GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #10 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe they've started to uncover clues pointing toward the person they are searching for not actually being missing? Wouldn't of thought that would be a case when I first started reading this but now am starting to suspect it based on the way people are acting.

I think they believe she is missing, and they know what happened to her but have no way to prove anything.

I wish this were so.
I believe it's more of a legal thing. They worry someone may disturb evidence if we ran across some. Also people weren't sharing maps and stuff. I don't fully understand it but I get their point. Just like PPD saying they are holding things in case they decide this is a crime.

Either way it's been an exhausting ride but it's their family
I think we all assumed they didn't want the searches to continue. It was a lot of mis communication

I think stopping searches for fear searchers will disturb evidence is ridiculous. Of course evidence is important but ultimately what matters the most is »finding the missing person«!! If my child was missing top priority would be finding the child, and if evidence got disturbed during the search and a conviction wasn't possible I'd feel frustrated but at least I would know where my precious one was. Or if not found, at least know every effort had been made.

PD believes Christina was last seen wearing black shorts, flip flops and a light-colored t-shirt.

More than 200 tips have been received.

Oh, semantics. LE says they believe C was last seen wearing (see quote). It just occurred to me that we, or at least, I have been assuming all along that she was last seen on the surveillance tape. The clothes described above were not what she was wearing in that video.

Meaning: the surveillance video wasn't the last time C was seen?

First they said she had her camera with her, then they said her camera was found at home. They didn't actually say the camera WASN'T with her that night, did they?

MEANING that camera got home somehow...yet Christina didn't?

I've seen the photo on the Facebook page of her blue phone, but I'm fairly sure they don't make an iPhone that color and it didn't appear to be in a case.

Meaning maybe she did have an iPhone, but also had ANOTHER phone?

200 tips seems like a really small number, considering that we have probably come up with thousands of ideas on these threads alone!

I've seen the photo on the Facebook page of her blue phone, but I'm fairly sure they don't make an iPhone that color and it didn't appear to be in a case.

Meaning maybe she did have an iPhone, but also had ANOTHER phone?\

There are little kiosks in malls that will change the front and back of your phone to pretty much any color you want. Its not necessarily a case, they literally remove the white or black pieces of your phone and replace it with colored ones... so that is a possibility if it was actually a metallic blue iphone, i guess.

BBM. Well, that's a great point. Seems the family probably can't win either way. If there was no FB page, people would be screaming, "where is the family????"

I think what happens is they like to control content...
Its a FB page and when a person goes missing everything comes out about the person the good and the bad.
They just try to delete the negative and keep the positive.
Sadly when these things happen its usually the bad things that hold the clues.
All JMO

Quoting again. I've never heard of a lawyer being placed in charge of an investigation by LE or a family.
That is weird imo.

A lawyer instead of a private investigator implies a different goings-on if you ask me.

Strange indeed....

Holly Bobo's parents used a preacher as the spokesperson. Other families have had different relatives or friends as spokespeople. If I had a friend or relative who was a lawyer, I might involve them just because they would likely know more about dealing with LE, etc...not seeing it as automatically odd. Jmo

Holly Bobo's parents used a preacher as the spokesperson. Other families have had different relatives or friends as spokespeople. If I had a friend or relative who was a lawyer, I might involve them just because they would likely know more about dealing with LE, etc...not seeing it as automatically odd. Jmo

Nope...not me. A lawyer I would use for "damage control" or media communications but a PI I would use for answers.
Remember, we have no body, no crime scene & a missing young lady. Answers are needed.

I rarely would trust a lawyer who is friends with some party that could be in conflict with my goals.......even if there was just a hint of it.......nope.

Moo

I think hiring a lawyer is smart.

A PI does his own thing, mostly. He is not usually out in front, Imo. I am sure lots of families have both. Jmo

IMO every family handles situations differently. Maybe the attorney is a close friend and they feel comforted having him involved. Maybe he has experience with MP cases or searching. We really don't know.

Quoting again. I've never heard of a lawyer being placed in charge of an investigation by LE or a family.
That is weird imo.
There are only two reasons to put a lawyer in charge:
A) you don't want to deal with it and have a lawyer friend who you trust is smart, or
B) the resolution is going to be based on laws

I think the answer is (B), because of that, I think it's the OD scenario and the family wants to hang the dealer.

If the answer was (A), the lawyer would be there for help but would have checked his/her ego and asked for more help instead of regulating the little help that was there.

There are only two reasons to put a lawyer in charge:
A) you don't want to deal with it and have a lawyer friend who you trust is smart, or
B) the resolution is going to be based on laws

I think the answer is (B), because of that, I think it's the OD scenario and the family wants to hang the dealer.

If the answer was (A), the lawyer would be there for help but would have checked his/her ego and asked for more help instead of regulating the little help that was there.

Well said....ITA

Jmo I see a desperate family, who one day may have to face seeing someone she knew charged with killing her, or worse, never knowing what happened to her.

Oh my gosh! Every time I'm unable to check the boards a lot during the day there is something going on!!! I totally missed it that the family has hired a lawyer!!!! Link please!

I'm finally able to catch up!

there isn't a link because he is a friend of the family. He hasn't been hired out of the blue. he is assisting in being the intermediate between le and the family and has from the start.
also edited to add this.
The only thing that is different now is he is organizing the searches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads