GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #25 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He may not have. And, if he had no attorney, how would he know to object for himself?

I'm just going off the County records. And, County records show no attorney. Plus, you look at his bail versus bail for others with similar or worse charges, and it's quite high. That leads me to believe that their either was no attorney present. Or, there was an attorney present who wasn't competent enough to object.

The prosecution has to be careful not to overreach here as well. They may be eager to get this behind them. But, they can't get so eager that they cut corners/bully and, thus, make an appeal ripe for an overturning of a possible guilty verdict.

BBM - Or there was enough in the arrest warrant for the judge to set a high bail. MOO

He may not have. And, if he had no attorney, how would he know to object for himself?

I'm just going off the County records. And, County records show no attorney. Plus, you look at his bail versus bail for others with similar or worse charges, and it's quite high. That leads me to believe that their either was no attorney present. Or, there was an attorney present who wasn't competent enough to object.

The prosecution has to be careful not to overreach here as well. They may be eager to get this behind them. But, they can't get so eager that they cut corners/bully and, thus, make an appeal ripe for an overturning of a possible guilty verdict.
I assumed that the bail was set that high was because of the mountain of evidence that has been gathered. I believe that the sealing of the warrant for 30 days because it may hurt the ongoing investigation was telling. Add that to Tilley's comments regarding additional arrests and I'm getting the feel that the evidence is very incriminating and that others are involved. Obviously the judge felt like $1,000,000 was suitable...

I've looked up people in Collin County many, many times and have never seen a current inmate not have a listing under the case lookup section. I find it very unusual that EA is not listed there yet. That is where the attorney would usually be listed also along with court dates and cost.

I've looked up people in Collin County many, many times and have never seen a current inmate not have a listing under the case lookup section. I find it very unusual that EA is not listed there yet. That is where the attorney would usually be listed also along with court dates and cost.

What could that mean?

If he doesn't get a fair day in court, then he will be found innocent even if his is guilty. That is not what anyone would want. Everyone deserves a fair day in court because that is their right and the law. And we want guilty parities to be sentenced and not walk because they were not giving a fair day in court.

This!!

I would also like to add about the fair day in court:
Anything that impairs the presumption of innocence during "fair day in court" would be a violation of the 14th Amendment and for good measure I suppose I can dig out the Magna Carta 39 and throw in the 5th & 8th Amendments as well .....just to toss around .

This. Because appellate courts have been known to overturn/throw out sentences if defendants are found to have been represented by counsel who are either incompetent or not vigorous in their defense.

That's what appellate courts do. They don't review witness testimony. They review what the actions and objections were of the attorneys, according to the record of the proceedings. Appellate court justices can spot pretty quickly whether an attorney has objected where he/she needed to, whether prosecution withheld evidence, or a judge did not allow evidence or objections that should have been allowed.

In short, the appellate is the check of the trial courts in the judicial system. You want EA to have good representation so that, if he is convicted, the decision doesn't get overturned.

Don't let you desire for revenge or anger overrun common sense.

:goodpost: :tyou: We don't want him to get a free ride back to Mexico or Honduras in a rush to convict.

Was there anything in MSM about his arraignment?

I didn't see anything. That's why I asked Quailfoot how he knew EA didn't have an attorney present and how he knew bail wasn't objected. I haven't seen anything other than what Quailfoot posted.

I don't know. Why? I thought she was wearing sandals the morning she disappeared. Did she have socks on with the sandals?

Since she sounds like she is into fashion I'm going to guess she wouldn't wear socks with sandals. JMO though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95