public to give tips or help find her. Such a shame.

47 days. Where is Christina?

You know...I have decided today that Plano PD has everything they need for this case - except Christina. It's been 47 days.

After 47 days, if they felt that it were a voluntary missing persons case (a la she walked away), I think they would say that and not waste resources on it.
After 47 days, if they still had NO clue what happened to her, they'd trickle out a little more information or details - even false information - just to catch someone in a lie or to see if it jogs someone memory.
After 47 days, if they thought it was stranger abduction, they would issue a warning or continue police presence at Shops at Legacy.

On September 18, PPD tweeted out a picture of a man "Do you recognized this man? He is wanted for questioning in a Fraud case." - They aren't even doing anything like that for Christina.

It's been 47 days and they have released exactly nothing else since September 5. 41 Days. Of Nothing.
It's been 47 days and "someone" told the searchers to stop searching.
It's been 47 days - I feel like the family must know something because if it were me, 47 days later, I'd be hiring a PI, a publicity person, a lawyer and I would be putting PPD on blast. The fact that they're not and continue to support the PD tells me they know something.

So all that put together tells me that PPD has everything they need except Christina. And apparently they're not going to release anything else that will allow the public to give tips or help find her. Such a shame.

47 days. Where is Christina?

I'm no fan of PPD
But I'm sure there's a reason
I worry they'll never find her

FindChristina FB:
Christina Morris 23 yr 5'4" 95 lbs is still missing from Plano TX Shops at Legacy parking garage.
We understand your frustration that many details have not and can not be shared.
We have not given up! We still have hope! Everyone misses her like crazy!
Please do not ask questions regarding the investigation .... we are not allowed to answer them.
Please be sensitive because Christina is very loved as a daughter, granddaughter, sister, niece and good friend to many.
Please don't let your questions hurt the family that is already suffering
Please pray for Christina's family and loved ones along with all the Law Enforcement men and women working on her case.
Please pray for all of those who have dedicated their time, love and support. We know the kindness of many strangers and new friends!
Be gentle because the family is very fragile. In Jesus name we pray.
Before typing please consider the family. Thank you all so much!
If you have any information contact Crimestoppers 877-373-TIPS you may give tips anonymously. http://www.ntcc.crimestoppersweb.com/missing.aspx

I haven't been following this case as closely as some of you have, but what exactly is the purpose of the FB page? With all due respect to the family, it seems like it's a lot more trouble than it is worth if no information is going to be posted on it anyway and they spend so much time deleting questions, posts, etc.

JMO

I haven't been following this case as closely as some of you have, but what exactly is the purpose of the FB page? With all due respect to the family, it seems like it's a lot more trouble than it is worth if no information is going to be posted on it anyway and they spend so much time deleting questions, posts, etc.

JMO

It's not just this case, IMO.
I have followed many others that control the FB page and delete any comments posted.
I think they have the page so they can share fliers and any info that they need going out.

JMO

I agree that at most times, the site doesn't feel particularly helpful, and I think your implication that it almost seems counter-productive (with the task of deleting, etc) is especially observant.

Two things to consider (and I promise I'm not attacking your ideas, because I truly do see the validity!)

1. Without it, there'd be considerably less opportunity for exposure. It seems like several attempts for other means of exposure have fallen through (DART, etc.)
Less exposure would mean a possible increase in a perception that the family and friends aren't being proactive (or don't care or any number of things people's brains can conjure up) AND it would force a greater reliance on MSM, which hasn't been so reliable so far...

2. Having a location to post thoughts, support, and prayers for the family is uplifting to the family, but it can also be a source of solace for anyone else "grieving" Christina's absence. (Gotta put it in quotes, because I'm not trying to imply death, just loss.) Consider the therapeutic value of those bereavement sites which offer a guestbook for condolences. Certainly it's of no value to the ones who have passed, but in addition to honoring the family, the opportunity for the guest to express feelings provides an opportunity to process the event in a safe way.

Despite the frustration, I can see the merit in maintaining the fb site...

JMO, IMO, MOO, OMO, YOLO...

It's not just this case, IMO.
I have followed many others that control the FB page and delete any comments posted.
I think they have the page so they can share fliers and any info that they need going out.

So true - the Erin Corwin case comes to mind. They were fanatical on that FB Page. Many people's posts were deleted and they were even thrown out of the group.

So true - the Erin Corwin case comes to mind. They were fanatical on that FB Page. Many people's posts were deleted and they were even thrown out of the group.

Totally!
The only newly active cases, IMO, where FB allowed conversation freely (for the most part) are Hannah Graham and Beverly Carter. The others...all prayers and support. No discussion of investigation/case.

I'm no fan of PPD
But I'm sure there's a reason
I worry they'll never find her

...and sadly many people are never found. We can only continue to hope and pray this is not the case with Christina.
Maybe your sentiments regarding PPD will change; after all, last night you were upset about how the searches were being conducted and that changed, so maybe you will have a change of heart regarding this. No one has any way to know everything PPD is doing and from the latest update, maybe even the FBI. Can't argue with a group like that IMO

...and sadly many people are never found. We can only continue to hope and pray this is not the case with Christina.
Maybe your sentiments regarding PPD will change; after all, last night you were upset about how the searches were being conducted and that changed, so maybe you will have a change of heart regarding this. No one has any way to know everything PPD is doing and from the latest update, maybe even the FBI. Can't argue with a group like that IMO

You're right. And I wish them the best

Interesting fact, I noticed 2 security guards when I was out about 5:30 this morning. Have never really seen them there! I walked my dog from the North side of the shops where I live to the South side where CM was last reported at the apartment.

I agree that at most times, the site doesn't feel particularly helpful, and I think your implication that it almost seems counter-productive (with the task of deleting, etc) is especially observant.

Two things to consider (and I promise I'm not attacking your ideas, because I truly do see the validity!)

1. Without it, there'd be considerably less opportunity for exposure. It seems like several attempts for other means of exposure have fallen through (DART, etc.)
Less exposure would mean a possible increase in a perception that the family and friends aren't being proactive (or don't care or any number of things people's brains can conjure up) AND it would force a greater reliance on MSM, which hasn't been so reliable so far...

2. Having a location to post thoughts, support, and prayers for the family is uplifting to the family, but it can also be a source of solace for anyone else "grieving" Christina's absence. (Gotta put it in quotes, because I'm not trying to imply death, just loss.) Consider the therapeutic value of those bereavement sites which offer a guestbook for condolences. Certainly it's of no value to the ones who have passed, but in addition to honoring the family, the opportunity for the guest to express feelings provides an opportunity to process the event in a safe way.

Despite the frustration, I can see the merit in maintaining the fb site...

JMO, IMO, MOO, OMO, YOLO...

BBM. Well, that's a great point. Seems the family probably can't win either way. If there was no FB page, people would be screaming, "where is the family????"

JMO

Happens in every case. Emotions take over. Often only prayers end up being allowed. The pages get out of hand quickly and families are new at this...they don't know what they are opening themselves up to, Imo. They want tips and sharing of flyers, not to answer questions. It is a tough position to be in.

Wow .. I was really hoping that those grainy vid tapes had been enhanced by now.
One of those other drivers in and around that garage really is the key ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13