Found Deceased TX - Crystal Seratte McDowell, 38, Baytown, 25 Aug 2017 #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm new.
Please disregard any repeats.
-What other family members of Crystals have been named? Siblings, cousins?
-Any family jealousy over the realtor business? Ownership possibilities? Insured members?
-Why disturb a crime scene when that is a wealth of info to getting answers? I wouldn't take a chance on the slightest possibility. Unless there is reason to panic over what might be used against the person who is disturbing it. I can see family rushing over to get first glance but I would video it all, have a witness with me before entering and call LE for dispatch of confirmation.

Reading the transcript right now. Bf says they got footage from Monday-Friday. I wonder if the date on all those videos are off by 6 days as well.

I also see that he mentioned getting the footage off his DVR. I thought so. I figured he had it saved to the Dvr in his home, not at a server located elsewhere. In that case, what was the delay in turning the footage over? As I said, if the police wanted my camera footage they would need only to take the dvr to the station and plug it into a TV. Easy as pie.

So, why did he only give screenshots at first, then turn over the dvr four or five days later? Deleting footage? Alarm bells ringing for me.

He also mentions an IT guy. For what? Those security cameras look crappy, so they're likely cheap. Anyone here could set them up right out of the box. Mount the cameras and plug them into the back of the dvr. Connect the dvr to a tv, and viola you're done.

It seems too that he is saying that the inside cameras upload to the cloud, as a way to explain why the outside camera has a way-off time stamp. It's dubious at best that some footage would save to the cloud and some would save locally, unless he had two different systems hooked up. If so, why? And why would he want footage of his home to upload to the cloud, when there's the potential of either of them caught on camera walking around in various states of undress?

Maybe the 8/19 isn't a mistake -- I don't see how it could be honestly-- but that was the only clear footage he had of her leaving the house lately. Maybe there's no actual footage of her leaving on the 25th because she didn't leave under her own power.

It seems to me that footage doesn't prove she drove off on Friday morning. It makes me think the opposite. If she's there Thursday night and no one got any communication from her Friday, except by text -- text that recipients say didn't sound like her, maybe it wasn't from her. If she was at his apartment, her phone was too.

Something else that I found weird: the sheriff said she'd been living with her boyfriend and her ex sometimes. Did he make a mistake or was she pretty much living with the bf, rather than the ex as was said in the beginning? I was under the impression that she lived with the ex and occasionally stayed with the bf, but it seems like it might be the other way around? Thought the ex might be jealous that she stayed with the bf sometimes. But maybe the bf pretty much considered them to be living together and he was jealous that she wasn't as committed if she sometimes stayed with her ex.

I also think someone here said the boyfriend said she spent two nights with him. Sorry I don't have time to look right now. Maybe I'm mistaken, but if I'm not, then she was with the bf Wednesday night as well.

Did she go to work on Thursday? Did anyone else see or talk to her Thursday?

Motive? Jealousy? Maybe she was going to cancel the trips? Sure the Wednesday messages sound lovey-dovey, but if she was with the bf, he had access to send them. That's especially so since he claimed her phone was malfunctioning and he was going to give her a replacement. Maybe he convinced her to give him her phone with the promise that he would get it fixed and did give her his spare. If she wasn't working Thursday or Friday, a day or so without her regular number probably wouldn't be a huge deal

Frankly, I find it odd that in the short time she'd been with him, both her phone and her computer started malfunctioning. Conveniently he claimed to have replacements for both. Could he have sabotaged both? Did he went her to use his laptop so he could track her communications with a keylogger? And an old phone of his, he would surely have the password to, to see who she might be communicating with.

Someone else said this smells like a setup to point the police towards the ex. I wonder.

I just don't believe the camera footage explanation at all. If the footage is a lie, why? Unless it's to cover up something bad that happened.

ETA: if the boyfriend said Crystal was going to ride out the storm at home, why would she want to ride it out with him and not her kids? It seems like she'd want to be with the kids at a scary time for them.
Bingo! This has really been niggling at me, too. I may be more skittish than others since I'm not from a hurricane prone area, but I wouldn't be worrying about sleepovers or RE appointments or cruises the day before it's supposed to hit. I would be taking my family and getting out of Dodge.

IMHO, of course. Not knowing the details of where they all live it could have been unnecessary.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

J.M.O.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, that makes sense for you, but CM's chosen career fields should have been dominated by women. :dunno:

Well, as a flight attendant for expressjet based out of Houston I imagine she worked the on the united planes which are single flight attendant planes meaning she would work with no othe FAs just 2 (usually male, but not always)pilots.

Check this out: Her missing persons posters have differing eye colors! One says her eyes are green; one says they're hazel, and I've seen plenty of photos where her eyes are bright blue and could not be mistaken for any other color -- they're blue in the photo, no doubt.

It's crazy.

Well, as a flight attendant for expressjet based out of Houston I imagine she worked the on the united planes which are single flight attendant planes meaning she would work with no othe FAs just 2 (usually male, but not always)pilots.[/QUOTE]

Her twitter and FB show many all female crews

J.M.O.

I do believe the Troy friend who was interviewed by Ashleigh is gay. Only mention it because I don't think he was sexually attracted to her.

But yes, another male friend...

I think the verification is in the images/video that we've seen. On both Thursday and Friday we've seen her in the house wearing what looks like pink outfits, but we know they were black from a photo that was taken on Thursday and the video that was taken on Friday.
What photo on Thursday the 24th?

Crystal texted her friend (male) on August 24th, it was his birthday and she texted him "Happy Birthday Handsome, I love you" and he texted back " Love You".

Maybe the boyfriend found out she was texting other males.

Just a thought

I do believe the Troy friend who was interviewed by Ashleigh is gay. Only mention it because I don't think he was sexually attracted to her.

But yes, another male friend...

Wait he's gay if he isn't sexually attracted to her?

Smh

J.M.O.

If her husband was an introvert and not meeting her extrovert needs, she may have sought male friends to fill that void.

Crystal had male friends but also just lots of friends period(based on her Facebook and comments on articles). She clearly loved to socialize, which is great for a realtor. But would be tough when her husband prefers to be home.

Well, as a flight attendant for expressjet based out of Houston I imagine she worked the on the united planes which are single flight attendant planes meaning she would work with no othe FAs just 2 (usually male, but not always)pilots.

Her twitter and FB show many all female crews

J.M.O.[/QUOTE]

Well, I just looked at twitter and saw one pic of an all female crew. One Fa and two pilots. Meaning she most likely worked on the planes with just 2 pilots. Also her pics in FA uniform show her wearing a united scarf, and the expressjet fleet for united consists of ERJ 135 and 145 planes both of which are planes that only use one FA.

None of that is relevant to her missing, but I wanted to point out that one of her choosen career fields Appears to be a job which would require a lot of interaction with males and may explain why she has several close male friends since she perhaps got used to interacting with mostly men. Obviously there are lots of female pilots but they don't even make up 25% of the pilots.

Even so, lots of women sometimes have close male friends. Doesn't seem strange at all to me. Also on twitter were many pics with female friends perhaps they just don't want to talk to the media.

Jmo

Did anyone see Crystals December 2015 youtube post? 'My Son on life priorities, Family and work-the world needs more love'. He is very young with an intense measure of delivery. Very sweet, and sad...

I don't know how nor if it is appropriate to attach the youtube link.

If it turns out to be the uncle, I think I will have a heart attack.

Jmo

I just had an opportunity to watch a short video clip (1:58) of A. Banfield show.

My first impression of the kitchen scene was that CM was slouching a little like she may have had too much to drink. No judgement there.

And when she was walking to her car I noticed like a lot of other posters that she looked around a bit. She might have been thinking about the incoming storm?

This is all my observations and opinion.

I agree with others that TxEq coming back is a big deal.

http://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2017/09/07/mom-mysteriously-disappears-hurricane-harvey-texas.cnn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties