Found Deceased TX - Crystal Seratte McDowell, 38, Baytown, 25 Aug 2017 #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
First post on this thread, so random thoughts:

I think it's possible she may have been planning on going somewhere (quickly or otherwise) that she didn't want to share with bf or ex. Telling people you might do this or that leaves room to not be bothered for awhile.

The billboard picture doesn't seem to me to be taken at the time it was sent. Perhaps she didn't even take it and someone else did the night before and sent it to her in a "hey friend look what I see" way. All she'd have to do is save and send the photo to bf. But, it is also possible the brightness of the sign cause the rest of the photo to darken with the camera's focus, making it seem much darker outside than it was. Just think there shouldn't be too much put into that for location and time purposes.

I think some sort of interaction between her and the ex happened before he told her to go to work to pick up the kids. Maybe a phone call saying I may be a little late, just let me know if I should go to the house or work for the kids. He seems to just be updating, I don't see any anger in the text at all.

I would like to know exactly when communication stopped on CM's end. Surely there were more than 2-3 people texting/calling her that morning, right?

I would like to know if anyone was present for the dishwasher delivery.

Backing the car in isn't really a big deal to me. The way it's sitting though almost looks like the driver started to pull out and didn't, though it could have been from moving waters. Which day did this hotel parking lot flood and to what degree?

And I agree with other posters, if she has been killed any body of water would be the go to place.

All is JMO.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

This case is close to home. I just ran across it on Facebook yesterday. The flooding in our areawas broadcast 24/7 for a week. I'm sure that's why I'm just hearing about it. The flooding is the worst I've seen and I've lived here all of my 40yrs. There's a good chance her body traveled miles. The water level was high and moving swiftly. Water was rising in our area a foot every two hours during the worst part. There are areas where people are not aloud in there homes due to the water level/sewer issues. Unfortunately she could be anywhere

ETA: there's a good possibilty locals have not heard much about this due to clean up and lack cable/internet in some areas.

Thank you for this-- the second link has the videos of the Ashley Banfield show. I just started to watch the first one. Oh my goodness that skydive video! She seems like such a sweet and positive person. I couldn't help notice the skydive instructor ask if her and her husband have enough life insurance and she says they do. I'm sure she never thought that info might be relevant a few years later. Wonder how/if policy changed with the divorce. :( :scared:

There's a map shown at the top of last nights show - it's on the screen before 10 second mark [video=vimeo;232913148]https://vimeo.com/232913148[/video]

Regardless of whether or not Crystal and her bf had been dating around before meeting, it's clear that they had strong feelings for each other at the time she went missing. It's evident in their texts to each other, in her texts to other people, in her FB status, and in his continuous search for her in the media.

It's not unheard of for people to jump headfirst into a new relationship and go completely gaga for someone. It seems their feelings for each other were reciprocated.

I can see him sending as an excuse to talk to her.. I've done stuff like that before. WHen somebody hasn't answered my previous texts and I want to talk to them but i don't want to seem over attatched or annoying, any excuse to text them I would take.

I confess I have done the same. It's my lame attempt at getting a response. She has probably blown him off before instead of being where she said she would be, so he wasn't surprised she didn't show up. But he obviously wanted a response from her. I feel bad for him.

I'm just wondering if a dishwasher was actually delivered, was it to her house, and who was there to accept delivery?? They won't just drop it off at an empty house. Someone has to sign saying it wasn't damaged and stuff.

Thank you for this-- the second link has the videos of the Ashley Banfield show. I just started to watch the first one. Oh my goodness that skydive video! She seems like such a sweet and positive person. I couldn't help notice the skydive instructor ask if her and her husband have enough life insurance and she says they do. I'm sure she never thought that info might be relevant a few years later. Wonder how/if policy changed with the divorce. :( :scared:

video of crystal skydiving starts here: [video=vimeo;232913173]https://vimeo.com/232913173[/video]

I may be in the minority but frankly, I think that it's really weird that her advertisement was on the sign outside the jewelry store. It is just so random. I want to know what other businesses they have publicized in that way. I've been looking at businesses around my town to see if any do that and none do!

The most I've seen is is a bulletin board where people can post ads. My doctors office has a little rack of cards for providers that offer things he doesn't (eye care, chiropractor, accupuncture, etc.). But at least they are all related in terms of being healthcare. But a jewelry store advertising a realtor business on their sign like that is weird, IMO.

I have not read all the posts but my feeling at this moment in time that the ex and the BF are not involved. I think the perp may be an old gf of the bf. This case kind of reminds me of Kendra Hatcher. I think an old GF was in a jealous rage and did something to Crystal.

I'm sorry if I missed it and I have been following since the beginning but are there actual screenshots of her texts? If so can someone point me to them?

video of crystal skydiving starts here: [video=vimeo;232913173]https://vimeo.com/232913173[/video]

Thanks! This video also has the interview with Tim Miller. It's good to hear exactly what he said and how he said it. I think he is overwhelmed with emotion right now because of the state of the flooding in Texas but he sounds resolute to keep searching for Crystal. JMO. :moo:

There are stills of various texts shown throughout several episodes of PTJ available for viewing here:
https://vimeo.com/user17512084

I think the first one was September 5 but am not certain...

:wave:

I'm from Baytown and wanted to add/correct a few things. I don't know either family but I can provide some info on the school and area.

The Baytown school district was not in session the day Crystal disappeared. There were no official phone calls from them that morning. School was supposed to start the next Monday. Teachers and administrators WERE working that week. The district first notified the community via automated phone message (to teachers, staff, community and parents) on the afternoon of August 24. Our call was before 4pm. The message went to VM and I still have it. It just said that the district was "closely monitoring the storm and it's receiving regular updates from officials regarding the status of the storm. Given the most recent forecast the district will cease operations at 2 p.m. on Friday August 25th. There will be no activities after that time and the staff we'll be dismissed at that time, in addition. There will be no district activities over the weekend at this point. We have not made a decision to cancel school on Monday."

The decision was not made until later in the afternoon of Aug 24th. The next phone call the district sent out was on August 27th just after 6:30AM, when they canceled school for Monday and Tuesday (school now starts this Monday). The district twitter account has the timing. -
https://twitter.com/GCCISD

There are two religious schools in town but both usually follow the public school calendar closely. If Crystal got a call about a 'school' they are likely referring to a daycare or summer childcare like the YMCA.

Most of the chemical plants and businesses started closing as soon as the district did. By Friday, the lines were pretty long to get supplies and things like water were running low. Some stores had been cleared out the night before. The jewelry store is near a target that has a grocery but they don't open until 8am. There was a Kroger across near the jewelry store but it closed. The new store is further down Garth road. There is a 24hr Walmart near the new Kroger.

The nearest Apple Store is at Baybrook Mall near NASA. The other is in the Galleria on the other side of Houston. It's not convenient or close to her ex's Baytown home or the bf's house. Traffic is a nightmare in those areas on a good day.

Her office is not in a dumpy area. That part of town is growing very quickly and all the maps and online photos are more than 10 years old. Baytown is a very fast growing city because we have a TON of petrochemical plants within a mile or two of the city. We're a bedroom community less than 20 minutes from Houston and medical center. Close to NASA and several colleges. Many people commute from Baytown to Houston because of cost. The baytown school district pays well and is considered a more fortunate district but none of the school districts in the area are shabby.

There are a lot of new, expensive homes being built around I-10 and the old country club. Existing communities houses were (before Harvey) increasing in value at a good clip. Crystal's family real estate agency is like the jewelry store. It's very well established in town. The town was a more compact until the last 15 years or so. People would have known the agency through word of mouth. I don't doubt she was making good money in the area with established reputation and clientele.

I'm not sure how their divorce worked, but children's feelings are taken into account when courts are deciding custody. One child might have wanted to stay with the other parent for some reason. The court would take that into consideration and encourage the parents to listen to the child's choice. In my divorce, we were required to take divorce therapy/parenting sessions as part of our filing. I think it was/is required in all instances for both parents.

Goose Creek was one of the worst hit areas in the Harvey floods. The area the ping was listed in is near it and in a less traveled/populated area. As businesses and people move north, it is almost deserted. The immediate area has some shady apartments and very few businesses.

The bf's Jewelry store has been in town for quite a long time (1924). It is family owned (the bf family) so not a chain and more personable. It is the only stand alone type 'fine' jewelry store in town. Almost every local family has been in there for engagement rings or gifts at some point. The intersection the store is near is also very crowded. It's one of the busiest in town. I avoid it at all costs. In addition to a fueling center and McDonalds, our only hospital, target, game stop, one of the three high schools, best buy, the post office, some churches, several restaurants and a big shipley's donut store, are all in the same vicinity. The area has had some crime issues and the whole Houston area has had a spate of brazen jewelry (and pharmacy) heists. If I owned a jewelry store, I'd probably have cameras everywhere, too.

The Motel 6 area (I-10) has a lot of through traffic and a lot of crime. There have been more than a few daylight robberies and car thefts there. Beaumont and Louisiana are East on I-10 within hours. Houston to the west. The cruise ships leave from Galveston, less than an hour drive south from Baytown on Highway 146.

Given the search area, I don't understand why the City of Baytown PD was not leading the case, even if they were stretched from Harvey. Most of Baytown is in Harris County. The farther east portions are in Chambers County. Chambers is less populated and a bit more rural. They don't have a lot of missing persons cases or high profile crime cases. They should have brought in the big investigators right away. Baytown and the surrounding area have had a rough turn from Harvey. It is much worse than we have ever experienced. It would be understandable if they had reached out to the FBI or Texas Rangers right away.

:welcome6: Catladyhou

:tyou: we much appreciate you joining us & for your input...

( ETA: AWESOME first post :clap: )

:wave:

Where are you Crystal???

:candle:

I live in town. The family have run other advertisements there before. I always thought it was another revenue stream because it is near one of our busiest intersections. I think I recall seeing different messages on the board for engagements and things. I don't travel that way because of the traffic and never look at the sign except when I'm stuck in traffic on the holidays. I think it is the only dynamic sign in town. I am surprised it is allowed considering how strict they are about signage.

Catlady - thanks for the fantastic information! Welcome to WS!

I live in town. The family have run other advertisements there before. I always thought it was another revenue stream because it is near one of our busiest intersections. I think I recall seeing different messages on the board for engagements and things. I don't travel that way because of the traffic and never look at the sign except when I'm stuck in traffic on the holidays. I think it is the only dynamic sign in town. I am surprised it is allowed considering how strict they are about signage.

Oh, ok! That makes a little more sense. I'm glad to know it wasn't just another random coincidence in the long list!

'Several romantic relationships'

-LE stated 'several romantic relationships'. I hope that was fact-checked before it was made public. It doesn't matter if there were or were not. It matters though if it is incorrect and arrived by what unifying census? Who or what defines 'several'? Is it 3 or more?? That is at best subjective.

If her children read that before they have the maturity of processing life's many in-between chapters, be it divorce, or any other, that can affect them in an unhealthy way. That type of maturity is a long way off for them based on their age.

'Several romantic relationships'

-LE stated 'several romantic relationships'. I hope that was fact-checked before it was made public. It doesn't matter if there were or were not. It matters though if it is incorrect and arrived by what unifying census? Who or what defines 'several'? Is it 3 or more?? That is at best subjective.

If her children read that before they have the maturity of processing life's many in-between chapters, be it divorce, or any other, that can affect them in an unhealthy way. That type of maturity is a long way off for them based on their age.

I am thinking it is more than 3.

What kind of water would he get at work? In a catastrophic event I don't think vending machine water would cut it. And hopefully he would get home with it.

SABBM-I don't know about his work specifically, but I know at my office/warehouse there's usually a few dozen cases of bottled water sitting around. They are usually left overs from events, meetings, etc.

If Crystal made it to her ex's house, wouldn't her phone ping there? Is there any information saying her phone pinged at his/their house? I thought it pinged near a park or something.

What if Crystal shut off her phone after getting irritated about a text? I know there's a disagreement about whether or not the text from ex is polite or not, but I'm sure Crystal would have a better idea knowing her ex. I don't know how iPhone texts work, so maybe it's not possible since there were more messages received after those were. It would explain the lack of pings (I think). Also, I believe one of the interviews mentioned a ping was only as accurate as a 3 mile radius.

Regarding the dishwasher. Did Crystal have a contractor doing the work or were they DIY'ing it? If she had workers, were they at the townhouse that day? The reason I ask is I know we don't know for sure, but we have speculated that it was probably for Crystal's townhouse. If it was, someone would have had to be present to unlock the house and accept delivery of the appliance. Who did that? How did the ex come to know it was delivered? Was he there? Did someone tell him? Who signed for that dishwasher??

I was curious about this as well. If a contractor signed for it, it doesn't really amount to much new info (other than I would imagine they would have been there all day and could say whether or not Crystal ever made an appearance). I DO NOT think a contractor would go to the house just to receive a dishwasher.

If ex signed for it, that means he was either at home or at the TH when it arrived.

Or it didn't have to be signed for and ex had access to whatever phone/e-mail had delivery notifications.

Snipped...

It didn't quote the quote. But several romantic interests? Several suggests more than two. Are those the 3 POIs? If so, a third BF might give ex and current BF both motive. Or a 3rd would have motive because of current BF. Basically it opens up some more options is what I'm getting at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kat Silva