GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #28 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone.

This is my first ever post. I am somewhat behind in this, as I was reading back the threads then I seen the arrest, and I got really hopeful and kept reading current discussions. So please excuse me if I repeat something already known.
I'm not sure of terminology etc... Or how your justice system works. I'm sure we are different over here in Scotland.

What is the next step with the police and EA's arrest? Will this basically go to a trial, where they provide evidence etc...? And how long can that take?

Christina is still missing at this point, and there is nothing to suggest that she is not alive. I perhaps wondered if EA was keeping her somewhere? But he would obviously have to go to her location to do this? And now he is in jail obviously he cannot, so does someone else know? Is someone aware of her location? Keeping her alive. Does anyone think the family will be being monitored?
Sorry if I'm not making much sense. Just a thought.

Hi everyone.

This is my first ever post. I am somewhat behind in this, as I was reading back the threads then I seen the arrest, and I got really hopeful and kept reading current discussions. So please excuse me if I repeat something already known.
I'm not sure of terminology etc... Or how your justice system works. I'm sure we are different over here in Scotland.

What is the next step with the police and EA's arrest? Will this basically go to a trial, where they provide evidence etc...? And how long can that take?

Christina is still missing at this point, and there is nothing to suggest that she is not alive. I perhaps wondered if EA was keeping her somewhere? But he would obviously have to go to her location to do this? And now he is in jail obviously he cannot, so does someone else know? Is someone aware of her location? Keeping her alive. Does anyone think the family will be being monitored?
Sorry if I'm not making much sense. Just a thought.

Welcome! I love Scotland! I spent a short amount of time there years ago (military) in the Prestwick area.

Actually it probably one of the less complicated parts of the identification. The last pair of chromosomes consists of an X and a Y chromosome in males. In females the last pair is two X chromosomes.

Recently, NCIS had a murder in Portsmouth VA and not only identified the murderer as a male, but also that he was a black male. So they can tell race as well in most cases.
I was trying to make sense of the motion filed to preserve evidence. I am thinking basically so little may have been retrieved since he did so much cleaning the defense is hoping by filing the motion to hinder them testing what they have any further without giving EA the chance (his defense) to have their own tests run? Also the biological part is mentioned a few times and I am not clear on that. Can someone more knowledgeable explain?

OT - I wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas! Hug your families a little tighter than normal the next couple of days and pray that Christina's family will soon get just a little bit of peace. They need it. We wanted more than anything to bring Christina home for Christmas and it wasn't for lack of effort that we did not make that happen. There is still today though. We have been out in full force, multiple miles per person per day, it has been tiring to say the least since last Friday. We won't stop though. PPD is doing an awesome job and I am sure they are out as well. We will find her and we will not stop until we do. Each location that is cleared and there is nothing is another location marked off and 1 step closer to finding her.
Merry Christmas JMom. HUG Jonni, Anna and the rest of the family extra tight from all of us who care so much and also wished Christina could have been found for Christmas.

I finally read the comment under the Dallas News article that had been referenced earlier. Not surprised about the details but shocked that someone actually shared it.

I'd like to see more video/photos from the clubs in question to look for any familiar faces. moo

I was trying to make sense of the motion filed to preserve evidence. I am thinking basically so little may have been retrieved since he did so much cleaning the defense is hoping by filing the motion to hinder them testing what they have any further without giving EA the chance (his defense) to have their own tests run? Also the biological part is mentioned a few times and I am not clear on that. Can someone more knowledgeable explain?

In America, we don't have "trial by ambush." Each side gets to see the other's evidence before the trial. They also get to view witness lists.

Much of this is why I never thought Paul Johnson was EA's attorney. Someone who was hired by EA to be his attorney would have done these things from the beginning.

Gore has done the things that defense attorneys do: request lower bail, request preservation of evidence. He will likely ask, unsuccessfully (IMO), that Arochi's charges be dropped or lessened. Not because EA didn't do something, but just to get it on record for a possible appeal.

You have to understand that, whether or not you like the legal dimensions/discussions, they exist. And, in order to have an airtight (upon appeal) conviction of EA (and/or others), everyone must follow the laws pertaining to the crime, the rules of evidence, and the rules of procedure.

Gore is simply making that map. A good defense attorney doesn't just plan for the present (current charges and trial), but for the future (appeal, possible re-trial in case of a hung jury) as well.

Remember, an appeals court doesn't review witness testimony. Appeals courts make sure the laws were applied correctly, and that the rules of evidence and procedure were followed as well. The Appellate courts are checks on judges and attorneys.

Think of it this way: trial court level is the homework, appellate court level is the teacher grading it. A math teacher, for instance, requires a student to show his or her work. They don't accept just writing down an answer.

Same thing here. The prosecution can't just say, "This is what happened." They've got to demonstrate that their choice of law was correct, that they followed evidence and procedure rules. And, the judge must show he or she applied all of it correctly as well because, from the voir dire all the way to jury instruction, everything is scrutinized on appeal.

That's why I have said before, I personally think EA was involved, I just don't know to what degree. But, prosecution, Plano PD, and judge must do everything correctly so that whomever is responsible doesn't walk on a technicality. I think it's safe to say that no one here would want to see that.

I finally read the comment under the Dallas News article that had been referenced earlier. Not surprised about the details but shocked that someone actually shared it.

I'd like to see more video/photos from the clubs in question to look for any familiar faces. moo

That comment, as odd and rambling as it was....helps explain several things to me:
1 - the calls to HF from EA's phone (it was rumored/talked about that her phone was dying - yet she made calls on her way to the garage and then it pinged way later 447a)
2 - WHY HF NEVER REPORTED HER MISSING
3 - how scared/shaky HF seemed in his interview right after the disappearance (to me he seemed scared vs upset/nervous)
4 - how quickly things transpired in the garage

I know it's just some odd comment, but to me - it makes some things more logical than they ever did before. More so than even a SA....hopefully that info was sent to someone who is allowed to do REAL sleuthing on stuff like that.

Also want to keep adding the obvious for me as far as my opinion: once CM shows up or is found, the jig is up for all involved.

I'll be firmly in the EA alone camp if they produce evidence of CM's DNA in the trunk, not just on the outside/door/frame. I know they said they took swabs from the interior of the trunk. But, the affidavit says the DNA they believe matches CM came from an area other than the interior.

And, I still wrestle with the apparent going back/cell phone pings. Just doesn't add up that if you killed someone that you'd go back to the scene of where it all began. And that, possibly with a body in your trunk, and having admittedly been out drinking that night. The threat of police pulling you over at that hour just at random would seem to be enough to keep you from going back if you had a body in your trunk.

In America, we don't have "trial by ambush." Each side gets to see the other's evidence before the trial. They also get to view witness lists.

Much of this is why I never thought Paul Johnson was EA's attorney. Someone who was hired by EA to be his attorney would have done these things from the beginning.

Gore has done the things that defense attorneys do: request lower bail, request preservation of evidence. He will likely ask, unsuccessfully (IMO), that Arochi's charges be dropped or lessened. Not because EA didn't do something, but just to get it on record for a possible appeal.

You have to understand that, whether or not you like the legal dimensions/discussions, they exist. And, in order to have an airtight (upon appeal) conviction of EA (and/or others), everyone must follow the laws pertaining to the crime, the rules of evidence, and the rules of procedure.

Gore is simply making that map. A good defense attorney doesn't just plan for the present (current charges and trial), but for the future (appeal, possible re-trial in case of a hung jury) as well.

Remember, an appeals court doesn't review witness testimony. Appeals courts make sure the laws were applied correctly, and that the rules of evidence and procedure were followed as well. The Appellate courts are checks on judges and attorneys.

Think of it this way: trial court level is the homework, appellate court level is the teacher grading it. A math teacher, for instance, requires a student to show his or her work. They don't accept just writing down an answer.

Same thing here. The prosecution can't just say, "This is what happened." They've got to demonstrate that their choice of law was correct, that they followed evidence and procedure rules. And, the judge must show he or she applied all of it correctly as well because, from the voir dire all the way to jury instruction, everything is scrutinized on appeal.

That's why I have said before, I personally think EA was involved, I just don't know to what degree. But, prosecution, Plano PD, and judge must do everything correctly so that whomever is responsible doesn't walk on a technicality. I think it's safe to say that no one here would want to see that.
Of course we dont want to see him walk. Thanks for your explanation. I was wondering about the biological evidence they mentioned specifically in the motion

That comment, as odd and rambling as it was....helps explain several things to me:
1 - the calls to HF from EA's phone (it was rumored/talked about that her phone was dying - yet she made calls on her way to the garage and then it pinged way later 447a)
3 - how scared/shaky HF seemed in his interview right after the disappearance (to me he seemed scared vs upset/nervous)

I know it's just some odd comment, but to me - it makes some things more logical than they ever did before. More so than even a SA....hopefully that info was sent to someone who is allowed to do REAL sleuthing on stuff like that.

Agree on all points here.

Lots of EE vids online. Tried to watch on my phone and will try later on computer. Did we ever find a YouTube channel for Christina? I've looked but didn't see one.

If his family could please appeal to him to immediately take LE to where he left her, I would gladly see EA walk away with a slap on the wrist. I hope they are working on a deal he can't refuse as we speak.

Agree on all points here.

Lots of EE vids online. Tried to watch on my phone and will try later on computer. Did we ever find a YouTube channel for Christina? I've looked but didn't see one.

EE? Do you mean EA? Sorry, I'm confused with all the acronyms!

Can someone direct me to the first video interview with HF, please? I'm Fairly new to this particular case and I've seen news articles regarding this interview (the drug bust), but it didn't show or link to the other story. Thanks in advance!

Quoting myself to add one more thing after rewatching the HF interview:
3b - The whole "partly responsible" comment makes perfect sense beyond the explanation he gave

Agreed .. great posts again from QF!! Thank You
Like how it flows so smoothly and always puts things in reality perspective ..JMO~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoshibee