GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #25 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say no. A friend of mine got wrapped up in a missing person investigation. They ripped apart his car. He was cleared thankfully but the car was returned in shreds. Along w his room and computers. I get it but then I don't.

IMO IME JMO

i don't get it ... that sucks I thnik they should have to put it back together or somehow otherwise compensate you thats rediculous.

Right, unless they have proof that something happened the minute they got in the garage.. Of course, just because they were walking casually, like friends certainly doesn't mean things didn't drastically change.. the only quick analogy I can think of (and probably not a real good one...lol) is John Lennon... The killer was very friendly to Lennon earlier in the day, got his autograph, thanked him and a few hours later shot him 4 times...

wow, that was a sad sad day.........

Did they read him his rights about getting an attorney? Did he understand his rights?

I'm guessing, yes to both. First, that seems like a pretty basic thing; and, I think police officers even carry around little cards with them to get the wording correct.

Second, I think that if EA has enough of a grip on the world to be a "manager" of a Spring store, he probably has enough of a grasp of someone standing in front of him speaking words.

But...you never know. Would hate to think that the whole thing crashed just because an officer didn't pull out the little card and read it to him. I'm betting they were chomping at the bit to read it to him after three+ months of sniffing around his scene.

i don't get it ... that sucks I thnik they should have to put it back together or somehow otherwise compensate you thats rediculous.

I think the police would say it's ridiculous to be caught up in a criminal investigation. Not saying I agree with them tearing up houses and cars and things. Just saying...try to stay out of trouble and it likely won't happen to you.

I'm guessing, yes to both. First, that seems like a pretty basic thing; and, I think police officers even carry around little cards with them to get the wording correct.

Second, I think that if EA has enough of a grip on the world to be a "manager" of a Spring store, he probably has enough of a grasp of someone standing in front of him speaking words.

But...you never know. Would hate to think that the whole thing crashed just because an officer didn't pull out the little card and read it to him. I'm betting they were chomping at the bit to read it to him after three+ months of sniffing around his scene.

And the judge also reminds you of your rights during arraignment, so I'm sure he was read his rights.

Am I missing something, because according to reports Arochi hired Paul Johnson as his attorney the week of Nov 6 and two days ago, he was being quoted as still being his attorney.

Nov 6 2014
At this time, Arochi, who hired attorney Paul Johnson this week, is not a suspect in the disappearance of Morris.
http://starlocalmedia.com/allenamer...cle_fe967e7a-661b-11e4-908d-8b1d2710f0e3.html

Dec 15, 2014
Arochi is being held at the Collin County Jail on $1 million bond. His attorney, Paul Johnson, said he hasn't seen the arrest affidavit or the search warrant, and would not comment until he's seen those documents.
http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/loca...ers-vanish-near-suspects-allen-home/20467141/

Yeah I mostly don't get it either but I understand why they did it.
They should have to pay for repairs if the suspect is cleared IMO

Yes, that's what I've stated from the beginning: I doubt they have the money to hire a big shot attorney.

They may have paid a retainer fee to someone (Accion America?) at some point (which seemed like when the picketing occurred?). But, the fee for a felony one would be steeper than just a retainer paid to a "spokesperson"/immigrant rights organization and their mouthpiece and attorney.

But, logic would follow that a good defense attorney would have fought a $1 million bail at arraignment given that EA cooperated without an attorney and in the 100+ days that followed CM's disappearance, he didn't flee. Seems like he barely even left the city.

It would be rare for an attorney the stature of Paul Johnson, if he was at the arraignment, to hear the prosecutor ask for a $1 million bond and just assent to it. That's not "vigorous" defense as is required of attorneys by the State Bar. In fact, that would be the kind of "representation" that could get a case overturned, heard a second time, and/or an attorney disciplined by the State Bar.

So, again, I don't think there was an attorney - Paul Johnson or otherwise - at the arraignment. And, still doubt, when the dust settles, that he'll be the attorney if there is a trial.

so why has he not had a public defender assigned to him he is facing a class 1 felony. Don't they have to have a hearing to agree bail? How do you know they haven't set that up?

So I'm guessing it is standard for a Immigration Detainer to be placed on anyone who isn't a US citizen with this type of charge. Here is one for a 17 year old.... one thing and only one thing made me chuckle about this... can you find it? Also, I'm guessing his bond amounts are lower b/c the person isn't probably still missing and he does have an attorney listed. So I wonder if EA really just hasn't retained an attorney, although according to MSM he had one.... so confusing. At the end of the day, I don't care if he gets his fair day in court, I care that Christina's family has no more suffering and no more worrying. I pray that she is alive, I pray she isn't suffering, and I pray everyday she comes home soon!
2014-12-17_133314.jpg

I think the police would say it's ridiculous to be caught up in a criminal investigation. Not saying I agree with them tearing up houses and cars and things. Just saying...try to stay out of trouble and it likely won't happen to you.

but for this topic the discussion was SPECIFICALLY about people who were cleared.

So I'm guessing it is standard for a Immigration Detainer to be placed on anyone who isn't a US citizen with this type of charge. Here is one for a 17 year old.... one thing and only one thing made me chuckle about this... can you find it? Also, I'm guessing his bond amounts are lower b/c the person isn't probably still missing and he does have an attorney listed. So I wonder if EA really just hasn't retained an attorney, although according to MSM he had one.... so confusing. At the end of the day, I don't care if he gets his fair day in court, I care that Christina's family has no more suffering and no more worrying. I pray that she is alive, I pray she isn't suffering, and I pray everyday she comes home soon!
View attachment 65813

If he doesn't get a fair day in court, then he will be found innocent even if his is guilty. That is not what anyone would want. Everyone deserves a fair day in court because that is their right and the law. And we want guilty parities to be sentenced and not walk because they were not giving a fair day in court.

yeah.... you are right.... very right. Just frustrated that we have the guy (IMO) but we don't have her:(

If he doesn't get a fair day in court, then he will be found innocent even if his is guilty. That is not what anyone would want. Everyone deserves a fair day in court because that is their right and the law. And we want guilty parities to be sentenced and not walk because they were not giving a fair day in court.

View attachment 65813

hehe... wife and a girlfriend, huh? And this one only says "Sister" not "Sister / Step Sister" hmmm..

I don't want to get too off topic but I think that is naïve to an extent. Yeah, if your an engineer and go to work, come home, play with the dog and kids, you are right. But, when you have an occupation where you help the public, then you don't always know what will come. LOL, between dashcam and other video cameras, you are most likely being recorded when you are around me. Too many frauds and opportunists.

View attachment 65813

BBM SizeBM

Wow. Ok then. I disagree. I think anyone accused deserves a fair day in court. Would you not want one? Yes, I know that you would never find yourself in this situation. Who here would ? But if you did.... would you want a fair day, if not for yourself, a loved one?? Sincere question

Originally Posted by hockeymom4

yeah.... you are right.... very right. Just frustrated that we have the guy (IMO) but we don't have her:(

You have the guy. in your opinion.... The legal system has not convicted Ea. That remains to be seen. Also the contents of the warrant may be surprising.... to some.

This. Because appellate courts have been known to overturn/throw out sentences if defendants are found to have been represented by counsel who are either incompetent or not vigorous in their defense.

That's what appellate courts do. They don't review witness testimony. They review what the actions and objections were of the attorneys, according to the record of the proceedings. Appellate court justices can spot pretty quickly whether an attorney has objected where he/she needed to, whether prosecution withheld evidence, or a judge did not allow evidence or objections that should have been allowed.

In short, the appellate is the check of the trial courts in the judicial system. You want EA to have good representation so that, if he is convicted, the decision doesn't get overturned.

Don't let you desire for revenge or anger overrun common sense.

OT - LOL a wife and a girlfriend?

View attachment 65813

so why has he not had a public defender assigned to him he is facing a class 1 felony. Don't they have to have a hearing to agree bail? How do you know they haven't set that up?

He may not have. And, if he had no attorney, how would he know to object for himself?

I'm just going off the County records. And, County records show no attorney. Plus, you look at his bail versus bail for others with similar or worse charges, and it's quite high. That leads me to believe that their either was no attorney present. Or, there was an attorney present who wasn't competent enough to object.

The prosecution has to be careful not to overreach here as well. They may be eager to get this behind them. But, they can't get so eager that they cut corners/bully and, thus, make an appeal ripe for an overturning of a possible guilty verdict.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member