GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #25 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
O/T, but Eric & Kim Williams, neither have atty listed, and we know they have one. A lot of jails do not list attorney at all.

That is in a different county. From what I can see, no one has attorneys listed or visitors listed. Where the county EA is in does things differently.

O/T, but Eric & Kim Williams, neither have atty listed, and we know they have one. A lot of jails do not list attorney at all.

I went back and searched, but I didn't see either Eric or Kimberly (or Kim) listed. Are they in another Collin County facility?

No need to be snarky with your last comment! I never said newspaper don't make mistakes.

I wasn't being snarky...I made a peace sign at the end of it.

I always wonder what good the news people think it does to just stand outside of a place. No one ever comes out. Then, at is seems was done here, they just seem to take the word of whomever is standing around giving statements.

Reminds me of the OJ Simpson chase where one of Howard Stern's listeners got through on the phone to one of the major networks and did the Baba Booey bit to them on live television.

Why would his family (who has proclaimed his innocence) allow him to sit in jail for going on 5 full days now without an attorney? I would think that would be priority number 1. And if they can't provide one for him, wouldn't a public defender be appointed for him?

I believe, based on articles, that PJ is representing him and its a clerical error on the Collin County website. He also has no court documents filed yet, which is interesting to me.

I'm sure if someone messages BF on FB or Twitter she could do some research to find out officially who his attorney is and why it's not listed. She was going to be looking into his immigration status today based on the tweets posted here last night.

As of now, there is no attorney of record for EA. If there were, that attorney would have been at the arraignment and listed in his jail records.

Scroll through the jail record of the other inmates. Everyone represented by an attorney has an attorney listed.

Do you think Collin County would simply make an exception for EA to not list his attorney? They can't. That information is public record.

Whatever attorney Accion America had or has - again, apparently Paul Johnson - is not listed as EA's attorney at present, nor is any other attorney. That's not an opinion; that is a fact demonstrated by Collin County's own website and records.

We'll agree to disagree. I think Johnson is hired by Accion America/Quintana and just advising in that role. You think he's EA's attorney. Collin County lists no attorney, and no objections were made to the bail at arraignment, which is highly unusual for defendants who have an attorney present. Therefore, I don't think the family has hired an attorney yet; nor, does it appear, that one has been appointed by the court.

I am sure when PJ told him his fee to represent EA they declined to hire him. Probably way to expensive!

That is in a different county. From what I can see, no one has attorneys listed or visitors listed. Where the county EA is in does things differently.

I know it's a different county. I'm local. Sure, CC does things differently, but just because an atty is not listed doesn't mean he doesn't have one!

Why would his family (who has proclaimed his innocence) allow him to sit in jail for going on 5 full days now without an attorney? I would think that would be priority number 1. And if they can't provide one for him, wouldn't a public defender be appointed for him?

I believe, based on articles, that PJ is representing him and its a clerical error on the Collin County website. He also has no court documents filed yet, which is interesting to me.

I'm sure if someone messages BF on FB or Twitter she could do some research to find out officially who his attorney is and why it's not listed. She was going to be looking into his immigration status today based on the tweets posted here last night.

I just sent my hubby a text to find out. ;)

Sure, they may do things differently, but just because an atty is not listed doesn't mean he doesn't have one!

I agree with you and TCMom. Why on earth wouldn't he have an attorney? And why would high profile defense attny Paul Johnsin speak to numerous reporters from different outlets as recently as Tuesday representing himself as EA's attny if he wasn't? That could get him disbarred. http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/loca...ers-vanish-near-suspects-allen-home/20467141/

I know it's a different county. I'm local. Sure, CC does things differently, but just because an atty is not listed doesn't mean he doesn't have one!

I know you are, but not everyone is local. See JnRyans post above. They were not sure. Which is why I posted. I was trying to be helpful!

I was once arrested in CC and spent several hours. It was later dismissed, but I had an attorney and he was never listed. You could look it up today and there is still no evidence that I had an attorney.

I was once arrested in CC and spent several hours. It was later dismissed, but I had an attorney and he was never listed. You could look it up today and there is still no evidence that I had an attorney.

Interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Ok. I don't have the answers. Not sure what I even believe at this point. That isn't what I meant by doing things differently. To clarify, what I meant by different was in KC, they don't list attorney/visitors but in CC they do list attorney/visitors. My first thought is by not seeing it and him being there for four days, if he had one, it would be entered by now. My second thought is, there is no way he doesn't have one, so it is just an error.

I could see why yours doesn't have one because you were in there for such a minimal time. By the time you got one and everything was done, you were out. He has been there for four days.

I keep going back and forth on this one.

He's not listed. It's already been posted twice today by me, and once yesterday by someone else. I think it's this Accion American thing that has people confused. If he has a contract with AA/CQ and just goes out with him to do...well, whatever it is AA/CQ do (anyone?)...that's misleading.

Seems to me that if he's been paid by the family and is the attorney, why would Collin County not have him in the official records? I think - but don't know - that attorneys have to submit letters of representation to the court/police...or, at least show up at something like an arraignment and be listed on that type of paperwork.

I can't imagine that on the arraignment paperwork that if and attorney were present for the defendant that he/she would not also be listed as the defendant's attorney in the County's own inmate listings.

But, who know, maybe I'm overthinking it :thinking: ...or, underthinking it.

Thanks quailfoot.

I think this who is Ea's atty.... or does he have one mystery can be solved. I also think it is public info for someone in jail in this county. (?) I'm not where I can check anything right now, so I'm reading here and waiting for a definitive answer. However, I thought Quailfoot already posted a definitive answer.... with a legit link. TIA.

I am sure when PJ told him his fee to represent EA they declined to hire him. Probably way to expensive!

Yes, that's what I've stated from the beginning: I doubt they have the money to hire a big shot attorney.

They may have paid a retainer fee to someone (Accion America?) at some point (which seemed like when the picketing occurred?). But, the fee for a felony one would be steeper than just a retainer paid to a "spokesperson"/immigrant rights organization and their mouthpiece and attorney.

But, logic would follow that a good defense attorney would have fought a $1 million bail at arraignment given that EA cooperated without an attorney and in the 100+ days that followed CM's disappearance, he didn't flee. Seems like he barely even left the city.

It would be rare for an attorney the stature of Paul Johnson, if he was at the arraignment, to hear the prosecutor ask for a $1 million bond and just assent to it. That's not "vigorous" defense as is required of attorneys by the State Bar. In fact, that would be the kind of "representation" that could get a case overturned, heard a second time, and/or an attorney disciplined by the State Bar.

So, again, I don't think there was an attorney - Paul Johnson or otherwise - at the arraignment. And, still doubt, when the dust settles, that he'll be the attorney if there is a trial.

I think this who is Ea's atty.... or does he have one mystery can be solved. I also think it is public info for someone in jail in this county. (?) I'm not where I can check anything right now, so I'm reading here and waiting for a definitive answer. However, I thought Quailfoot already posted a definitive answer.... with a legit link. TIA.

Did they read him his rights about getting an attorney? Did he understand his rights?

Ok. I don't have the answers. Not sure what I even believe at this point. That isn't what I meant by doing things differently. To clarify, what I meant by different was in KC, they don't list attorney/visitors but in CC they do list attorney/visitors. My first thought is by not seeing it and him being there for four days, if he had one, it would be entered by now. My second thought is, there is no way he doesn't have one, so it is just an error.

I could see why yours doesn't have one because you were in there for such a minimal time. By the time you got one and everything was done, you were out. He has been there for four days.

I keep going back and forth on this one.
It wasn't dismissed for a few months so for a few months it was active. I never made any attempt to have him listed and apparently he didn't either. But, the DA knew who to talk to, meaning they never contacted me again and the attorney notified me when it was dismissed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95