GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #27 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
EA's co-worker's testimony is rebuttable, though. Defense attorney will ask co-worker if he/she is a dentist or doctor. If he/she is not, they will ask what their experience/expertise is in identifying bite marks...all for the record.

This is why it is important that the detectives to have taken pictures of and measured the alleged bite mark - it's solid evidence. The testimony of any witness who was not with EA at the time he was injured will be impeached on cross examination.

Remember, this will be a trial with both sides putting on evidence and examining witnesses, not just the prosecutors. Preservation of evidence is crucial to making a conviction stick. I think some here lose sight of that; and, that's understandable.

This is a little comical to me... You're saying that a person going on the stand to testify, would be disregarded about being able to determine a bite mark unless they are a dentist? :thinking: That's silly.

I am sure while an attorney may ask that question to try to make the witness of the bite mark not seem knowledgeable, most people in the world can tell a bite mark and a juror would not mind if they weren't a dentist.

Kind of like... I can hear a cough and know someone is sick. Not a doctor, but I know what a cough is.
Jmo

OT, I must share that the word "hinky" cracks me up every time I see it. I have only seen it at WS, BTW. [emoji1]

haha.. I never heard the word "hinky" either, until WS.. Urban Dictionary definition: Something as yet undefinable is wrong, out of place; not quite right.
"There's something hinky about the deal."

This is a little comical to me... You're saying that a person going on the stand to testify, would be disregarded about being able to determine a bite mark unless they are a dentist? :thinking: That's silly.

I am sure while an attorney may ask that question to try to make the witness of the bite mark not seem knowledgeable, most people in the world can tell a bite mark and a juror would not mind if they weren't a dentist.

Kind of like... I can hear a cough and know someone is sick. Not a doctor, but I know what a cough is.
Jmo

I cough a lot even when I'm not sick... just saying.
Also, he's right about the defense doing this. They would question how they could determine it's a human bite mark vs. another kind of bite mark, like a dog, etc. etc.
It's just not credible in courts.

Also, he's right about the defense doing this. They would question how they could determine it's a human bite mark vs. another kind of bite mark, like a dog, etc. etc.

Oh lord. Well good for them for trying. I just don't think a jury gives a crap if someone who saw a bite mark is a dentist. Plain and simple.

There is a lot of ground to cover to find Christina from all the places and pings and everything, it makes it hard. I really believe that EA needs to talk to find her. Or, if the list maker is not him, maybe that person can speak up. Time for pressure to be applied. I can't even speculate how she can be found bc I have no idea.

As I've said before, my friend was murdered and he put her somewhere we never would of looked or found unless he spoke up. I'm just being honest. Of course I hope she is found without him having to tell, very much. I just have no idea where she would be.

As an ER nurse who was also a vet tech, distinguishing a human bite mark from a animal bite is not difficult for someone who isn't in the medical field. Animal bites will have punctures from the canine teeth.
I do agree that it probably would be argued in court due to the fact that 4 days later it would likely be just a bruise.

There is a lot of ground to cover to find Christina from all the places and pings and everything, it makes it hard. I really believe that EA needs to talk to find her. Or, if the list maker is not him, maybe that person can speak up. Time for pressure to be applied. I can't even speculate how she can be found bc I have no idea.

As I've said before, my friend was murdered and he put her somewhere we never would of looked or found unless he spoke up. I'm just being honest. Of course I hope she is found without him having to tell, very much. I just have no idea where she would be.

If it's not too upsetting for you, may I ask if your friend was found in an enclosed area or not?

They were both probably wearing seats belts if she was a passenger in the front seat. There's that annoying ding - ding - ding seat belt indicator to have to listen to.

Yes, remember during one of EA news interviews (the raw footage one) he said when he got his car back from PPD (the long 10-11day hold), the car no longer had a passenger seat belt and all of his floor mats were gone. http://cw33.com/2014/11/20/web-extra-enrique-arochi-full-interview-uncut/

SO, my opinion is they surely submitted these items for forensic testing too. The affidavit never ever mentions any other swabs or submitted evidence except for that ONE swab from the trunk that had her DNA on it. They have so much in this guy.

Another thing I noticed in the latest arrest warrant, they mention they are aware of cell phones being equipped with GPS functions (in addition to ping info) and that is easily accessible from forensic technology. They have the big picture, they just need to narrow down a few loose ends....before we see his charges change from kidnapping to murder.
Pg 9 para 2
http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.town...-11e4-8cbb-1f4760146008/54946c2148a9a.pdf.pdf

:thinking::help::sleuth::hoppingmad:Seriously where is Christina Morris?

As an ER nurse who was also a vet tech, distinguishing a human bite mark from a animal bite is not difficult for someone who isn't in the medical field. Animal bites will have punctures from the canine teeth.
I do agree that it probably would be argued in court due to the fact that 4 days later it would likely be just a bruise.

I'm really just trying to make the point that it is disputable. There is no way to PROVE that he had a bite mark on his arm. Even if there's a bite mark there's no way to PROVE that it was from christina. The point here is that without PROOF it is disputable. Just like eye-witnesses are disputable. If there was video from sprint, with audio, of EA claiming he got into a fight at SOL that night (to his coworker) and that whoever he got into a fight with bit him on the arm, then that would be one thing. But all we have up to this point is that his coworker said he had a bite mark on his arm along with other injuries. And that is 100% disputable in court.

I think some are underestimating the skill of defense attorneys. It's not unheard of that guilty people get off as innocent.

Edit: also if I remember correctly, he said there was a bite mark on his arm the same morning that she went missing (or the day after depending on how you qualify 4 am), not 4 days later.

I"m so sorry about your friend. I must have missed this info. No one should have to deal wih the violent loss of a loved one. Peace be with you and your friend's family.

I'm really just trying to make the point that it is disputable. There is no way to PROVE that he had a bite mark on his arm. Even if there's a bite mark there's no way to PROVE that it was from christina. The point here is that without PROOF it is disputable. Just like eye-witnesses are disputable. If there was video from sprint, with audio, of EA claiming he got into a fight at SOL that night (to his coworker) and that whoever he got into a fight with bit him on the arm, then that would be one thing. But all we have up to this point is that his coworker said he had a bite mark on his arm along with other injuries. And that is 100% disputable in court.

I think some are underestimating the skill of defense attorneys. It's not unheard of that guilty people get off as innocent.

Edit: also if I remember correctly, he said there was a bite mark on his arm the same morning that she went missing (or the day after depending on how you qualify 4 am), not 4 days later.

May be disputable in court but it might just stick in a juror's mind, given all the other injuries, and evidence.

BBM I'm with you. I (as I'm sure everyone does) want nothing more than to find Christina....alive. However, in order for Christina and her family to have justice, EA (or whoever is guilty) needs to be found guilty. He needs a fair trial and nothing that a defense attorney can attack and create a reasonable doubt. The defense does not have to prove they're innocent. They just need tthat one person on the jury to doubt the prosecution's case and stick with it.

Brilliant thought. Hope the cleaning product can't kill all the evidence left on the rags.

Don't you think that the rags have already been tested for dna? I think they were discovered in trash pull on 9/24???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Houndgirl2003