GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #19 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know searching you realize very quickly if you are in a dove area because of all the shotgun shells. They are searched regardless, however it is very evident when you walk into that type area.

I was thinking more alone the lines of they had to hide her somewhere that was not a dove hunting area.

Do you think they knew it was Dove hunting season? or since no hunters found her, that she must have been place somewhere else?

Do you think they knew it was Dove hunting season? or since no hunters found her, that she must have been place somewhere else?

For some reason I doubt EA knew it was hunting season.. he might have just got real lucky. OR maybe he did go out there (Lake) & noticed hunters & turned back, closer to home...

My opinion only: I'm not convinced of the theory that dove hunting would prevent EA from taking Christina somewhere rural. The hunting season doesn't officially start until Monday, Sept 1st. I'd imagine, like most things in life, there are some people who break the rules and go out early, but I don't necessarily think that every field in the area would be covered with hunters 2 days before the season starts. I also doubt that EA would be aware of dove season, so I don't think that would necessarily cause him to avoid certain areas. I have hope that the recent searches mean PPD is closing in on finding Christina. Wish they would give us a little something more to sleuth!

Not trying to be contentious, but I can't find anything to support your date. Agree to disagree, I guess. I can't get behind the idea of people hunting before the season date? That sounds like warden bait. Maybe things are more lax in Atlanta. That's where all the cool kids are from, I guess.

In Texas, they divide season opening into zones. North Texas, Sept 1 (opening Day) -Oct 20.

If EA left the garage at 4am, the sun started coming out at 6am, I think that's not a lot of time to commit a crime and hide a body in the wild before the hunters could spot you.
Which means, I'd lean more toward him needing to find a secluded spot after daybreak.

I think 99% hunters including myself have probably never even waited till noon much less known of that rule. Same with always starting that saturday

My husband has never waited until noon. They get up at like 4 am and head out!

Just more thoughts on dove season. I’ve hunted in LA, AR, VA, MO and NC for many, many seasons. NEVER was out any earlier than 1030 since the hunting not allowed till noon. Usually sit on the hood or trunk of a car eating while watching for any of the birds. NEVER out on a camp stool before 1145. I’ve seen a game warden when I was younger hand a slew of citations for being out in the field with just unloaded guns. In my years of hunting, there may be some ‘good’ spots, but they will vary depending on who is where in your field and neighboring fields. More hunters, more shooting means the birds will keep moving. In cases where a private land owner is allowing a specific number of spots where hunters have to sign up for them I have seen hunters out early, but then they get something to eat or do other things and come back about 1030-1100. Dove hunting takes place over open fields, preferably a crop field such as corn that has recently been harvested. But over open fields because the doves feed on the ground and will go for the seeds plus doves are one of the hardest game birds to hit so tree limbs are an added obstacle. (If you have a bird feeder, watch the morning doves. They rarely sit in the feeder. They feed on the ground on seeds that have knocked out of the feeder.)
I don’t see EA as a hunter. Therefore I don’t believe he would know a dove hunting area from a deer hunting area. If the evidence was in such a dove hunting field with tall grass, it’s likely they would have stumbled across something. That’s why I believe the next step would be to enlist the deer hunters and make them aware through the flyers. They won’t likely be out in the open fields, but in the woods.

I'm not knowledgeable about I'm not very knowledgeable about dove hunting, but with lots of hunting there is designated areas where it can and can't be done. I would think that if the season opened that day (I know there is some disagreement about this) then there would be a lot of activity out there and he would have avoided the area.

Lucas is east of Allen and starts at Bethany/Lucas rd and Angel parkway. Some areas of Lucas attend Allen schools while others attend Lovejoy

If he didn't dump evidence on property near his house....and it's dove season with hunters out... I would wonder if their family, or someone he knew, owned land not far that he was familiar with?

My father in law owns land not too far from Plano, and when we were younger (10 yrs ago) we would go out there and take friends, and have fires and drink, etc. My thinking was just maybe he is familiar with acreage not far from Allen that he would have been thinking of? If there was any illegal stuff going on, especially during high school days or something, maybe it was a place they would hang out at? Just a thought.

d25a8ffc2a7961c8e79c0ba0ffd43ab9.jpg

This was posted on the public HFCM page a while back. So.....
Not everyone on here is on the private or public pages so we are discussing hunting.
So .... It's a good reminder for anyone missing.
So .... Thanks for helping spread the word.
Thanks to all the hunters who will be on the look out.
I think hunters and any outdoor activities lends itself to helping to find missing.

Well, let me first say everything I am about to say is of my own mind.... My opinion, My assumptions, My speculations, ect....

I wanted to see the parking garage and since it is pretty close to my work, and I was in the area at lunch, I drove through the garage and snapped some photos. I won't post here in case they aren't allowed.... but will share with anyone that may want to see them.

1.) It would be very hard for him to not realize ( or remember) he was in THIS parking lot. This is the one and only that is behind, connected.... to Henry's and it's the only one I saw between Parkwood/Legacy/Bishop roads.

2.) This is a SMALL parking garage. If 2 cars were parked in this garage and two people were going to separate cars they would see each other. Other things to note, the 1st floor is a L shape. There are cameras all over. (I am sure the PPD has more visual) There is no reason for to "go over the wall" as I have heard speculated. The only thing over the wall is the road that goes behind the garage and super nice apartments. if anything had happened over the wall... the apartments are so close, someone would have heard or seen something.

3.) The garage also has a sign stating that cars aren't supposed to be parked overnight. which leaves me asking 2 questions. 1-why didn't they tow it prior to her father picking it up? 2- How many other cars were even parked their at 4am.

4.) The other levels look like they are only for tenets and because others have mentioned going over the wall, I assume that they were on the first floor. all floors are small and if 2 people were parked close on any of these floors they would have seen every move.

5.) He could have very EASILY, gone up Parkwood to Sam Rayburn. I looked around, and there is a lot of building, construction and a body of water. I don't think he would have had time to do anything in this area b/c of the time stamp on when he was in the Custer road area and I'm sure these areas have been looked at.

I'm sure there are other things I was thinking as I drove through and snapped photos but they have escaped me. If you have any questions, I'll answer to the best of my knowledge.

I live in Parker across from Allen and Lucas. Lived here 13 years and every year we are awakened at dawn on September 1st by dove hunter gunshots. The law may say noon, but many jump the gun.....pun intended!

Well, let me first say everything I am about to say is of my own mind.... My opinion, My assumptions, My speculations, ect....

I wanted to see the parking garage and since it is pretty close to my work, and I was in the area at lunch, I drove through the garage and snapped some photos. I won't post here in case they aren't allowed.... but will share with anyone that may want to see them.

1.) It would be very hard for him to not realize ( or remember) he was in THIS parking lot. This is the one and only that is behind, connected.... to Henry's and it's the only one I saw between Parkwood/Legacy/Bishop roads.

2.) This is a SMALL parking garage. If 2 cars were parked in this garage and two people were going to separate cars they would see each other. Other things to note, the 1st floor is a L shape. There are cameras all over. (I am sure the PPD has more visual) There is no reason for to "go over the wall" as I have heard speculated. The only thing over the wall is the road that goes behind the garage and super nice apartments. if anything had happened over the wall... the apartments are so close, someone would have heard or seen something.

3.) The garage also has a sign stating that cars aren't supposed to be parked overnight. which leaves me asking 2 questions. 1-why didn't they tow it prior to her father picking it up? 2- How many other cars were even parked their at 4am.

4.) The other levels look like they are only for tenets and because others have mentioned going over the wall, I assume that they were on the first floor. all floors are small and if 2 people were parked close on any of these floors they would have seen every move.

5.) He could have very EASILY, gone up Parkwood to Sam Rayburn. I looked around, and there is a lot of building, construction and a body of water. I don't think he would have had time to do anything in this area b/c of the time stamp on when he was in the Custer road area and I'm sure these areas have been looked at.

I'm sure there are other things I was thinking as I drove through and snapped photos but they have escaped me. If you have any questions, I'll answer to the best of my knowledge.

Good info, thanks! I had been wanting to go check it out myself. As well as the route he took home.

yeah, I guess what shocked me the most is just how small it is and how everything is visible. Just cemented who I believe did it.
Good info, thanks! I had been wanting to go check it out myself. As well as the route he took home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState