GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #27 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you guys thinking about the part in the arrest warrant affidavit regarding the car jack? I wasn't really sure what the purpose of that paragraph was (page 4, 2nd to last paragraph). EA calls a car jack a "lifter" and then his brother verifies it was a standard car jack. Are they pointing out that a standard car jack doesn't lift a vehicle high enough for a tire to fall on you, or do you think there is another reason they included that?

What I've always wondered about is that the brother indicated to the detectives that EA normally used a jack which was maintained in the garage at his residence.

Well... how often does he "turn" his tires that he has to keep the jack in the garage? Don't most car owners just keep their car jack in the car in case they get a flat tire? I sure hope lil bro wasn't coached beforehand on what to say if he was interviewed.

Don't most car owners (who live in the city) go to a tire dealer and take advantage of free or low cost tire rotation where its done quickly and professionally? Maybe EA adopted the "do-it-yourself" approach because he wanted to pull off debris that may be attached to his tires on the inside.

I think he exited after Custer ..sorry if you got the impression in all my posts yesterday AM that I implied he exited Custer- that is simply not the case here.

I feel he did double back and obviously avoided the toll heading back toward the shops area.
this is a fact based on the warrant since both of the cells are pinging back in that area at less than a quarter to 5am

I suggested those areas based on earth maps and seemingly are tucked away and nearby the time needed between 4:08am toll gantry and the 4:47am 4:56am pings

I do not feel he drove home to Allen from the shops and made it back to catch the pings ... all my opinion

Nor do I feel she left the shops at 3:58am in the trunk -not saying she was never there . but timing wise -Not
my opinion is based on the vid ending at 3:57:10am and they are both still walking and him driving out at 3:58am

I agree that it makes sense she could have been a passenger, not in the trunk, when he left the parking garage, and in fact find that more likely imo. Not enough time, others being there, etc.

As to where they could have gone in the allowable time, we know he got on 121 outbound and didn't use it coming back. We know he went at least past Custer. And we probably need to allow time for something to happen somewhere.

[ETA - We also have to add time/place/rationale for her to be put INTO the truck elsewhere, if she didn't leave Shops at Legacy in the trunk. It's easy to envision why he might have put her in the trunk with an altercation in the garage (or maybe something like chloroform to knock her out?) so he could be carting her away from there unseen, but harder to theorize why he'd do it later, and haul her around in his trunk.]

In working through those options, using google maps, in the middle of the night (ie, we know there was no traffic to speak of) he could have gone all the way up 121 to 75, S on 75 to Legacy, and W on Legacy back to the Shops at Legacy area in 34 minutes. That leaves about 15 minutes for an uncertain/unknown "detour" and "events."

I'm not theorizing that he took that very route, but only showing that anything within that circle, or maybe slightly outside of it, would have been doable within the time allotted. We don't have to limit to just going to 121/Custer (and the toll road data wouldn't limit that either.) Also, any travel that's much outside an area the size of that 121-75-Legacy circle probably can be ruled out.

I agree that it makes sense she could have been a passenger, not in the trunk, when he left the parking garage, and in fact find that more likely imo. Not enough time, others being there, etc.

As to where they could have gone in the allowable time, we know he got on 121 outbound and didn't use it coming back. We know he went at least past Custer. And we probably need to allow time for something to happen somewhere.

In working through those options, using google maps, in the middle of the night (ie, we know there was no traffic to speak of) he could have gone all the way up 121 to 75, S on 75 to Legacy, and W on Legacy back to the Shops at Legacy area in 34 minutes. That leaves about 15 minutes for an uncertain/unknown "detour" and "events."

I'm not theorizing that he took that very route, but only showing that anything within that circle, or maybe slightly outside of it, would have been doable within the time allotted. We don't have to limit to just going to 121/Custer (and the toll road data wouldn't limit that either.) Also, any travel that's much outside an area the size of that 121-75-Legacy circle probably can be ruled out.

would explain why they were search off 75 a few weeks ago.

The tightness of the time frame just makes me believe that someone else was involved with EA. What other explanation can there be? He just, in my opinion, doesn't seem bright enough to pull off the "perfect" crime. And, besides that, the lack of prior arrests would demonstrate that he didn't have any criminal experience anyway.

To me, the "luck" (if you want to call it that) runs out for EA and/or anyone else involved once CM is found. The DNA won't lie.

True. He may of wiped the passenger side to rid of whoever helped fingerprints too. Hopefully EA can just quit being selfish and give this family some damn peace and say where she's at.

The interesting thing is that the warrant said that they believe he returned to his house with her in the trunk. .

[EDIT - That may not actually be what they said.]

I don't think the evidence they have released so far provides any conclusive evidence for that belief. From what I have seen, I'd be inclined to think otherwise based on the following:
1 the loop back to the Shops at Legacy area, about 50 minutes after he first left there, suggests a change in plans
2 if he had a person or body to get rid of, he's not likely to want to carry that in his car for any longer than needed, and
3 imo he's not likely to want to dispose of person or body in the daytime

[ETA - But we also have to consider, we also have to add time/place/rationale for her to be put INTO the truck elsewhere, if she didn't leave Shops at Legacy in the trunk. It's easy to envision why he might have put her in the trunk with an altercation in the garage (or maybe something like chloroform to knock her out?) so he could be carting her away from there unseen, but harder to theorize why he'd do it later, and haul her around in his trunk.]

He clearly left Shops at Legacy and jumped on 121 going NE, to go "somewhere." The time stamps suggest he took the quickest route between Shops at Legacy and 121/Custer toll cam, allow no delay or detour. At some point,, there was a reason for him to return to Shops at Legacy after he went to "somewhere." That to me suggests that "somewhere" is where something happened to change his driving plans and send him back to Shops at Legacy, and he went via side streets.

I'd also suggest that "somewhere" - having been chosen in the middle of the night - may have been a place that he might have had some familiarity with as a place for whatever purpose, or perhaps he set out to go some place of CM's choosing before taking a detour.

Yes I'm aware.. If you listen to her mom on the interview on TV after warrant was released says after she sends that pic the keys disappeared again.

Not trying to "take sides" or anything.. But if LE thinks that the two individual keys were in her possession the night of her disappearance.. Then wouldn't that suggest that they were not found at PP's apartment after that night (like CM's mom said)?
I mean, the affidavit was released just a few days ago.... I'm pretty sure LE would have known by now if the keys were or were not found at PP's apartment after her disappearance... especially if PP gave them back to CM's mom... All CM's mom would have to do is show LE the keys and they could retract that statement?
JMO of course
Let me know if I'm missing something....

Have the time stamps on the parking garage video ever been synchronized with the times on the toll road cameras and cell phone tower pings?

Without knowing this, it is impossible to precisely determine what happened where.
It has not been directly confirmed, however, I believe they have. Warrants state EA & CM being on video entering the garage at 3:55 am, yet the time stamp when you watch the video is 3:57am.

What keeps entering my mind is the comment the neighbor made on the news. She said how he was making creepy comments or gestures, blah, blah, blah, but most importantly, she said "his family needed to be looked in to".
Weird how she commented on the WHOLE family and not just EA. JMO but I wouldn't be shocked if Sr. isn't involved somehow.

Did anyone watch the link posted, last thread I believe, of the video surveillance of a girl who was kidnapped last month? It took less than a minute and a half and he had to drag her up the block to get her in the car. It did not take long at all. And she was kicking and fighting like hell.

I agree,
I was curious since this is the first its come up.... 3 and a half months later. Kind of odd.

Oh sorry, I responded to CookieZ and said Jonni added it to the list. It is her wallet/clutch. Sorry thought that was you I answered. LOL I'm exhausted!

What keeps entering my mind is the comment the neighbor made on the news. She said how he was making creepy comments or gestures, blah, blah, blah, but most importantly, she said "his family needed to be looked in to".
Weird how she commented on the WHOLE family and not just EA. JMO but I wouldn't be shocked if Sr. isn't involved somehow.

I added emphasis.

Definitely not trying to "sleuth" anyone. But I wouldn't be shocked either.

(The following is not directed at you getn2bottom... just in general) From what I can gather, the general consensus is that EA was not bright enough to do this on his own. And I agree. I know that there is controversy about who it could be that helped.. IMO I don't think that it could have been anyone who knew her/was good friends with her. I'm an acquaintance of CM, and just from knowing her for the brief time that I did, she has an amazing heart, and really truly connected with everyone (including me) that she met. The thought of anyone knowing her in any significant way and hurting her is beyond me. I firmly believe that it would have been someone who did not know her previously (sort of how EA did not really know her previously) Anyways, that's just my 2 cents.
JMO, MOO.

I'm putting this down to maybe just a language difference. No one here has confirmed when EA's family came to America. If he was already near teenaged, it could just be that the type of things we grow up learning about (cliches, jargon, etc.) don't just click in his head like they do ours.

And, throw in that he's by himself in a room with investigators, maybe the word "jack" didn't automatically pop into his head the way it did ours, and he used the first word that came to his ESL mind about what the thing did, "lift."

There has been all sorts of conjecture about how much English versus Spanish various members of the family know. But, to my knowledge, we don't know whether they or he have been here five years or ten years, or shorter or longer.

I mean, think about it, I don't know how it is in Texas, but out West here, we've hired Mexican immigrants who have been in the U.S. for decades but don't speak English well. And, some of the guys on their crew, they'll listen to you and act like they know what you're saying, but you later find out they didn't know exactly what you are saying or what you meant.

That was my thought, like people from across tthe pond call an elevator a lift.

What I've always wondered about is that the brother indicated to the detectives that EA normally used a jack which was maintained in the garage at his residence.

Well... how often does he "turn" his tires that he has to keep the jack in the garage? Don't most car owners just keep their car jack in the car in case they get a flat tire? I sure hope lil bro wasn't coached beforehand on what to say if he was interviewed.

Don't most car owners (who live in the city) go to a tire dealer and take advantage of free or low cost tire rotation where its done quickly and professionally? Maybe EA adopted the "do-it-yourself" approach because he wanted to pull off debris that may be attached to his tires on the inside.

I know A LOT of people who have a jack in the garage for various things other than rotatating or changing tires. Oil changes and just general work on vehicles. Of course if the jack in question is the standard one that comes with the car, I don't tthink they go high enough for like oil changes. Maybe just enough to change out the tires. MOO

Maybe not alcohol. Maybe marijuana? CM had Kottonmouth Kings lyrics on an instagram page of one of her instagram sites with a picture of something 420, the drug-culture reference to marijuana. The lyrics - and with many Kottonmouth Kings song - are pro-marijuana. And, we do know her last two boyfriends had marijuana arrests; and, HF with arrests beyond just marijuana.

These days, people claim medical marijuana helps them through migraines and other maladies. So, in theory, she could have been using that instead of alcohol, not for partying, but to control the migraines. If the charges against HF are true, she'd have had access to it.

Personally, I would be surprised if weed was NOT at that party... certainly not uncommon.. I've just never even considered it in the same category as booze.. (yeah, I know, I know... it's not at ALL parties.. and not wanting to start a pot debate here)

After reading the quoted documents below, this is what makes me think EA put CM in his trunk when exiting the garage the first time. Notice they say she left in his car but also said they DID NOT SEE HER in his vehicle. It also states the sexual/abduction took place in the area of 5700 block of Legacy Drive at Shops of Legacy.

“Christina Morris and Enrique Gutierrez Arochi were captured on video entering the parking garage near Henry’s Tavern together on August 30, 2014 at 0355 hours, Enrique Gutierrez Arochi’s Camaro was captured on video exiting that same parking garage at 0358 hours, and Christina Morris was not captured on video exiting the parking garage in some other manner. Affiant believes that Christina Morris was in Enrique Gutierrez Arochi’s Camaro at the time it exited the parking garage contrary to Arochi’s statement that Morris was never in his vehicle.”

“Plano Patrol Officer Benzick #1633 retrieved and watched surveillance video of the parking garages and businesses throughout the Shops at Legacy for this investigation. Officer Benzick told Affiant that Christina Morris' car did not leave the parking garage until it was removed by Mark Morris. Additionally, Officer Benzick did not observe Christina Morris exiting the parking garage after she was seen entering the parking garage with Enrique Gutierrez Arochi on August 30, 2014.”

If you look closely, you'll see that they didn't say they observed persons inside of cars. All they were able to observe was which cars did or didn't leave. "Enrique Gutierrez Arochi’s Camaro was captured on video exiting" doesn't tell us they saw his face, only his car.

So when they say CM left in EA's vehicle, per their conclusions ("Affiant believes that Christina Morris was in Enrique Gutierrez Arochi’s Camaro at the time it exited the parking garage"), she could have been riding in the front, or in the trunk, and they had no way to know the difference.

Yes I'm aware.. If you listen to her mom on the interview on TV after warrant was released says after she sends that pic the keys disappeared again.

IMO I am going to base my facts off of what LE says in affidavit. Rather than an interview. Plus I am friends with people involved and know the keys did not turn up at her apartment after. Although we may not agree, Thank you for explaining your opinion.

I'm curious to know if CM had been speaking with EA that evening. You know could he have talked with her enough to have made her comfortable enough to leave with him of get a ride somewhere? Or was she pretty much hanging out with SN for the majority of the evening? Or was EA hanging around her much at the start of the night?
The girl who saw her that night (VI13) said she saw her walk in to Henry's with two girls at around 11:30 or so. But didn't EA and SN arrive in the garage at the same time? You'd think they walked in together. Or did they wait in the garage for the other 3-5 people who could not park next to each other?

Also we talked at length before about her fighting with HF. Was this from the start of the evening? Did it continue all night? Was HF out with his friends as well?

One interesting piece of information I found when I was searching the internet to see how far a cell phone can be from the cell tower to communicate with it (which varies from 1/4 mile up to 40 miles in rural areas) there are reviews from people who live at the shops of legacy that cell reception is not very good. Could be why she used his phone. I also like the theory she was getting creepy vibes from him so she wanted to make sure to text HF from his phone. Could have just been the fact HF wasnt answering her calls or text so she thought to try from an unkown number and maybe he would answer if he was intentionally ignoring her that night ( I have been guilty of this a time or two) so many what ifs it just makes my head spin. I feel we are missing key information regarding the two of them leaving together. Something is being left out. Here we are trying to figure out where they could have been going IF she accepted a ride from EA because she could not find her keys when her friends should know this or definately have a better idea knowing both of them and what transpired that night. I believe LE is taking the statements from her friends she had her keys when she left and know nothing about her not being able to find them earlier that night. Hence the reasonable assumption that EA forced Christina into the trunk of his car and left the parking garage with her in his trunk. If she had her keys and even called SN to tell him she was still walking and ok to drive there is no reason for her to have willingly left with EA. The only thing I keep going back to is why did he wipe off the passenger side door at Krogers the next morning?

JMO but from the arrest warrant I inferred that they BOTH had sprint phones...because I seem to remember them talking about getting the records and pings from Sprint for both. I don't have time to find that info in the arrest warrant nor do I know for sure but I seem to remember getting that indication. If that's the case, I don't think he would have been getting better reception than Christina. IMO I think the most likely scenario is she was running low on juice and was wanting to save some just in case for the drive home. Been there, done that.

Also, for what it's worth, I am a Sprint customer who lives in the Shops At Legacy, and I can tell you my reception is fine. I have NEVER had an issue in the 2 years I've lived there. I even get LTE inside the parking garage at my building...IMO of course.

Maybe Christina's phone carrier is something JMOM could confirm for us?

She didn't have her keys when she left per the text to HF from her phone before she left. Also her mom said the keys showed up after she left. Unless someone verified says otherwise, that's what I've gotten from the information given.

If the keys showed up after CM left, why didn't one in the group call her and tell her they had her keys??

I added emphasis.

Definitely not trying to "sleuth" anyone. But I wouldn't be shocked either.

(The following is not directed at you getn2bottom... just in general) From what I can gather, the general consensus is that EA was not bright enough to do this on his own. And I agree. I know that there is controversy about who it could be that helped.. IMO I don't think that it could have been anyone who knew her/was good friends with her. I'm an acquaintance of CM, and just from knowing her for the brief time that I did, she has an amazing heart, and really truly connected with everyone (including me) that she met. The thought of anyone knowing her in any significant way and hurting her is beyond me. I firmly believe that it would have been someone who did not know her previously (sort of how EA did not really know her previously) Anyways, that's just my 2 cents.
JMO, MOO.
Could also be HF's partner(s)in the drug bust. As I recall HF is still the only one sitting in jail for the particular drug he was dealing. Christina is missing. The investigation was going on since Aug 1st. Did a partner get greedy and want the money to themselves?

I found this interesting where EA is living out hell.*
http://countyjail.net/Texas/Collin-County-Jail/jail-layout.php

Over at Colling County they have dorm settings and personal cells. Pods, basically.
They seperate the violent offenders from the non-violent. You aren't going to find someone in there on a DWI bunking with murderer.*

The lower the numbers of the clusters, the more dangerous were the criminals. We had murderers in 3C.

FWIW... Ea was in block 3 bunk 1 yesterday and block 4A cell 27 bunk 2 today in this Collin County Jail.*
:jail:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member