GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #30 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well we don't know that they don't have more than just SB statement to go that route.

They have to have more, lots more. I hope they have linked every little tidbit of information, the note, who bought the cleaning products - those things have to be explained. I think they were able to use his anger at SB to justify the AK charge along with Christina's DNA. It just strains the mind why it takes so long but we know we've seen the same with so many other cases. He's not going anywhere while they work on all angles, that's the good news.

IMO, in order for them to ping, they would have to be turned on. I know from another case that once the battery is dead or the phone is no longer turned on that it will not ping. The service carrier is irrelevant.

Also, if a cell tower is a Sprint tower, that does not mean that only phones with Sprint as a carrier will ping from that tower. Usually, especially with the larger carriers, the tower "owner" will rent space to the other carriers so that they will have a "dish"(I guess that is what it would be called) on the tower, too. This is what allows everyone to be able to have continuous cell coverage pretty much all the time because if not, your cell coverage would be confined to the radius of the cell tower associated only with your carrier. Does that make sense? There are also differences in the ranges of various towers. IIRC, they can range anywhere from 2-12 miles. **I am not a cell phone/tower expert or anything like that. This knowledge all comes from researching pings from another case.**

ALL JMO

It seems back when we were having the discussion here of pings from cell phones etc that we had a poster who seemed very knowledgeable in regards to this and IIRC, that poster had mentioned that an iPhone will continue to ping whether it is shut on OR off, and that it actually sends out one last ping before the battery goes completely dead. This is just what I remember. I am not stating it as fact, but rather this is how I remember it being said during earlier discussion.

It's not about taking anything personally, it's about countering erroneous views that were being presented as reality.

I won't be surprised if the defense attorney does try to make an issue out of ADHD and EA's Adderall use, as defense attorneys often rely on the public's biases & commonly held misconceptions in an attempt to win a case, IMO. If that happens, hopefully the prosecution will call medical experts, who are good communicators, to correct any misconceptions.
All JMO.

I agree.

IMO, his ADHD and Adderall use will probably be addressed, especially if he was abusing the medication or giving to others. JMO

IMO, I don't see how it can really help EA from a defense stand point, though. I agree that every option should be used to ensure that justice is served, but I don't see ADHD or the use of Adderall being a mitigating factor in Aggravated Kidnapping or Murder, but that is JMO.

IMO, there is a lot of misunderstanding about Adderall, and people that need to take it versus people who just want to take it. IMO, it is discussed mainly when it is being abused by someone, sold illegally by someone with a prescription, or used for reasons (such as weight loss....believe it or not, I have heard of it being prescribed by gynecologists for weight loss... :waiting:) other than treating ADD/ADHD symptoms.

Personally, I am in the process of trying to wean myself off of the medication. I have been on it for MANY years, and I worry about adverse health affects now that I am older.

Below is a link that, IMO, gives a basic run down of the drug and its interaction with alcohol and the affects when the two are combined.

http://www.healthline.com/health/adhd/adderall-and-alcohol#WithAlcohol5

Adderall is a stimulant and alcohol is a depressant. But don’t be fooled into thinking they cancel each other out. In the body, they compete with each other, posing serious risks.

Inebriation/Alcohol Poisoning

Adderall can dull the symptoms of being drunk. So people who use the substances together are often not aware of how much alcohol they’ve consumed. This can lead to over drinking and related consequences, from alcohol poisoning to risky behaviors.

It is this quote that makes me question just how in-depth EA's attorney's will want to get over EA's use of Adderall. IMO, this may explain possible aggressive behavior, but IMO, this might be understandable in the event of a bar fight or something similar, but IMO, it in NO WAY mitigates Aggravated Kidnapping or Murder.

Behavioral Issues

Reduced inhibitions and aggressive behavior often go hand in hand with drinking too much. Add Adderall to the mix and the results are multiplied.

I also hope that every possible angle is covered by both the prosecution and defense to make sure that the case is not compromised in any way and that the appropriate justice is served.

EVERYTHING OTHER THAN THE LINK AND QUOTES ARE JMO

Someone on here was maintaining a map at one point. Does that still exist? If so, where can I find it?

Thanks

catpatrol has the map on her signature and you should be able to find it on the sticky posts at the top of each thread

catpatrol has the map on her signature and you should be able to find it on the sticky posts at the top of each thread

Of course she does! All I needed to do was read it - duh!

Thank you SJ

Well done on finding that, I'd forgotten that I'd asked that question :smile: but now you've reminded me I don't think we actually got a definitive answer from JMOM or anyone else on whether there was any CCTV confirmation of where the cars were.

Well, honestly if they had video footage of where the cars were parked, certainly they would have video footage of either two people getting into his car, just one person getting into his car, him attacking her and opening his trunk and putting her inside. Even if the footage was "grainy" (which btw, I don't ever believe that it was...) or even if it only showed the rear of the cars or something, they would still see the movement of the people and cars. If that's the case there would be no mystery about what transpired, but clearly there is. And you know that LE wasn't sitting around reviewing all their surveillance video with the family like a coach after a football game. LE just doesn't keep the families that informed in missing person's cases, unfortunately. (Speaking from experience.) They just have to keep many things to themselves as they investigate.

You are right. We went round and round about this and all we got was "the warrant says so." Which it doesn't.

Actually, she didn't. What she said was that the warrant said so. But in actuality the warrant does not say so, it says that they see EA enter and CM enter right after him. Then it says that based on their interview with SB, they gather that they were parked near each other. And then the warrant says that they see EA's gar leave the garage, but do not see CM's car leave.

Here is the link to JMom's post (geez it took me a while to dig this up!)
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ano-30-August-2014-21&p=11275991#post11275991

And here is what she said in that post:

And it was in response to this question posed by another poster (SJ)

Well, honestly if they had video footage of where the cars were parked, certainly they would have video footage of either two people getting into his car, just one person getting into his car, him attacking her and opening his trunk and putting her inside. Even if the footage was "grainy" (which btw, I don't ever believe that it was...) or even if it only showed the rear of the cars or something, they would still see the movement of the people and cars. If that's the case there would be no mystery about what transpired, but clearly there is. And you know that LE wasn't sitting around reviewing all their surveillance video with the family like a coach after a football game. LE just doesn't keep the families that informed in missing person's cases, unfortunately. (Speaking from experience.) They just have to keep many things to themselves as they investigate.

You are right. We went round and round about this and all we got was "the warrant says so." Which it doesn't.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ano-30-August-2014-19&p=11244672#post11244672

This was what I was talking about, because I too felt if they saw where she pulled in and parked (to know her car was never moved) then they would have seen whatever happened.

As EA approaches 30 days in jail, what's next? I read somewhere the bail hearing is Jan. 15. Is that open to the public? Maybe details will be released as to why his bail should be reduced?
He still has to be indicted. That's what I've been waiting for- to see if there is enough evidence for an indictment on the charges of AK or based on new evidence that the public doesn't know about, will the charges change?

He still has to be indicted. That's what I've been waiting for- to see if there is enough evidence for an indictment on the charges of AK or based on new evidence that the public doesn't know about, will the charges change?

When does indictment normally take place?

Didn't they say, in reference to the cameras in the garage, on the ID special the other night, that the cameras were "motion activated?"

I'm not real sure if that would make a difference or not.

If I'm wrong, someone please correct me.

Brittany Feagans ‏@BF_StarNews 8m8 minutes ago
Attorney for #EnriqueArochi requested subpoena today, court records show. Arochi charged with aggravated kidnapping of #ChristinaMorris.
https://twitter.com/BF_StarNews/status/553693258925084672

Per Collin County Court records:
Subpoena
PP Unserved
SN Unserved
SB Unserved
MM Unserved

Hmmm...interesting that MM is on there. Maybe because he has possession of her car? The others make sense as they were all together that night.

Attorney for #EnriqueArochi requested subpoena today, court records show. Arochi charged with aggravated kidnapping of #ChristinaMorris.

Subpoena
PP Unserved
SN Unserved
SB Unserved
MM Unserved

Subpoena
PP Unserved
SN Unserved
SB Unserved
MM Unserved

I dont know what this means. Where subpoena's written and not acted on or there are some that are yet to be delivered? Or does this mean EA attorney is going to subpoena them to testify at his bond reduction hearing?

I dont know if it is the same but my sister gave a deposition today in NY State and she was not subpoena'd (is that a word?!)

It's not "relying on public's bias" or "misconceptions." It's called putting up a vigorous defense, as is required of defense attorneys by the state bar.

If there is an ADHD issue that isn't brought up during a trial, there are grounds for the convicted to ask for a new trial based on the defense attorney not providing adequate defense.

Folks, you want the whole thing done right. It shouldn't bother you that ADHD would be brought up and used. If convicted, you want the defense attorneys to have used every method they know so that the conviction will be that much more likely to not be thrown out or overturned on appeal.

Some of you, I'm afraid, are at the point of not seeing the forest for the trees. Back up a little and look at the big picture. You want not just a conviction, but a conviction that will stick.
LOL No matter how I try to express my point, I'm obvsly communicating very poorly, so I'm dropping it here and now. [emoji6]

Does anyone else here use Tapatalk to read/reply on WS? If so, can you see posters' signatures? I cannot, and just wondering if it's just my phone or what.

Do you need a subpoena for a deposition?

It depends on whether the witness is cooperative or not.

IIRC, that is pretty much how it works for court, depositions, etc... Sometimes, people will just willingly go in and give their testimony, but sometimes they have to be "persuaded" with a subpoena depending on the circumstances.

I know this is how it works in divorce cases.

It could just be they are being subpoenaed for the hearing on the 15th?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member