GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #31 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Quailfoot's posts, too, always look forward to them. I know what "intent" means, I know they have to prove the charge. And it's not going to be simple, as you said with no witnesses and no proof. If he had "something to do with her disappearance",l what do you think it was? Giving her a ride, taking her to another guy, going to a motel? I'm just reaching for ideas, not trying to put myself in the courtroom yet.

I don't have any idea what happened. You are asking me, at that point, to jump into the minds of several 20-somethings who had been drinking and possibly doing drugs that night, and determine what they were thinking. I think the only person that knows is EA.

My only worry is that he gets off because of the charge they are attempting, and the fact that it appears to be based on the mindset of one girl in the apartment.

One other angle that LE has to work with, that's been overlooked, is that they can control EA's ability to stay in the US. It wouldn't necessarily take a conviction on AK to be able to deport him as a last resort.

In essence, he's in this country as a "guest" in our home, not as a right. Given the fact he hasn't told what he did with CM, he's tried to obstruct LE investigation through repeated lies, and he's committed theft, a case can be made that he's forfeited his right to live here.

I certainly think he needs 99 years in prison, or worse. But given the circumstances, I certainly don't want this creep walking the Texas streets if they can't get a conviction.
I know the sentiment expressed in your last paragraph is common, but I find it confusing. How is it better for a sociopathic killer to walk freely down the street in another country? I just think prison is the best option to keep a killer from killing again, as imperfect as it is. And if it turns out that EA does have a penchant for rape & murder, then I hope they throw away the key. All JMO.

Just curious what kind of evidence you would need in order to be convinced that EA placed Christina in his trunk with the intent for SA or to harm her?
A confession penned by EA and signed in blood? Plans laid out in his diary? A body?
Really though, what evidence do you think could show intent?
Previous complaints to PD about stalking/looking in windows?
A previous fascination/admiration of Christina?

The affidavit presented the bare minimum evidence needed for probable cause. I understand the information we have right now is EA's word vs. SB's word, but keep in mind how little EA's word will mean to the jurors.
I also believe that PP will back up the story that EA acted upset after he was rejected. So there's two people with consistent stories vs one person who has too many inconsistencies in their story to count.
What if Christina sent PP or SB a text during the walk saying "Creepy... EA seems super pissed that SB friend zoned him".... We don't know what evidence they have.

Prosecutor knows the burden of proof is on them, this isn't news. We've seen 10-15% of evidence and we are still going back and forth over whether they will have a solid case. It's silly. What is the point?
Shouldn't we wait to hear all of the evidence before we start deciding how solid the case is?

I don't have any idea what happened. You are asking me, at that point, to jump into the minds of several 20-somethings who had been drinking and possibly doing drugs that night, and determine what they were thinking. I think the only person that knows is EA.

My only worry is that he gets off because of the charge they are attempting, and the fact that it appears to be based on the mindset of one girl in the apartment.

My guess is that PPD is competent enough to have all their "ducks in a row" & enough backing for the AK charge that EA was arrested for. JMO!

"The DNA evidence and the details that surround that... if we were able to release that, you would understand it more," said Plano police spokesman David Tilley. "Unfortunately, we're unable to release that."

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/crime...case/20353567/

I think someone defintly needs to check this out!! I was looking at the picture and I moved it around. notice on the ground there are what looks to be fresh skid marks? so I thought to myself....how can we know when this picture happened. then I see Sept 2014. I think it is at least some place to check. Anyone able to go look or turn this into the search team??

https://www.google.com/maps/@33.091...ata=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1syXc0-o7sOPNMXOtvbJYWzw!2e0

Was looking at the google maps with in like a mile or so of the last ping at 4:47 am at the Granite Pkwy -
Has the area just due west of the David Mc David been checked? the street is called Lebaron it ends in cul de sac -looks like some one
could do right fender damage if pulled up there quick in the dark .. it looks like it gets pretty creepy about 50 yrds from the pavement
can not tell if there is a creek or what
after this I am about out of ideas to throw out exactly where to look .. perhaps I will take a break and regroup later..
FWIW - I still think she is closer to the 4:47am marker if in the area
https://www.google.com/maps/@33.091...ata=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1syXc0-o7sOPNMXOtvbJYWzw!2e0

Hmmmm ok

"We all lie"
" Everybody lies, big and small people"

and then theres Felon Casey Anthony.

Altho I agree about lies, it doesn't always sway a jury.

jmo jme
EA has made numerous lies about that night. Lies that are blatant and can be easily demonstrated. People are underestimating how a jury will see this and how big a hole the defense is going to start out in. Jurors are going to hear and see the lies and think he did it. He will be presumed guilty due to the lies and the defense has a much higher bar to clear to get to not guilty.

So, what other "intent" can be explored besides SA? I've always leaned towards a third party, but on the fence now. I know It's said he was sexually frustrated and I'm not calling anyone a liar but...I think sometimes it's easy to create a situation in your mind that is more than it actually was when something tragic happens. If that makes sense, like witnessing an accident and thinking it could've been you or hearing about a rape and thinking that guy was giving me the creeps too...
Anyhow, It's such a short amount of time in the garage and they seem to be walking fine together in the short video. Unless he waited until they were actually at their cars to put the moves on or attacked her out of nowhere, I think she willingly left in his car. But why? If we take SA off the table, what else is there?
Also, I appreciate everyone's posts. I think everyone has valid points, ideas and questions. The snarkiness, I could do without. :)

Not being snarky either, but why are you asking me to prove something I didn't see? No one has proven in a court of law that she was in the truck of EA's car. It is a hypothesis in an affidavit in order to get an arrest warrant.

[modsnip] The affidavit then goes on to talk about SB's testimony because it is necessary for the aggravated kidnapping charge! The DNA on or in the car alone do not prove aggravated kidnapping.

The prosecution, in order to get an aggravated kidnapping conviction, must prove EA's mindset/intent was to cause bodily injury or sexually assault. This is the law. The law isn't, "We found DNA here or there."

[modsnip] You will not find the words DNA anywhere in it. You will find the phrase "with the intent to."

I've already stated that I believe EA has something to do with CM's disappearance. But, my opinion, based on reading of the law and reading about other aggravated kidnapping cases, is that aggravated kidnapping is going to be difficult to prove without witnesses or proof.
If the "significant amount" of CM's DNA found in the trunk is her blood then doesn't it show she was injured in some way? Seems that would support the AK charge. Her DNA in the trunk vs his lie of never being in his car shows he was covering up and draws a logical conclusion to assume she was inside the trunk at some point. People normally do not get into a trunk unless they are under duress (or happen to be on WS and go to great lengths to investigate cases). Another supporting factor. SB's story is weak (to me...it appeared the detective put the words/idea into her head), but it did open the door for them to gain additional evidence at his home and to dig deeper in his car to support AK charge and tie him to her murder.

LE knows he isn't going anywhere soon and they can take their time building a murder case while searching for her body.

He's not saying it is his opinion, he is saying EA did it. And, he is putting it in capital letters. Unless he was there, he has no idea. In America, the burden of proof for criminal charges lies on the prosecution, not the defense. No one has proven that EA did anything to CM.

It's not our burden here at WS to "prove" anything. Our hobby, not job, is to sleuth and opine.

there are even new looking tire tracks on the other side of the barrier.../ road block.

I think someone defintly needs to check this out!! I was looking at the picture and I moved it around. notice on the ground there are what looks to be fresh skid marks? so I thought to myself....how can we know when this picture happened. then I see Sept 2014. I think it is at least some place to check. Anyone able to go look or turn this into the search team??

Looks like an industrial road. They are normally quiet and empty at night and perfect for street racing. We used to do it all the time. Could explain the skids. But probably worth checking out regardless!

If the "significant amount" of CM's DNA found in the trunk is her blood then doesn't it show she was injured in some way? Seems that would support the AK charge. Her DNA in the trunk vs his lie of never being in his car shows he was covering up and draws a logical conclusion to assume she was inside the trunk at some point. People normally do not get into a trunk unless they are under duress (or happen to be on WS and go to great lengths to investigate cases). Another supporting factor. SB's story is weak (to me...it appeared the detective put the words/idea into her head), but it did open the door for them to gain additional evidence at his home and to dig deeper in his car to support AK charge and tie him to her murder.

LE knows he isn't going anywhere soon and they can take their time building a murder case while searching for her body.

I agree. Either LE has more evidence that supports the murder case or they just used that charge while they build the murder case.

I know the sentiment expressed in your last paragraph is common, but I find it confusing. How is it better for a sociopathic killer to walk freely down the street in another country? I just think prison is the best option to keep a killer from killing again, as imperfect as it is. And if it turns out that EA does have a penchant for rape & murder, then I hope they throw away the key. All JMO.

I was not saying that I would prefer EA walk free ANYWHERE instead of being punished for what he did to CM. Perish the thought.

But, in any event, if somehow he wriggles out, I certainly wouldn't want him walking the streets here, next to my sisters, nieces, and cousins and other females that I care about. Would you?

there are even new looking tire tracks on the other side of the barrier.../ road block.
So if you were to drive back there, you'd go to the right of the barrier. The edge is covered in greenery and could be hard to see at night, especially if headlights were off, so it's possible to clip the barrier with the passenger side upon returning to the road.

I was not saying that I would prefer EA walk free ANYWHERE instead of being punished for what he did to CM. Perish the thought.

But, in any event, if somehow he wriggles out, I certainly wouldn't want him walking the streets here, next to my sisters, nieces, and cousins and other females that I care about. Would you?
Of course not, but I wouldn't find it more reassuring to know he was walking down the street with the sisters, mothers, daughters, etc of people in another country, either. Steve, I think we're going to need to agree to disagree on this one. [emoji6]

Just curious what kind of evidence you would need in order to be convinced that EA placed Christina in his trunk with the intent for SA or to harm her?
A confession penned by EA and signed in blood? Plans laid out in his diary? A body?
Really though, what evidence do you think could show intent?
Previous complaints to PD about stalking/looking in windows?
A previous fascination/admiration of Christina?

The affidavit presented the bare minimum evidence needed for probable cause. I understand the information we have right now is EA's word vs. SB's word, but keep in mind how little EA's word will mean to the jurors.

I also believe that PP will back up the story that EA acted upset after he was rejected. So there's two people with consistent stories vs one person who has too many inconsistencies in their story to count.

What if Christina sent PP or SB a text during the walk saying "Creepy... EA seems super pissed that SB friend zoned him".... We don't know what evidence they have.

Prosecutor knows the burden of proof is on them, this isn't news. We've seen 10-15% of evidence and we are still going back and forth over whether they will have a solid case. It's silly. What is the point?

Shouldn't we wait to hear all of the evidence before we start deciding how solid the case is?

Great points. Super great, in fact. The assumption being made, that LE must only have whatever evidence they have shown the public, and therefore the case is shoddy, is certainly one that some can make, but I agree with you that it's myopic to be making that assumption. IMO the evidence they have shown are 'tip of the iceberg' stuff to show the general outlines of the case, and they would omit all the supporting and corroborating facts that they know (because they aren't stupid) they will need at trial.

Great points. Super great, in fact. The assumption being made, that LE must only have whatever evidence they have shown the public, and therefore the case is shoddy, is certainly one that some can make, but I agree with you that it's myopic to be making that assumption. IMO the evidence they have shown are 'tip of the iceberg' stuff to show the general outlines of the case, and they would omit all the supporting and corroborating facts that they know (because they aren't stupid) they will need at trial.
I agree too. And really hope they have much more.

http://m.starlocalmedia.com/allenam...6cc-87e2-11e4-b296-13824fa23769.html?mode=jqm

“I hope people understand how much time and how much work we’ve actually been doing on this all along,” said Officer David Tilley, Plano PD spokesman. “This is just a small percentage of everything we’ve done. This is just the information we needed to get the arrest and search warrant.”

I don't think anybody on here is making the assumption that whatever little evidence they have shared with the public is all they have - I just wanted anyone who felt like it to throw out some ideas of what they "think" could have happened, not PROVE anything or get in anyone else's mind. Just thinking out loud and sharing, that's all. Of course, we could just all go away and wait for the trial, but I would miss yall. :) As for what we do know for a fact - there's he lied, lied, lied, and lied some more. It makes me wonder if he didn't hurt her, why hasn't he made up a story about where he took her and why..??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member