GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #31 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious why his phone wouldn't ping at the same time as hers did at 4:47 a.m. I can see hers not pinging at 4:56 if the battery finally went dead, but how does his ping at 4:56 but not at 4:47?

One of the items I've wondered about, too. I'd really like to know when CM's communications stopped.

And I realize her phone may have run out of juice, but if she got in EA's car to ride somewhere, wouldn't she have charged it in his car? Either way--when she quit using her phone, or it died, the time frame is important.

I'm curious why his phone wouldn't ping at the same time as hers did at 4:47 a.m. I can see hers not pinging at 4:56 if the battery finally went dead, but how does his ping at 4:56 but not at 4:47?

If EA had Sprint his would ping off the Sprint tower, Christinas would off of whichever provider she uses. I also think the timing is somewhat random, meaning I don't think the towers receive signals from phones at specific times. Anyone can feel free to correct me if I'm wrong though

Yeah, I don't understand that either but maybe phones just ping at different intervals. I'm not familiar with how all that works.

I don't know squat about phones pinging... maybe they pinged at a different time because they are different phones or different brands...???

I don't know, either, and wish I did.

I done this over the years with several cases--I think I'm just going to read and ponder, and pretty soon I'm getting invested in the discussion and outcome. However, by that time, I've read, but not copied or printed out, lots of good info from other posters: timelines, ping info, phone info, maps, etc., because I don't really have time to be reading and sleuthing. Yet on I go, sometimes inadvertently creating confusion because I haven't kept up on pertinent details.

Thank you to all of you sleuthers who try to collate and manage the information for us part-timers. I really appreciate your efforts.

IMO: Follow EA, find Christina.

So they would only ping at the same time if say EA was calling her phone to maybe try and find it? But ping at different times if say maybe someone tried to contact CM first and couldn't but knew she left with EA and tried to call him just after? And they were both by each other?

So they would only ping at the same time if say EA was calling her phone to maybe try and find it? But ping at different times if say maybe someone tried to contact CM first and couldn't but knew she left with EA and tried to call him just after?

No. A phone pings without being in use.

I'm just gonna say....I can't wait until Thurs. I suppose BF or other reporters will be there taking notes.

I'm curious about this also. And didn't the PI say EA turned his phone off when he was on 121? Was that ever verified?

I am stuck on two things: what did the dogs hit on in the garage if not Christina's blood or saliva? That is the only reason I can see how things went down immediately after the walk to the garage? An argument started and ended in 3 minutes? It's possible, I guess.
Or, if she went with him willingly, I cannot fathom WHY. It's already 4am, who would want to go have a smoke with Creepy knowing they had an hour's drive in front of them? Of course, I'm not 23, either, but I just don't see it.

I'm curious about this also. And didn't the PI say EA turned his phone off when he was on 121? Was that ever verified?

I am stuck on two things: what did the dogs hit on in the garage if not Christina's blood or saliva? That is the only reason I can see how things went down immediately after the walk to the garage? An argument started and ended in 3 minutes? It's possible, I guess.
Or, if she went with him willingly, I cannot fathom WHY. It's already 4am, who would want to go have a smoke with Creepy knowing they had an hour's drive in front of them? Of course, I'm not 23, either, but I just don't see it.

Wasn't EA Bff's with her X that she tried to contact that night? Maybe she got in the car willingly because they were going to meet up with him. Or EA said they were. I do believe she got in the car willingly. But like you can't fathom why. Just thinking of different things is all..

I think that in cases where landfills have been searched, LE had a good idea which dumpster the victim was probably placed in. That way, they can track the contents of the dumpsters from that area to a particular place in the landfill. I can't imagine where they would start here, unless the thought is he came back the area of the parking garage still carrying Christina, which seems far-fetched to me. But not impossible-maybe he thought this would make it more likely to LE that some random predator took her.

I know it was mentioned in interviews about going to church. Does anyone know what church he might have been talking about? The reason I ask is I have noticed that catholic seems to be the most common religion in Mexico, and upon googling, I have only found about 2 catholic churches within a reasonable distance with a spanish speaking service? Maybe I am incorrect? One of the catholic churches St. Francis which looks like a very large church, seems to have a very rural wooded area behind it, so it makes me wonder if it's a place he could be familiar with?

I can't think of any cases where the parent was charged with covering up or cleaning up their child's murder. Not saying it hasn't happened, but I would have to believe it to be quite rare.

Siblings appear to be more helpful in such situations, but not saying in this case there was such help.
Donald and Jacob Steele. Not saying that's what happened here but it's interesting in that the son reached out to his dad for a better location to hide a body. And the father helped him do so.

Edited to provide a link
http://www.times-standard.com/20120...r-in-jail-for-helping-dispose-of-victims-body

what if he opened the trunk she put some stuff in the trunk and went to close it and closed it on her finger or hand?
Her dna would be there but she would not have been in the trunk!

and he would choose to have his and his families lives forever negatively effected and sit in jail looking and doing decades instead of just saying that ....

not a chance.

If you take each piece of evidence individually, they can be reasonably explained away. All of the evidence together cannot.

this !!! plus honestly some of it is pretty hard to explain on its own .... like how a missing persons DNA got in your trunk.

Unless they have proof he purchased and used those cleaning supplies, that can be explained away being that he lived with other people, specifically a mon who likely cleans.

And that's my point. I don't dispute EA is likely guilty of this crime, but to put hope in this much circumstantial evidence is cause for a let down. The defense is going to come out swinging and will likely discredit a lot of the circumstantial evidence. It is the prosecution's responsibiliy to prove beyond a reasonable doubt. Yes common sense would put it all together, but I can't help but think of all those who have gotten off, ie: OJ, Casey Anthony, George Zimmerman, etc...

that's a handful of people out of millions. The cases where people get off are just memorable.

Donald and Jacob Steele. Not saying that's what happened here but it's interesting in that the son reached out to his dad for a better location to hide a body. And the father helped him do so.

Edited to provide a link
http://www.times-standard.com/20120...r-in-jail-for-helping-dispose-of-victims-body
The murderer reached out to friends first and then his dad who contacted another friend to ask how to do it. I find it ridiculous his dad only got a year in jail. What kind of people were they hanging out with when they can casually ask them to help after a murder?!

Again, I think it is still rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member