GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #36 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not directed at you, but just piggy backing on your post. BBM

The sad thing is the conversation is no longer about where she can be found, but just a back and forth about picketing/no picketing, Arochi family being victims/not victims, lawyers are scumbags/not scumbags, etc etc
LE has a person in jail. We await a trial. The reason to keep this conversation going is to find CM, but I'm afraid our conversations have reached a dead end. When we try to bring up details to think of where she can be found, where she was hidden, it seems to go nowhere. Such a shame. Knowing she was in a trunk and the owner of the trunk is in jail is not enough for me. How and why she was placed in the trunk and what transpired to lead up to and follow her being placed in there is key to finding her remains. I'm not sure this case is as cut and dry as it may seem to some, but we may never know the whole story.

Back to silently reading. Not sure what compelled me to comment.:lurk:

CookieM, I would love to be reading and commenting about pertinent material and thoughts and ideas about where Christina could be, how she can be found, rather than the minutia of what feels, to me anyway, to be peripheral to her being found. Thank you for coming out of "lurk mode" to comment, I have missed your presence on the forum.

I think we get discouraged trying to talk about where she could be found, because we have so little info compared to what might actually be known by LE. The phone pings--as SteveS says, LE most probably has pings from the garage until EA showed up at work which would drive the search areas. We don't have that luxury, and I don't have a good sense of the story sequence yet.

Where did EA's car go when he first left the garage, and why did he come back to the Shops area before going home? And then that long stretch of time before he is getting gas and going to work--especially since LE said they felt she was in the trunk of his car when he went home, it sure feels like he could have been out finding a place to leave Christina.

So many darn places to hide an ittybitty woman like Christina, to hide anybody, really.

Not to pick...really...but it does surprise me that Jonny did not react more strenuously when Christina did not answer her texts. Especially if she knew anything about HF and their relationship, but even if not. I wonder what she thought about Christina not replying to her texts. Was it common?

Maybe because you hope that nagging feeling of something wrong but that it will go away and it will all resolve itself as something normal. Maybe because it is almost impossible to absorb the possibility that something bad may have happened to your child. Maybe it is because the thing you begin to fear most, the possibility that you may never see your beloved child again, is too horrifying to absorb in any timely manner.

Casey Anthony. 'Nuff said.

First time poster here (please go easy MOD'S) :angel:! Before launching down my Casey Anthony rabbit hole I want to first say that I have a lot of respect for all of the posters here. There are a lot of intellectually impressive posts and I've found WS to be a tremendous source of insight and information. Here goes!
Let me issue a disclaimer; IN MY OPINION, Casey Anthony is disgraceful and she should never, under any circumstance, procreate, ever again. Seriously, like ever again. With the air now cleared, Casey Anthony is a free woman due to prosecutorial overreach. In a criminal case, prosecutors have to convince a jury (BARD) that "actus reus" and "mens rea" have occurred; basically fancy legal words that mean "guilty act" (actus reus) and motive (mens rea, which quite literally translates into "guilty mind"). The state of Florida claimed Casey Anthony murdered her daughter (actus reus) because she desired a life of childless freedom (mens rea). The state pursued a capital murder charge and sought the death penalty with circumstantial evidence where they cited her actions (or lack thereof) in the "disappearance" of her daughter, coupled with an apparent lack of grief and continued partying, along with “evidence” that seemed to sway, day to day, in whichever direction the leaves blew. Due to the amount of decomposition that had taken place, the cause of death was undetermined and was only ruled a homicide due to the delay in Caylee being reported missing, her remains being concealed, and duct tape being found close to those remains. The defense, countered the state’s argument by claiming death occurred as a result of accidental drowning and Casey and Mr. Anthony, being motivated by fear, disposed of Caylee’s remains. The defense claimed the idea was that of George Anthony’s and due to the abuse Casey suffered during her childhood, she went along with his idea. The defense was able to string together a narrative in which they agreed with public opinion; Caylee succumbed to an unfair, untimely, preventable end, but whether that end was homicidal or accidental, was still inconclusive by time the closing statements were given. The jury had to render a verdict based on a lack of clarity which meant they had to err on the side of innocence in the charge of capital murder. This is a case that should make all of us so grateful that Collin County is taking their time, keeping information close to the vest, and charging EA with aggravated kidnapping rather than putting the cart before the horse and making the grave mistake of prosecutorial overreach. The charge EA faces feels minor in comparison to the enormity of what potentially occurred in the early morning hours of 8/30, however, IMO, if the lowest risk for acquittal and highest probability for sentencing is Aggravated Kidnapping, I support it, that’s just my opinion though. If that’s the extent, and no other conclusive evidence is found between now and then, I suspect he’ll face charges for Capital Murder in 2021 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Declared_death_in_absentia).

First time poster here (please go easy MOD'S) :angel:! Before launching down my Casey Anthony rabbit hole I want to first say that I have a lot of respect for all of the posters here. There are a lot of intellectually impressive posts and I've found WS to be a tremendous source of insight and information. Here goes!
Let me issue a disclaimer; IN MY OPINION, Casey Anthony is disgraceful and she should never, under any circumstance, procreate, ever again. Seriously, like ever again. With the air now cleared, Casey Anthony is a free woman due to prosecutorial overreach. In a criminal case, prosecutors have to convince a jury (BARD) that "actus reus" and "mens rea" have occurred; basically fancy legal words that mean "guilty act" (actus reus) and motive (mens rea, which quite literally translates into "guilty mind"). The state of Florida claimed Casey Anthony murdered her daughter (actus reus) because she desired a life of childless freedom (mens rea). The state pursued a capital murder charge and sought the death penalty with circumstantial evidence where they cited her actions (or lack thereof) in the "disappearance" of her daughter, coupled with an apparent lack of grief and continued partying, along with “evidence” that seemed to sway, day to day, in whichever direction the leaves blew. Due to the amount of decomposition that had taken place, the cause of death was undetermined and was only ruled a homicide due to the delay in Caylee being reported missing, her remains being concealed, and duct tape being found close to those remains. The defense, countered the state’s argument by claiming death occurred as a result of accidental drowning and Casey and Mr. Anthony, being motivated by fear, disposed of Caylee’s remains. The defense claimed the idea was that of George Anthony’s and due to the abuse Casey suffered during her childhood, she went along with his idea. The defense was able to string together a narrative in which they agreed with public opinion; Caylee succumbed to an unfair, untimely, preventable end, but whether that end was homicidal or accidental, was still inconclusive by time the closing statements were given. The jury had to render a verdict based on a lack of clarity which meant they had to err on the side of innocence in the charge of capital murder. This is a case that should make all of us so grateful that Collin County is taking their time, keeping information close to the vest, and charging EA with aggravated kidnapping rather than putting the cart before the horse and making the grave mistake of prosecutorial overreach. The charge EA faces feels minor in comparison to the enormity of what potentially occurred in the early morning hours of 8/30, however, IMO, if the lowest risk for acquittal and highest probability for sentencing is Aggravated Kidnapping, I support it, that’s just my opinion though. If that’s the extent, and no other conclusive evidence is found between now and then, I suspect he’ll face charges for Capital Murder in 2021 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Declared_death_in_absentia).
Welcome!!!! I completely agree, although I could never put it so eloquently.. Being from Florida, the Casey Anthony case was a media circus around here. I think that very much affected the outcome of that case. I personally think that LE is keeping everything close to the vest with Christinas' case. Smartly so. ALL MOO[emoji12]

#ComeHomeChristina

Welcome!!!! I completely agree, although I could never put it so eloquently.. Being from Florida, the Casey Anthony case was a media circus around here. I think that very much affected the outcome of that case. I personally think that LE is keeping everything close to the vest with Christinas' case. Smartly so. ALL MOO[emoji12]

#ComeHomeChristina

I too agree that the CA case can not be compared to this. This case has DNA in the trunk, the CA case had a hair with possible death bands and an odor (BTW- I do believe CA is guilty and should not be a free woman).

I too agree that the CA case can not be compared to this. This case has DNA in the trunk, the CA case had a hair with possible death bands and an odor (BTW- I do believe CA is guilty and should not be a free woman).
No. Casey Anthony being found not guilty makes me ashamed to be from here.
I am confident that EA won't get away with this.. How the HE** does someone's DNA accidentally end up in the trunk?? I'm thinking she didn't hop in there for the fun of it!!
Not in response to this post but as for how thin Christina is, some people can't gain weight.. I'm working on baby #3 (in 4 years!) and I weighed 116 lbs with my son.. I'm Italian and can and do eat :) she doesn't seem to be an addict in my opinion..
All moo.

#ComeHomeChristina

And IN THE TRUNK means very little at this point.

I completely disagree. It was not in "the" trunk, it was in HIS trunk, a car we know he was driving and which he claims she was never in. And the context that frames that makes it even more significant - the fact that EA was the last person ever seen with CM, her DNA was found IN HIS TRUNK, she has never been seen or heard from again, and EA showed up the next day all messed up with constantly changing stories about what had happened the night before. IMO it only takes common sense (when looking at the evidence) to know what happened to her, even if we can't figure out where EA put her, and the prosecution will be able to lock him up and throw away the key using the evidence they have.

Heather Elvis's DNA was also said to be IN THE Moorer's car. We know how that turned out. My mom always says, not everything is always as it seems.

I think the point is, what is said and what they actually have can be two different things. Have you been involved with very many cases, or is this your first one? I'm seriously asking. Many people have had the rope ready and the electrical charge fired up only to be disappointed . And just for kicks, I'm not on anyone one side. I'm for CM being found and justice to prevail, the right and proper way. No matter who did it. And IN THE TRUNK means very little at this point. I have seen cases where semen was all over the victims genitals, inside and out, the DNA matched the perpetrator, DNA under her nails, you name it was there. He walked! Evidence in his house and car. He walked. So, I will wait till trial. Because no one knows what can happen. This is my opinion, personal, professional. Mine alone. ;)

I agree with you the bolded. Do you think PPD is not going about it the right a proper way? I'm really asking. After all, a judge agreed that there was enough evidence to not raise the bail to keep EA in jail.

Also, I think for every case where the evidence is great and the perp walked we could find a case where someone was convicted with little to no evidence or go even further and find a wrongly convicted person. I guess my point is, every case is different. Every case will have a different judge, jury and lawyers. So I agree with you, the trial will bring some answers and we can't know what is going to happen in this one. Comparing other cases to this is a moot point for me.

ETA: I do think it makes for good discussions here on WS though. It just doesn't change my thoughts on this case.

I agree with you the bolded. Do you think PPD is not going about it the right a proper way? I'm really asking. After all, a judge agreed that there was enough evidence to not raise the bail to keep EA in jail.

Also, I think for every case where the evidence is great and the perp walked we could find a case where someone was convicted with little to no evidence or go even further and find a wrongly convicted person. I guess my point is, every case is different. Every case will have a different judge, jury and lawyers. So I agree with you, the trial will bring some answers and we can't know what is going to happen in this one. Comparing other cases to this is a moot point for me.

ETA: I do think it makes for good discussions here on WS though. It just doesn't change my thoughts on this case.

I'm glad your open to discussion :) I in no way expect to change anyone's mind, just to keep an open mind. Le could very well be doing everything they can, but I take nothing for granted anymore. I think it is better to be cautious, not hang'em Harry before a trial and before all the evidence is presented. Unless someone is a fly on the wall, most of us are going by our gut. And I do appreciate that.

Having different opinions and open to discussion is great, smugly beating people down because some may think we like the defendant is a bit childish and pompous.

You have always been respectful and I enjoy your comments very much. :)

Maybe you think the prosecution has more to prove "beyond a reasonable doubt" than they actually do (which is a common mistake). But the law itself, and the way trials are conducted, will limit the scope, and render most of these defense theories meaningless. (In fact, some/most may not even be able to make it into the trial at all.)

Can I be wrong on the ultimate outcome? Well sure. In theory, a jury can do anything (although those odd juries are the extreme exception rather than the rule) or a prosecutor can be awful (although I have no reason to think that will be the case), but the evidence here is compelling from a legal standpoint. I have seen convictions obtained on FAR less than they appear to have here.

Almost by itself, the fact that EA put her IN HIS TRUNK is going to eliminate 99% or more of the defense distractions from being a factor.

I think EA's likely to get 99 years on the AK, based only on what we know so far - - and, I take them at face value when they essentially say there's way more we haven't even seen yet. IMO his only way to ever see the outside of a prison in his lifetime would be to work a deal while he still has a chance.

Unless all he has to bargain with or offer up is her body/skeleton. Which is what It think at this point. He'd prob rather be labeled a kidnapper than a murderer

Jmo

Unless all he has to bargain with or offer up is her body/skeleton. Which is what It think at this point. He'd prob rather be labeled a kidnapper than a murderer

Jmo

I think it is entirely possible that he will never tell. I think he may be strongly narcissistic. If his basic values say that appearances matter and he really cares how his family sees him, he may not make a deal even to save his life. With his family, I think he is more likely to double-down on his "innocence" rather than be persuaded to reveal where Christina is. Remember that he valued being a "hero," speaking out on behalf of what he saw as bullying of his family. He is probably vain and self-interested, but even killers have their individual sets of values.

ETA: No one should take the above as any sort of criticism of Christina's family's decision to continue their jail vigils/demonstrations. They have more inside info than we possibly could. What I have said is just my personal take on EA.

I really wish CM's threads could be split up. It's beyond time. Suggestions:

*What is known about the night she went missing
*EA arrest on stolen phone and related documents
*EA arrest on kidnapping, related documents and bail hearing testimony
*HF drug activity
*CM search info
*Public Demonstrations
*EA did it
*"Want More Proof Because DNA in Trunk is Not Enough"
*ID Special (already a separate thread)

In the Jon Benet Ramsey forum there are threads about Ramsey's Did It vs Intruder Did It and basically that's all that is allowed in that particular thread. It doesn't break down discussion but does seem to alleviate some of the frustration and snarkiness. It's easier for people to avoid the hot button topics that cause the most strife, it seems like.

Just my opinion, as always.

*HF drug activity
*CM search info
*Public Demonstrations
*EA did it

In the Jon Benet Ramsey forum there are threads about Ramsey's Did It vs Intruder Did It and basically that's all that is allowed in that particular thread. It doesn't break down discussion but does seem to alleviate some of the frustration and snarkiness. It's easier for people to avoid the hot button topics that cause the most strife, it seems like.

There is not much posting happening anyway right now. Not enough to support a bunch of threads, Imo. Those things can all be discussed here. But jmo...

*HF drug activity
*CM search info
*Public Demonstrations
*EA did it

I'd probably post more if I could avoid the endless discussions about Christina's lifestyle (including her boyfriend, OMG) and judgment of Jonni/the rest of Christina's family. Good idea.

*HF drug activity
*CM search info
*Public Demonstrations
*EA did it

Spring boarding from your thought; I understand your thoughts and as a follower, not even as a contributor, of this thread there have been frustrating moments. I've observed a lot of benign statements elicit inflammatory, wounded, passive aggressive responses which never move anything forward. We're discussing a human being who is missing and has been missing for almost five months with the worst outcome presumed to be the most likely outcome, as stated by LE. A human being who lived, breathed, felt joy and sorrow, and deserved all the wonderful things life has to offer us all. A human being who has ceased contact and regular daily activities since the early morning hours of 8/30/14. A human being who is sorely missed by her family. I would imagine they want answers more than all of us combined. IMO, pride and ego just don't deserve anyone’s attention or consideration. If being right is what is most important to an individual, sleuthing may not be the genre of online forums well suited to their talents. If you find yourself getting offended by reading this....well....:hand: Ain't no body got time for that! Just kidding. Kind of.
IMO, everyone adds value and speculation is necessary to fill in holes. I personally find the most value from theories that true back to primary facts rather than theories that sprinkle facts here and there and true back to speculation. Does that mean I’m right and someone who thinks differently is wrong, or that they’re right and I’m wrong? No, because the funny thing about truth and the “big picture” is it’s always much simpler than speculative theories and always much stranger than facts initially led us to believe.

I'd probably post more if I could avoid the endless discussions about Christina's lifestyle (including her boyfriend, OMG) and judgment of Jonni/the rest of Christina's family. Good idea.

IMO I would think that her live-in boyfriend who NEVER reported her missing and has been indicted on a federal drug charge is worthy of discussion. No one has been cleared by LE. JMO

IMO I would think that her live-in boyfriend who NEVER reported her missing and has been indicted on a federal drug charge is worthy of discussion. No one has been cleared by LE. JMO

I think the issue is that he has not been named as a POI and an arrest has been made, with no real reason, Imo, to think other arrests are coming. Jmo

Your point is taken, but, well, again, hard to know what would make that happen. If your child were missing, wouldn't you try anything that might produce results? If you are the parent of a missing child, I imagine ruffling the feathers of a few folks is pretty far down the list of things to worry about. I also imagine answering to one's own sense of duty and responsibility in what decisions you make to try to find your missing child would outweigh what anyone else might think about those decisions. IMO

The picketing appears to be a legal action, and it is something the Find CM team has decided has merit, at this time. Debating the wisdom of the picketing seems a no-win kind of discussion. Except I guess it shows CM isn't getting lost in the methods, at least around here--we are all talking about the case!

Great points, I agree wholeheartedly.

To expand on some things in general:
"Picketing" comes in many forms, but what is actually happening here in Allen Tx is 6-8 ppl simply standing in silence on the public sidewalk outside if EA house on some evenings holding up poster board homemade signs. No walking, chanting, shouting, rioting, destruction of property, loud and/or obnoxious noises, no threats, no blocking of the street or private driveways....nothing but STANDING outside in in the open air.

If you want to criticize how CM's family has chosen to demonstrate outrage, that's simply your opinion and everyone has one. I think the majority of the town (Allen Tx) has just as much anger and outrage for the A's (EA) that JM has for him, sooooo although it might appear rude, destructive or not conform to your beliefs, local opinions are aligned with JM. I know, it may be unbelievable but check the public FCM-FB page, they have more supporters there than the contributors of this case within the WS site.

Different cultures behave differently. In Allen Tx, most of the area stand in solidarity with the Morris family. Personally, I'm not sure what I would do but I surely won't stand aside and judge what they've decided to do, judge and criticize what TES has done, or judge and criticize the lifestyle/friends CM had. That's just "noise" and has been investigated thoroughly to determine EA is responsible for AK, and "absolutely" murder. Sure, Others are terrible, drug dealing, druggies/shady liars, irresponsible, criminal, drug addicts BUT they've been shook down multiple times (according to the affidavits). EVIDENCE leads them directly to EA and EA alone.

Regardless of the choices CM made within her life or that night.....she's gone now. That's NOT ok & EA will pay for his actions!

EA knows what went down that night, bottom line. Without him speaking and no sign of CM, we're stuck with a AK case. Anyone heard of an update with the greenville body remains found?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties