GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #25 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a "search" warrant that was sealed? While i have read some comments here saying so, my sense is that those comments are based on a mistaken interchange of the terms "warrant" and "search warrant" with the belief that the two are synonymous (and they aren't).

Maybe I missed something, but my understanding is that what was sealed was the ARREST warrant for Arochi, rather than a search warrant. The arrest warrant would include information pertaining to the broader case, and would justify being kept private if (for example) the arrest included allegations of working with certain others that are still being investigated and have yet to be arrested. You don't want to alert them that you are onto them, by writing out what you think you know of the activities and making it public.

Not sure if this was cleared up but there was a search warrant executed for his house for the first time on the same day he was arrested. Both the search warrant and arrest warrant were sealed.

Agreed. The argument that PPD hasn't acknowledged that a crime was committed was valid a month ago. EA is in jail for AK with a $1,000,000 bond, his home was searched for 13hrs, his car is at CSI. It's silly and a waste of bandwidth to continue an argument on whether PPD believes that a crime has been committed. But, I'll scroll and roll...

thank you for saying this!

Coldpizza or other mod - is this forum being moderated per reply or something? maybe just something kooky going on. Since last night - sometimes if I refresh, there are suddenly replies upstream that I didn't see before (mixed in with replies that I have seen). I'm pretty thorough about reading all the replies and not just skimming. It's confusing me - I don't think I'm crazy, but there is always that possibility. :) Thanks!

I am not a mod...

but I was at first puzzled by this phenomenon!

However... I found when I post a comment while others are posting... And/or my post starts another page...

My post remains on the same page (even if it ultimately transfers to the next page) until I refresh...and at times the other comments being simultaneously posted don't show up until I refresh...

HTH...:seeya:

This is beyond confusing. So EA is in jail for AK. The arrest stems from DNA collected, correct? But he's in jail for AK specifically of Christina, right? So why mention the DNA then say it's not confirmed it belongs to Christina? Surely they have something on that wiped phone or something but seriously this is such a strange retraction of news reported.

I am not a mod...

but I was at first puzzled by this phenomenon!

However... I found when I post a comment while others are posting... And/or my post starts another page...

My post remains on the same page (even if it ultimately transfers to the next page) until I refresh...and at times the other comments being simultaneously posted don't show up until I refresh...

HTH...:seeya:

Thanks for posting this. I have noticed the scenario you describe, but I hadn't been actively posting today (not since 4:04pm yesterday) - only reading, so I think what I have been seeing was unrelated to me posting. Who knows...computers do kooky things some time. :loveyou:

I have read this several times - DNA matched, No that's not confirmed. What could they have to charge AK? I thought they first had to prove that she was in his car - but what do I know? I'm learning something here every day. Could they just be going by his injuries, car damage, co-workers statements? That doesn't seem like enough. Please make more arrests today!!
My understanding of the wording was that LE didn't say there wasn't a DNA match, they just said that they hadn't confirmed it with media. Who knows what they meant though.

I just want to put this out there. A crime against Christina has been committed. It's very evident since she is still missing almost 4 months since she walked in to the parking garage with Enrique. He is has been charged with aggravated kidnapping. His home was searched and evidence collected for 13 hours. PPD knows what they are doing. He would not be there if they didn't think a crime had been committed. IMO

We want Christina home, that is all. We deserve to know the truth and what happened to her and she deserves to be with her family. That is what we are concerned with. Y'all can go back and forth as much as you want to try and place blame wherever you would like. That is your right to do so, and everyone has their own opinion. But slander, harassment, and defamation goes two ways also. That is a fact.
Well said. The mark of an intelligent mind is one that can entertain a thought without necessarily believing it to be true. I think we can all do that and have our own opinions without insult..

"The DNA evidence and the details that surround that... if we were able to release that, you would understand it more," said Plano police spokesman David Tilley. "Unfortunately, we're unable to release that."

"The basis of this arrest stems in part from the results of DNA samples that had been collected earlier in the investigation,” Tilley says.*
http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/201...-with-disappearance-of-christina-morris.html/

IMO I believe the above statements say it all. They can not release details and have not said what DNA was found and where. The documents that led to the arrest have been sealed for 30 days and until those become available it is going to be speculations and assumptions but I do not believe misinformation is coming from PPD. They seem to be very vague and tight lipped.

Wondering where the DNA was found...
Car ?
Vacuum ?
EA's home ?
All of the above ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"The DNA evidence and the details that surround that... if we were able to release that, you would understand it more," said Plano police spokesman David Tilley. "Unfortunately, we're unable to release that."

"The basis of this arrest stems in part from the results of DNA samples that had been collected earlier in the investigation,” Tilley says.*
http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/201...-with-disappearance-of-christina-morris.html/

IMO I believe the above statements say it all. IThey can not release details and have not said what DNA was found and where. The documents that led to the arrest have been sealed for 30 days and until those become available it is going to be speculations and assumptions but I do not believe misinformation is coming from PPD. They seem to be very vague and tight lipped.
I have posted this a few time also. Decided to add the better part in my signature with link...lol. It really does speak volumes IMO

Did Tilley say there might more arrests this week or did I dream that? I've been trying to find a link where he stated such but am having a hard time locating. Help?!? TIA!

Did Tilley say there might more arrests this week or did I dream that? I've been trying to find a link where he stated such but am having a hard time locating. Help?!? TIA!

I don't think he specifically said it would be this week. Here's what I found from Thread #24

"Tilley said that as the investigation unfolds it is possible that other arrests may be made and additional charges may be filed.

"We still believe somebody out there has some information and they’re just not coming out with it," Tilley said."

ETA: Here's the article, its by Brittany F.
http://starlocalmedia.com/allenamer...cle_0a754788-82e3-11e4-a7a1-43456d7ec818.html

To my knowledge, Tilley didn't state when additional arrests might be made. I don't think they would give a time frame like that on arrests. JMO

I don't think he specifically said it would be this week. Here's what I found from Thread #24

"Tilley said that as the investigation unfolds it is possible that other arrests may be made and additional charges may be filed.

"We still believe somebody out there has some information and they’re just not coming out with it," Tilley said."

ETA: Here's the article, its by Brittany F.
http://starlocalmedia.com/allenamer...cle_0a754788-82e3-11e4-a7a1-43456d7ec818.html

So I have a really dumb question. Please be kind. If she willingly got in his car and they drove off and something happened elsewhere, this is still aggravated kidnapping? Or does this charge pretty much rule out the fact that she got in his car willingly?

I don't know what their view is, as to what transpired. They haven't told us anything, other than they are arresting Arochi for the crime of aggravated kidnapping.

Their views might say - - -
It could be that she got in the car willingly, and then he took her somewhere against her will, and didn't let her leave.
It could be that he forced her into his car.
It could be that she was never in his car at all, but that Arochi grabbed her and handed her off to someone else, for some reason and in some way.
Or maybe some other scenario is what they're thinking.

My understanding of the wording was that LE didn't say there wasn't a DNA match, they just said that they hadn't confirmed it with media. Who knows what they meant though.

this is the way i read it to. That they would not officially confirm or deny the statement not that they hadn't confirmed the DNA.

I'm thinking that EA made a move on Christina while they were in his car. jmo

Wondering where the DNA was found...
Car ?
Vacuum ?
EA's home ?
All of the above ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm just wondering if it was Christina's DNA. Seriously though, I've never heard a case where they won't confirm that it was the missing person's. I don't follow many cases though, and don't really know the ins and outs but normally it's a BIG deal when they get a match right? Anyhow, you would think in the car because they said earlier in the investigation and that's the first thing that was looked at IIRC. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heartishome