GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #31 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they did I think it would get thrown out of court. Unlawful search and seizure , I believe. You can't just take stuff or go through things without a warrant.

ETA: I'm responding to the question about not needing a warrant. If they found those things when they searched his car the first time that they had the search warrant for his car, then yes I could see that.
The search warrant has to be a bit specific, from what I remember from class years ago. For example, if you say you're searching for a tire, but then find a bloody knife, the knife isn't allowed to be taken into custody. Therefore,LE is usually a lot broader and lists smaller objects.

Oh, I definitely respect the math and logic you're using. I felt the same way, all the way through December. Occam's Razor.

How long before the theory gets revised though? And I'm not asking rhetorically. How many months of looking in the same region without success before you'd feel comfortable expanding the perimeter? For me, four months felt like a good frustration point. I know it's tough to make this forecast, but I'm curious as to what yall's peak might be.

Obviously, in an area that massive, you start closest to "go" and then work your way out, selectively. But playing with a map, and still limiting the window to the 7:30-10 time slot, the entire map could include such places as (I have a perimeter that looks very roughly like this. moving counter-clockwise):

Durant OK (or between there and the TX line)
Lake Texoma
Whitesboro
Lake Ray Roberts
Lake Lewisville
Anywhere in Dallas County
Lake Lavon
Lake Ray Hubbard
Greenville TX
Bonham TX
And all points within that perimeter

So far, they've had the time and manpower to scratch the surface in some of Allen, and some fairly close places to it. But look at that geography on a map - the task of searching it all is daunting.

Jmo, but I think LE was looking for a body, from early on. It is easy for them to claim otherwise, but ground searches are pretty much done to look for the victim...not their belongings. I think they had EA pegged from the start, but knew the forensic testing would take time. But jmo.

...all those calls to HF. I've said before it seems frantic.

To me, it wasn't really frantic at all. Instead, what I saw in those was the technological version of "she was nagging his butt off, like a dog that won't let a bone go" - but hey, maybe that's just me LOL

To me, it wasn't really frantic at all. Instead, what I saw in those was the technological version of "she was nagging his butt off, like a dog that won't let a bone go" - but hey, maybe that's just me LOL
Man's view vs woman's view. Ha!

Obviously, in an area that massive, you start closest to "go" and then work your way out, selectively. But playing with a map, and still limiting the window to the 7:30-10 time slot, the entire map could include such places as (I have a perimeter that looks very roughly like this. moving counter-clockwise):

Durant OK (or between there and the TX line)
Lake Texoma
Whitesboro
Lake Ray Roberts
Lake Lewisville
Anywhere in Dallas County
Lake Lavon
Lake Ray Hubbard
Greenville TX
Bonham TX
And all points within that perimeter

So far, they've had the time and manpower to scratch the surface in some of Allen, and some fairly close places to it. But look at that geography on a map - the task of searching it all is daunting.

SteveS, what are your thoughts on the "dumpster/landfill/ wrapped in a tarp" scenario? My mind keeps heading in that direction.. I googled "body in landfill" & the list went on & on.. OR would EA think that is too obvious? I sometimes try to think like EA & my mind just won't go there...lol

I agree! But AK fit the purpose to get him in jail at this point, right?

Yes. It's what they knew they could get away with while EA wasn't represented. His attorney will challenge the charge Thursday; hence the subpoenas duces tecum for the detectives and subpoenas of the witnesses who were at the apartment.

SteveS, what are your thoughts on the "dumpster/landfill/ wrapped in a tarp" scenario? My mind keeps heading in that direction.. I googled "body in landfill" & the list went on & on.. OR would EA think that is too obvious? I sometimes try to think like EA & my mind just won't go there...lol

I'm actually very surprised with all the pings, and thinking LE knows more than we do, that they haven't found her by now. Plus all the constant searches that have taken place for 4 months. He could have hidden her well in a drain hole or landfill, or maybe someone close to him helped him move her later. He could have buried all her personal items or destroyed them in a fire. I hope her family gets answers though and this does not remain unsolved as to her whereabouts.

Yes. It's what they knew they could get away with while EA wasn't represented. His attorney will challenge the charge Thursday; hence the subpoenas duces tecum for the detectives and subpoenas of the witnesses who were at the apartment.

Why would they think EA wasn't represented? It was in numerous media reports he had hired an attorney prior to his arrest. They would have no way of knowing otherwise unless EA told them and I doubt he did that.

I have thought this scenerio was possible but then why the sudden stop of communication from Christina? It really does not make sense. She was preoccupied the whole evening trying to get in touch with HF. Calling and texting him with no response. So thats what gets me. Even walking to the car she is calling SN and ALP plus we have not seen all her text messages that evening. So she suddenly stops trying to call or text anyone. And from what we know from LE even the communications from EA's phone to HF were before that last clip of them walking into the garage. Also the timestamp on the video clearly says 3:57am but LE keeps using 3:55 giving him 3 whole minutes to do something to her and put her in his trunk before leaving the garage. Plenty of time for her to kick the crap out of him and bite him as she is fighting like hell to get away.

I am sorry but the more I think about it the more I feel if she willing went with him and was sitting in that passenger seat she would have been on her phone and/or his continuing to try to contact HF. Like someone said there was a flurry of calls and texts then silence. I dont believe her phone died. IMO until we get more solid evidence
Excellent, excellent point. From practically nonstop communication (or attempts at communication) to radio silence. Since she had already used EA's phone, it stands to reason that she would continue to do so if she willingly got into his car.

I have thought this scenerio was possible but then why the sudden stop of communication from Christina? It really does not make sense. She was preoccupied the whole evening trying to get in touch with HF. Calling and texting him with no response. So thats what gets me.

You make good points, but I think some of it is easily answered, some less so. Then, we have to consider what possibilities that leaves us.

I think part of the equation was that her phone ran out of juice. Or was about to run out, or she wanted to save the last bit for her drive home, something like that. Didn't she have one of those iPhones that drains a battery like mad, and hadn't she been in it constantly for an hour or so? In addition, that offers a reasonable explanation of why she borrowed EAs phone as she walked to the car.

So she gives him his phone back, they get to the car(s), and now what?

Well, imo she couldn't talk/text unless she uses his.phone. Or gets hers charged. So those are my assumptions and that leaves us with the following, I think, in the order of what I see as most likely to least (my thoughts about how other evidence might fit together influencing my thoughts here, of course) ....

1 passenger - she doesn't talk/text because borrowing his phone to interact elsewhere while she was riding in his car would be rude, she doesnt even ask
2 passenger - she doesn't talk/text because she asked but he won't let her borrow it, and maybe he's using it
3 passenger - she doesn't talk/text because they are lost in conversation
4 in trunk - she doesn't talk/text because she can't
5 passenger - she doesn't talk/text because she is disinterested in talk/text for awhile

Man's view vs woman's view. Ha!

Yes, definitely.

From her side, she needed to keep at it until she got her point across, and he wasn't answering.
From his, she was making a mountain out of a molehill, and he didn't wanna hear it anymore

He was right, of course! lol

Yes, definitely.

From her side, she needed to keep at it until she got her point across, and he wasn't answering.
From his, she was making a mountain out of a molehill, and he didn't wanna hear it anymore

He was right, of course! lol
*snort*

As I've played with the possibilities, I've come to think it was pretty much like LE has outlined, where she's in his trunk at 5:32 near his home. To me that fits the movements the best.

I really DON'T like the dumpster idea, after that. To me, that only works if it's in a panic, right after something happens at the Shops area, and he drives to the nearest dumpster and gets rid of her. But later on, we would be assuming that, while it's daylight, he's going to a place with people (business, apartments, etc) and moving a body from his trunk. I just don't see it.

I can see the "tarp" idea as part of a Sat morning scenario - - don't figure he had one with him all along, but maybe grabbed one (if they had some) from the garage at the house. But not sure that it makes much diff (to limit the possibilities) is she's outside and in a tarp, or simply left outside, although having a tarp might slow discovery a while if she's in an otherwise noticeable area. Would look more like debris, perhaps.

I have had a thought that may explain some things. What if Christina was planning on going somewhere with EA but didn't tell anyone else. Nothing wrong with not wanting everyone in your business. They could have even discussed it on the way to the garage. I can see EA saying well, you better call SN now so he's not calling later to make sure you got home. Maybe she wanted him to take her to someone, somewhere, get high who knows. What if the 2nd ping near the SOL was when he was returning her to her car Or even back to the apartment and something happened at that time rather than right after they left the garage. There's still plenty of time before the Kroger video for lots to have transpired.

This is how I see it playing out.
I'm a little leary of why LE has done some searches out in Lucas and Lake Lavon area (due to tips called in). Who called in these tips and what were they?
In all fairness, they've searched every city that we know of and (hopefully) more places/days than what we're aware of too.

Why can't we find her? I hope they are able to retrieve that "wiped" cell phone data that may be on his home computer, plus possibly locate any maps or Google searches he may have looked up that morning.

Excellent, excellent point. From practically nonstop communication (or attempts at communication) to radio silence. Since she had already used EA's phone, it stands to reason that she would continue to do so if she willingly got into his car.
Thank you. I dont believe he killed her in the garage but he did something to cause complete silence from her phone. She would have called 911 or alerted someone if she ever had the chance.

Yeah, LE is way smarter than we want to give them credit for! While what they put in the affidavits seems flimsy to prove SA, they'd know that just like we do, and no way they're arresting him (and revealing as much to him as they did) with just that as their case imo. Here's what LE said: "I hope people understand how much time and how much work we’ve actually been doing on this all along. This is just a small percentage of everything we’ve done. This is just the information we needed to get the arrest and search warrant.”

BBM
Thanks for the direct quote from LE. I'd like to read the whole article in context. Where can I find it? Thanks in advance.

Someone whose reflex is to blame (and blaming the disruption caused by her disappearance for his termination demonstrates this, IMO) might try to hide her in a place where the blame could be shifted to someone else.

If he hides her in a place familiar to him and she is discovered, there's not much room for him to wiggle out of it.

If he hides her in a place that is closer/more familiar to other parties, I can picture him creating a mental scenario that LE could just as easily believe it was the other person who did it.

Improving his odds of escaping blame, in his mind. If he's the type to gamble on such things...

Good point! Never thought of it this and yes I sure can see it happening. He's constantly blaming it on wrong info and trying to change negative views, comments, opinions that others may have of him with a bold face lie and afterall (according to EA) "he's the nicest person you could ever meet". <shudder>

I still believe that someone else took the body...but, alas, we aren't allowed (yet) to sleuth anyone except EA.

Kind of curious about this. Do you mean something like EA killed CM and someone else disposed of her?

I cannot wrap my brain around how that may play out. I mean, it's one thing if more than one person share in the act of committing murder and proceed to cover their tracks together..... Can't imagine that

ETA:Ok, I think my ADD kicked in here...

Can't imagine who would help after the fact if they weren't involved to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13