GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #37 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it does say in the affidavit that LE got the information from EAs phone because he sent a text message in Nov 2014 about having sex with the victim a couple of years ago. LE probably followed up with her to find out the full story.

Yes, thanks, just re-read, it says an instant message which I believe is different to a text in that it tends not to be permanantly saved unless someone actively saves it. Is that right, I've never used any type of IM.

Were LE intercepting EA's communications? I'm not sure it came from his end, I'd still lean towards the wronged gf handing it over.

Honestly this man defies believe, knowing that he is under suspicion he sends an inflammatory message to someone who's hardly likely to be on his side admitting a crime! SMH

JMO

Mod Note

Hi all, you need to continue to link when posting as fact, here is the Media Thread again for reference:

Media Thread

Both Imamaze and I have tried to keep this up to date for you.

Friendly reminder's:

Sleuthing is limited to what has been in MSM, the affidavits and warrants.

Sleuthing family members, friends, GF's is off limits.

Please leave arguments at the door and agree to disagree in a constructive manner.

If you have a problem with a post please alert rather than respond. If a post is removed yours will be removed if quoted.

Thank you,

Coldpizza

Bumping...

Reminds me of those 20 something year old losers that troll for high school girls because a young immature girl would think it was "cool" to have an older boyfriend and see him as a catch whereas women his own age would see him a loser who still lives with mommy, never went to college or did anything with his life, and is maybe even a bit of a creeper. Won't be surprised if more high school girls are added to his list of conquests. SB ' S statement of not being interested and his subsequent alleged attitude about further feeds my theory that he doesn't do well with women his own age and thus trolls the high school for his next boo thang. Five bucks says more underage "girlfriends" will pop up in his history.

I see the point that you are making. The warrant clearly states that Arochi lied to his parents about her age, and that the parents wished her a happy 18th birthday on her 17th birthday. For all we know, that may have been when she realized that EA had been lying about her age. Otherwise, I'm not sure why that particular incident was contained in the warrant.

One thing that does seem clear - EA lied about his age to the girl, and lied about her age to his parents. This to me shows that, at the very least, he realized it was wrong, but it's also possible that he knew very well that it was illegal, so he lied to cover that very fact.
MOO

I imagine that the last thing one would do when presented with an incorrect birthday cake by ones boyfriend's parents is pipe up and tell them they'd got it wrong. The poor girl's only realistic option would have been to play along.

JMO/IMO

Not sleuthing the most resent ex as a suspect when asking this but didn't someone do the math in the previous thread and figure out she too was underage or close to it when they started dating? May explain her tendency to take him back etc. Young girls tend to be very impressionable and easily manipulated by older more experienced men which is why although many see it as no big deal for a grown *advertiser censored* man to troll high school girls, it is indeed a crime. These so called "men" use their influence to manipulate girls into acts they may or may not commit with boys their own age which is why they are considered victims.

Detective C. Stamm is everywhere in this case!!!! She is one busy lady!

Yes, thanks, just re-read, it says an instant message which I believe is different to a text in that it tends not to be permanantly saved unless someone actively saves it. Is that right, I've never used any type of IM.

Were LE intercepting EA's communications? I'm not sure it came from his end, I'd still lean towards the wronged gf handing it over.

Honestly this man defies believe, knowing that he is under suspicion he sends an inflammatory message to someone who's hardly likely to be on his side admitting a crime! SMH

JMO

Interesting point about the IM. You might be correct. It also wouldn't surprise me if LE was able to get much more detailed electronic surveillance than we know about.

I did not know what the legal age for consent is. There must have been a reason he lied about 1 year in age difference. If my son brought home a girl that was 16 or 17, when he was 22, I think I would say "isnt she a little young for you". I would hope his first thought wasnt about making her a year older so they could have sex legally. Maybe he knew the age of consent because it has been an issue before? IMO

True but trust this will be the defense ' s angle. *advertiser censored* shaming her and digging into her past to find other sexual partners. I do think the victim lied...under the influence of EA. Since he lied about his age to her he knew he was breaking the law. He IMO got her hooked on him, convinced her to lie to her mother of where she was spending the night (as I don't imagine any decent mother would allow their daughter to spend the night at a grown *advertiser censored* man's house) and go along with EA ' S lies to his parents about her age. It wouldn't surprise me if they were clueless that she even spent the night as they seem (or claim to be) ignorant of EA ' S extracurricular activities.
If she turned 17 while "dating" can they now put her on the stand to testify?

I feel quite sick right now for EA's long-term girlfriend. In mid-December her full name was listed as a jail visitor for EA on the Collin County site (but promptly removed). Now in the first week of March, part of her name is listed in an affidavit that contains a disrespectful and vulgar text that EA sent her. Her strict parents are probably horrified. IMO

https://twitter.com/BF_StarNews/status/572774769382146052

Snipped by me

I read through the affidavit, and thought, "eh, this is a little weak" but only because imo they saw the message to RA saying EA was glad he___ J. I think that led to more digging up info and so on.
And now, as I pull my hair back and place my neck on the chopping block... His entire family is from another country where I don't think it's uncommon for girls in their late teens to date slightly older guys. He told her he was 19. Admittedly, thought was wrong of him to lie (surprised?), but they both knew they weren't supposed to be dating. She accepted an 18th bday card. Not bashing her, but this honestly sounds, to me, that they just liked each other.
Go ahead, now. I'm ready for the wolves.

There is an old saying: When in Rome, do as the Romans do.

Just the fact that they liked each other doesn't make a sexual relationship appropriate. Times past, people liked each other plenty but restrained their sexual behavior. Moreover, the older and more experienced partner who truly cares about the other will put her best interests first. (Selection of gender pronouns should not be construed as some sort of gender discrimination. It works the other way around as well.) It especially troubles me that Arochi lied to the young woman about his age, even if she found out later or even if he honestly corrected the lie as the relationship progressed. What is courtship among age-mates is grooming when it is done to someone much younger and much less sophisticated. Moreover, the lying is an indication that he was well aware of our laws here in the U.S.

True but trust this will be the defense ' s angle. *advertiser censored* shaming her and digging into her past to find other sexual partners. I do think the victim lied...under the influence of EA. Since he lied about his age to her he knew he was breaking the law. He IMO got her hooked on him, convinced her to lie to her mother of where she was spending the night (as I don't imagine any decent mother would allow their daughter to spend the night at a grown *advertiser censored* man's house) and go along with EA ' S lies to his parents about her age. It wouldn't surprise me if they were clueless that she even spent the night as they seem (or claim to be) ignorant of EA ' S extracurricular activities.

I know what the affidavit says, and don't know if any of your speculation is true.

But even if it is, it won't matter, because a claim that "she lied about her age" at some point doesn't make it legal under Texas law for EA to have engaged in sexual relations with her. He had an affirmative duty to ascertain her age, and to give her a wide berth sexually until she was 17. Furthermore, given the fact that he told her he was 19 (putting himself in the 3-year exception window) I think it's incredibly unlikely he lacked full knowledge. IMO he was chasing forbidden fruit and he knew it.

In addition, regardless of what he might claim happened as an excuse, he lies. So there's that. Undoubtedly the victim will testify, and it looks like there's plenty of supporting evidence that he did the crime (many times).

The penalty for a conviction is up to 20 years and up to a $10,000 fine.

There is an old saying: When in Rome, do as the Romans do.

Just the fact that they liked each other doesn't make a sexual relationship appropriate. Times past, people liked each other plenty but restrained their sexual behavior. Moreover, the older and more experienced partner who truly cares about the other will put her best interests first. (Selection of gender pronouns should not be construed as some sort of gender discrimination. It works the other way around as well.) It especially troubles me that Arochi lied to the young woman about his age, even if she found out later or even if he honestly corrected the lie as the relationship progressed. What is courtship among age-mates is grooming when it is done to someone much younger and much less sophisticated. Moreover, the lying is an indication that he was well aware of our laws here in the U.S.
Please don't think for a second that I think it's appropriate for this relationship to have happened. I haven't seen a single time in this whole case where EA understands the rules of dating. I started off this morning more relieved that the latest charge was (EEK, can't figure out another way to say this) not against a non-consensual minor. I know that came out different than what I'm trying to say.
I have 2 boys, 18&16. Girls are allowed upstairs, with the doors open and they know I pop up occasionally. And my husband and I have spoken with each girlfriends' parents so there is no question about what goes on if our sons are at their homes.
Not sure what I'm trying to say here. Some will attack be now for blaming the parents. I'm not.

I feel quite sick right now for EA's long-term girlfriend. In mid-December her full name was listed as a jail visitor for EA on the Collin County site (but promptly removed). Now in the first week of March, part of her name is listed in an affidavit that contains a disrespectful and vulgar text that EA sent her. Her strict parents are probably horrified. IMO

https://twitter.com/BF_StarNews/status/572774769382146052

ITA, the lack of redaction of her name is very odd

I was saying that if his parents thought she was 18 it is likely that she lied about her age. It is not unusual for people to try to make their ages closer than they are. My aunt was 20, started dating a man, but said she was 25 because he told her he was 30. Turns out he was 35, so their 5 year difference was actually 15! They both found out when they applied for their marriage license. Surprise!
MOO

While that is one assumption and not necessarily unreasonable, there are other possibilities, among them that he lied to his parents about her age, that his parents knew her true age but also knew US law and were carrying out this fiction when they made the birthday cake, that there was a miscommunication. It may be that I am quite in ignorance making this suggestion, but just what are the English language skills of Arochi's parents? It is also possible that Arochi put pressure on the girl to lie to his parents about her age.

We could speculate upon this endlessly, I suppose, but none of that changes the fact that Arochi knowingly broke the law by making a relationship with an underage girl sexual. She was not old enough initially to give consent.

Snipped by me

I read through the affidavit, and thought, "eh, this is a little weak" but only because imo they saw the message to RA saying EA was glad he___ J. I think that led to more digging up info and so on.
And now, as I pull my hair back and place my neck on the chopping block... His entire family is from another country where I don't think it's uncommon for girls in their late teens to date slightly older guys. He told her he was 19. Admittedly, thought was wrong of him to lie (surprised?), but they both knew they weren't supposed to be dating. She accepted an 18th bday card. Not bashing her, but this honestly sounds, to me, that they just liked each other.
Go ahead, now. I'm ready for the wolves.
EA is still responsible for knowing the laws here in the U. S.

Well Im curious if the girl came forward or her parents did for her.

Why cant he date 2 girls?

Well, he can't date any girls now, but I don't think how many girls he dates is the issue. As far as I am concerned he could have had a harem as long as he conformed his behavior to the law.

I know some of my messages are pointed - this one is not meant to be. Police find evidence of a 22 year-old having sex with a 16 year-old. This is illegal... shouldn't they pursue it? How does pursuing an additional crime make them seem desperate.
It makes the PPD thorough..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member