GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #38 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess people have gone over and over theories so much, there's only so many times you can do that.
Sad because I don't want Christina's case to fall to the 2nd page and be forgotten about.
When things start moving court wise for EA's charges hopefully the chat will start back up again.

Suzy I know what you mean. Like searching for a needle in a haystack. I just imagine her being so so tiny that she could be anywhere.

When does Texas summertime begin? Before it gets really hot? I wonder if there's a possibility sometime may be found by people going out and about more in the good weather. Walking, running, biking etc...

It's frustrating that there has been nothing found, no clothing, no personal belongings, no evidence what so ever. Yet he was so sloppy on other aspects.

I watched this episode too (Dateline NBC, Infatuation, S24/Ep24.
What struck me about the case was that the victim, Shelley, wasn't engaged in any kind of dangerous behavior that led to her fate.
She was as innocent as anyone could possibly be when no longer a child.

The explanation of the crime, as told mainly by one retired LE guy, was thorough.
He gave step-by-step examples of what can go wrong from an investigation perspective.
The investigation was conducted carefully and LE even used the term "tunnel vision" to explain his awareness of the tendency and/or danger of it while investigating a case.

Prior to knowing anything about the case, LE pointed out that the apartment complex in Dallas, where some Dallas Art Institute students live, doesn't provide a safe environment.
He was adamant he would not have allowed his daughters to live there.
Yet, he realized this family didn't know its dangers.
What I took from his remark, was parents should check out the reputation of a complex in which your student might end up living when moving off campus.
Still, as it turned out in Shelley's case, the complex itself didn't end up having anything to do with her murder but provided a clue.

LE had to dig deeper before they could figure out who was responsible for her murder.
She received over forty stabbings to her back while she was in her own bed.
Stabbings usually indicate that a crime is personal and involves rage.

There was a bf (platonic in that they hadn't engaged sexually) who was a collector of daggers, knives and swords, along with a roommate who presented as being "different" and not believable initially.
There weren't any signs of forced entry or evidence of a sexual nature found.
These initial observations left both the roommate and bf as prime suspects.
Later, a baggy with the victim's blood was discovered in the bf's bathroom in his apartment.
The victim told her mom she might stop seeing the bf soon and the mom conveyed this tidbit to LE.

So, who dunnit?

The episode is 120 mins. I don't see a re-run scheduled but noticed an online link to the episode.

So who did it? Was it the BF?

No...Bf's oddball roommate, who was jealous of their relationship.
I am a huge self proclaimed Dateline fan and it's usually someone from "left field" so to speak. People are crazy, it just boggles my mind that SO many murders and missing person cases happen each day. There are so many things in life that are hard enough to deal with, why can't we just help one another instead of killing? Sorry, I got off track but being on WS and watching enough TV has lead me to believe that you can't ever be "too careful" in life. JMO

About the Dateline series, I observe that they play up the "wrong suspect" to the max, and it makes me suspect they at times (and perhaps regularly) may exaggerate details or focus a bit, in order to create that twist at the end that turns it into a suspenseful story. Formulaic, but it draws ratings.

The exaggeration doesn't have to be lies. It is just a matter of focus. For example, maybe they dwell on an item that objectively may have been somewhat minor when it occurred, or may have been quickly dismissed because the investigators knew it was irrelevant. But they make into a big deal after the fact because of the way it turns the story. Or maybe they gloss over items that gave away the real culprit all along, but that are barely mentioned until late in the show.

With only an hour for everything, using a few extra minutes playing up this or that, while only taking a quick glance at something else that actually was the primary focus all along, can make a plain-jane story have seeming twists and turns in who "might have been" seen as the culprit.

My point being, it's easy to think that "unsuspected culprit" who was discovered later is common, if you watch Dateline a lot. When, in reality, they are cherry-picking stories and facts to tell tales that have (or appear to have) twists and turns that come unexpectedly. Real stories, but not the normal pattern.

About the Dateline series, I observe that they play up the "wrong suspect" to the max, and it makes me suspect they may exaggerate a bit, in order to create that twist at the end that turns it into a suspenseful story. Formulaic, but it draws ratings.

The exaggeration doesn't have to be lies. It is just a matter of focus, where they dwell on an item that objectively was somewhat minor when it occurred, but they make into a big deal after the fact because of the way it turns the story. With only an hour for everything, using a few extra minutes playing up this or that, while only taking a quick glance at something else that actually was the primary focus all along, can make a plain-jane story have seeming twists and turns in who "might have been" seen as the culprit.

My point being, it's easy to think that "unsuspected culprit" who was discovered later is common, if you watch Dateline a lot. When, in reality, they are cherry-picking stories and facts to tell tales that have (or appear to have) twists and turns that come unexpectedly. Real stories, but not the normal pattern.

Right. They have a formula. If people like the formula enough, a show lasts awhile. In an investigation, it seems to me, that there can be so many threads of things that it is confusing. For the police, I assume, they have to eventually decide which thread to follow. In a court case, I cannot imagine that the prosecution wants too many threads pursued, whereas for the defense, those side roads can create reasonable doubt in a jury's collective 'mind.'

About the Dateline series, I observe that they play up the "wrong suspect" to the max, and it makes me suspect they at times (and perhaps regularly) may exaggerate details or focus a bit, in order to create that twist at the end that turns it into a suspenseful story. Formulaic, but it draws ratings.

The exaggeration doesn't have to be lies. It is just a matter of focus. For example, maybe they dwell on an item that objectively may have been somewhat minor when it occurred, or may have been quickly dismissed because the investigators knew it was irrelevant. But they make into a big deal after the fact because of the way it turns the story. Or maybe they gloss over items that gave away the real culprit all along, but that are barely mentioned until late in the show.

With only an hour for everything, using a few extra minutes playing up this or that, while only taking a quick glance at something else that actually was the primary focus all along, can make a plain-jane story have seeming twists and turns in who "might have been" seen as the culprit.

Yep... "Made for TV Reality".. Ratings, ratings, ratings....

Holy smokes I am finally caught up! Can't believe I just read through 38 threads �� and I have to say I am at a loss. I do believe ea is guilty but I with information released I don't know if I believe she left the first time in his trunk. But I think time will tell. And why did he go back to the shops?? That is the only thing (with the erasing of the texts) that makes me think maybe someone else helped. I also wish we knew what else was sent to hf from ea that night

I think he went back to the shops to hand off drugs to someone, or he actually considered bringing CM back to her car (alive or dead) but thought better of it and went back home.

I'm not WBE but I watched it too. It was the BF's male roommate who was jealous of the time the BF was spending too much time with the victim

He was jealous of his first roommate, too, wasn't he? I loved Keith Morrison's voice and I like to see the updated ones, I can easily read to Dateline. My hubby says they take an hour to tell a 10 minute story. Some are better than others, I'm a 48 Hours and Paula Zahn fan, too.

Holy smokes I am finally caught up! Can't believe I just read through 38 threads �� and I have to say I am at a loss. I do believe ea is guilty but I with information released I don't know if I believe she left the first time in his trunk. But I think time will tell. And why did he go back to the shops?? That is the only thing (with the erasing of the texts) that makes me think maybe someone else helped. I also wish we knew what else was sent to hf from ea that night

Good for you! I have always wondered why he went back towards the shops, too. Thanks for reminding me of that. Unless LE has proof that she was never in the passenger (dna on the seat belt and mat), I can't decide if he took her somewhere then things went badly, like they fought, he won. If it happened in the garage, it was quick. A punch, then strangle? So little time to accomplish that unless he threw her in alive and dealt with her later. I love how LE is handling this case. Anybody know what's next timewise? Does he go on the SA charge first? Also, anybody know the story on the latest attorney? Who and where is his support, if any? Have Jonni and crew finished picketing in front of the jail. I guess I could check MSM but you guys are much better informed. Love that WS made the Washington Post, that was cool.

I think he went back to the shops to hand off drugs to someone, or he actually considered bringing CM back to her car (alive or dead) but thought better of it and went back home.

Very good thought, maybe that is where she and EA went, although he didn't go back into that garage, maybe a friend from the party was waiting for a drop off? I'm reaching, sorry. Makes me wonder at what point EA turned his phone off (at least that's what the PI said, but that hasn't been confirmed, has it?
I sure would like to know what they took from his home that took 13 hours and included the shed. Any clues on that black shirt note, either? I thought investigative reporters investigated. So frustrating. Peace to Christina girl.

"Anybody know what's next timewise? Does he go on the SA charge first?"

Remains to be seen, but I expect that the SA trial will happen first. The SA charge was the first indictment (of the 2) to be issued, and the (alleged) crime occurred first as well. IMO it also creates advantages in the AK trial if, when it begins, he's a convicted sex offender who had already committed that sex offense (but not yet discovered) before CM went missing.

"Also, anybody know the story on the latest attorney? Who and where is his support, if any?"

The attorney for EA is Gore, and afaik he will be compensated by the state.

"I think he went back to the shops to hand off drugs to someone, or he actually considered bringing CM back to her car (alive or dead) but thought better of it and went back home."

The idea that he could have brought her back toward her car to leave her there AFTER ALREADY HAVING DONE WHATEVER - and then changed his mind - is not a scenario I've seen here before. Interesting.

When we discussed various possibilities after the arrest info emerged, I favored the idea that he came back toward her car because that was the plan all along and nothing had gone wrong until they neared the car. If I have to pick, I'd probably still favor that one. But I don't think it's really a game-changer if we can or can't figure out exactly WHEN the abduction happened, down to the minute.

"Makes me wonder at what point EA turned his phone off (at least that's what the PI said, but that hasn't been confirmed, has it?)"

I think the affidavit and hearing evidence shows his phone was NOT turned off, and that the PI was mistaken. As an aside, I don't know how the PI would have had any way to know anything about EA's phone records, but LE would know.

Holy smokes I am finally caught up! Can't believe I just read through 38 threads �� and I have to say I am at a loss. I do believe ea is guilty but I with information released I don't know if I believe she left the first time in his trunk. But I think time will tell. And why did he go back to the shops?? That is the only thing (with the erasing of the texts) that makes me think maybe someone else helped. I also wish we kne,w what else was sent to hf from ea that night
Him going back to the shops is my major red flag. I just don't get it...,

Great point I have often wondered about.

Very good thought, maybe that is where she and EA went, although he didn't go back into that garage, maybe a friend from the party was waiting for a drop off? I'm reaching, sorry. Makes me wonder at what point EA turned his phone off (at least that's what the PI said, but that hasn't been confirmed, has it?
I sure would like to know what they took from his home that took 13 hours and included the shed. Any clues on that black shirt note, either? I thought investigative reporters investigated. So frustrating. Peace to Christina girl.

Was it ever verified that EA went back to SOL or just that he was near there? I only remember it being close to the shops but I could be wrong. I know that in MOO the reason he went back to that area was to check for any evidence he may have left. Of course that theory would only make sense if CM left in his trunk. If she was in the passenger seat there shouldn't be anything incriminating to check for.

I really wish Christina could be found. It breaks my heart for her and I'm just a stranger trying to figure out what happened so I cannot even begin to imagine what her family must be going through. Something like this must put an unbelievable strain on all the relationships.

JMO

I struggle to believe she left the garage in the trunk, I just can't get my head around that one. But I think LE might be saying that because there's no DNA evidence for her being in the passenger seat, but there is for the trunk. So they would be speculating she was in the passenger side. But she was in the trunk!!

Why did he return to the area? Hopefully we will find out... One day!

I had a couple of thoughts - perhaps and altercation DID happen in the garage which resulted in CM being put in his trunk. Did he return to see he hadn't left any evidence? Any blood? Anything fallen out her bag? Any clothes fallen off, jewellery? Did he return to the scene of the crime as such to see if there was any police presence. Has anyone seen or heard?

Or... Did the 1st time they left were they going somewhwre re? Was CM still okay at this point but it all went wrong after this? I hope the police are able to work out the area he would have to have been in to ping off this tower.

In my opinion the police will have more pings, and just released what that had to to secure his bond.

Could someone help me out? Did Steve N not say shortly after CM walking to garage with EA that when he text her to see if she was okay his text was sent as a green text message and not a blue iMessage?

I struggle to believe she left the garage in the trunk, I just can't get my head around that one. But I think LE might be saying that because there's no DNA evidence for her being in the passenger seat, but there is for the trunk. So they would be speculating she was in the passenger side. But she was in the trunk!!

Why did he return to the area? Hopefully we will find out... One day!

I had a couple of thoughts - perhaps and altercation DID happen in the garage which resulted in CM being put in his trunk. Did he return to see he hadn't left any evidence? Any blood? Anything fallen out her bag? Any clothes fallen off, jewellery? Did he return to the scene of the crime as such to see if there was any police presence. Has anyone seen or heard?

Or... Did the 1st time they left were they going somewhwre re? Was CM still okay at this point but it all went wrong after this? I hope the police are able to work out the area he would have to have been in to ping off this tower.

In my opinion the police will have more pings, and just released what that had to to secure his bond.

Could someone help me out? Did Steve N not say shortly after CM walking to garage with EA that when he text her to see if she was okay his text was sent as a green text message and not a blue iMessage?

That's a good point. I wonder if they have video of his car re-entering the garage..

That's a good point. I wonder if they have video of his car re-entering the garage..

It's just strange how to me it seems like a spontaneous crime, so sloppy as such with his lie, actions etc... Yet they have found nothing. Not even so much as a shoe, purse, make up bag. Nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SluethinAway