GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #24 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.knowmyrights.org/knowled...rs/are-police-required-to-show-search-warrant

If police have a search warrant, do they have to show it to me?

No. The Supreme Court has never ruled that police must present the warrant when performing a search. The purpose of the warrant is to establish legal authority to conduct the search and create a paper trail in case the search is challenged. Since executing a search warrant is considered a high-risk activity for police, officers are permitted to enter quickly and forcefully. If you have doubts about the legality of a search warrant issued against you or your property, you'll need to discuss the matter with your attorney.

*sigh* Set the feelings aside. If you are arrested for a felony, you're going to want to know what they have against you. Your lawyer is going to want to know what they have. It is your right to know. I believe the sealed warrant is sealed from public knowledge not the defense attorney. I'm not a lawyer, I didn't play one on TV, and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express, but this is common sense/basic rights 101. No?

I agree a person should know eventually and that's why when your face criminal charges you hire a lawyer to get that information. I understand if someone is innocent facing these charges it would be hard look at all the people who have been discovered innocent later that were convicted. However the defense do not have to prove he's innocent and prosecution obviously felt the case may suffer or the want to control the media, but my guess they are wanting to get more evidence because if attorney sees it now it might not be enough in his eyes. I don't really know why but I do believe having the ability to seal is probably for the benefit of Le and prosecution

But I get what your saying you or I wouldn't want to be the ones sitting there innocent not knowing what is in sealed documents but he does know what he's charged for and why.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Suicide watches are pretty much automatic for a felony arrest that may turn into a murder charge, Imo.

Valid point butttt
He wasn't there the first few hours and then he got moved. IF it's standard protocol Id think he would just be there from the start. Not booked into a cell block. Removed. Moved to the inferm.

Jmo but that's a lot of work

I have yet to see a reason (other than rumor & speculation) not to believe LE when they say HF's drug arrest and EA's arrest for kidnapping Christina aren't connected. My opinion, of course. BTW, I'm not standing up for HF -- I've not had a shred of sympathy for him throughout the past 3 months, as I feel he completely let Christina down when she needed him most. I just don't see the link between HF and EA, drugs or no.

Well how about the texts from ea to hf in the garage? and those are just the ones we know about. ...

Valid point butttt
He wasn't there the first few hours and then he got moved. IF it's standard protocol Id think he would just be there from the start. Not booked into a cell block. Removed. Moved to the inferm.

Jmo but that's a lot of work

he was probably under pretty darn close supervision from the git-go...

I wish that were true. We out up yesterday.....torn down this morning already. IMO that is really disrespectful. Why would someone do that? It's disturbing sort of. Jmo
Maybe the neighbor who didn't want her house shown doesn't like things messing up the neighborhood? I don't view it as such but only explanation I can think of. Or maybe people don't like the attention ea has brought to their nice hood. Makes no sense to me and is not only disrespectful but rude.

I thought the VI's confirmed those all came from Christina?

Idk how a text can be confirmed as being for sure from one person to another. No disrespect to a vi.
There's no voice indicating who it is. It could be anyone typing a keypad. I mean I am Pamela Anderson! :)
Jmo

*sigh* Set the feelings aside. If you are arrested for a felony, you're going to want to know what they have against you. Your lawyer is going to want to know what they have. It is your right to know. I believe the sealed warrant is sealed from public knowledge not the defense attorney. I'm not a lawyer, I didn't play one on TV, and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express, but this is common sense/basic rights 101. No?

Yes, of course they will want to know. But do some searching and you will see that apparently, they do not always get access to the information. I agree it seems odd and is apparently a source of contention among those in the legal field. And I want nothing more than a fair and proper trial for this guy...seriously, it would be devastating if (a) the wrong person were convicted (why would we want the perp walking free?) or (b) the right person gets off on a technicality. I am not on the jury so I can be a little more emotional here...but yes, I want a fair trial and for the right person to be convicted.

Idk how a text can be confirmed as being for sure from one person to another. No disrespect to a vi.
There's no voice indicating who it is. It could be anyone typing a keypad. I mean I am Pamela Anderson! :)
Jmo

Refresh my memory...my mind is swimming in a sea of information and posited scenarios. Do we know for sure if the exchanges were all texts, all calls, or a definite combination of the two? Was the nature ever confirmed?

Jmo

Hi Pamela. Beyoncé here. :) Well we know she left him a voice mail from EA's phone so if the text's are the same subject matter of the voice mail that would be a pretty good indicator of who sent it. IDK it's kind of confusing...I'll give you that.

Refresh my memory...my mind is swimming in a sea of information and posited scenarios. Do we know for sure if the exchanges were all texts, all calls, or a definite combination of the two? Was the nature ever confirmed?

I think it was one call and two or three texts. Nature was leaving the door unlocked I thought. Have a feeling we don't have all the info about content and whose phone was used when for what. IMO

Oh honey, don't kid yourself. I see plenty of men (journalists, activists, ppl who're into politics, columnists, etc) bickering over theee silliest points on Twitter (on various topics) on a regular basis. [emoji6]

Silliest? We only bicker over stuff like sports or cars.

Hi Pamela. Beyoncé here. :) Well we know she left him a voice mail from EA's phone so if the text's are the same subject matter of the voice mail that would be a pretty good indicator of who sent it. IDK it's kind of confusing...I'll give you that.

Beyonce I love the new mansion you and Jay bought.

For me, the texts can't really be confirmed. Only calls bc of voicemail.
Jmo!
I woke up like this.

Regarding the arrest warrant and search warrant. Based on my years of watching detective shows on TV, don't they have to "serve" you the warrant before entering the premises? The person they serve then has a chance to review it and I would assume they would get to keep a copy?? I would think his attorney has to be given those documents. How else could he prepare for a bail hearing if he doesn't know what his client is being charged with. I wouldnt think they could keep someone in jail for 30 days while the warrants are sealed without providing a reason. Have I watched one too many episodes of McMillan & Wife?

LE has to serve a search warrant for home based on sealed warrant for arrest, signed by judge

Silliest? We only bicker over stuff like sports or cars.

Oh, man...just browse through any newspaper comments section for some of the most ridiculous, lowest common denominator bickering from both sexes, lol. Anyway, I am out for the night. Fingers crossed for a week filled with good news for Christina's family.

I thought the VI's confirmed those all came from Christina?

No not all of them,jmom said one was unknown, also if texts were sent anyone could have texted hf from EA's phone

Regarding the sealed warrant-

(d) An order issued under this section may not:

(1) prohibit the disclosure of information relating to the contents of a search warrant, the return of a search warrant, or the inventory of property taken pursuant to a search warrant; or

(2) affect the right of a defendant to discover the contents of an affidavit.

- See more at: http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/txstatutes/CR/1/18/18.011#sthash.tm2T8mrL.dpuf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur