GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #28 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding Christina's keys per the second affidavit:

"On September 6, 2014, Christina Morris' boyfriend, Hunter Foster, voluntarily provided Affiant with his cellular phone and allowed Affiant to have his phone forensically extracted. The extraction was conducted by Detective Pfahning who has training and experience in conducting cellular phone extractions. Affiant reviewed the Forensic Report of Foster's phone. Affiant observed messages containing photographs received on Foster's cell phone from Christina Morris' cell phone number. Affiant observed a photograph in a message dated August 30, 2014 at 0234 hours. The photograph appeared to be a female's hand holding two (2) individual keys. Affiant believes, based on the content of the messages and a photograph of Morris herself just prior to the photograph of the keys being sent from the same phone number that the keys and ring belonged to Morris, and they were in her possession on the date she disappeared."

https://cbsdallas.files.wordpress.com/2014/12/380a-20141212-arrest-10-sw-arrest-return-sealed.pdf

Poor Christina!

Quote Originally Posted by frisson

I wouldn't have thought of it either. I welcome input from fellow posters in the legal field. And I agree; I, too, find it interesting.
Hey Frisson...you've been quite during the holidays, hope they were nice. What are you referring to with this post?

I was referring to the embedded post that you left off when you quoted me. My holidays were awesome. Thanks! Hope yours were full of love and light too.

This has probably been discussed before...but were dogs not used to immediately search the area and EA's car or around his home when CM was reported missing? That seems like the logical thing to do. I know about the cadaver dogs but that was months later, and they seemed to have gotten a hit on something, so I would think that they would smell something if they had used them right off the bat.

Or when they searched his house, did they use dogs? If EA had her in there at some point, I would think they would be able to sniff it out. Just wondering! JMO MOO IMO and all that jazz.

Respectfully snipped by me :seeya:

you guys think SN has some magic parking pass so he can park where no one else can park where no one else can there is ZERO reason to believe SN had any way to get her to her car other than walk with her. I think it's highly likely he offered to walk with her since he was clearly at least mildly concerned for her, but she likely said no. I know maybe some posters are from a different generation but today if you offer to walk a girl somewhere (or something similar) and she says no, insisting and doing it anyway is no long seen as chivalrous, it's now seen as harassment.

:waitasec: :thinking: That's exactly why EA said he didn't walk CM to her car in his interview. He wasn't very good friends with her and she had a BF so in hindsight he wished he would have made sure she made it to her car safely but he didn't because he thought it might be taken as harassment.

The person(s) who should have been alarmed were those who she would see in her normal routine and notice her absence. But no one else in the world would have any way to know she wasn't where she should be, and thus missing, until one of those in her "life routine" circle noticed.

Who would those be?
- Her BF should have been one, living in the same residence, but they say he was out of town. And if he was a horse's rear who lived in his own self-focused world (being a drug dealer, I can envision that being the case), then why would he ever wonder or care where she was, if she wasn't with him? Layer that with a turbulent relationship, and he's an awful support net.
- Her boss would have been another, but only when she was expected at work, and apparently "missing a day without notice" didn't set off any alarms until it happened twice in a row.
- Neighbors? Probably not, in this day and age of myob living.
- Her family? As far as they knew, she was in FW living her life. No reason to think otherwise.
- The ones from 8/29? Same thing. She didn't see any of them on a daily basis. Once she left that apt, they shut the mental door and assumed she was back to her FW routine.

I don't think I'm unusual. And ....

If I fell down a well tomorrow, and no one saw it happen, there's only one person in the entire world that would notice I was missing anytime soon. A few others might notice after a few days or maybe up to a week, but if for some reason that one person didn't take notice, it might take that week for the rest of the world to start looking.

She probably wasn't much different.

Makes perfect sense...

This has probably been discussed before...but were dogs not used to immediately search the area and EA's car or around his home when CM was reported missing? That seems like the logical thing to do. I know about the cadaver dogs but that was months later, and they seemed to have gotten a hit on something, so I would think that they would smell something if they had used them right off the bat.

Or when they searched his house, did they use dogs? If EA had her in there at some point, I would think they would be able to sniff it out. Just wondering! JMO MOO IMO and all that jazz.

I don't know when the first time was they used the dogs. I have seen one picture of a dog alerting to a dead body. The dog laid in the trunk where the woman's body had been. There was no mistaking that the dog was alerting that the woman's body had been in her husband's trunk. Of course, we're all familiar with the cadaver dogs alerting in baby Caylee's case. The trunk of her mama's car and also in the back yard where she was laid at some point. Dogs are amazing creatures. I hope Christina can be found. They just have to search the right place.

:sigh: Just wondering about other phone pings from that night..... Where is Christina?

Makes perfect sense...

Respectfully, not to me. 4 days. She had a :beagle: named Madden. She was going home to Madden and BF. She sent pictures she found her keys. Where was he for 4 days? I don't believe that as loved as CM was that not one of her friends or family members or her SO wasn't concerned Saturday morning when she didn't show up for work? Doesn't make sense to me, respectfully.

Or vomit! They said she was not feeling well.
If she threw up on the back of his ca that would seep into the lid opening yes?

We really need more info from LE.
I do believe there is a lot more to watever happened to Christina!

We've discussed CM throwing up on herself & now on the back of a car.. Not saying it couldn't happen, but I guess I have just never been so sick that I couldn't somewhat control where I would vomit.. (just me & MO)...

I don't know when the first time was they used the dogs. I have seen one picture of a dog alerting to a dead body. The dog laid in the trunk where the woman's body had been. There was no mistaking that the dog was alerting that the woman's body had been in her husband's trunk. Of course, we're all familiar with the cadaver dogs alerting in baby Caylee's case. The trunk of her mama's car and also in the back yard where she was laid at some point. Dogs are amazing creatures. I hope Christina can be found. They just have to search the right place.

Exactly! I dunno if PPD has cadaver/search dogs but I think if they had used them in conjunction with DNA testing (which took months), maybe they'd be able to locate her faster. I hope they're using them now.

Maybe that's why EA (allegedly) used all that ODOBAN, in case of dogs. It sucks that he had 4 days before anyone even knew she was missing (if it was him). JMO

Regarding the note, per the second affidavit:

"Additional items located in this trash were empty boxes for cellular phones and a handwritten note on a yellow piece of paper. The note was written in Spanish. Affiant spoke with Detective D. Caballero #1708 who is the designated Spanish-speaking detective for Affiant's Unit. Detective Cabellero Spanish language skills were vetted through testing to establish his fluency prior to his selection to his current possession. Detective Caballero translated this note for Affiant. According to Detective Caballero the note listed the following items: black shirt, texts from the 29th through today's date, bank bills, and cellular bills. Affiant believes these items to be evidentiary items in this case."

https://cbsdallas.files.wordpress.com/2014/12/380a-20141212-arrest-10-sw-arrest-return-sealed.pdf

ETA: Doesn't Christina's mother speak fluent Spanish? ? ? Or did I hear this on the radio show?

Okay. Onward for the keys in the affidavit.
In one of the TV interviews that EA did, there was some comment about her only being fluent in Spanish. Jmo...

I don't think we're sure but IMO based purely on the few things we know about him is that he isn't the type to let someone drive his car, in fact IME few men of his age would be happy to be driven by someone else in their own car.

JMO

My thoughts, as well...

Okay, so in Layman's terms... TIA

I am not sure what it all means, actually reading up on it now. I was just alerting that there was some movement at the courthouse. Wish I could provide more information. It's very confusing to understand, as everything that I have read regarding the Writ of Habeas Corpus generally refers to Post-Hearing cases, which obviously isn't the case here.

We've discussed CM throwing up on herself & now on the back of a car.. Not saying it couldn't happen, but I guess I have just never been so sick that I couldn't somewhat control where I would vomit.. (just me & MO)...

Sometimes you just vomit. Projectile vomiting is pretty bad. Maybe she didn't eat a burger. She had only had a few drinks. Not good to drink on an empty stomach. If you have migraine headaches, you get nauseated and sometimes vomit. Makes your head pound worse. Didn't Christina have migraines?

In one of the TV interviews that EA did, there was some comment about her only being fluent in Spanish. Jmo...

Jonni? Jonni is only fluent in Spanish? I think there is a misunderstanding. Perhaps EA's mother is only fluent in Spanish? I have no clue. I know Jonni speaks English, but I heard she spoke fluent Spanish at the protest at EA's house. Quite fluent Spanish.

I am not sure what it all means, actually reading up on it now. I was just alerting that there was some movement at the courthouse. Wish I could provide more information. It's very confusing to understand, as everything that I have read regarding the Writ of Habeas Corpus generally refers to Post-Hearing cases, which obviously isn't the case here.

Here is a blank application and the wording, makes more sense written this way.
https://www.fortbendcountytx.gov/modules/showdocument.aspx?documentid=1119

TO THE HONORABLE JUDGE OF SAID COURT:

​Now comes, by and through attorney of record, and makes this Application for Writ of Habeas Corpus Seeking Bail Reduction, and for good cause shows the following:
​1.​__is illegally confined and restrained of liberty by in the in in lieu of a bond in the amount of $. is charged with, which is a.
​2.​__'s confinement and restraint is illegal because bond is excessive, oppressive and beyond the financial means of , in violation of the Eighth and Fourteenth Amendments to the United States Constitution, Article I, §§ 11, 13 and 19 of the Texas Constitution, and Articles 1.09 and 17.15 of the Texas Code of Criminal Procedure.
​3._​_respectfully requests this Court to conduct an evidentiary hearing and, after receiving evidence, to reduce the amount of bond to a reasonable amount in order that will have an opportunity to obtain release from incarceration pending trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Houndgirl2003